PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ubisoft...

saikki79
06-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Finally it came true,you created playable female character which is absolutely amazing!
I can`t wait until i get this game in my hands.Keep up the good work!

DryYourFursuit
06-12-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm extremely excited for October as well! Really interested to see how they'll integrate this game into the overarching lore of the series!

briangade
06-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Yeah the game looks good to me, I'm cool with choosing the gender of the player character but I always choose to play as a female in RPG's.
It looks like a lot of the hardcore fans are pretty pissed at the direction the game takes, and I get why many of them feels like that.
But I'm fully on board with what I've seen so far, that being said I'm not an AC hardcore super fan, my 2 favorites is still AC 2 and brotherhood followed by Unity. I really liked Black Flag but not as an AC game but as pirated fun times adventure time.

Tartaluxos
06-12-2018, 03:14 PM
I totally agree about this thread !
Thanks a lot Ubi/people who makes this game and all these features happens ! You rock, all of you.
I'm quite excited about all you showed to us, and WOW...Kassandra !! To my mind she is the prettiest girl I've ever seen in video game industrie (sorry Aya from the previous AC, Lara Croft and Bayonetta, my eyes are fully dedicated to Kassandra now haha).
The choices you've made UBI is wonderfull : place and time, mythological references and RPG oriented style.
It's an amazing thing to fully play with a female character and letting players choose the gender they like.
You've picked the right place and just my favourite things into ONE game (RPG progression, choices, playable female char', anthic grece and all this stuff)

Can't wait to get my hands on this game !

Tartaluxos
06-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Oh and thank you too about making something entirely refreshing and not an 1XXXX9 copy of previous AC games.
I'm glad to see that there is finally (or maybe not) an hidden blade but something brand new and inovating. Glad to see that there is new features and 2 charismatic playable characters. And glad to see an entire rework of the franchise !
I didn't expected that much of an AC game and seeing one new episode so fast. Thanks !
Keep going on this way UBI !

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Yeah the game looks good to me, I'm cool with choosing the gender of the player character but I always choose to play as a female in RPG's.
It looks like a lot of the hardcore fans are pretty pissed at the direction the game takes, and I get why many of them feels like that.
But I'm fully on board with what I've seen so far, that being said I'm not an AC hardcore super fan, my 2 favorites is still AC 2 and brotherhood followed by Unity. I really liked Black Flag but not as an AC game but as pirated fun times adventure time.

I consider myself a hardcore fan and I'm stoked about this.

AC is more than just hoods, hidden blades and the like. It's also about precursor races, artifacts and modern day. This game is supposed to touch base on those more, which is something I've been wanting more of since 3/Black Flag/Unity/Syndicate (various aspects across the board, this game seems like it will fill in the gaps nicely).

So thanks Ubi!

Ubi-Boat
06-12-2018, 08:09 PM
I am really excited to play as Kassandra, personally. The little bit of gameplay footage from yesterday that featured her looked really amazing.

I'll be sure to pass along all of your feedback and excitement on being able to play as her to the team!

Alekero
06-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Hello!
I am a very devoted fan of antiquity and when Origins came out i was like "OMG ITS AWESOME" xD Despite the cool graphics and gameplay i very liked history and authentic world. And when i heard rumours about one of my favourite history period (Ancient Greece) at first I didn't believe. And then at E3 i was happy AF xD Bought an Ultimate Edition and cant wait to play!
I wanna to say thanks, for all work you done for Assassin's Creed, for letting me be a part of virtual history and specially for letting me play as Spartan warrior (oh god im so obsessed with ancient greek's, roman's helmets) with own ship and crew. You making my childhood's dream come true! Thanks!

Ubi-Boat
06-12-2018, 09:42 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're excited for Odyssey, Alekero! Thanks for sharing your feedback and kind words with us here, and thank you for all of your support. I hope you enjoy discovering everything that Ancient Greece has in store for you upon Odyssey's release!

