PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den June 14th

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 07:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T86vL2o4MCw

Ok so next Den is a long one, apparently they filmed for hours. Given they filmed it last week, don't expect any questions E3 raised to be answered unless they anticipated them.

I am expecting someone to come in today or tomorrow to mess around with my internet which means I may not have internet at the time the stream takes place. This along with that it is a long Den with a lot of news, I am going to watch the Den and put the notes together to put up in one go the way I do on weekends.

Bear in mind there are also special twitch drops for this Den, if your account is linked to twitch it is worth logging in and going there.

E3 special with a side of Marching Fire we have \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Pre-recorded show, they wanted to do a show because there is so much to talk about.

Going to show us the conception and design of two of the Wu Lin fighters with the art team, Steffan and Roman will wlak us through playstyle and movesets fo them.

They will go through Breach.

Starter edition on Uplay is free until Monday.

They showed us the Marching Fire announcement at E3.

And as if by magic we are on the Den set.

All of last year was to improve quality of life, but on the side they have had teams working on things like this new faction and game.

The Marching Fire update will be the biggest and most impactful for the franchise update they have released in For Honor.

There are other things that will happen this summer that they are not going into detail yet, this is not just wait until October.

Breach is the new mode coming with the game, for obvious reasons they weren't going to call it Siege. Breach is going to be free to all players, all matchmake content is always given free to everyone, true for all other improvements such as graphical enhancements.

They have another part that is premium content, this is the four fighters of the Wu Lin. Once the early access period of two weeks is over the heroes will be unlockable with steel.There is also PVE content that will be revealed in summer.

They went over the free week, the game is free for keeps. Other versions of the game, regular PC and console editions, are 75% off.

Meet the Wu Lin.

The Wu Lin comes from China, apparently it means Circle of Martial Artists. The Cataclysm plunged China into civil war but they are still one faction, attack one and you have the whole lot coming from you.

They feel that the first characters coming are strong archetypes of Chinese martial arts.

When they create a fighter they start woth the weapon, the reason they went with China was because there is such a large diversity of weapons and martial arts.

At the beginning they have an idea of the type of character they want and with Tiandi they definitely wanted to go with a fully geared fighter. Tiandi is a fighter that stands beside kings and emperors and needs to stand out on the battlefield which is shown in how ornate his armour is. Knights might want to look away here, Tiandi has P L U M E S. Tiandi is a non genderlocked character.

Shaolin they very much looked into what they could find in terms of photographs and concept art, there was a definite evolution from the early sketches to the finished product. They have gone with design that has a definite eye towards backstory such as Shaolin's having the prayers of his monastery tattooed into his skin. The tattoos actually do have meaning in Chinese, they got an expert this time so as to avoid a repeat of the incident of having a Japanese bar sign saying It's Raining Girls...well that is a certain type of bar perhaps.

I have to say for alpha states, these guys look very cool.

They showed us some examples of the visual overhaul coming in October. They say it isn't a bigger texture or more demanding in terms of cpu or gpu, they just got better at what they do.

They did a gameplay demonstration and style description on two of the new characters. Tiandi is supposed to embody elegance and grace. They have a side dodge heavy that looks just awesome and it can be cancelled into another dodge. The dodge attacks are chain starters for their two attack chains (light light, light heavy, heavy heavy). They can chain palm attacks and kicks into their chains. The kick does not give any guaranteed damage, but it is a good isolating move, obviously ledges and wallsplats are a thing. Tiandi does not have a tremendously long move list but it is powerful and accessible.

Shaolin has a much longer movelist, the weapon is about mastery, it is a simple weapon with a lot of mindgame potential. Shaolin;s bread and butter is qi stance which comes after any hit except finishers, this stance gives him a good deal of moves. A kick from qi can be followed by a light, sweep or top heavy, it also has counter attack lights from any direction, so crushing counter strike but it has strict timing. He also has a deflect. He has an undodgeable side dodge heavy.

They will likely talk about the other two heroes later this summer.

Breach

The goal with breach was to fulfil the castle siege medieval fantasy, it was something they have always wanted to get in there, they have been working on it for a long time though (possibly earlier than) all the requests being made for it. They were after a mode that had real team play, strategy and need of team composition.

The mode breaks down into three phases two of which have two subphases throughout which the attackers have a limited number of tickets. The attacking team need to accompany and defend the ram to each of two gates, meanwhile the defenders have ramparts with archers which the attackers, at the same time as pushing the ram, will need to try and deal with. The defenders also have a boiling cauldron, ballista and such.

Inside one gate there is a guardian that is NEUTRAL and a bonus goes to the team that kills him.

Inside the last gate is the sovereign, AI isn't that complex but they do huge damage (I saw 100 top heavy damage on one video).

The minions will actually protect the players, if you kill someone in the minions the person reviving them is going to need to deal with that too.

