PDA

View Full Version : AC Odyssey Ultimate edition rip off...

OxIdOAC
06-12-2018, 03:11 PM
WTF Ubisoft?

All Gold game editions on PC has Deluxe edition included, wtf are you trying to do to us now?
Rip us off?? I don't think so...

https://preview.ibb.co/dxEPKd/origins.jpg (https://ibb.co/iMKrzd)

https://preview.ibb.co/cYM4Kd/ultimate.jpg (https://ibb.co/k1tvQJ)

https://preview.ibb.co/eb5TCy/gold.jpg (https://ibb.co/f9g1Xy)

https://preview.ibb.co/kjsfQJ/ACD_UCS7237_Compare_EN.jpg (https://ibb.co/bFb75J)

Really, Ubisoft?

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 03:26 PM
"Gold" is just a level. It was previously, the highest level. Since it is no longer the highest level, (Ultimate) it does not get what Gold had previously.

Don't think of it as a ripoff, think of it as a name change. Gold is effectively "silver" now, as a rank.

OxIdOAC
06-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Umm. No. Same content - higher price, i don't think so...
Gold, Ultimate, Professional, Home, Deluxe, Normal, Sleazy, Greed or any other edition or "level" as you said, i don't care about that.
I care about content, and they change that.
Gold always had fixed content, i every Ubisoft game until now.
And, i'm sorry to say, but you obviously don't know what i'm talking about, but that's ok..

ColdBloodedVet
06-12-2018, 03:46 PM
I wish the steelbook edition got the deluxe pack too or the ultimate edition got the steelbook. I like the steelbooks but I don't want to miss out on any special content.

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Umm. No. Same content - higher price, i don't think so...
Gold, Ultimate, Professional, Home, Deluxe, Normal, Sleazy, Greed or any other edition or "level" as you said, i don't care about that.
I care about content, and they change that.
Gold always had fixed content, i every Ubisoft game until now.
And, i'm sorry to say, but you obviously don't know what i'm talking about, but that's ok..

I do know what you're talking about. There wasn't an Ultimate edition previously. Your complaint is unfounded except for the rise in cost, which was NOT in your original complaint.

Don't buy it then. Vote with your wallet.

OxIdOAC
06-12-2018, 04:19 PM
I do know what you're talking about. There wasn't an Ultimate edition previously. Your complaint is unfounded except for the rise in cost, which was NOT in your original complaint.

Don't buy it then. Vote with your wallet.

Yeah, you're right, never mind...
This season pink is the new black i suppose...

Dynmite
06-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Season pass used to come with everything inc deluxe items.. now its story only and deluxe along with skins/weapon after launch is pay extra.

game
game + deluxe
game + season pass
game + deluxe + season pass

toxicllama8
06-13-2018, 06:03 PM
I can't understand how the "ultimate" edition does not come with a steelbook. Is that because it's only digital? And how does the gold steelbook edition not include the deluxe pack items? I never felt like I was getting ripped off before, but I do now. RIP OFF

GhostAssassinLT
06-13-2018, 06:13 PM
I almost preordered the Medusa edition just to get the statue, but just as I was about to order I realized it doesn't come with the season pass...

OxIdOAC
06-13-2018, 06:49 PM
EDITED...

And ANOTHER THING...

AC Origins digital Gold edition was 89,99 - 20% discount code - 71,99. (DELUXE EDITION INCLUDED)
Need Proof? Here...

https://preview.ibb.co/nnBGHy/89_99.jpg (https://ibb.co/jxR5AJ)

https://preview.ibb.co/eTuxPd/ubisoft.jpg (https://ibb.co/g0UWjd)

And as a reminder, till AC Odyssey all Ubisoft games in Gold edition has (and still) cost 89,99 €/$...
Like all other Gold edition games like Far Cry 5, GR Wildlands, Watchdogs 2, The Division, The Crew 2 and so on....
NOW it's 99,99 €/$ (WITHOUT DELUXE EDITION), think about it..
If you care, and you should be...

EDITED...

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 07:03 PM
If it's greed you're concerned about, don't preorder. Wait until the price drops in a sale.

Again, vote with your wallet.

As for the Ubisoft fanboy jab, yep. I'm a fanboy. But I also know how to have a logical discussion without throwing insults at others based on mere disagreement or on basis of what the topic is about. Or, swearing.

This choice is yours. You don't have to be robbed by Ubisoft if you have patience. Coming to the forum and expression your anger in frustration by swearing and insults isn't going to get you far when you're spending money on the product anyway.

ModernWaffle
06-13-2018, 07:13 PM
If it's greed you're concerned about, don't preorder. Wait until the price drops in a sale.

As for the Ubisoft fanboy jab, yep. I'm a fanboy. But I also know how to have a logical discussion without throwing insults at others based on mere disagreement or on basis of what the topic is about. Or, swearing.

This choice is yours. You don't have to be robbed by Ubisoft if you have patience. Coming to the forum and expression your anger in frustration by swearing and insults isn't going to get you far when you're spending money on the product anyway.

