PDA

View Full Version : Ground Padlock Question?

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 08:54 PM
When i press F5 the ground padlock triangle does'nt appear but the view still follows whatever i'm padlocking, But what happened to the triangle, It was in Ver1.0, Was it removed in the patch?, It was kinda useful for finding ground targets hidden among building & trees, On a similar note planes flying at low level have their ID's broken up or hidden by the terrain, Anyone else notice these 2 things?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 08:54 PM
When i press F5 the ground padlock triangle does'nt appear but the view still follows whatever i'm padlocking, But what happened to the triangle, It was in Ver1.0, Was it removed in the patch?, It was kinda useful for finding ground targets hidden among building & trees, On a similar note planes flying at low level have their ID's broken up or hidden by the terrain, Anyone else notice these 2 things?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Acme70, what you're discribing happens when you're using DirectX instead of OpenGL. Did you change modes after the patch? The only change I've noticed in padlock (A/A or A/G) after the patch is that padlock range is reduced from 5 km to 3 km.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm running in OpenGL...and believe it or not...i've NEVER had the triangle...weird huh? G2 MX400, updated drivers...have no clue why. -_-

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:56 PM
The visibility of the ground icon triangle depends also on the
state of the control "Toggle Icon Types"!

Toggle through 4 states on that switch, 3 of them have a
triangle for padlocked ground targets, one doesn't.

<center>
http://www.imgmag.org/images/delta9tetra/lurch-avatar.gif

</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Blottogg wrote:
- Acme70, what you're discribing happens when you're
- using DirectX instead of OpenGL. Did you change
- modes after the patch? The only change I've noticed
- in padlock (A/A or A/G) after the patch is that
- padlock range is reduced from 5 km to 3 km.
-

I've always used DirectX with FB & never had any problems with the Padlock, Air or Ground

Message Edited on 08/24/0305:32PM by Acme70