PDA

View Full Version : Mentors Guild Community Discussion - AC: Odyssey First Impressions

SixKeys
06-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Apologies for the delay in posting this week's community discussion topic. Hope everyone is enjoying E3!

MAKING SURE THE FANS ARE HEARD

As part of a set of new Community Initiatives, we'd like to give opportunities to the community to give more direct feedback, and will now host weekly discussion on specific topics that relate the Assassin's Creed Franchise. These community discussions will take place on the subreddit (https://old.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/), the Official Ubisoft Forums, and on the Mentors Guild Twitter (https://twitter.com/MentorsGuild). These discussions will be open for 1 week. The threads and responses will be shared directly with the Assassin's Creed Community Development team, who will then pass that info on to concerned parties within Ubisoft itself.

While the Mentors get opportunities to speak directly with the creators of Assassin’s Creed and frequently communicate with the Community Development Team, this is not the case for every fan. We want to change that. We want fans to have their voices heard directly, in the same ways the Mentors do. These activities are a step towards meeting this goal. If you want Ubisoft to see what you have to say, this is the place to do it. These discussions are meant to allow for honest and raw feedback directly from the community. The best way to ensure your voice is heard is to be constructive - be critical of the process, not the people. Be specific with your criticisms and suggest tangible solutions and improvements. We hope you participate and we hope this is a successful way of getting the fans' voices truly heard.

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC

Topic: First Impressions of Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Info: At Ubisoft's E3 2018 Press Conference, Assassin's Creed Odyssey was premiered to the world. The presentation included a trailer, as well as a gameplay demo. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is set in 431 BC, Ancient Greece, during the Peloponnesian War. Players will choose between Alexios or Kassandra, and will begin as a common Mercenary, and end the journey as a "Legendary Hero". Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the first game in the series to feature multiple-choice dialogue, as well as branching narratives, allowing player to "create their own Odyssey". Assassin's Creed Odyssey also features King Leonidas' Broken Spear, a "legendary Artifact", allowing them to access an all new Abilities system.

QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:

-What are you overall first impressions of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey?

-How do you feel about the new dialogue and splitting-narrative (choice) system?

-How do you feel about the new ability system?

-How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists? Do you like or dislike the new protagonists?

-What are your thoughts on the new weapon, King Leonidas' broken spear?

-How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed: Origins?

-What are your thoughts on The First Civ being brought into focus?

-What questions do you have about Assassin's Creed: Odyssey?

REMEMBER

The best way to ensure your voice is heard is to be constructive - be critical of the process, not the people. Be specific with your criticisms and suggest tangible solutions and improvements.

THANK YOU!

Thank you for participating in this discussion! Community feedback is very important to help construct quality games. There are no voices more important than fans'!

cawatrooper9
06-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Thanks Six!

A game set in Greece with sailing is my top most anticipated setting. I'm very excited! It does seem to go back before the founding of the Brotherhood, particularly right after a game branded as "Origins", but I'm curious to see what it will add to the series.

-How do you feel about the new dialogue and splitting-narrative (choice) system?

Personally, I think it could be an innovative idea. I've heard some of the lore justification for it, and I totally understand the problems some fans have with this- but again, I think for now, all I can really say is that at its potential worst it could be lore consistency sacrificed for stronger gameplay. Depending on how big the payoff is, I could certainly see that sacrifice being worth it.

From what I've seen, it looks like combat has a lot more to it, which is great!

-How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists? Do you like or dislike the new protagonists?
I'm a little split on this, and not because of any lore issues (I think this would be easy enough to justify with Animus logic).

It would've been nice to see a main game that commits fully to having a female protagonist. However, I'm curious how the unchosen character will fall into the story.If you play as Alexios, does Kassandra just not exist? Does Alexios die as a child if you play as Kassandra? Does the other character survive, and play heavily into the story's plot still?

I'd like to see that there's a reason we have two protagonists, other than simply being able to choose who we play as.

I like the idea of a protagonist wielding what seems likely to be a piece of Eden for most of a game's duration. Hopefully this is used to expand a lot on the lore, and isn't just a convenient tool to justify more fantastical abilities into the game.

Well I definitely hope they are a focus. Like I said, I hope they play a significant role in the story still, rather than serving as window dressing.

I think right now, I'm most curious about how the crew mechanics work.

Thanks again, Six!

