PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Odyssey: A Conundrum Solved?

ChasUGC1
06-14-2018, 08:01 AM
The main conundrum I believe most people have, and I myself had, with Assassin's Creed Odyssey, is how it can be called Assassin's Creed before Origins? I have a solution, where I believe other explanations have failed.

1. One failed explanation is that this was a some form of "Order". But, this is not before Assassin's Creed Origins. The original Templar Order was established in 12th Century A.D. with the Christian Templar's, according to Templar History. This was the Origin of the "Order" or the Templar Order. Assassin's Creed Origins came earlier around 30 B.C.

My solution: This game, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, may indeed be an Assassin's Creed Game. It may indeed be a military Order. There may even be an explanation how it uses the "Assassination Dagger". This dagger wasn't necessarily created by the Assassin's Creed Origins group. It may have even been created before Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

This Assassin's Creed Odyssey could actually be a Genesis towards Assassin's Creed Origins. In the beginning, there was Genesis. This might help to explain the "Piece Of Eden" weapon, the Spear Of Leonidas, as being a God-like weapon from the time of Genesis. Maybe this is the weapon that was wielded by one of the two Angels who helped destroy Sodom and Gomorrah(circa 2000 BC). Therefore, I believe it is more appropriate to call this game, Assassin's Creed Genesis. It is part of how Assassin's Creed Origins was generated. I guess Assassin's Creed Odyssey is also a possible title, if you think of it as a Journey towards Assassin's Creed Origins. The definition of Odyssey is an "Epic Journey". But, personally, I think Assassin's Creed Genesis is a less confusing title. Genesis came before any later group of assassin's. I believe this confirms that it can indeed be an Assassin's Creed game. Now, lets enjoy the game, when it finally comes out, whatever the title.

cawatrooper9
06-14-2018, 05:31 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head with the "Order" thing.

Origins was described to me as the "origins of the Brotherhood".

It may still seem like a strange decision to immediately go back before an origins story, but that's only if this is a story about the Brotherhood itself. If the story is about literally anything else related to Assassins Creed, I guess it makes sense.

Frag_Maniac
06-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Origins to me felt like the beginning of a creed that takes out corrupt figures of power, which obviously was later focused on Templars specifically. Whether they call this one Odyssey or Genesis as you said is a matter of perception, but I think you aren't realizing Odyssey pertains more to the time period they're focusing on, whereas "Genesis" sounds more like something from the beginning of the Christian bible. For that reason alone, Genesis sounds out of place in a game world of Greek Mythology.

As I was just saying in another thread, I'm more concerned about how the game will play, than how it is named or other such nuances like preorder structure.

briangade
06-15-2018, 02:48 PM
The narrative lead said in an interview that Alexios/Kassandra has the blood of the first civilization through Leonidas I. So I'm guessing that this sort of - kind of might be the setup for what was the templar's before they were the templar order proper.
For me it would make sense that Sparta stands for order and Athens stands for freedom and choice