^Ditto

OxIdOAC
06-13-2018, 07:14 PM
...and STILL you don't know what i'm talking about...

.....blind will rule the world.....someday....for sure....

(NOTE 2 syntax: i edited my previous post so it does not concern you at all, but is intended to all the people who understand what i'm talking about, and who can see where Ubisoft is heading in years to come - less content for more money)

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 07:23 PM
I know what you're talking about. The previous "gold" level doesn't contain as much as it used to. I'm countering that by saying there wasn't a previous "Ultimate" level that does have everything and therefore "Ultimate" is just the new name for "gold."

I also get the price is higher. Believe me, your point isn't difficult to understand when you use such colorful metaphors.

And none of it still detracts from the fact that if you think it's overpriced to just wait until it goes on sale. Your rant isn't going to change things, especially how you've gone about it. Talking and having a discussion instead of ranting and swearing gets better results.

Next time, wait until it goes on sale. This isn't just with Ubisoft products. This relates to everything. That's why your fanboy comment doesn't make sense, because being patient and waiting for a price to come down that you think is too high is just practical sense.

OxIdOAC
06-13-2018, 07:33 PM
..still..

Do you remember what happened to EA? Do you even know why they finally remove paid loot boxes from their games?
Believe me, it wasn't because EA supporters who say "..don't buy it then..", it was the other ones...

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 08:00 PM
This isn't loot boxes! Your comparison is completely invalid! Especially considering those same people you're talking about are also in the "don't preorder" camp. And you preordered!

From the videos, there doesn't even seem to be a store. The higher cost could be related to those that said "I'll take everything and I don't mind paying a bit extra for it" instead of paying 5 bucks for a pack here, 3 for a pack there.

Regardless, Ubisoft has given different tiers to purchase from. You can pick which one fits your fancy.

Lastly, again, nothing you've come back with still negates the fact that if you wait for it to go on sale then your problems are solved.

spy4u
06-13-2018, 08:16 PM
I think ripoff is a bit exaggerated but it's a quite substantial price increase compared to previous games.
Nevertheless i preordered the ultimate edition in the hope it's worth the price. If not this will have been my last ac purchase.

Dellers
06-14-2018, 11:55 AM
Not a fan of this, that's for sure. 25 Euros more than for Origins, that's a LOT extra to ask. Gold edition is 10 more but includes less, while Ultimate is 115 compared to Origins' 90 Euro gold edition. It's less than five years since I bought a physical copy of Splinter Cell Blacklist for 23% of the full Odyssey price brand new at launch. That set me back 249 NOK, Odyssey is about 1088 for the whole thing (actually more, since you never get the official exchange rates). If they will charge for microtransactions on top of this I will reconsider my support of Ubisoft and the franchise.
Odyssey has had a price increase for the base game as well, but only here in Norway it seems. Don't know why, considering the currency is a little bit better than it has been in quite a while.

bitebug2003
06-14-2018, 12:17 PM
In fairness there are too many editions lol - I don't think it's a rip off though.

Traditionally I've always pre-ordered an Edition that includes a figurine, and this time I had to decide between the Medusa Edition - it comes without the Deluxe Pack and Season Pass, or the Spartan Edition which does include the Deluxe Pack and Season Pass, but I also wanted the Kassandra figurine (with previously AC games the main characters were bundled with certain Editions)

So I had to make a choice, and ended up preordering the Kassandra figurine and the Medusa Edition

I can get the season pass at a later date.

The Pantheon Edition is nice but I only have a certain budget.

OxIdOAC
06-14-2018, 03:27 PM
So next year, we can expect this:

Setting: Rome

Game editions

Standard edition - Main quests only - 59,99
Extended edition - Main & side quests - 79,99
Gold edition - Main, side & collectables - 99,99
Premium edition - Main, side, collectables, 3 weapons & 3 skins, 1 skill point - 109,99
Ultimate edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points & season pass - 129,99
Roman edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & small figurine of Roman soldier - 169,99
Ceasar edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & medium figurine of the Ceasar - 199,99
Pope edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & big figurine of the Pope - 399,99
God Almighty edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & all the previous figurines dancing around a campfire - 999,99

And, of course, A Limited Vatican edition (only 999 items) exclusively signed by Pope - 2.999,99

lol

That would be fun :p

bitebug2003
06-14-2018, 04:17 PM

We've already covered Rome

But yeah it's quite ludicrous lol

WendysBrioche
06-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Ya I noticed the prices were a bit hiked for the more standard special editions.

I think Ubisoft was wise not to do an 800 edition for this game, not sure the interest is so peaked this time around.

I got the Legendary Dawn Edition for Origins but I think I may sit this one out on special editions. I don't even think the steelbook alone is worth the 120 or so. Maybe if it came with a map. Pretty sure AC II's collectors back in the day was $80 bucks and came with a sort of nice Collectors statue.