Frag_Maniac
06-13-2018, 11:58 PM
It's hard to even have opinions on many of those things, especially dialog, since we don't know yet how deep it will go and whether it will have a significant impact on the history of the period. I also find it's kinda strange we have not even seen anything to do with an animus or confirmation if it's still even a thing in this game.

I can't even get a feel for whether they chose ancient Greece on their own, or were reacting to fan requests, or why since it's been requested for some time, they didn't come out with this installment before the ancient Egypt game, which they clumsily called Origins.

You would think Origins would imply the beginning of the Creed, and if so, is there even a Creed in this one? I hate to say it, but the more they milk this series, the less it's making sense. It's gotten as confusing as any dime a dozen time travel story, but at least with those you have scientific unknowns you can exploit.

Remember when AC used to be regarded as their main story driven game that had a strong correlation from one installment to the next, while Far Cry was their series that just followed a vague theme with no continuity? Well, AC has become like Far Cry now. At the toss of a hat they choose a new setting and time period with zero concern for making any sense of how it ties into the creed. One could even argue it's more discombobulated than Far Cry anymore.

AnimusLover
06-14-2018, 12:22 AM
What are you overall first impressions of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey?

I love it and can't stop watching the gameplay videos. Please tease just one more mission, I'm thirsty for more :) It's visually breathtaking, even the map is beautiful to look at and reminds me of Black Flag in that regard but with even more environmental detail and even more vibrant and varied colours. Yes, I'm sure you've probably heard the complaints about it being basically a copy and paste of Origins by now but that's not necessarily a bad thing in this instance as long as it's fun to play and improves the mechanics. The combat looks more refined, tighter and the animations are better. I am so happy you've kept the hit box style established in Origins and think it's the best combat in the series, challenging but satisfying to master. I like that there's more emphasis on parrying which was actually harder than the shield because you had to do it perfectly... so I expect to die a lot!
Also, I appreciate Odyssey for what it is - a historical game that takes place within the Assassin's Creed universe but is not necessarily an Assassin's Creed game. That works for me so long as you don't make out it's an Assassin's Creed game. Keep the title for brand recognition purposes obviously but please continue to be open about the fact that this is not the Assassin's Creed we know.

It's hard to say how I feel about the actual implementation of the dialogue system as we do not know how the animus allows for this. However, what I will say is from what I have seen from the choice system, itself, it looks promising in terms of how it handles consequences. I've already seen at least three different beginnings and endings to the Kyra quest and it seems that even when you feel you've made the right choice it can still not go your way. A good dialogue system encourages players to make choices based on our own moral values and how we feel about the characters we interact with as opposed to making decisions based on how we think the situation will turn out. Thus, if the characters are well written success and failure should not be obvious. Odyssey seems to be taking this approach so I'm hopeful. Also, the idea that if you play your cards right you can recruit certain people as part of your crew is a stroke of genius. Lastly, love the romance system!

I have to be honest, I don't understand it because I haven't really dwelved into it, I've been too distracted by the gameplay, itself!!! I like the idea that skills need to be assigned to hot keys because it's a way of making us define and own our playstyle but I'm not too sure about how ability points work. I think perhaps the devs could explain it further/better.

I love the new protagonists in terms of their personality, voice acting and face models. They are dripping with personality - even during base infiltration missions they can be heard talking out loud to themselves which is great. In context, we will have to see how the animus explains how it's possible to switch between them. Also, so glad to finally play as a female throughout the entire game but it's sad that it only comes as an option when all the other games it was mandatory to play as a man. It's almost as if to imply that being male is default and that being female is an "other". Games with female leads can be successful. Just look at Horizon Zero Dawn more recently.

The animations for it are great and it especially looks good when Alexios and Kassandra are holding it alongside their other weapon, using it to parry. Again, we'll have to see if the narrative context for it works, whether it will really dive into the Isu.

-How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed: Origins?

I have no problem with it taking place before Origins as long as you continue to market it as a spin off rather than a true Assassin's Creed game. I prefer Ancient Greece to that of Egypt because of the mythology and I think graphically and aesthetically it's an improvement over Origins in every possible way. It's absolutely stunning to look at. The sand, the water, the sea life, the buildings both interior and exterior, the leaves, the trees... This is by far and away the best looking instalment in the series. You guys have really outdone yourselves. I like all the references to the various gods - I've heard Hades and Poseidon dropped in there and hope we get to meet/fight them!!!

