PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Brutes N Papal Guards

davo1270
12-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Is it me or are there barely any brutes in ACB, if you complete the game and want to roam around killing guards, it's impossible to find any brutes (as well as papal guards). The only place i can find a group of papal guards is at the entrance to the vatican, where 4 papal guards are just standing ther.

Other than those 2 dilemmas, i am happy that there are a bunch of seekers wandering around, but I really would like more brutes and papal guards.

davo1270
12-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Is it me or are there barely any brutes in ACB, if you complete the game and want to roam around killing guards, it's impossible to find any brutes (as well as papal guards). The only place i can find a group of papal guards is at the entrance to the vatican, where 4 papal guards are just standing ther.

Other than those 2 dilemmas, i am happy that there are a bunch of seekers wandering around, but I really would like more brutes and papal guards.

Blackglasswar
12-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Papal gaurds gaurding the Vatican... Where the pope lives... makes sense to me. Replay the first memory where you have the apple nd enjoy the guards there.

Jack-Reacher
12-06-2010, 02:27 AM
I agree with the TC, I barely saw any in this game. By the time I saw one at the end of the game I was like, oh thats a papal guard... and then he gets killed in one hit by a kill streak, the end.

They should have started bringing them up at like sequence 5

LightRey
12-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Yeah, they aren't really much of a challenge. Their guns are pretty annoying though.

davo1270
12-07-2010, 12:39 AM
oh and btw, i was just wondering, in the VR training, under the combat section for all weapons, if u get to a reallly high kill streak
do papal guards show up

cuz i know for one thing that seekers eventually show up after about 20 kill streaaks

SolidSnakeMat
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
oh and btw, i was just wondering, in the VR training, under the combat section for all weapons, if u get to a reallly high kill streak
do papal guards show up

cuz i know for one thing that seekers eventually show up after about 20 kill streaaks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes like at 30 I think

tyrce111
12-07-2010, 02:24 AM
The guys with a sword and a musket are SWISS GUARDS!
what's the dev diaries or the q&a videos...

EzioAssassin51
12-07-2010, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
The guys with a sword and a musket are SWISS GUARDS!
what's the dev diaries or the q&a videos... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But in-game they are called Papal Guards, proven in two contracts (probably more) where it says kill four Papal Guards in training and use one guard's weapon against him, and they are the Guards wearing black with the guns.

So much for them being hard. I did notice a slight increase in enemy difficulty but not much really...

Funnily enough, i realized yesterday that Brutes have more health than Papal Guards and I find them harder to kill than the so called perfect enemies.

I also noticed how the Devs said 'Cesare can do whatever Ezio can', yet the fight against him wasn't very hard. I was also expecting some sort of chase sequence, because they said he can do what Ezio can do, which must mean free-running right?

tyrce111
12-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Go easy on Cesare EA51...
It did take him 3 more minutes than me to get to the Apple of Eden even though he had a perfect B line...

obliviondoll
12-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Ummmm...

The Swiss Guards were hired to guard the Pope.

Papal Guard means "guard for the Pope".

Calling them Swiss Guards or Papal Guards is accurate and correct.

Neither is wrong.

DarkicoN14
12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
yeah i was fairly disapointed on the amound of papal gaurds in the city, since they look so awesome i wouldve liked to see more.

LadyGahan2010
12-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Papal guards may look awesome but other than that, since they aren't traveling in groups really, not a huge problem. And brutes, I see brutes very often, almost everywhere.
Anyone wants more agiles? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif Nothing more annoying...

LordWolv
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I completely agree. When not in a mission, just roaming about, the only Papal Guards I can find are 4 of them chatting just outside the Vatican. Sure, they're only purpose is to guard the pope, but the fact there's only 4 of them guarding the pope's actual house? It's rubbish, really. I think 90% of guards in the Vatican should be Papals, it will be alot more of a challenge and more realistic.

davo1270
12-09-2010, 02:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
I completely agree. When not in a mission, just roaming about, the only Papal Guards I can find are 4 of them chatting just outside the Vatican. Sure, they're only purpose is to guard the pope, but the fact there's only 4 of them guarding the pope's actual house? It's rubbish, really. I think 90% of guards in the Vatican should be Papals, it will be alot more of a challenge and more realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that

Crucify Lucifer
12-09-2010, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I also noticed how the Devs said 'Cesare can do whatever Ezio can', yet the fight against him wasn't very hard. I was also expecting some sort of chase sequence, because they said he can do what Ezio can do, which must mean free-running right?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say I was fairy disappointed with Cesare's character. The beginning of the game portrays him to be Ezio's equal, yet the final battle was a huge disappointment. Not to mention Cesare spent 90% of his time he ran into you screaming "ASSASSINO! GUAAAARDDSSS!"

LordWolv
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulqui4rra:
I have to say I was fairy disappointed with Cesare's character. The beginning of the game portrays him to be Ezio's equal, yet the final battle was a huge disappointment. Not to mention Cesare spent 90% of his time he ran into you screaming "ASSASSINO! GUAAAARDDSSS!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I'm sure, secretly, he was afraid of Ezio. Clearly he wouldn't stand and fight if he had another option instead of it. I think they could have made Cesare a much better character. I can't think of anyone in both ACII and ACB that were brave enough to stand up to Ezio, actually. It's a disapoitment.