Spikey1989
06-14-2018, 06:35 PM
this is on the nodric store (sweden/denmark/norway/finland/Iceland) there u pay 80euro for one extra figurine, the Alexios figurine are the same in both edtion.

im tho think to pay and normal overprice of 30euro for that extra figurine, that normaly cost 59,99euro

https://i.imgur.com/8vUaNs8.png
https://imgur.com/a/cKVP1xWhttps://imgur.com/a/Pi23skZhttps://i.imgur.com/btJvExB.png

OxIdOAC
06-14-2018, 07:00 PM
Seriously, only thing i'm concerned here is that we are paying way more money for way less content gamewise, and to be honest Mnemonic is right in one way, but somehow failed to see that if they keep rising prices for their products right from the start, even a year later when they go on sale even to 90% (not likely) you would still pay way more than 90% sale on current prices.... simple math....
50% of from 109,99 and 89,99 JUST isn't the same... clear as day...

I really don't know if they rise the prices on collectables, but majority players who don't collect them, only care for the content they get for their money, and no one likes to be screwed...

Snlz5555
06-15-2018, 02:53 AM
yeah i agree with that first time i saw this i just said "wtf?" nevermind. by the way i will buy it but unfortunately this spartan don't have a shield (maybe will come with dlc LUL) oh wait you forgot about 3 days early access..

OxIdOAC
06-15-2018, 04:37 AM
yeah i agree with that first time i saw this i just said "wtf?" nevermind. by the way i will buy it but unfortunately this spartan don't have a shield (maybe will come with dlc LUL) oh wait you forgot about 3 days early access..

Crap, i forgot that.... :p

silvermercy
06-15-2018, 06:41 AM
I actually liked the Medusa statue better than the Spartan edition statue (because the latter looks a bit incomplete, as if it needs the second statue from Pantheon). Then I realised there's no season pass in Medusa edition...

banker2001
06-15-2018, 07:41 PM
@MnemonicSyntax. Honestly, I don't see how you are able to do "logical discussions" since all your posts are filled with pure fanboyism and fallacy. OxldOAC is right, this is a really scummy and greedy move by Ubisoft that should not be supported. Really? What's going to be next? They gonna sell Season Passes in halfs, each for the price of one? Come on man, seems like you really do not understand the value of things or that money does not grow on trees.

As for loot boxes, he didn't said that it is the same thing, he gave an example of a really bad practice (I assume that situation with Battlefront 2) which backfired badly and he got a point actually.

"Lastly, again, nothing you've come back with still negates the fact that if you wait for it to go on sale then your problems are solved." Okay, let me ask you a reasonable question. Why me or anyone else needs to wait a few years just for the game to have a reasonable discount so I can buy it? I get what you mean, but don't you find it kinda absurd? That doesn't work as justification/good argument for such practices.

As for "vote with your wallet" I actually agree with you on this one, since Ubisoft and others won't understand unless people would show how much they dislike such crap by not giving money.

banker2001
06-15-2018, 07:43 PM
Btw, something tells me that The Division 2 and their other future games may have this too unfortunately... I hope not.

MnemonicSyntax
06-15-2018, 08:00 PM
@MnemonicSyntax. Honestly, I don't see how you are able to do "logical discussions" since all your posts are filled with pure fanboyism and fallacy. OxldOAC is right, this is a really scummy and greedy move by Ubisoft that should not be supported. Really? What's going to be next? They gonna sell Season Passes in halfs, each for the price of one? Come on man, seems like you really do not understand the value of things or that money does not grow on trees.

Because again, we do not know the reasoning of the cost change. During Origins, there are many who said they would have paid for everything in one pack regarding side items, outfits, mounts, etc.

The very definition of logic is thinking things clearly. I am not saying it is or isn't greed. What I am saying is that I am having a wait and see attitude instead of immediately jumping to conclusions about it being about the almighty dollar and about padding the wallets of the investors. At this point, we have very limited information.

So yes, that is what a logical post is. Calling other people fanboys because they have a difference of opinion doesn't really work, especially when the guy complaining pre-ordered and this "fanboy" did not.

As for loot boxes, he didn't said that it is the same thing, he gave an example of a really bad practice (I assume that situation with Battlefront 2) which backfired badly and he got a point actually.

The comparison is completely invalid though. We don't know if there is going to be a store or whatever. In addition, lootboxes are a gamble, this is not. That's why the comparison is not valid.

"Lastly, again, nothing you've come back with still negates the fact that if you wait for it to go on sale then your problems are solved." Okay, let me ask you a reasonable question. Why me or anyone else needs to wait a few years just for the game to have a reasonable discount so I can buy it? I get what you mean, but don't you find it kinda absurd? That doesn't work as justification/good argument for such practices.

It does though, because Ubisoft gets those metrics. They see and know when games are preordered or when games are purchased on sale. That information is data they use to forecast future gaming selling options. This is business 101.

