PDA

View Full Version : Quick question from a returning For Honor fan

Aaronthestrong
06-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Howdy friends,
I was deep into the game for the first 6 months or so before finally giving up due to the issues-that-must-not-be-named. I've been brought back and couldn't be more happy to see the game growing from a feature standpoint and a content standpoint!

Quick question for everyone. How do "tournaments" work? When I look at some of the unlockables they say that you have to participate in tournaments to unlock. Are these tournaments what I find in Ranked or are these one-off Events?

How do the tournaments work? I would love to be able to participate but as a full time adult and single dad, I don't want to over-commit to something I don't have time for. Can you complete a tournament in one sitting or are they scheduled games at different times/dates? What is the competition like?

Thanks for the help! Glad to be back in the fog of war and couldn't be more pumped for the upcoming releases!

redcoverubi
06-14-2018, 07:19 PM
1v1 Duel Tournaments are where the ornaments and rewards are received from, generally they only yield the rewards if you place first, but rewards vary among what place you receive. Generally 1st place receive an ornament and a color I believe. Tournaments lasts 15-20 minutes (At least for me.) And have a total of 6 rounds. 3 qualifier and 3 final. But depending on how many join your tournament, all the players may qualify. Welcome back.

Aaronthestrong
06-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks! I assume there is a bit of fanfair when the tournaments happen so you don't miss them?

Jazz117Volkov
06-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Thanks! I assume there is a bit of fanfair when the tournaments happen so you don't miss them?Not so much, actually. You could definitely try reaching out to an online community, or looking over the reddit, but generally tournaments are something that go unnoticed.

Most "tournaments" held by organized groups are custom games that don't give rewards at all. In the past I've joined the proper tournament match making with a bunch of other guys to try and get into the same game. It's a bit hit and miss, but it does work.

Also, welcome back <3

Vakris_One
06-19-2018, 04:19 PM
It means those ornaments can only be unlocked by playing Ranked 1v1 Duel and winning the tournament by basically beating everyone you get matched up with after the preliminary rounds. The Season 4 and 5 ornaments are no longer available as it is a limited time thing for each Season.

It has nothing to do with the player organised or the official Ubisoft tournaments which are a different thing entirely. Those ornaments are just referring to the ranked 1v1 mode in the game.