There's no proof of that. That's the PR line but we haven't seen that in any of the footage. Obviously, as a fan of the lore I want as much First Civ stuff as possible but whether this game will feature it as much as the devs says it will remains to be seen so can't comment.

Will the murder mysteries a la Syndicate (Dreadful Crimes) make a return? I hope so, they were the best set of side missions in years.
Also ,not a question but a suggestion: please have ambient music throughout the way you did in the earlier games. Origins did not have enough ambient music and there were long stretches without it. The music makes it more atmospheric and cinematic. Even now when I think of "A Tour of Venice" I am transported right back into ACII. Please make it happen.

Alakazou
06-14-2018, 02:49 AM
I can’t wait to try it. I was hoping for something like that. I hope that the next AC will be Rome because I like the antiquity.

Well I don’t have problem with them and I’m curious out it will work.

It seems ok

Well I don’t have problem about the choosing, but I think the female Spartiate mercenary, is to much especially in the context of ancient Greece were woman were poorly treated. So, I won’t play the girl, but woman should be playable maybe in other context outside of the antiquity.

It’s nice, it helps to bring diversity to the game.

Well I would probably have preferred the Greece under the Flavian dynasty, simply because I prefer that time, but I understand that Peloponnesian war is a better background for an AC game.

Well I think it good with the lore of AC, I mean, in AC1, many of the legend and myth of the antiquity were the result of the first civ artefact. So, it’s a good excuse to be against mythological element without disrupting the historical reconstitution.

Will we see the return of the tomb?

TaleraRis
06-14-2018, 04:38 AM

I'm intrigued by having a game set before the origin of the Brotherhood. It opens up the possibility of diving more into proto-Assassn, Templar, or First Civ lore. The graphics look great and combat against large enemies seems to allow for more variation in weapon choice. This was one of my big beefs about Origins.

How do you feel about the new dialogue and splitting-narrative (choice) system?

I do not like this at all. This seems to fly completely in the face of the Animus system, where we know everything about the character we are experiencing the life of. We are supposed to be reliving their memories. This seems to be catering to generic RPG #189032820389203 and does not fit in Assassin's Creed.

How do you feel about the new ability system?

This one I don't know too much about yet. I need to get more information on it.

How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists? Do you like or dislike the new protagonists?

I hate this, for the same reason I hate the dialogue options. We play a specific person's memories. How in the world is whether they are male or female even a question?? I also consider how something like this would be explained if it were mentioned in the additional media, such as the comics or the Encyclopedia. Is this going to become the Choose Your Own Adventure section? This is another thing that is pandering far too much to generic RPG tropes and has potential to alienate long-time fans.

What are your thoughts on the new weapon, King Leonidas' broken spear?

I'm curious if it's a Piece of Eden and what sort. It seems to may be used as a replacement for the Hidden Blade. Which I can't say I would like, if this character is intended to be a proto-Assassin of some sort.

How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed: Origins?

I'm fine with this. It offers the chance to delve into lore not related to the Brotherhood.

What are your thoughts on The First Civ being brought into focus?

I'm a bit dubious since all we've heard is some generic PR about this. I want to see something more solid. The one thing that makes me forgive the setting is the idea that we will have a chance to learn a lot more about the Isu. And in learning about the Isu, perhaps further the modern day storyline. It has been allowed to go stale since Desmond's demise.

What questions do you have about Assassin's Creed: Odyssey?

Are we going to see an expansion and progression of the modern day storyline? I enjoy playing the past characters. But the games are turning into Past Era Simulation #849048590 without the modern day storyline to give us a reason for doing it and something to quest for.

GhostAssassinLT
06-14-2018, 05:46 AM
If Ubisoft would drop Assassin's Creed from the name and release it as a new IP I'm fine with it, because I feel it has nothing to do with the first eleven games of the series.

If Ubisoft would drop Assassin's Creed from the name and release it as a new IP I'm fine with it, because I feel it has nothing to do with the first eleven games of the series.

It's borderline as far as an Assassin's Creed game goes. I feel they are loosing touch with the older games and turning it into a new IP.

-How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists?
As others have mentioned it's straying too far from the "reliving the memories of the ancestors". As a new IP I'm fine with it, as an Assassin's Creed game, bull poop...

-Do you like or dislike the new protagonists?
As a new IP I'm fine with it, as an Assassin's Creed game, bull poop...

-What are your thoughts on the new weapon, King Leonidas broken spear?
Well, the Hidden Blade has to evolve from something, so why not...