Lysette88
06-13-2018, 12:25 AM
I support this as well, I am very excited about this game and that I can finally play with a beautiful but as well strong female character - and I love that there are conversation options, which adds more flavor to cut scenes. That the artwork is just stunning and the game play seems to be the best of all AC games combined into one, is even more promising - I loved what the team has done with Syndicate, my favorite AC game, and I am pretty sure they did a great job with this one as well - I am so looking forward to it.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-13-2018, 02:28 AM
YO WHAT IS THIS? LOL!!!

AC ORIGINS 2.0
AC ORIGINS: SPARTA DRAGON
AC ORIGINS: 300 OUT OF HELL
ASSASSINS 300
AC ORIGINS 3RD EXPANSION CANCELED AND MADE INTO A FULL GAME
AC ORIGINS PRE - PREQUEL

OK, enough of that. I and a lot of other long time real fans of the series have all been fearing this dreaded day. It has finally come brothers, the death of assassins creed.10(or 11) years down the drain! One of the greatest and unique stories/series in the history of gaming has been officially tossed out the window because of greed. The templars(casuals) have officially won! Lets break down the downfall of our favorite series shall we.

1. First it was the modern day(THE MAIN PLOT OF THE SERIES)
They slowly pushed it aside in order to milk the series. This was triggered by all the casuals blindly tossing money at ubisoft and the casuals who just jumped on the AC hype train.

2. They started to slowly drift away from what made AC........AC
The animus portion of the game is almost as important as the modern day/real world portion. They have built up amazing lore around the assassins. Especially the way they handle business. The INFAMOUS hood started to be used less and less. They started forgetting about important things like EAGLE VISION. Correct me if I'm wrong(it's been awhile), but isn't Desmond's bloodline special? Like I thought only they had eagle vision lol. Now all the randoms have it as well smh. They moved away from the "brotherhood" little by little and started to focus on individual assassins stories that really had no effect on the actual plot.

Like I, and other "core fans" have said many times. This is starting to not even look/feel like assassins creed anymore. But their was always enough of it there to keep us coming back. But not this time, this game has finally crossed that thinning line. This game(ODYSSEY) is exactly what I said AC was gonna turn into, AC WITHOUT A SOUL. It's just about a random character in a popular/important random time in history with a story, killing people. It's the casuals wet dream finally come true, F*** the plot!!! Never mind the fact that this "new" game is literally just a reskin of origins with a few things moved around and tweeked. THEY DONE GOT RID OF THE ALL MIGHTY HIDDEN BLADE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! No hood, no brotherhood, no actual assassins, the lore is out the window, and the plot/modern day has come to a complete stop. WOW!!!! This game honestly could have been done in an expansion. Actually this would have been perfect for an expansion for origins. Don't feel like explaining this but if you already know this games set up. Then you can easily see where I'm going with this. I begged ubisoft to make a real and final assassins creed game for us core fans that would push the plot and end it all. Then go ahead and make 50 million yearly random soulless games with the name assassins creed attached to it. Rush them out and fill them with loot boxes and put tons of overpriced cool cut content behind a pay wall for all we care. That would make everybody happy.

I'm gonna need all of you AC4 haters("IT'S A PIRATE GAME, NOT AN ASSASSINS GAME") to keep that same energy with this one. "IT'S A PIRATE GAME, NOT AN ASSASSINS GAME" would actually 100% apply to this game. Ubisoft still hasn't learned smh. Please skip this game or wait 6 months after it bombs and get it for 1/2 the price(if you must get it).

(I'M NOT TALKING TO THE AC4 TEAM, YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL M.V.P's. Y'ALL SEEM TO BE THE ONLY ONES WHO STILL CARE)

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 03:30 AM
YO WHAT IS THIS? LOL!!!