If you are excited about a game, and want it bad enough, you'll buy it ASAP instead of waiting. That's why I have a problem with OxidOAD's post. You complain about the cost and yet you preorder anyway? All over the internet people are always saying "don't preorder, it's not a good deal, etc."

Let me be clear though, it's his money. He's free to do what he wants with it. But buying a game at preorder and paying for it, just to come and complain on the forums sounds like his homework wasn't done to me. This is not a new thing. A rising cost in games, content that is underwhelming, etc.

You can still even buy the base game and just get the Season Pass later on at a discount and you're still saving money. We saw from Origins that everything that was "special" about preordering was eventually available to get (for free no less) months after the game released.

As for "vote with your wallet" I actually agree with you on this one, since Ubisoft and others won't understand unless people would show how much they dislike such crap by not giving money.

You can't call waiting absurd and then agree with me on voting with your wallet. Voting with your wallet doesn't mean necessarily not buying. It also means to wait for a sale.

banker2001
06-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Because again, we do not know the reasoning of the cost change. During Origins, there are many who said they would have paid for everything in one pack regarding side items, outfits, mounts, etc.

The very definition of logic is thinking things clearly. I am not saying it is or isn't greed. What I am saying is that I am having a wait and see attitude instead of immediately jumping to conclusions about it being about the almighty dollar and about padding the wallets of the investors. At this point, we have very limited information.

So yes, that is what a logical post is. Calling other people fanboys because they have a difference of opinion doesn't really work, especially when the guy complaining pre-ordered and this "fanboy" did not.

The comparison is completely invalid though. We don't know if there is going to be a store or whatever. In addition, lootboxes are a gamble, this is not. That's why the comparison is not valid.

It does though, because Ubisoft gets those metrics. They see and know when games are preordered or when games are purchased on sale. That information is data they use to forecast future gaming selling options. This is business 101.

If you are excited about a game, and want it bad enough, you'll buy it ASAP instead of waiting. That's why I have a problem with OxidOAD's post. You complain about the cost and yet you preorder anyway? All over the internet people are always saying "don't preorder, it's not a good deal, etc."

Let me be clear though, it's his money. He's free to do what he wants with it. But buying a game at preorder and paying for it, just to come and complain on the forums sounds like his homework wasn't done to me. This is not a new thing. A rising cost in games, content that is underwhelming, etc.

You can still even buy the base game and just get the Season Pass later on at a discount and you're still saving money. We saw from Origins that everything that was "special" about preordering was eventually available to get (for free no less) months after the game released.

You can't call waiting absurd and then agree with me on voting with your wallet. Voting with your wallet doesn't mean necessarily not buying. It also means to wait for a sale.

I see what you mean now, perhaps I got you wrong, hope this time I did not, it just seemed like you were defending Ubisoft, no offense. I doubt there is a good reason for them to do it though. They are not a little company which goes through multiple struggles. They are multi-millionaires (I would say even multi-billionaires) who make enormous amount of money on their products. The game is about to be released an year after Origin's release (actually even a little bit less, since Origins was released on October 27 and this will be released on October 5) and not only they raise prices, but they also pull a really dirty move with that Ultimate Edition, not to mention pre-order exclusive mission and special mission for Season Pass. For example, here in Russia Gold Edition of Far Cry 5 which inlcudes SP and Deluxe content costs 3499 rubbles and it was released this March (nearly this May actually), but upcoming AC Odyseey's Gold Edition which only includes SP costs 3799 rubbles. This is kinda too far. I just hope there won't be enough people who would support something like that, so Ubisoft would understand.

I called your statement absurd because I thought that you were defending them, but now I see what you mean, I guess.

MnemonicSyntax
06-15-2018, 08:42 PM
I see what you mean now, perhaps I got you wrong, hope this time I did not, it just seemed like you were defending Ubisoft, no offense. I doubt there is a good reason for them to do it though. They are not a little company which goes through multiple struggles. They are multi-millionaires (I would say even multi-billionaires) who make enormous amount of money on their products. The game is about to be released an year after Origin's release (actually even a little bit less, since Origin's was released on October 27 and this will be released on October 5) and not only they raise prices, but they also pull a really dirty move with that Ultimate Edition, not to mention pre-order exclusive mission and special mission for Season Pass. For example, here in Russia Gold Edition of Far Cry 5 which inlcudes SP and Deluxe content costs 3499 rubbles and it was released this March (nearly this May actually), but upcoming AC Odyseey's Gold Edition which only includes SP costs 3799 rubbles. This is kinda too far. I just hope there won't be enough people who would support something like that, so Ubisoft would understand.

I called your statement absurd because I thought that you were defending them, but now I see what you mean, I guess.

I love Ubisoft. But being a fan can also mean being critical. Back in April I was asked to go to one of their studios and discuss with them how to improve customer relations, forum issues, etc.

You can be damn sure I was critical then too.