-How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed Origins?
I'm fine with ancient Greece. If Assassin's Creed Origins was supposed to be about the beginning of the assassin's order it's really weird that we now have a game preceeding that part.

It might explain the wierd situation of having a game taking place before the origins of the Assassin's Creed, so far though I haven't seen anything related to The First Civ in any of the videos I've watched..

Will night time still be as bright as the day or will it actually be dark(er)? Assassin's Creed Origins was a joke in this regard... Night time should be dark and force you to use a torch to light up your surroundings, but also give away your location to the enemies making it much harder to do night time missions.

Kiroku
06-14-2018, 11:03 AM
-What are you overall first impressions of Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

Really excited for the game. Even if it plays before the actual assassins maybe its a good opportunity to show how templars were created and how the Isu have influenced that. Graphics and world design with the high amount of detail is of course super stunning!

-How do you feel about the new dialogue and splitting-narrative system?

I like the idea because I always thought about an AC game going into the RPG direction to maximize its potential. With such a huge world and settings why not make use of it? But the explanation how this can be managed with the animus when we literally change history by different choises has to be a good one and at least make somewhat sense.

I didnt see much about it yet but what I saw was promising! The fact that the player can choose where he wants to invest points first makes him focusing on his personal playstyle. For me I would go for stealth instantly and I really hope that the stealthy gameplay will be more rewarding than in origins. Comparing the time needed for someone rushing through a camp slaying everyone in seconds to someone going a stealthy way and trying to clear it without being seen is a huge difference. And by taking more time and thinking about a strategy a stealth player should get better rewards regarding exp for example when taking more than double the time to clear it.

I like the idea and explanation that by having two ancestors with identical DNA makes sense to me. Even if I would still go for the male protagonist its a nice feature for female players to be able to identify themselves more with the character they play.

Since its a PoE I like the mystery around it and I really hope we get an explanation what exactly it is and maybe what the ISU created it for. Being able to use it makes me feel we will be a bit overpowered but its a good replacement for the hidden blade. Which doesnt mean I dont want the hidden blade to come back in the future games!

-How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed Origins?

Ancient Greece gives me almost the same feeling when playing AC: Black Flag. The mediterranean flair with such beautiful isles and the ocean looks so beautiful I cant even wait anymore to play it and get lost in it.. The fact its taking place before Origins is totally fine for me as already mentioned above because its a good opportunity to tell the story about the origin of the templars and how the ISU are involved to this. Maybe we will see the first hidden blade?

I love it! Finally after so many years of waiting I can hope for an AC game that brings back the mysterious first civ and playable quality modern day.. I played every AC game so far and the most greatest aspect of it was the whole mystery about the ISU and the artifacts.. For me it makes the game more than just playing back in time at a specific historical time period but also connected to something bigger with a sci-fi flair. Its a perfect combination and there is nothing better than having theories about the whole lore of a game that we can share with other players.

-What questions do you have about Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

Will it have hood toggle on/off without going into menu for more immersion?

Playable modern day with more quality and mysticism than origins?

Can we farm recources and upgrade and customize our ship?

Are we able to own an island or base or house and renovate that too like our ship?

How can we get money in the game? I spammed the button to sell every non legendary item

Will we be able to be a cold mercenary without emotions regarding the dialogue options? (Thinking about Achilles from the movie Troy)

briangade
06-16-2018, 10:08 PM

Looked really awesome. The start of the E3 demo gave me heavy Black Flag vibes and I loved that game. Mikonos looked absolutely stunning but Ubisoft worlds always looks really good. After watching the demo I was more hyped for an AC game than I've been in a long time.

How do you feel about the new dialogue and splitting-narrative (choice) system?

I'm at heart an RPG guy so I am really looking forward to see how deep it goes.

How do you feel about the new ability system?

I'm at heart an RPG guy and I'm fully behind the idea of making AC into a pure RPG. I hope this system gets fleshed out even more further down the line.

How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists? Do you like or dislike the new protagonists?

I think it's a good idea. I like both protagonists well enough but Kassandra is my clear favorite and I hope we get an fully fleshed out character creator in future games.

What are your thoughts on the new weapon, King Leonidas' broken spear?

I guess it explains the protagonists special abilities so ok I guess..

How do you feel about the setting? What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed: Origins?

Love it. The only two setting I would like more would be ancient Rome and feudal Japan.