AC ORIGINS 2.0
AC ORIGINS: SPARTA DRAGON
AC ORIGINS: 300 OUT OF HELL
ASSASSINS 300
AC ORIGINS 3RD EXPANSION CANCELED AND MADE INTO A FULL GAME
AC ORIGINS PRE - PREQUEL

OK, enough of that. I and a lot of other long time real fans of the series have all been fearing this dreaded day. It has finally come brothers, the death of assassins creed.10(or 11) years down the drain! One of the greatest and unique stories/series in the history of gaming has been officially tossed out the window because of greed. The templars(casuals) have officially won! Lets break down the downfall of our favorite series shall we.

"Real fans" are also pleased with the direction this story is going, and I'll counter your points to show why.

1. First it was the modern day(THE MAIN PLOT OF THE SERIES)
They slowly pushed it aside in order to milk the series. This was triggered by all the casuals blindly tossing money at ubisoft and the casuals who just jumped on the AC hype train.

Then great news! Modern Day is coming back and apparently it's in a big way. There's going to be more discussion of Pieces of Eden, and the Isu as well.

2. They started to slowly drift away from what made AC........AC
The animus portion of the game is almost as important as the modern day/real world portion. They have built up amazing lore around the assassins. Especially the way they handle business. The INFAMOUS hood started to be used less and less.

The hood is in every single game, including Odyssey.

They started forgetting about important things like EAGLE VISION. Correct me if I'm wrong(it's been awhile), but isn't Desmond's bloodline special? Like I thought only they had eagle vision lol. Now all the randoms have it as well smh.

No. C'mon true fan, you don't know this one? Eagle Vision is a by product of the interbreeding between humans and the Isu. Not everyone has it, but if you have precursor DNA (that dates back many millennia before even Altair's time) then you have Eagle Vision.

In Odyssey, the heroes are both referred to as "Eagle-bearer" and there is dialog that Zeus granted the eagle to them. Zeus is also Tinia, and Jupiter, one of the three "gods" that are the Isu and make up the Capitoline Triad.

They moved away from the "brotherhood" little by little and started to focus on individual assassins stories that really had no effect on the actual plot.

For the whole Assassin's versus Templars, they did not. Every single game up to Origins had a "Brotherhood." And Origins had their own in the DLC. Odyssey doesn't necessarily have a Brotherhood as it takes place centuries before Bayek's time, but the proto-Templars that were in Egypt, the Order of the Ancients, existed long before Bayek's time. This game might see their origins. In addition, the first recorded use of the hidden blade is by Darius and that event took place *before* Odyssey does, so there's something of a movement starting, and there's talk this is more of a "Templar" origin story.

Like I, and other "core fans" have said many times. This is starting to not even look/feel like assassins creed anymore. But their was always enough of it there to keep us coming back. But not this time, this game has finally crossed that thinning line.

"Core fans" is subjective. There are also fans who are more dedicated and more hardcore than you are, and even Ubisoft's Star Player members who are pumped about this game. Assassin's Creed is more than just hidden blades and hoods and a Brotherhood. It's also the precursor race and the artifacts, that have been avoided mostly for some time now.

This game(ODYSSEY) is exactly what I said AC was gonna turn into, AC WITHOUT A SOUL. It's just about a random character in a popular/important random time in history with a story, killing people.

C'mon true fan! You must realize as a true fan that the Pieces of Eden existed long before any Brotherhood was considered. That the Isu actually existed around this time period, right? In addition, these characters are not random. They are carry precursor DNA in them, just like Desmond.

It's the casuals wet dream finally come true, F*** the plot!!! Never mind the fact that this "new" game is literally just a reskin of origins with a few things moved around and tweeked.

There is a plot. It's continuing Layla's storyline in the modern day and the focus is on that.

And it's not a reskin. The game was created alongside Origins and has been worked on for the past three years.

THEY DONE GOT RID OF THE ALL MIGHTY HIDDEN BLADE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

No hidden blade to speak of that may be used, but again Darius is listed as the first recorded user of the hidden blade. There are other ways to assassinate people though.