I'm not one of those "Ubisoft cannot do any wrong in my eyes." I was furious about the Dreadful Crimes DLC not part of the Season Pass. Yes, Sony has exclusivity deals with Ubisoft. Yes, that's "greed." But I researched it, found it to be something I would enjoy and paid the five bucks for it.

Let's say that the rising in cost is about "greed." Odyssey's base game (on Steam) is the usual 60 bucks. So that tells me it's not necessarily about greed but it might be more DLC content for the Season Pass. It might be "all the packs combined" like I suggested earlier. It could be a number of things. But this is all my opinion. I will say if it is about "greed" that chances are, the shareholders are the ones demanding more money. That's all well and good, but complaining about it on the forum isn't going to change that. And even if it did, there's better ways to go about it.

At this point, we don't have a lot of info. This is why I haven't preordered myself yet. It's just having a little patience, doing a little bit of research and deciding for yourself if the cost is worth it all or not.

That's all I'm saying here.

OxIdOAC
06-15-2018, 09:02 PM

Uhmmm. where did i say that i preordered a game? In fact i didn't...

banker2001
06-15-2018, 09:18 PM
I love Ubisoft. But being a fan can also mean being critical. Back in April I was asked to go to one of their studios and discuss with them how to improve customer relations, forum issues, etc.

You can be damn sure I was critical then too.

I'm not one of those "Ubisoft cannot do any wrong in my eyes." I was furious about the Dreadful Crimes DLC not part of the Season Pass. Yes, Sony has exclusivity deals with Ubisoft. Yes, that's "greed." But I researched it, found it to be something I would enjoy and paid the five bucks for it.

Let's say that the rising in cost is about "greed." Odyssey's base game (on Steam) is the usual 60 bucks. So that tells me it's not necessarily about greed but it might be more DLC content for the Season Pass. It might be "all the packs combined" like I suggested earlier. It could be a number of things. But this is all my opinion. I will say if it is about "greed" that chances are, the shareholders are the ones demanding more money. That's all well and good, but complaining about it on the forum isn't going to change that. And even if it did, there's better ways to go about it.

At this point, we don't have a lot of info. This is why I haven't preordered myself yet. It's just having a little patience, doing a little bit of research and deciding for yourself if the cost is worth it all or not.

That's all I'm saying here.

We will have to wait to see, but I am 50/50 on that SP will have more content than usual.

I was about to ask him that myself actually. But forgot somehow.

MnemonicSyntax
06-15-2018, 09:34 PM

I went back and saw that receipt. I thought it said Odyssey, but it said Origins. For that, I apologize about that, OxidOAC.

We will have to wait to see, but I am 50/50 on that SP will have more content than usual.

Yep, wait and see is always good.

OxIdOAC
06-15-2018, 09:50 PM

Oh, how i love you, man.. You must stop licking Ubisoft boots, otherwise you'll end up in hospital for food poisoning...

We don't know the reason for rising the prices? Do you really think that they will tel you or anybody else? Did EA did that? Nope. They just forcing their stuff till they get slap in the face.
Ubisoft was testing this rip off in ACO with insane prices for cosmetic details, and now they think they are ready for major move ahead. EA did that and get spanked. Ubisoft is about to...

Yes, you're right, the very definition of logic is thinking things clearly. And, thinking clearly, my logic tells me that they want to rip me off. Simple as that...

REMINDER: I did NOT preorder Odyssey, nor i ever say anywhere that i did... and most likely wouldn't... ACO black edition was released very early this year, so ill wait for black Odyssey this time.

As for comparison which you mention TWICE, it was never meant to be any similarity with loot boxes and Odyssey editions, it was about corporations who thinks that can get away with anything
they want, and finds out that when they hit the WALL with THEIR heads it actually hurts....

And, again, discount prices means **** if you rise prices from the start, then those discounted prices are actually higher....

But i think that you and i speak different versions of english, because i know you STILL won't understand what i'm talking about.
And to be honest, don't really care, i'm sure there are players here who understands me clearly.

MnemonicSyntax
06-15-2018, 09:58 PM
That's fine then man. Don't buy it.

I already apologized for being in error about the preorder. I've also shown that the base game is still the usual price of 60 bucks. We still don't know what the Season Pass or DLC contains specifically.

But sure, it's greed. That's a great go-to reasoning.

-Ubisoft bootlicker

cawatrooper9
06-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Hey guys, enough of the personal attacks.

Address the topic, not the other poster.

Thanks in advance.

OxIdOAC
06-15-2018, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, enough of the personal attacks.

Address the topic, not the other poster.

Thanks in advance.

Fair enough..

Will do..

Thx

banker2001
06-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Btw, I noticed, why the pannel on the forums which advertises Odyssey says it's going to be released on October 15, while actually it's supposed to be October 5?

toxicllama8
06-16-2018, 02:40 PM
I just hope if sales don't meet expectations that Kassandra is not blamed. If this game does not do great it will be because of the messing with prices and not a playable female protagonist. I love Assassins Creed and think this game will be incredible, but am tired of huge corporations thinking "hrmmm how can I get the most money possible from customers" That is greed.