What are your thoughts on The First Civ being brought into focus?

Depending on how it's implemented it could be really interesting and if we are not playing as an assassin we need something to tie the game to the franchise, and first civ could be an interesting way to do that.

MnemonicSyntax
06-17-2018, 03:38 AM
I hate this, for the same reason I hate the dialogue options. We play a specific person's memories. How in the world is whether they are male or female even a question?? I also consider how something like this would be explained if it were mentioned in the additional media, such as the comics or the Encyclopedia. Is this going to become the Choose Your Own Adventure section? This is another thing that is pandering far too much to generic RPG tropes and has potential to alienate long-time fans.

Apparently there are two viable DNA samples, and you select one.

Well, the Hidden Blade has to evolve from something, so why not...

This is a problem I have with most "fans" of the series in that they don't even know the lore or the proper timeline themselves. They complain it has no relation to Assassin's Creed but it absolutely does.

The hidden blade is already been around and already used by Darius. It doesn't evolve from the spear.

joshoolhorst
06-17-2018, 04:01 AM
Looks like a fun game but not Assassin's Creed far from the AC trade mark even.

Not good because of the Animus I play history I don't make it and also it never effected anything in the first 10 years of the franchise but maybe it will be fun I understand changes need to be made after 11 years but please don't listen to people like IGN who like the idea behind dialoge choices when they have shown multiple times they don't care about the lore it's immersion breaking for the game,

Interested but I need to see more.

From a lore point I hate it but from a gameplay point it interests me and I don't have a problem with (they will be dropped in the next game so I won't be invested) it I just hope the voice acting improves but I only have seen a little bit so I won't criticism... YET.

I like the idea we are playing around with a Piece of Eden but I prefer the hidden blade the spear reminds me of something from Shadow of Mordor.

Weird I don't see a reason for a Origin story if the next game takes place before the Origin of the Brotherhood and it makes me again feel like I wasted my time ooh well they kept Layla around and I'm interested in the setting but I rather focus on era's that aren't well known keeps things more fresh.

LIKE! After years we get some First Civ again and maybe it will help to give proper answers to the dialoge choices hell maybe even some good boss fights so more people get invested in the First Civ.

In what form will the MD be done? AC1 style, AC2 or Brotherhood style it's already confirmed that Layla will return in the upcoming game.
Will we see reverences to other Assassin's in the world?

kissybyc
06-19-2018, 04:29 AM
Visually beautiful but not mind-blowing coming from Origins. I noticed better cutscenes and writing immediately, which is a big bonus since I consider those to be Origin's biggest weakness.
I did notice however that it seems to have less parkour, which is disappointing. Unity's parkour was the best, and parkour is a big reason why I buy AC games.
Overall it doesn't convince me to pre-order but I will be watching this game closely.

I quite like how it was handled during the demo. Nothing turns me away from Origins like those cheap over-the-shoulder camera angles where two characters stand stiff still and give information to each other. Meaningful dialogue and good cutscenes are what will save this franchise. Although from what I heard, 30 hrs of dialogue is way too short for a giant open world game like this. Witcher 3 for example has 300 hrs of dialogue recorded. (Of course not all of that are meaningful dialogues - many are ambient dialogues - but still that's a big difference).
Still I think the game is going in the right direction by amplifying the storytelling aspect.

-How do you feel about choosing between two protagonists?
It's nice to have the option, and I'm sure whatever lore problem it presents will be addressed. I do wonder though, what happens to the other one that I did not choose? Will both Alexios and Kassandra get a sequel? If not, I may not be very invested in them.

The idea of wielding a first civ artifact is very interesting. I wish that it actually carries narrative weight in the game. How did we get our hands on it? What does it mean in the AC universe? How does it impact the narrative? I'd be very disappointed if the spear is only there to justify some supernatural gimmicks in gameplay.
Many people say that without the hidden blade it's not Assassin's Creed. I'm willing to give AC:OD the benefit of doubt here. Perhaps the spear will be made into a hidden blade? whoknows.

Sounds fascinating, if it is done well. I personally actually care about the AC lore, so I'm hoping for a lot of expansion of the lore here, such as what's the relationship between humans and first civ people.

Will there be legendary missions, like the five assassin tombs from AC2? Those are always a blast to play through.
And last but certainly not the least ----- Can PC please get adjustable walk/run speed with the mouse wheel?

