PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 CE PS4 Aiming/looking Deadzone needs to be fixed PLEASE!!!

Jay_K_337
06-13-2018, 11:42 AM
I normally would not complain about little glitches, bugs and stuff like that. But the DEADZONE in Far Cry 3 is so bad, i can't even free aim. I move joystick halfway and NOTHING HAPPENS ON SCREEN!!!
Please Ubisoft Far Cry 3 is my favorite game of all time. We all don't deserve to experience the game like this.

TheKingMarcin
06-14-2018, 03:45 PM
I agree. I really want to play this game, but it's just not fun at all in it's current state. Aiming, for me at least, is very hard. I have complained about this on Twitter already, where Ubisoft Support acknowledged the issue, but so far there were no updates to the game (and I'm checking almost daily). If the developers really think that playing with this huge deadzone is a better way to experience the game, then at please least make it optional. Considering that this change probably only requires changing a few lines in a config file, the fix should have been out a long time ago.

Of course you could just continue to ignore the issue, but this kind of thing makes me not want to pay for your games before they are released an thoroughly reviewed. After having a great time with Assassins Creed: Origins just a few days after release I decided to buy the Season Pass for Far Cry 5 mainly to get access to Far Cry 3 earlier. "This is an old game, I thought, what could go wrong?"

Another thing is the UI in Far Cry 3. All on-screen elements that are displayed during gameplay are much to close to the center of the screen, completely ignoring the display area setting of the PS4.

Here's an image to illustrate what I mean:

https://marcin.madhacker.biz/shared/gjATec30qboZPcfCdf7TdV2gWwP1tg88/FarCry3ClassicEdition_20180530021411.JPG

Please fix this too, since these elements are more distracting than they should be and they take away some of the immersion when playing the game.

I know that this can be done, since Far Cry 5 doesn't have any of these issues.

thom_n1980
06-25-2018, 04:41 PM
Seems to have been fixed with recent patch:

Version 1.01
-Fixed the dead zone issue by fine tuning the controls