ProdiGurl
06-16-2018, 04:36 PM

Spot on. I used to come here alot, now all I do is see people B#*%&%& about every freaking thing imaginable & it becomes a complete drag to discuss this game with "fans".
They could be like me and have NO money to buy one extra thing & hope they have enough when it's released to even get the Standard game on release.
I mean, what's a few dollars more if you have $80 or $90 to blow on extras?? I just smh.

OxIdOAC
06-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Spot on. I used to come here alot, now all I do is see people B#*%&%& about every freaking thing imaginable & it becomes a complete drag to discuss this game with "fans".
They could be like me and have NO money to buy one extra thing & hope they have enough when it's released to even get the Standard game on release.
I mean, what's a few dollars more if you have $80 or $90 to blow on extras?? I just smh.

Just smh..

(i'm not allowed to talk here anymore because "police" in here are strong...)

Black_Widow9
06-20-2018, 01:41 AM
Btw, I noticed, why the pannel on the forums which advertises Odyssey says it's going to be released on October 15, while actually it's supposed to be October 5?
Hey banker,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It should be fixed soon to the correct October 5th date. ;)

Just smh..

(i'm not allowed to talk here anymore because "police" in here are strong...)
Hi Oxl,

You are allowed to participate in discussions but like everyone else, you must adhere to the Forum Rules (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1893855-Forum-Rules!). If you were truly being "policed" the topic would have been closed for the topic itself. Insulting others is not the way to voice your frustration with the contents of any edition of an Assassin's Creed game or other topic.

We love to read your feedback but please keep it constructive and civil.

Thanks

W-Munny66
06-22-2018, 10:05 PM
As a huge fan of this series since the beginning and owner of the first , I think six or seven "collector's editions" of AC games, when that was still a thing, before "Gold, ultimate, whatever they are doing now, I find the new pricing concept for the "digital editions" to be absurd. Since AC syndicate, I had been buying the "Gold Editions" to get all the content and season passes digitally since I ran out of space for AC statues that came in the physical editions. Now we have the Ultimate edition to gouge and extra 20 bucks when what was wrong with including it all in the gold editions? I understand paying extra for the statues and the other things you get in the physical "Collector's Editions" and that was a choice I made numerous times because I liked the statues. But for digital copies that you can't trade in? And Of course there will be a STORE in Odyssey. Im sure they made a killing off of the store in Origins and Ghost Recon so why stop now. I now have to think long and hard about whether I want to support this awful practice of pre-ordering something to be able to play it 3 days early and get all the bells and whistles that USED to come in the gold edition and that before I would have pre-ordered as soon as it was announced. Now I have to decide whether I want to buy it at all because whoever said it on here is right, "you give your consent to the practice with your wallet" and they will keep taking as much as they can as long as we willingly accept it and pay.
To the Development team, The game looks great, keep up the great work and thank you for many happy hours enjoying the wonderful worlds you create.

To the marketing team, Not cool. I would have gladly payed "The Gold edition" price as usual, I honestly don't have a problem paying for the season passes and extra missions because I understand game development isn't cheap and it cost's money to make well sized add on content but you just had try and squeeze just a little more from the die hard fans who want the whole experience and I don't condone that. plus I don't make that much money an hour......

gannon16
06-23-2018, 05:50 PM
In Europe does the PS4 physical disc version of the Gold Edition of AC Odyssey grant the early access on October 2nd like the digital version does?

datatraveller
08-14-2018, 07:40 PM
As many others have already said I have been a fan since the very beginning! I had bought the collectors edition for just about every release. Each time costing 120 and more!
I cannot believe the price hike in all the Odyssey editions! I cannot get the bad taste that Ubisoft have given me of squeezing the fans for every penny! However this now seems to be the Ubisoft way!
It leaves such a bad taste, that I am now thinking of not buying the game at all?
I used to take it on the chin when Ubisoft would charge my credit card months in advance for a preorder of 120! Well no more!
I love the way Odyssey looks but will be satisfying my gaming lust elsewhere!

joelsantos24
08-14-2018, 08:57 PM

Game editions

Standard edition - Main quests only - 59,99
Extended edition - Main & side quests - 79,99
Gold edition - Main, side & collectables - 99,99
Premium edition - Main, side, collectables, 3 weapons & 3 skins, 1 skill point - 109,99
Ultimate edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points & season pass - 129,99
Roman edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & small figurine of Roman soldier - 169,99
Ceasar edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & medium figurine of the Ceasar - 199,99
Pope edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & big figurine of the Pope - 399,99
God Almighty edition - Main, side, coll, weapons, skins, 3 skill points, season pass & all the previous figurines dancing around a campfire - 999,99

And, of course, A Limited Vatican edition (only 999 items) exclusively signed by Pope - 2.999,99

lol

That would be fun :p
It's Ubisoft. People haven't been saying that "Ubisoft is the new EA" for years now, on a simple whim. It's actually a legitimate analogy. There aren't any other companies out there, as greedy and consumer-unfriendly, as Ubisoft and EA. People should've learnt with the Origins' edition scheme. The number of editions is increasing every year, as well as the price per content.