EzioLia2390
06-19-2018, 07:46 AM

It's not Assassins Creed. Stop trying to be an rpg like the witcher. AC1 and the ezio trilogy worked great as open world action adventure games. This is what assassins creed is. Take notes from Ghosts of Tsushima. That is what an AC game should look like, and I'm not even talking about the setting like how every other fan wants.

It makes no sense for this franchise. You want to make a rpg game like this then take the Assassins Creed name off the box and stop stealing money from those who truly care about the franchise.

Still wondering why social stealth is not an ability tree. Oh wait that's right. This is not Assassins Creed. BTW way to make a game set in ancient Greece and not give any option to equip a shield and shield abilities. AC always had historical accuracy at least.

Again makes no sense for this franchise. Though I said you are trying too hard to be the witcher, you forgot one thing. People who play those games have an investment with that character. Constantly changing the main protagonist is making your company look stupid. You think God of war would be as popular if they replaced Kratos after the first game. Bayek and the man who played him were the best protagonist since Ezio and you threw him to the trash. There's a reason we still compare every Assassin to Ezio. He is the only one we actually spent time with. Plus the voice acting is clearly lacking with your narrative choices and multiple protagonists. Fix those face animations for them because it makes it even worse.

Poor excuse to relate to the lore and sad replacement for the hidden blade. Again if this was the weapon you decided on, why no shield with it. You can wield the mighty broken spear of leaonidas. You just can't use it in combat like he did with it in one hand and a shield in another. I thought your game was all about choice?

Ancient Greece is an amazing setting for an AC game. Too bad that's not what this game is. Oh and a game coming out after the origins story game but before the Origins story game took place. Why? Should have given the fans a proper Bayek sequel and show him expand the brotherhood.

What first civ? You mean your made up POE and minotaurs? How about giving us Juno again. Oh wait that's for the comics.

-What questions do you have about Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

Who thought this was a good idea? You spit in the face of the fans who played this franchise the past decade.

rockfede5
06-19-2018, 08:06 PM
My Honest and impartial opinion on ACOD
I see the community divided with different wishes/feelings about the new game, so after thinking and watching videos of the gameplay I came to a personal opinion.
-First the things I like:
•The set and the graphic look stunning and beautiful, Greece and Its landscape the sea the cities all full of colors and life
•I studied philosophy in the secondary school so the gameplay in which the player meet socrates give me hype, converse and philosophize with him was like talking to Leonardo da Vinci about art in AC2, maybe it's possible to meet even Plato and I wish we see te birth of the concept of democracy and the political live in the Poleis
•The naval gameplay is better than origins thanks god! And its look fun
•Combact system is the same of origins but more fluid and refined so good (it's weird you can't use a shield when basically all Greek soldiers has one...)
•Layla returns in modern day
-Things I dislike
•You can't unlock all your abilieties in one play and this is annoying
•Dialogue Choiches and different outcomes
So this is the point of the division of the community.
I see some dialogue options are related to npc in side quest or with objects to understand more deeply the context and this is ok, it's like the murder investigations in Ac Unity/Syndacate in which you can ask extra informations.
But i think that dialogue choices in main history are very break immersive, because the scene stops and it's the same as block a movie and of course there is the contradictions with animus.
My wish is that dialogue choices are an experiment in this game and don't be the standard for the Next ac games.
Of course my opinion is based on gameplay of E3 and not the full games (so the whole games is still necessay to make a final judgment)

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 09:48 PM
100% Excited. Love Greece & the Sparta theme.

Open to some change I can't wait to try it esp. if it offers better replay value & variety.

Saw a Video, LOVE these - seems like more of them are more useful.
I'm not a bow & arrow person but I like that you have only one & the arrows are ability-specific. Hoping for Poison - had so much fun w/ it in Origins. (& saw a wolf that was tamed... looks excellent)
I like the way the entire tree is structured incl. the general abilities across the bottom.
Recruiting 4 ship looks fun. I loved gathering recruits in Brotherhood.
Bullrush & Sparta kick are must haves :D I'll be using so many of them

I'd rather have choice than forced to take the female as Lead.
I still prefer male Protags & have little interest in females being added but am not opposed either. Evie was a perfect model w/ a balance of strength & likability.
Hate the robotic, super woman females with no personality, flaws, vulnerability or warmth.
I plan to play the male first, then a 2nd play-thru w/ her plus make a few different decisions in the game to see how it changes the story

I watched combat with it, LOVE LOVE IT. I'm preferring it over the hidden blade that's more limited.
This seems much more interesting & the wider range of abilities with it are fantastic - like that it lights up too, makes it seem more magical/important. If it didn't have the Civ. relic part attached to it, I might not be as supportive of it replacing the blade.