The length of the gamemode can be 20-30 minutes and will have higher rewards than dominion.

They had a walkthrough showing us the main points. There are three archer points in the second phase, once the ballista has cleared both gates the only way to win is to bring the opposition team's ticket count to zero at which point they are breaking.

And that is a wrap

E-Chevy
06-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Eh? Recorded last week? Then why does it say "Live in 3 hours"? Is it a live stream or just a stream of a video that was pre-recorded? If it's the latter, then why bother streaming it at all? Just upload it to YouTube as a regular video?

#confused

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 01:37 PM
They recorded it last week because they were going to E3. I kind of agree they could just put it up as a video but they have the twitch drops so they will likely be streaming it for that.

Vakris_One
06-14-2018, 03:31 PM
I have a question for the next live Den they do.

Since the graphics will be getting overhauled in the Marching Fire update does this mean the minimum system requirements to run the game will go up and thus require us to upgrade our hardware?

Kamen42
06-14-2018, 03:40 PM

Since the graphics will be getting overhauled in the Marching Fire update does this mean the minimum system requirements to run the game will go up and thus require us to upgrade our hardware?

That is a good question. My current graphic card does fine, but I am afraid it won't handle the update. I don't want to upgrade just yet. I want to wait for the next series cards.

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 03:41 PM

Added to my last set of questions for next time they announce a Q&A and something I am interested in also given I just bought a 800 laptop for this game and can't upgrade components.

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Den recap is up

I bolded this in the recap, but figured would answer it here also, the art team claims the graphical enhancements come with no extra gpu or cpu demands.

Kamen42
06-14-2018, 06:25 PM

So, based on what was mentioned in the Warriors den - the update should NOT mean any significant increase in performance demand. You should be fine with the hardware you have now.

Vakris_One
06-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Ah cool, they pre-empted the question. Ok so they've basically just optimised their stuff so it's more efficient and that allowed them to make the "shinies" "shiny-er" with no extra hit to the CPU/GPU strain. Awesome.

Thanks for the recap Candle. You da bomb.

SpaceJim12
06-15-2018, 09:46 AM
From what I see, the new characters will be...too much.
Look at Shaolin. He have all best moves from old roster. Dodge heavy, special stance, counter attack on light, a lot of feints, kicks. I like it from the side of play as Shaolin, but fight against him on old character? The new Chinese Fantastic Four just can't be compared with old roster in my opinion. I just hope, that devs will rework all others. And I speak not about buffs or nerfs, but just add all new tricks and mechanics for old roster. Why Kensei can't cancel his dodge attack? Why Warden can't have all sides CC? If reworks will not happend, I'm affraid we will see Chinese wars (Dynasty Warriors?) in For Honor after 16th of October. Cause this new guys have too much to offer.

Knight_Raime
06-16-2018, 06:06 PM
I know it's late Candle but could you add 2 questions to the que of questions for future Dens?

1) Are the devs aware of the buffered attack issue where it makes attacks slower than they should be? If so are they planning on fixing it?

2) It's my understanding that attacks were forced into 100ms increments to make time snap work. Now that it's gone are you planning on adding varied ms timings to attacks in the future? (example making an attack 525ms)

CandleInTheDark
06-16-2018, 06:08 PM
I'll add them to the last list I have up for the next time they announce one. I might also start a new questions section in my writeups for the rep to pass on as well.

Knight_Raime
06-16-2018, 06:27 PM
I'll add them to the last list I have up for the next time they announce one. I might also start a new questions section in my writeups for the rep to pass on as well.

Thanks <3

UbiJurassic
06-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Ah cool, they pre-empted the question. Ok so they've basically just optimised their stuff so it's more efficient and that allowed them to make the "shinies" "shiny-er" with no extra hit to the CPU/GPU strain. Awesome.

Thanks for the recap Candle. You da bomb.

Exactly as you said, with time came a better mastery of the engine being used to develop the game and the team was able to make quality of life enhancements that had negligible impact on system resources.

PDXGorechild
06-20-2018, 12:35 PM
What was the obvious reason for which they didn't call it "Siege"?

CandleInTheDark
06-20-2018, 04:00 PM
What was the obvious reason for which they didn't call it "Siege"?

There is another Ubisoft title called Siege

Soldier_of_Dawn
06-21-2018, 07:13 AM
Question for the next den coming:

Could we have at least three more customisation loadout slots for the content that continues to increase over time?

PDXGorechild
06-21-2018, 08:50 AM
There is another Ubisoft title called Siege

I was unaware. Thanks for clearing that up :p

Protos_88
06-21-2018, 04:31 PM
im sure on s7 70% players leave the game

SpaceJim12
06-21-2018, 04:38 PM
im sure on s7 70% players leave the game

Because?..

Protos_88