PDA

View Full Version : Pauses and Stutters with PF FAQ

munnst
11-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi.
Any chance making this thread sticky and placing all pause / stutter issues with PF as a FAQ as I think this issue affects a lot of PF'ers.

With IL2, ILFB and IL2 AEP I had little or no pauses with excellent quality set.
I maybe got the odd stutter as new game elements loaded.
Both online and offline play was smooth even with the most busiest of maps and multiple aircraft, ground targets.

With PF everything is smooth in excellent until I approach a carrier with flack.
From that point on the game updates about every 2 seconds leading to a quite unplayable situation.

So, are there any tips or settings I can try to elliminate these pauses?

<to start the ball rolling>

Just updated my Radeon 9800 pro to 4.10 drivers. Not much effect.
Installed windows XP. Not much effect.

munnst
11-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi.
Any chance making this thread sticky and placing all pause / stutter issues with PF as a FAQ as I think this issue affects a lot of PF'ers.

With IL2, ILFB and IL2 AEP I had little or no pauses with excellent quality set.
I maybe got the odd stutter as new game elements loaded.
Both online and offline play was smooth even with the most busiest of maps and multiple aircraft, ground targets.

With PF everything is smooth in excellent until I approach a carrier with flack.
From that point on the game updates about every 2 seconds leading to a quite unplayable situation.

So, are there any tips or settings I can try to elliminate these pauses?

&lt;to start the ball rolling&gt;

Just updated my Radeon 9800 pro to 4.10 drivers. Not much effect.
Installed windows XP. Not much effect.

AFJ_Locust
11-03-2004, 08:37 AM
you have to fly in games where the map creator has disabled the flack from carriers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its the only way around it for now least for me

WIFC Warhawk
11-03-2004, 08:57 AM
You might also want to try playing in directx instead of OGL.

FB worked great for me with OGL, but my PF stutter probs went away after switching to DX. My frames in FB were about 25. I have 33 average on PF.