PDA

View Full Version : To all the samurai switching factions.

Sneakly20
06-13-2018, 01:50 AM
Go for it :) then watch us samurai never get defeated again in the faction war. Or at least make it a fair fight between us and the Vikings 😂

Xil_h
06-13-2018, 08:50 AM
How do you know they are switching?

ChampionRuby50g
06-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Itís not a stretch to imagine many Chinese players joined the Samurai faction as it is the only Asian faction in the game (at this point in time), as they wanted to show their allegiance that way. Now their own country and culture is been represented, many will undoubtedly switch.

Halvtand
06-13-2018, 10:27 AM
So basically "If you switch we will lose"? What you're missing is that if these people are willing to jump to another factio they don't really care about faction loyalty so I think your argument will fall on deaf ears.

ArmoredChocobo
06-13-2018, 11:31 AM
So basically "If you switch we will lose"? What you're missing is that if these people are willing to jump to another factio they don't really care about faction loyalty so I think your argument will fall on deaf ears.

No.

If they switch, Samurai will start winning wars cuz theyíll get bigger deployment bonuses for having smaller numbers.

Halvtand
06-13-2018, 01:23 PM
No.
If they switch, Samurai will start winning wars cuz they’ll get bigger deployment bonuses for having smaller numbers.

Oh, my bad :) Anyway, I don't think it'll matter that much.

SangLong524
06-13-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm not Chinese and I'm a samurai. Truly in the beginning, it was either knight (for their pretty shiny armors) or the fabulous samurai with their sharpsies. I don't remember why I picked samurais anymore but I have been samurai till now. I'm not switching just because there's a Chinese faction coming.
I wonder how the four way faction war will be.
Anyway, I be glad we might get rid of a portion of our population. Not that I care much for 3 lousy crates, now if they reward steel instead..........

Vakris_One
06-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Personally I'm looking forward to a lot of people migrating to the Wu Lin and making it the biggest populated faction. This way the Samurai can finally step away from under the overzealous led weight negative asset crap they get for being the biggest faction. Ubi hasn't deigned it worthy to balance this mechanic better so the next best thing is to pass this poisoned chalice on to the Wu Lin and start having a monumentally easier time of winning the faction war.

Kryltic
06-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Wu Lin will win the faction war even when they become the largest faction and Vikings will be second.

Meanwhile the Samurai will still be holding last place as strongly as ever.

Why? Because the faction war bonus will finally be lost/altered to make it "fair" on the more popular factions. Just in time for the new faction and the Samurai becoming the smallest faction.

Not that I'm cynical or anything haha

Vakris_One
06-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Wu Lin will win the faction war even when they become the largest faction and Vikings will be second.

Meanwhile the Samurai will still be holding last place as strongly as ever.

Why? Because the faction war bonus will finally be lost/altered to make it "fair" on the more popular factions. Just in time for the new faction and the Samurai becoming the smallest faction.

Not that I'm cynical or anything haha
Seems legit to be honest. That's right up Bio's alley, screw the Samurai at all costs.

wolfman25br
06-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Samurai since day one. I Wont change faction, but theres is nothing to do with winning chances.

I simply Couldnt care less about war of factions.

It was a good idea but failed to make me care about, The execution was poor,the rewards, the evolution on each campaing, wont affect in anyway the imersion and gameplay.

So I remain with the samurai facction .

SpaceJim12
06-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Personally I'm looking forward to a lot of people migrating to the Wu Lin and making it the biggest populated faction. This way the Samurai can finally step away from under the overzealous led weight negative asset crap they get for being the biggest faction. Ubi hasn't deigned it worthy to balance this mechanic better so the next best thing is to pass this poisoned chalice on to the Wu Lin and start having a monumentally easier time of winning the faction war.

Ah, where could we find loyalty this days?
I mean, after 5 seasons full of disappointments, I still stay with the knights.

Vakris_One
06-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Ah, where could we find loyalty this days?
I mean, after 5 seasons full of disappointments, I still stay with the knights.
I'm staying with Samurai not because of the faction war but because I still like them the best. I'm just hoping we Samurai finally get a reprieve from being shafted just because we have the most players.

SpaceJim12
06-13-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm staying with Samurai not because of the faction war but because I still like them the best. I'm just hoping we Samurai finally get a reprieve from being shafted just because we have the most players.

You know, I still hope devs will rework all faction war system before releasing 4th faction.
With siege mode we could hope for even siege matches across the map with faction lock pick. I would like to siege Chinese castle with 4 lawbringers or wardens.=)

Helnekromancer
06-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Still debating whether to leave the Samurai or not, been a Noble Nobushi since Beta, and it sucks that the only thing I can show for it in a coin emblem.

But I'm a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors so I welcome China with open arms, Once I finish off getting Nobushi to Rep 50 nothing else interests me in the Samurai roster.

So If I'm going to be playing mainly Shaolin and Jiang Jun once October hits I might as well rep the faction too.

Faction War still feels random as ever seeing as how you have to go on threads and discord to plan anything out because in game there's 0 teamwork shown.

When it comes down to it we're Team Asia, or The East. Even if both don't work together I would love to see a winner that is not Vikings every season and mini event.

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Still debating whether to leave the Samurai or not, been a Noble Nobushi since Beta, and it sucks that the only thing I can show for it in a coin emblem.

But I'm a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors so I welcome China with open arms, Once I finish off getting Nobushi to Rep 50 nothing else interests me in the Samurai roster.

So If I'm going to be playing mainly Shaolin and Jiang Jun once October hits I might as well rep the faction too.

Faction War still feels random as ever seeing as how you have to go on threads and discord to plan anything out because in game there's 0 teamwork shown.