No hood,

There is a hood. It's an optional head piece you can wear instead of a helmet.

no brotherhood, no actual assassins,

There isn't a "Brotherhood" or "Assassins" but there is something of a "brotherhood" and there are "assassins." Note the lowercase improper usage.

the lore is out the window, and the plot/modern day has come to a complete stop.

Modern day is again, the main focus here, returning to Layla. Layla is the reason we're going on *this* adventure because she finds a book during the time period.

WOW!!!! This game honestly could have been done in an expansion.

Uh... no. It's not like Brotherhood that was an afterthought, it was created alongside Origins as a separate game.

Actually this would have been perfect for an expansion for origins. Don't feel like explaining this but if you already know this games set up. Then you can easily see where I'm going with this. I begged ubisoft to make a real and final assassins creed game for us core fans that would push the plot and end it all.

Not really. You haven't been going anywhere with your preconceived notions and frankly incorrect and false information.

And stop using "core fans." You are if anything, a "rainy day fan." Come around to complain when things don't go your way and you don't ever seem to communicate in a positive manner. It's just complaint after complaint with incorrect facts.

Then go ahead and make 50 million yearly random soulless games with the name assassins creed attached to it. Rush them out and fill them with loot boxes and put tons of overpriced cool cut content behind a pay wall for all we care. That would make everybody happy.

Oh boy, here we go again. The "paywall" that doesn't exist because none of it is a requirement to finish the game.

And while I don't know for sure on this one, but in gameplay videos I've watched, I haven't seen a single instance of a store anywhere in this one.

I'm gonna need all of you AC4 haters("IT'S A PIRATE GAME, NOT AN ASSASSINS GAME") to keep that same energy with this one. "IT'S A PIRATE GAME, NOT AN ASSASSINS GAME" would actually 100% apply to this game. Ubisoft still hasn't learned smh. Please skip this game or wait 6 months after it bombs and get it for 1/2 the price(if you must get it).

(I'M NOT TALKING TO THE AC4 TEAM, YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL M.V.P's. Y'ALL SEEM TO BE THE ONLY ONES WHO STILL CARE)

Both Pantheon editions on PS4 and XBox One are sold out. I think people are thrilled about this one, even us "casuals" who seem to know more about the lore and the games than you do. ;)

Maybe next time, instead of coming to the forum to rant, do some research. Have a wait and see attitude. And if you still don't like the outcome, come to the forum and state your issues in a respectful manner that shows that you care, instead of coming across like an angry child. State your frustrations as suggested improvements, not hate-filled rants filled with false information. Do some research.

timpbader
06-13-2018, 05:12 AM
Maybe they will do the right thing, delay it and fix it.

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Maybe they will do the right thing, delay it and fix it.

You keep spamming this. What needs fixing exactly?

Erathiel
06-13-2018, 07:47 AM
Wanted to say thanks a lot Ubisoft for make this game and that you listened to fans and allow us to choose gender. I'm really excited and can't wait to play as Kassandra.
You did a great job by choose ancient Greece for next game can't wait to see the beautiful world full of mythological references and aspects. Oh, and I really like that you add options in conversation to help us to connect more deeply with the character we play.
Keep doing the good work and make AC even better that Origin or Odyssey. Thanks!

Bro-Satan
06-13-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm support this Game and this Franchise so hard because i love the Setting of Odyssey and the settings in the Games before !!!

I've been studying History all my life specially the ancient World periods and i'm really, Really excitet how much Details and Stories you will show us in Odyssey.
Last year I persuaded my Mother to buy Assassin's Creed Origins because such a kind of game also brings her relaxation and she loved exploring the ancient Egypt but now with Greece she will probably never stop playing because she loves this Country which is also full of History and stories.

