PDA

View Full Version : Zeros? P-51's? Where can I get mine? :)

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
I don't come here as often as before (since I heard the major expansion was pushed back to next year). However, when I do check from time to time, I keep reading posts where people are discussing their fights with Zeros and other planes which are not available in the FB version I'm running! I've also seen mentions of a "pacific map"

Where can I get these planes and maps? Is this part of a beta test, or are these final, freely-available versions?

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
I don't come here as often as before (since I heard the major expansion was pushed back to next year). However, when I do check from time to time, I keep reading posts where people are discussing their fights with Zeros and other planes which are not available in the FB version I'm running! I've also seen mentions of a "pacific map"

Where can I get these planes and maps? Is this part of a beta test, or are these final, freely-available versions?

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 03:34 PM
There both in the latest patch available on this site but they're so secret they're not mentionable even in the readme?

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 04:17 PM
What version do you have?

any way bro, all you have to do is down load the RC01(15mb) and RC02(about 70mb).

To install:

open the RC01 first, you should see only one file. drag and drop this file into your FB main folder. thats it for RC01.

for RC02. Extract all file and folders to a new folder. name that folder RC02. you should see about 7 files and 4 folders. Note there are two sound files(mg_sng_.dll); you only need one of them. but try each one and see wich one is better.

now, drag and drop one of the mg_snd.dll into the FB main folder. it wil ask if you want to replace the older version, click yes. do the same for the other files. open the Paintchemes folder and you should see the Skins folder. in it are 4 skins the A6M5a, B_17G, P-11 and P-51D5NT. then open the Paintschemes folder in your main FB folder. drag and drp yoour new skins into the Skins folder.

any way, i think you get the idea now lol.

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Ahhhhhh - very cool. Nice of them to mention this!!! I'll have to try this out tonight.

Thanks a million!

Stupid question: the B-17 is NOT flyable, is it? (that would be hoping too much, I think).