With that being said, it's actually pointless to come here and rant about their business policies. They won't engage in any constructive discussion with you, on the topic. Be smart. If players are unhappy with their business practices, then they should protest with their wallets, because that's where it really hurts them. Don't pre-order and don't buy the game on release. Origins has been on sale several times, on the PS Store, and with a >70% price reduction, mind you.

RS2090
08-15-2018, 04:57 PM
The problem with this is the tradeoff. With gold you get the game a couple days earlier and a steel case (if you got that copy). With deluxe you get gear, experience, the naval pack, and in-game currency. It doesn't make sense to hike up the price for a couple days of early play and a steel case, and remove the in-game perks which would essentially balance out the price with the deluxe pack. Additionally, the ultimate edition isn't even a console game, and will only be released for the pc. For those of us who hate pc gaming and play console exclusively we are left without. The only way for us to get everything would be to buy both editions and hope it lets us use the codes for both. This is an incredible wast of money. I am a die-hard AC fan but find this to be an insult from Ubisoft.

joelsantos24
08-15-2018, 05:08 PM
The problem with this is the tradeoff. With gold you get the game a couple days earlier and a steel case (if you got that copy). With deluxe you get gear, experience, the naval pack, and in-game currency. It doesn't make sense to hike up the price for a couple days of early play and a steel case, and remove the in-game perks which would essentially balance out the price with the deluxe pack. Additionally, the ultimate edition isn't even a console game, and will only be released for the pc. For those of us who hate pc gaming and play console exclusively we are left without. The only way for us to get everything would be to buy both editions and hope it lets us use the codes for both. This is an incredible wast of money. I am a die-hard AC fan but find this to be an insult from Ubisoft.
Ok. If you don't mind my asking, what do you plan to do against that "insult"? Still pre-order? I'm asking because I'm curious, since I have friends that also rant and cry to the heavens about being ripped-off, and then they go and pre-order. The problem is, that same action is the reason why companies don't change their ways, because players still pre-order and buy on release, despite strong opposition towards the companies' business policies.

RS2090
08-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Ok. If you don't mind my asking, what do you plan to do against that "insult"? Still pre-order? I'm asking because I'm curious, since I have friends that also rant and cry to the heavens about being ripped-off, and then they go and pre-order. The problem is, that same action is the reason why companies don't change their ways, because players still pre-order and buy on release, despite strong opposition towards the companies' business policies.

I certainly see your point as I certainly still plan to preorder. The reason for that, however, is that I want the additional content. Individual people "protesting" and waiting months for a discounted version don't really stick it to the man as there are easily thousands of other buyers willing to still pay. I love the thought of a great mass of people all doing the same thing for change, but it is highly unrealistic and will really just prevent some people from getting extra stuff that may or may not be worth it (depending on the individual). I also want to note that this message was in response to someone saying the pricing was fair and really just a naming issue for the edition.

joelsantos24
08-15-2018, 05:53 PM
I certainly see your point as I certainly still plan to preorder. The reason for that, however, is that I want the additional content. Individual people "protesting" and waiting months for a discounted version don't really stick it to the man as there are easily thousands of other buyers willing to still pay. I love the thought of a great mass of people all doing the same thing for change, but it is highly unrealistic and will really just prevent some people from getting extra stuff that may or may not be worth it (depending on the individual). I also want to note that this message was in response to someone saying the pricing was fair and really just a naming issue for the edition.
Fair enough.

More importantly, there's no judgement call here, mind you. I was just curious to know what you were going to do. ;)

Olympus2018
08-15-2018, 05:53 PM
It's Ubisoft. People haven't been saying that "Ubisoft is the new EA" for years now, on a simple whim. It's actually a legitimate analogy. There aren't any other companies out there, as greedy and consumer-unfriendly, as Ubisoft and EA.

What about Rockstar Games? :confused:

OxIdOAC
08-16-2018, 02:30 PM
It seems that figurine sales are not going as planed... Buy it and you get free Gold Odyssey, only 749,99€...

https://store.ubi.com/eu/assassin-s-creed-odyssey---the-alexios-legendary-figurine/5afda8ac6b54a4271407a8bf.html

Wait till the end of September and you will get all of it at half that price.... right now I feel sorry for Ubisoft....

SpirosMGR7
08-29-2018, 10:35 PM
I pre ordered the ultimate edition of the game and I can truly say that is better that way because if you want full game and a challenge without starting with legendary weapons don't buy the deluxe pack ( ultimate edition or deluxe) and buy gold edition of the game. I got it for 110 but I will be one of the first who will play the game and it gives you mayor advantages !!!!! ( and never forget it's only 10-20 more the ultimate edition and you give 20 for a useless skin in fortnite who gives you nothing but just an outfit change !!!!!!!!! )

Olympus2018
08-30-2018, 06:36 AM
It seems that figurine sales are not going as planed... Buy it and you get free Gold Odyssey, only 749,99€...

https://store.ubi.com/eu/assassin-s-creed-odyssey---the-alexios-legendary-figurine/5afda8ac6b54a4271407a8bf.html

Wait till the end of September and you will get all of it at half that price.... right now I feel sorry for Ubisoft....