-How do you feel about the setting?
Love it! Excited. My 3 favorite locations were [ancient] Egypt, England & Greece. (Rome was another but Ezio covered that) <3
I have zero complaints.

What are your thoughts on it taking place before Assassin's Creed: Origins?
I'm fine with it, just very surprised - I expected a 2nd Bayek game set somewhere near Egypt

When I played ACII after Brotherhood, I found that to be really mysterious & kool but completely confusing w/ the whole Juno thing? (never played AC1). Alot of us are dying to have mystery brought back into AC too.

So - I'm just as happy w/out it, but if you decide to appease AC 'purists' who know every single thing about it, either go "all in" and commit to putting out a meaningful, understandable 1st Civ, or don't bother at all becuz you won't help either type of fan.
I don't grasp it even as an older AC fan so, newer players won't get it or care unless it's really carefully put together, help them to understand the past content & make it interesting. Not just tossed in there as a token to appease discontent early fans.
Then - maybe even decide to end it right there & give it a proper finale' - Tie it all up with a HUGE reveal that explains everything & be done with it? (If devs aren't wanting to continue the Civ content anymore).

darklion2043
06-20-2018, 09:54 PM

Honesty I didn't wait an AC game for this year. It looks like AC: Origins. That is true for me. Hope it is beautiful as AC: Origins and give a delicious taste like AC: Brotherhood after AC 2.
AC Games changed their shells year by year. For me last 4 games only names were AC but changed them for new fans. I saw these. For me(I played that games 2008) I never turn my back on an AC game easily. But new fans want new things. These situations aren't totally true or wrong for me. On the contrary I mostly like these new times. And probably I like AC: Odysses too.

This is my most inconvenience issue at this game. In my opinion that means changing history and also against AC story. I can't say 'That is a good progress for AC future.'

Better than Origins. Also more enjoyable with spartan kick and second wind abilities. Upgrading abilities are so good too.

First times I felt inconvenience this situation too. But 'two samples' idea changed my thought and I say 'why not?'. Also I choose male hereos and this choice is good for me. Probably many friends like female heroes and this choice is good for them too for me.

Darius used hidden blade first in the Story of AC. And this is understandable why not we see hidden blade at this game. Also we are going to play a Spartan and King Leonidas' broken spear is more mystic and a new experience for all of us. But this broken spear idea may inspire from Shadow of Mordor's broken sword which used by Talion in assasinations.

Ancient Greece is a good time period for AC. I hope I see first Assassins(Rebellions-Adam and Eve) at First Civ timeline and finish our story with best way.

More focusing them and a bit speed up at our AC story.

Marios_Gate7
06-21-2018, 12:44 AM
I will not answer the questions 1 by 1 sorry for that but i will answer them in the following text:
Hello and first of all thank you for releasing a title set in ancient Greece.. As i come from Greece im honoured for this and all greeks im sure will support this game 100% .. But i noticed some things that didnt like.The athenians hopefully appear historical accurate but why spartans look like gladiators with no shields and no corinthian helmets??? If you could please fix that and also the 2 armies of athens and sparta fight with hoplite phalanx as a single unit and not 1v1 fights,but our character can fight as he wants it would be more realistic and the game will be even more worth.. Im not talking about the main characters, just the soldiers that appear ingame could be more historical accurate if the spartans had shields and corinthian helmets like the athenians cause they look really fake.. If you need any help with the models you can check Rome II Total War and copy some spartan units from there or feel free to contact me and i will gladly help you providing you with historical info and pictures on how spartans really looked like that period. Please fix the spartans they look like the movie 300 its a shame .. I hope you listen me and take my advise... Im still surprised about the title and all Greeks but if you fix that tiny problem this game will be the best Assassins Creed title,just dont be lazy and make this game worth the money and believe me you wont regret it if you change it. All greeks from age 9-35 will buy this game for sure..Also i would like to mention some other things i noticed. The map is perfect but you cut a bit from Epirus and put sea instead of land i dont understand the reason.. Another thing is that in the Peloponnesian war many greek city states took part not only athens and sparta. Spartas biggest ally was korinthos and they also controlled all the region of Peloponnese including Argos and athens biggest ally was korkyra but half of greek city states were allies of spartans and other half allies of athenians. You could include some of these city states as factions but most important and first priority should be to fix the unit models of spartans cause they appear like gladiators with no shields or naked from the movie 300 is awful.. And a last thing is to fix the nature a bit. In the region of Laconia and in the island of Crete it is more wild nature,not many trees,just many mountains near the sea with rocks and in some places dark-red rocks and instead of the random plants that appear you should include more olive trees that produce oil .Laconia and Crete have the best oil in greece and all over the world. At last why you release 5 different expensive versions and not 2 or 3? 1 with full game 2 with full game and dlcs and 3 full game dlcs and extra the figures.. its so simple. most people think negative about this game but i still hope in fixes. If you listen to me you wont regret it i promish. I live in Piraeus port in Athens and i come from a village near Gytheion the port of Sparta. Im a big fan of historical accurate games and this game can reach that and become like AC:1 that took place in the holy lands and holy wars with historical characters etc.. It will attract even more people that didnt even play a single AC title. Thanks for your attention i hope you saw my case and answer me soon that you will consider my thoughts .. Thanks again for releasing such a game im grateful and honoured 😄

