PDA

View Full Version : 60 fps on console???

PizzelMaster
06-13-2018, 02:58 AM
I have heard that it is not possible for 60 fps on console but i never got a reason why, may someone in the comments enlighten me?

Camemberto
06-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Hardware restrictions. The Console just isn't powerful enough to render effectively twice as fast.

DrinkinMyStella
06-13-2018, 08:59 AM
it has been confirmed it will never happen. Maybe there is too much going on in the game for 60fps im not sure. Maybe a ubi mod can clarify why?

Jrock42_
06-13-2018, 07:48 PM
Hardware restrictions. The Console just isn't powerful enough to render effectively twice as fast.

That's not exactly true. There several games that run at a native 60 fps on PS4 (not talking about PS4 pro.) For honor running at 30 was a design choice

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 07:54 PM
The architecture of the game has the simulation running clientside not serverside (at least this is how the tech guys explained it to Eric when he answered this question some time ago on reddit), it is why servers also won't allow them to become an 8v8 game. My guess is that at the very least the non pro versions of xbox and ps4 couldn't handle the simulation at 60 fps without the server taking the load.

I'd also point out that there are things that add more input lag than the FPS difference that are within a player's hands, running through a router and wireless controllers each add around 50ms, the tv can add 150ms, especially a high end tv not running on game mode (and I am assuming cheaper tvs). This compared to 33ms at most (and not even all the time, depends when the last frame passed) for lower FPS.

Knight_Raime
06-13-2018, 08:16 PM
That's not exactly true. There several games that run at a native 60 fps on PS4 (not talking about PS4 pro.) For honor running at 30 was a design choice

Just because the console is capable of doing 60fps for some games doesn't mean it's possible to do it on all games. The current way for honor has things structured and handled based on client/server side makes it impossible on xbox one/ps4. It's likely possible for them to do it on the pro and x but that would prevent those consoles from playing with the base ones.

I'd imagine if they drastically changed how things are handled they might be able to pull it off. But the pay off for it really isn't worth it. 60fps doesn't give you double the time to react to something. You have roughly the same time window on pc. You just see the attack in better detail. That doesn't mean you'll instantly block/parry everything easily either.