PDA

View Full Version : Able to disable HUD elements?

C-Pick
06-12-2018, 11:27 PM
As an Assassin's Creed fan and as a fan of open-world action-RPGs, I would greatly appreciate it if Assassin's Creed: Odyssey gives me the option to disable as many of the on-screen HUD elements as possible.

For example, I can't stand seeing damage numbers popping up every time I strike an enemy with a weapon (or shoot a ship with arrows at sea). Stuff like that just diminishes immersion in the world. When I'm fighting other characters, I just wanna see the blood and animations--nothing more.

Another thing I'd love to disable during my playthrough is those very ugly-looking colored weapon trails. I guess some people might enjoy seeing red, blue, or yellow streaks trailing behind weapons whenever they swing them during combat, but these are extremely unsightly to me and make the game seem way sillier than it should be. The ability to just turn those off would be wonderful.

I hope requests like this make it to the dev team. Thanks!

NapoleonYu
06-13-2018, 02:54 AM
HUD customization pls.
HUD customization pls.
HUD customization pls.
It should have been solved in Origins.

Locopells
06-13-2018, 05:37 PM
I can't say for sure about weapon effects, but the damage counter numbers could be disabled from launch in Origins, so it should be fine for Odyssey.

C-Pick
06-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I'm hopeful about being able to disable damage numbers, level numbers, life bars, etc., but gosh, I just can't stand those colored weapon trails. I'd love to be able to play without seeing those. :/

Mynameisshhhhh7
06-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Same!

GiantRainbow
10-16-2018, 02:10 AM
please add option for disabling weapon trails and character adrenaline glow

AnthonySonny
10-16-2018, 02:40 AM
You can basically disable everything by choosing 'Disabled' in HUD option. Weapons trail will still be shown no matter what, I'm unsure about the adrenaline glow tho.

Rithrius
10-16-2018, 04:55 AM
Have you guys even looked at the options menu before commenting here? You can literally disable everything from a tab in the options menu called "HUD"

As for weapon trails, not sure why anyone would be bothered by those.

AnthonySonny
10-16-2018, 05:22 AM
The first posts were posted in June before the release of the game.

PADDYWAK
10-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Yes ... please give us more options to turn HUD items and effects off individually.

jackstarr0
10-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Ok, so all cards on the table. This is my first proper Assassins Creed game; I bought the first AC game back in the day, but found it too repetitive and gave up after a couple hours of play. About a week before Odyssey came out, I bought and started Origins; when I saw the direction the series was taking it was an immediate buy from me. I'm a fan of the single player Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, and Witcher 3....that's where I'm coming from.

For me, it's all about immersion. I appreciate that technically we're in the animus, but I like to feel as though I'm in Greece, immersing myself in the world and being a part of it.

I don't power-game, for me it's all about the experience. I don't like being overtly reminded that I'm playing a game. I'd like to use poison, etc. but brightly glowing weapon trails just look too video-gamey to me, so I don't even bother...and it annoys me when enemies do the same,. An option just to tone things down would be great. I appreciate there's a balance to be made, though, for gameplay reasons...but (and I say this coming from series which allow me to customise things to the extent of modding) the ability to tweak things further to my own preference would be great.

The current HUD customizability is very much appreciated, but even more customization options would be fantastic.

Have you guys even looked at the options menu before commenting here? You can literally disable everything from a tab in the options menu called "HUD".

Yes, and the current options are used and very much appreciated. But disabling everything isn't the answer for me, due to the game mechanics for misc timed quests (the text hints for actual side quests don't apply to timed & message-board quests, and there's no other way to self-navigate).

The thing that really annoys me though: I really don't like the fact that the objective marker floats on screen at all times.

I'd like to have the ability to disable the floating objective marker and have an option for it to be on the compass only. This is possible in Skyrim - I can use the compass to navigate to the objective, and disable the floating markers completely.

Sometimes I like to go into complete exploration mode though - I'd also like to have the ability to disable individual elements on the compass...I like to discover question marks on my own through discovery...and there seems to be no way to disable these individual elements on the compass.

A moddable Assassins Creed RPG would be the holy grail for me, but if we're not getting that, then additional customization options would help refine things to me liking, keeping me playing longer, and allowing multiple playthroughs with different options and different gameplay experiences.

DaelosTheCat
10-16-2018, 01:07 PM
More options for HUD are a must. The more things people can enable \ disable individually - the better. Current presets just don't cut it.

ClintBeastwood.
11-07-2018, 05:37 PM
If you're on PC you can use this mod to toggle those effects off:

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/mods/5

Sef1n
11-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Have you guys even looked at the options menu before commenting here? You can literally disable everything from a tab in the options menu called "HUD"

Those options are not complete. They
Added more options than Origins but failed to deliver as well.

You still cant disable everything except for crosshair. + odyysey made it worse when you disable full GUI. In Origins with this option you still had GUI in photo mode. Odyssey shuts it down even in photo mode.

As for weapons trail.. AC fan would understand that playing historical game you dont really want to some colorful crap trail pouring from your weapon.

I find it annoying as hell.

But since this is not AC game anymore, all we can do is to accept it for what it is (fantasy MMO in offline mode) or stop playing.