I_DID_NAHHT
06-21-2018, 05:49 AM

The world looks beautiful and I'm excited to explore it to the fullest, but I have a couple talking points:

1. The animations don't really look fluid at all. From the running, to the combat, to climbing, and even to talking...there isn't much fluidity to it. I can understand that this was probably just material put together for E3, but that is our first impression of the game and from now until the release, I am gonna be concerned about the overall fluidity because of my first impressions. I pray that this is cleaned up and polished, because to me, choppy and rough gameplay and presentation is a back breaker.

2. I love Assassin's Creed and am very much looking forward to a continuation of the games in this manner. The changes to the combat and overall structure of the game were a breath of VERY fresh air and I look forward to playing it...so long as point #1 is addressed ;)

As long as the dialogue options have a purpose, I am supportive. It feels good to be able to construct a character around you, but as stated below, I want to have the character fleshed out fully regardless of what choices I make. In short, I don't want this addition yo be a cheap gimmick, I want it to have purpose.

It is fine. It is much less confusing than ACO at first glance, and cool that it is broken into three separate and clearly defined categories.

I'm sure that I will grow to like them. Bayek felt very fleshed out and honestly more human and relatable than many of the assassins. Given the ability to basically choose the course of the protagonist, I hope that the overall character arc is fleshed out.

I'm excited to learn more about it. Having played all AC games from the first, it was a little jarring at first, but if they can give it proper detailing and a reason to be there, I'm down.

I love Ancient Greece and any sort of location associated with mythology. As far as it taking place before Origins, I'm fine with is, ESPECIALLY since there's another certain organization that needs to be given an origin story ;)

Interesting, though I have to be honest as a Christian, when the First Civ is introduced, I always worry that there will be blasphemous stuff brought up or stated. It happened in AC2, I believe, and so I have always been a little concerned that something will directly contradict my belief system. But overall, it is interesting.

1. Will the animations be made more fluid and less...harsh?
2. To what extent will Greek mythology factor into the story or overall game?
3. Can you confirm or deny that this is a part of a trilogy? ;b

ninja4hire10
06-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Obviously I haven't played it, what with being on the opposite coast where E3 was taking place and whatnot, so going strictly on what I've seen, I like it. Visually, it's very Origins-esque, but that's to be expected--and that's a good thing. Ancient Greece is the perfect setting and I'm more amped to explore it than Egypt, although that was great in its own right.

I dig the idea of choosing your protag; the explanation of why we get to choose is a little flimsy, though. I plan on "being" Kassandra, for what it's worth.

I'll have to wait and see as far as the dialogue choice mechanic goes, but hey, it adds a different element to gameplay and ups the game's replay value, so I'm in. And in regards to the new Ability system, all my eggs will be divided among the Hunter and Assassin skill trees, as I plan on playing the stealth game, just as I did in Origins. I'm VERY happy that Naval returns, too.

And the Spear? As long as it doesn't end up being the spammy one-kill-does-the-job type of thing, I think it's fine, but if at all possible I'll use in sparingly.

I knew a return to the First Civ and inclusion of more MD would come along at some point, seeing as how this game (to me) serves as a kind of Origins Reboot Part 2.

In summary: Manohmanohman, am I looking forward to October 5th.