When it comes down to it we're Team Asia, or The East. Even if both don't work together I would love to see a winner that is not Vikings every season and mini event.

I am kind of faction hopping after being annoyed with the whole volcano mess (it isn't about winning or not it's about seeing the waste of an opportunity), went Vikings this season because I was set on repping Valkyrie and because I have moved on to repping a lot of Samurai I will be with them next season regardless of what happens this one. But like you I have a lot of time in Dynasty Warriors, what we have seen and heard I already plan to get all four to reps seven or eight and maybe one of them being my rep 50 grind, so I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords ;)

Sintax.nolife
06-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Once samurai, always samurai :D But f#ck I like Knights crest

High-Horse
06-13-2018, 08:50 PM
It might depend on the shield emblem shape, but I joined and stayed Samurai as a Berserker main for a few reasons. I like the style, aesthetics, the rain, isn't a Vultcano or horde of neckbeards.

I might switch to Wu Lin. Doesn't make much difference to me except for the class, and Shaolin's technical style has my name all over it.

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 09:11 PM
It might depend on the shield emblem shape, but I joined and stayed Samurai as a Berserker main for a few reasons. I like the style, aesthetics, the rain, isn't a Vultcano or horde of neckbeards.

I might switch to Wu Lin. Doesn't make much difference to me except for the class, and Shaolin's technical style has my name all over it.

The Marching Fire page on the For Honor site and this art apparently commissioned by Ubisoft suggest the emblem is hexagonal or octagonal but that is a pure guess on my part just to be clear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8qt7lz/marching_fire_commissioned_by_ubisoft/

AbstinentTiodo
06-13-2018, 10:06 PM
I pre-ordered for Honor with the season pass. My friends and myself chose Samurai from the get go because we thought it was going to be the least favorite of the three factions. I've stayed Samurai through all of the losses. I think we only one what was it season 2?

AkenoKobayashi
06-16-2018, 11:03 PM
I've suggested this before. Once the Vikings get enough people that they start losing their bonus, they'll start to cry "Broken system!" like I have since S5. When they dev team's baby faction starts crying, that's when we'll see changes.

ChampionRuby50g
06-16-2018, 11:41 PM
I've suggested this before. Once the Vikings get enough people that they start losing their bonus, they'll start to cry "Broken system!" like I have since S5. When they dev team's baby faction starts crying, that's when we'll see changes.

Well Iím a Viking through and through, we didnít win the last campaign as Samurai took it.... so obviously the system is cheating us Vikings and itís broken because we are so superior and should have won a clean sweep season again! Broken system for sure.

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 11:55 PM
Well Iím a Viking through and through, we didnít win the last campaign as Samurai took it.... so obviously the system is cheating us Vikings and itís broken because we are so superior and should have won a clean sweep season again! Broken system for sure.
You guys just weren't playing as much is all. Both Iceland and Austrailia had their World Cup matches today so the Vikes were otherwise occupied :)

Vikings will win this Season too no problem. The way things are they would have to willingly throw the game on purpose in order to lose.

ChampionRuby50g
06-17-2018, 12:10 AM
You guys just weren't playing as much is all. Both Iceland and Austrailia had their World Cup matches today so the Vikes were otherwise occupied :)

Vikings will win this Season too no problem. The way things are they would have to willingly throw the game on purpose in order to lose.

While I played all day due to double XP, I had to put the controller down to watch Aus play against France. Iím pretty happy with the outcome even though we lost, France is a superior team and us Aussies only just made it past the qualifiers, so I thought the boys showed great determination and gave it a good shot.

But yeah, I can still see us taking this season as no real changes have been made to the Faction war in the bonus side of things. And you mean throw the game like Morocco and Iran? Because I heard plenty of rumours that game was rigged, and an own goal in the 90th minute is very suspicious.

Faction war confirmed rigged through 2018 World Cup.

AkenoKobayashi
06-17-2018, 01:16 AM

Are you unaware of how Ubisoft handles things? There is always going to be one round that isn't won by the dominant faction. It's always been either 3/1/1 or 4/1/0. Never 1/2/3 or anything like that. Look at the patterns and you'll realize it too. Only once has there been a 2/2/1.

ChampionRuby50g
06-17-2018, 01:33 AM
Are you unaware of how Ubisoft handles things? There is always going to be one round that isn't won by the dominant faction. It's always been either 3/1/1 or 4/1/0. Never 1/2/3 or anything like that. Look at the patterns and you'll realize it too. Only once has there been a 2/2/1.

I know sarcasm and a joking tone can be hard to interpret over words on a screen... but come on, clearly was joking. I understand the war just fine.

AkenoKobayashi
06-18-2018, 12:01 AM
I know sarcasm and a joking tone can be hard to interpret over words on a screen... but come on, clearly was joking. I understand the war just fine.

Sorry, but there are Vikings who out there who honestly think the system is fine. It's hard to know who is aware of the problems and who is just plain ignorant. I'm telling you all now, if the balance shifted in favor of the Samurai, or even the Knights if they ever got off of their volcano, then the Vikings would start parroting my claims. Then Ubisoft would "look into it". I'd rather they just turn the mechanic off.

To answer "Why I care so much?" it's because the Faction War is literally the heart of the For Honor game. Ubisoft, the Faction War as a whole, and the player base is an organism that needs each organ to function properly in order to live as long as it can. If there were ANY other games that were similar to For Honor with it's usage of Samurai, then I'd be playing that over this game. But until Ghosts of Tsushima comes out, I'm stuck with For Honor and a constant 3/2/0 or 4/1/0 Vikings screen.