PDA

View Full Version : New faction ideas

HUNTERxElitePR
06-14-2018, 12:01 AM
We all saw the wu-lin faction at E3 and as some of us were mildly dissapointed but still excited to see what they'll do in the casual and competitive sides of the game. The question is if we can give ubisoft some ideas for new future factions since they're gonna support the game long-term. So feel free to post and discuss what new factions could be added and what kinds of characters would be in them. Hopefully this gets the dev's attention so they get inspired.

kalashnjkov
06-14-2018, 04:20 AM
We all saw the wu-lin faction at E3 and as some of us were mildly dissapointed but still excited to see what they'll do in the casual and competitive sides of the game. The question is if we can give ubisoft some ideas for new future factions since they're gonna support the game long-term. So feel free to post and discuss what new factions could be added and what kinds of characters would be in them. Hopefully this gets the dev's attention so they get inspired.

Agreed, i personally think mongolian empire or golden horde is better than china wu lin because their armors look much more badass and fit the game spirit better and moreover, the mongol already fight with all main factions in real life.

bannex19
06-14-2018, 08:39 AM
I really wish they would've gone Arabic/Northen Africa. That would've really set the faction apart as unique and not a dynasty warriors hommage.

They have plenty of material to work with, look at Bayek. That dude is bad asx.

The chinese warriors could've been reduced to 2 and added to the samurai. I think the new faction is pretty disappointing

DrinkinMyStella
06-14-2018, 08:49 AM
an Egyptian faction would have been so cool and the customisation would have be nice.

Halvtand
06-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Personally I'd like the team to look outside the current world for the next faction. Wu Lin apparently has a history with the samurai so at least they're sort of connected to the world we started with, but what about the rest of the world. We know that the cataclysm didn't just happen here.

I would love to see the next faction be either from Africa or South America. We have a lot of unexplored content just sitting there, waiting for us.
Also, big no on some kind of pirate faction. Does not fit the game.

Now that I think of it a "mercenary" faction could be really cool. Bring in one fighter from 6 different cultures and say that they were somehow in the middle of the cataclysm and their societies didn't survive at all. No point in going to war (why fight over nothing?), they instead banded together and started roaming the wasteland in search for a habitable place and food. They arrive in Ashfeld (or another part of our map), finds plenty of fertile soil and just want to settle down, but everyone else keeps harassing them so they bring out their ancestor's weapons and line up to defend their claimed land.

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 03:25 PM
The chinese warriors could've been reduced to 2 and added to the samurai. I think the new faction is pretty disappointing

Putting this here from Eric because he said it better than I could

--
I still think it’s important to acknowledge the point I was trying to make though. Calling Chinese historical warriors “samurai” just isn’t a thing in any media I’m aware of. Movies for example, “samurai” is a whole genre in itself as is “Kung fu”. You wouldn’t call a Bruce Lee movie a samurai movie.

That’s the point I was trying and apparently failing to make.Also to the point about conquering the Chinese market: that would be great! There are a LOT of barriers to this with Western companies and I hope the Tencent partnership will help. But I do want people to know the Chinese warriors were planned very long ago, much before Tencent was ever in the picture. Honestly from my earliest memory of asking Roman about the “next faction” it was the Chinese because their history lends itself to more fighting styles and cool melee weaponry than any other civilization in history. The team was excited about those possibilities, as you know everything in our character designs always begins with the weapon before anything else.
--

You then also get that Japan and China have had a very troubled hsitory and no I don't think you could just have two under the Samurai command.

People keep going on about how we have two Asian factions, so just putting this out there, Japan and China are further apart than Scandanavia and mainland Europe, by the argument people are using we shouldn't have both Knights and Vikings. I can also more readily believe that, assuming the world map is the same, China didn't break away in the Cataclysm since there is a relatively narrow strip of land connecting Europe and the route into the Persion and African areas, but then I don't know what the devs think the Cataclysm did to their map, in any case it is a good thing to note that Eric said next faction not last faction. At the end of the day Chinese is what they went with and as was said in Eric's post Chinese was always going to be first, I for one have no problem with that nor would have had a problem with any other and want to see what they do with this faction, new characters in the original factions and any others because this game is going in a healthy direction.

The devs could have just pulled all resources on this game a year ago, they didn;t and they have a multi year plan, I think some of the reaction they have had, not necessarily from this thread but as a whole, has been kind of disappointing given the commitment that the devs have shown to this game and its players over the past year.

Sintax.nolife
06-14-2018, 05:49 PM
I see the difference in upcoming faction, but if they added Romans to knight faction, they could have easily added Chinese into Samurai faction. It doesn't really bother me, I am happy that they are adding new characters.

RexXZ347
06-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Not because chinese and japanese have the same small eyes doesn't mean they are of the same culture. Unlike the vikings who live in northern europe and the knights living on western europe? Wu lin are fine. They are the one of the superpower of the medieval era. So don't think chinese and japanese are of the same culture.

Israfiyl
07-08-2018, 04:24 PM
A couple of suggestions regarding a new faction That would represent the Middle East and North African region.

Suggested Weapons:
-Scimitar / Shamshir / Mameluke Sword.
https://ageofrevolution.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Marmeluke_Kerrisons-Sword_a.jpg
-Khopesh.
https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/16__16_28_23/Signature.jpgd61ec68a-675a-4e97-869f-1562329a0e9cOriginal.jpg
-Tabar / Tabarzin.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1524/1342/products/on9488__01.jpg?v=1505442469
-Urumi (but with Blades at the tips of each whip).
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42wirnFgG1rrjmgoo1_500.jpg
-Yatagan.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-khOPunxg3VU/T15ttfWiN2I/AAAAAAAADvk/ul9Vq0PwB0w/s1600/yatagan+with+scabbard.jpg

Suggested Fighters:
-An Egyptian Warrior with the Khopesh.
-An Assassin from the Islamic sect formally known as the Nizari Ismailis. (some know them as Assaseiun or Hashashin) (a link if you want a reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins )
-A Mameluke Warrior/Knight with a Scimitar/Mameluke Sword.
-A Berber Warrior (Using a Tabar/Tabarzin, Axeman maybe?).
-A Nubian Warrior (Most Likely Spearman?).
-A Turkic Warrior with a Yatagan.
-A Persian Warrior with a Shamshir (maybe dual wields, or a different sized than that of the Mameluke Warrior).
(Feel Free to add new Suggested Fighters to this small Rooster)

McHaxercid690
11-02-2018, 03:19 AM
Why not like a native American faction? That would be cool especially they have history with some of the viking faction