PDA

View Full Version : Discussion - Honor features

relosaoZ
06-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Hey Fighters , How's your day going?
I wanted to hear your voice of adding the honor aspect to the game?
whether for good or bad
we've all witnessed people spamming their emotes to tease
or in brawl mod [2v2] , after defeating their opponent , waiting , watching , not interfering with the other ongoing battle
some people guardbreak you near a ledge , but wont drop you
some would heavy finish you in duel but won't execute an execution

I for example , enjoy walking rather than running in the start of a duel
I feel it enhances suspense and badass scenarios , and when ever the enemy is running towards the area of the map he wishes to fight , so be it , but he has to wait for my walking speed
or whenever You want to have a true fight and challenge , you do not deliver a killing blow even after throwing an enemy to the ground

so , what is your way of honor like?

Lord_Cherubi
06-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Hey Fighters , How's your day going?
I wanted to hear your voice of adding the honor aspect to the game?
whether for good or bad
we've all witnessed people spamming their emotes to tease
or in brawl mod [2v2] , after defeating their opponent , waiting , watching , not interfering with the other ongoing battle
some people guardbreak you near a ledge , but wont drop you
some would heavy finish you in duel but won't execute an execution

I for example , enjoy walking rather than running in the start of a duel
I feel it enhances suspense and badass scenarios , and when ever the enemy is running towards the area of the map he wishes to fight , so be it , but he has to wait for my walking speed
or whenever You want to have a true fight and challenge , you do not deliver a killing blow even after throwing an enemy to the ground

so , what is your way of honor like?

Domination is all out war so anything goes and my behaviour varies a lot but even there i try to be as honourable as i can. If i face an enemy 1v1 i will throw an emote before attacking and sometimes in 4v1 i might step aside to watch as my "minions" beat the poor guy to death.

In duels and brawls i have a strict honor code for myself, i greet my enemy, never emote spam, never gank, never ledge intentionally and never interfere the other fight. If i see them executing my partner i won't attack them and if i have a lot of health and im being confident i'll let them go trough the animation. If im low on hp and im certain i won't survive the fight if i let them heal, i'll gb them off and give them time to recover (no followup attack or poke) And i use revenge only for parries unless getting attacked after popping it.

But what's up with the gentlemans in domination lately? Today alone i've seen multiple players who greet me and never gank me. If i get ganked by another player they'll back off.

Oh and yesterday i saw a lawbringer who refused to attack anyone but instead just spammed the hell out the pony dance. I couldn't make myself hurt him so instead i fought other people and laughed my *** off

I think the honor code alone is one thing that makes this game so epic, i enjoy kinda roleplaying this honourable duelist but i don't mind if other people screw all of the "rules", it's what makes this game so much fun.

One epic moment that i absolutely want to share: i was playing Warlord on Beachhead and we were having a teamfight on C (not sure about the letter but i think it's called Ballista so not the Armory one). Me and this Kensei were both low on hp and fighting on the ledge as he threw me down to the lower level and tried to finish me off with a drop attack. I managed to roll away so he recovered and greeted me with a emote. I responded with the Thunderclap emote before leaping head first back to a intense final battle. I managed to execute him and survive with just a drop of health so i had no choice but to do the emote where he drops down to his knees in desperation. Both sent "good fight", truly an epic moment.

On the other side it's just as epic when you're in a teamfight on High Fort, about to execute a enemy but get impaled in the last possible second and get thrown all the way down lol.