For me i can say i'm one of your biggest supporters and defenders of this Brand and the Company a loyal Custommer since over 17 Years on all Platforms ( offen twice )

What i realy hope is that you Ubisoft do this Time an awesome job on quality management or in other words that we this time dont need twenty Patches or more.

My biggest Wish and that of all i know is that you bring back a Hideout / Safehouse in Odyssey or with a Map this size Hiedouts / Safehouses of all kind. Maybe we can personalize them build them up from ground or own them after finishing Missions i have a lot of great ideas for that !!!! From stealing a rich bad guy his Villa to build ap a own Hideout for fellas and friends .That for real was missing in Origins these Assassin offices were just bad and i hoped so much for a Hideout like in Unity; Balck Flag or AC 3 and was very dissapointed at the end of the Game.

So excited what you bring for us in Odyssey and my hopes are in more Finish-quality and possibilities ( Clothing, Hideouts, Crafting, Choices and so on )

Bro-Satan
06-17-2018, 06:46 PM
I know that I repeat myself but here once again my opinion to which I wrote in another discussion and which contains other suggestions..

I'm curious how Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be. I am very pleased with the location of the game because of the time period there are many opportunities for missions and also breathtaking landscapes to explore.

I think it's great that you can probably personalize the equipment again and I really hope that you get back buildable and manageable hideouts. You're supposed to be a mercenary, so it would be great if you could buy business that would bring money, equipment, and benefits.
And I and all those who I know really want to have a hideout again, which serves as a kind of home, which you can build from nothing to beautiful with accompanying missions.
For example, an island that is acquired in the course of the missions and constantly builds and peopled with allies. These then bring life and benefits to the island and at some point you have a piece of paradise for which it is worth fighting and where you like to come back again and again. In a game of this size, it is even possible to make several hideouts of different kinds, from the misterious hidden hideout in the mountain to the city villa in Athens.
In Origins I was really missing that you had no Hideout as in Black Flag, AC 3 or Unity, But this game offers so many possibilities!

I hope very much that this time Ubisoft succeeds in perfecting the final quality of the game, so we do not need twenty patches again, which cause more problems than fix them.

And my hopes are that there will be more interiors with more variety this time, and for the sake of Zeus, there will be more conversations for the NPCs.
I'm a bit skeptical about how Ubisoft wants to do the implementation with the different answer options and how it fits into an Assassin's Creed game, but I do not prejudge that before I play the game myself, because there are ways in which such options can exist in the Animus ,

What annoyed me otherwise in Origins was the fact that if I liberated a occupied house from enemy soldiers, but they kept coming back. I have always wished so much that the previous owner comes back to get everything back in order and again filled his home with life. So if we release places within the game that also change with the course of the game, when you come back again, it just feels like damn, I've moved something, I've changed something, a successful day

If you like my ideas please share with luck it reads a developer or employee of Ubisoft.

If interested, I like to write more ideas I'm full of it with over 10 years of Assassin's Creed experience

silvermercy
06-17-2018, 08:01 PM
I am the only one excited to play as Alexios? lol
I love playing as female in other games (I'm female) but in this one I prefer him.

Bro-Satan
06-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Nope Silvermercy you are not the only one I will play both characters first as Alexios then as Kassandra if I then help my mother with her play

ProdiGurl
06-17-2018, 09:01 PM
I am the only one excited to play as Alexios? lol
I love playing as female in other games (I'm female) but in this one I prefer him.
I prefer male characters even tho I loved Evie in Syndicate - I'm def. playing him first. Then I want to play again as her plus make a few different choices and see what changes becuz of them.

darklion2043
06-17-2018, 09:42 PM
I'm a male and playing male hero is always my choice. I prefer Alexios and my nephew prefers Kassandra. I don't think I see an AC game in this year and Thanks for these things to Ubisoft.

LeVoyageur07
06-18-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm a male and I will play at Kassandra for a change since we have played more male characters in previous games.
If I play the game a second time at a later date, I will probably play as Alexios.

Denis