PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Introducing Shields

Ubi-Johan
06-15-2018, 05:45 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-gb/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/shields_header_328973.jpg

Agents!

We are happy to introduce the newest feature to The Division with Update 1.8.2 - Shields! Found in the first tab of the Dossier, Shields are a group of unique commendations that reward both long term and new players for completing very specific challenges across The Division. The following four Shields will be the first available for you to earn with the launch of Update 1.8.2. Going forward, an additional Shield will become available every month for you to unlock.

Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s1jm6AKwv0

With every Shield unlocked, you will receive the following rewards:

One Audio Log
One Patch with the relevant Shield Icon
One Shield Cache

One Exotic Weapon
Two Classified Gear Set pieces
2,000 Phoenix Credits
500 D-Tech
Three Cypher Keys
The Shields and the Patches are account wide, but the reward caches will be unlocked on the character completing the Shield itself.

The rewards do not stop in The Division, as unlocking Shields grants rewards in The Division 2! As Agents collect Shields, you will be placed in a tiered system. The more Shields earned in The Division, the higher the tier you reach, the more rewards you will receive in The Division 2. A higher tier grants players more rewards:

Tier 1 - Weapon Skin
Tier 2 - Outfit and Patch
Tier 3 - Emote and Gear Dye
Tier 4 - Taunting Emote and Backpack Trophy

Shields will help you prepare for the next chapter in The Division and challenge yourself in new ways. Collect the Shields, listen to new Audio Logs, and sport new cosmetics in The Division 2!

/The Division Dev Team

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-gb/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/ubi_tctd_shields_sources_ref_540_329105.png

Ace0fBlades1996
06-16-2018, 12:04 AM
I'm assuming these shields are base game only and not dlc specific. I don't want to miss out on these items just because i didn't pay another 30 for the season pass.

Ace0fBlades1996
06-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Especially with Division 2 right around the corner i see very little point for paying for extra modes at this point. I just hope i can complete all twelve Shields without having to pay for the ability to complete them.

John_Wick117
06-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Think a few of them from the reddit data mining thread said some survivor and underground based shields were involved but please do not hold me to that since it is data mining.

Ace0fBlades1996
06-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Ok thanks

m1crobra1n
07-10-2018, 04:04 PM
When will the July shield start ? Yesterday dossier showed 3 days to go and now it shows 8 days. Like what gives ?

BigNutsXXXL
07-11-2018, 06:39 AM
When will the July shield start ? Yesterday dossier showed 3 days to go and now it shows 8 days. Like what gives ?

Noticed that too, curious to know what's doing.

kiesoto
07-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Same her logged in last night to see the new shield and was not there I was sad

JDAMIEN75
07-13-2018, 11:38 PM
I just logged in & now there is no countdown to it, but it's still locked.

RushLoongHammer
07-14-2018, 07:32 AM
When is the shield open?
I remember more than 2 weeks ago, it said 12 days and now there is no timer?

pec1468
07-14-2018, 08:27 PM

I think I heard that the timer was a mistake and it would be announced when it will arrive. I think it was on a state of the game episode.

gafasdavid
07-15-2018, 03:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWY6BI_AEq8

Ms_Salami
07-16-2018, 04:34 PM
And this https://youtu.be/cSO3nWoepRU

And this https://forums.ubi.com/search.php?searchid=4323738

I means the list goes on and on but no one at Massive cares.

H3ar7l355Jo3
07-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Some developer at Massive:

"I had this great idea in the shower, check this out. Let's create a system in the game that rewards players for doing all the stuff they have been doing for that past few years but doesn't count any of that old stuff, and makes them do it all over again so we can give them some useless nothing rewards in the next version of our crappy broken game."

Everyone else at Massive:
"WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! OMG THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!! /PROMOTION!!!!!!"

Such fail. And that running in place video... HOLY !@#$ BATMAN! I had no idea that was even a thing, of course I absolutely hate PVP especially in this game as it is all based 100% on gear and 0 skill, but I had no idea that was even a thing. So glad I quit playing this after the 1.6 patch.

I thought I would try it out at 1.8.2, still disappointed.

kiesoto
07-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Some developer at Massive

"I had this great idea in the shower, check this out. Let's create a system in the game that rewards players for doing all the stuff they have been doing for that past few years but doesn't count any of that old stuff, and makes them do it all over again so we can give them some useless nothing rewards in the next version of our crappy broken game."

Everyone else at Massive:
"WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! OMG THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!! /PROMOTION!!!!!!"

Such fail. And that running in place video... HOLY !@#$ BATMAN! I had no idea that was even a thing, of course I absolutely hate PVP especially in this game as it is all based 100% on gear and 0 skill, but I had no idea that was even a thing. So glad I quit playing this after the 1.6 patch.

I thought I would try it out at 1.8.2, still disappointed.

Why are you disappointed nothing's really changed from 1.6 it's still the same fun game they've just added more to it nothing to be disappointed about

Ms_Salami
07-19-2018, 02:39 PM
Why are you disappointed nothing's really changed from 1.6 it's still the same fun game they've just added more to it nothing to be disappointed about

added more bugs