Apparently, only a small number of collectors will pay 750 euros for special figurines. A few thousand gamers that is. Maybe just a thousand...

DA SHIZZLE IG
08-31-2018, 01:17 AM
Hey banker,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It should be fixed soon to the correct October 5th date. ;)

Hi Oxl,

You are allowed to participate in discussions but like everyone else, you must adhere to the Forum Rules (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1893855-Forum-Rules!). If you were truly being "policed" the topic would have been closed for the topic itself. Insulting others is not the way to voice your frustration with the contents of any edition of an Assassin's Creed game or other topic.

We love to read your feedback but please keep it constructive and civil.

Thanks
So that's what happened to all the threads giving this game hard criticism and flat out saying they didn't like it........Thanks for proving what we already knew. Basically you only want to hear positive feedback, OK got it!!!

Thanks for deleting my post because of SEXISM & RACISM(lol i'm black) even though none of this was even in my post. Also thanks for deleting my AVI that I had for YEARS without informing me. I guess you didn't like seeing the infamous disconnected screen from AC3's multiplayer.....:cool: Yeah, nobody is being "policed" here, it's all in our minds:rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
08-31-2018, 02:31 AM
So that's what happened to all the threads giving this game hard criticism and flat out saying they didn't like it........Thanks for proving what we already knew. Basically you only want to hear positive feedback, OK got it!!!

This isn't true. This thread still exists.

Thanks for deleting my post because of SEXISM & RACISM(lol i'm black) even though none of this was even in my post.

Your post was also insulting other members. Remember your ban? That's why it was removed.

Also thanks for deleting my AVI that I had for YEARS without informing me. I guess you didn't like seeing the infamous disconnected screen from AC3's multiplayer.....:cool: Yeah, nobody is being "policed" here, it's all in our minds:rolleyes:

Recently, the forums merged with Uplay and your Uplay avatar was going to become your forum avatar. There was an announcement on every forum page in big bold letters. It was difficult to miss.

If you didn't have an avatar on Uplay, guess what happened?

Lastly, be serious man. You come in here and act the way you do, talking in all caps, borderline swearing, insulting other people and Ubisoft and you wonder why your posts are removed?

DA SHIZZLE IG
08-31-2018, 10:12 AM
This isn't true. This thread still exists.

Your post was also insulting other members. Remember your ban? That's why it was removed.

Recently, the forums merged with Uplay and your Uplay avatar was going to become your forum avatar. There was an announcement on every forum page in big bold letters. It was difficult to miss.

If you didn't have an avatar on Uplay, guess what happened?

Lastly, be serious man. You come in here and act the way you do, talking in all caps, borderline swearing, insulting other people and Ubisoft and you wonder why your posts are removed?
I haven't been on here ln like a month or two, so I don't know about a ban or a merger. Didn't get an E mail or nothing. Also my post was removed for SEXISM & RACISM(noticed you brushed over that lol) which was not anywhere in my post buddy. Lets be serious, everything I have posted is not ban worthy. lol what is this, Minecraft forums? You post similar to me, i'm just blunt, straight to the point, and call it like I see it.. If you are being an obvious over the top ubisoft stan and I(and others) call you out on it. That's not an "insult", it's the truth! You actually insult people, you "insult" their intelligence all the time when they disagree with you. Or when someone criticizes this mistake of a game. You just dress it up, but us smart folks can see straight through it. Like when you get proved wrong or just flat out say something wrong and you get called out. What do you do.....? start trolling lol(kinda like how you're doing now....wink wink). There's several examples of this in this very thread lol.

I miss Esco blades.... God these forums have gone downhill. No wonder it's so empty now.

ProdiGurl
08-31-2018, 10:25 AM
I miss Esco blades.... God these forums have gone downhill. No wonder it's so empty now.
Irony - not noticing that it's the chronic complaining & being hostile towards people that drives them away.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
08-31-2018, 10:32 AM
I haven't been on here ln like a month or two, so I don't know about a ban or a merger. Didn't get an E mail or nothing. Also my post was removed for SEXISM & RACISM(noticed you brushed over that lol) which was not anywhere in my post buddy. Lets be serious, everything I have posted is not ban worthy. lol what is this, Minecraft forums? You post similar to me, i'm just blunt, straight to the point, and call it like I see it.. If you are being an obvious over the top ubisoft stan and I(and others) call you out on it. That's not an "insult", it's the truth! You actually insult people, you "insult" their intelligence all the time when they disagree with you. Or when someone criticizes this mistake of a game. You just dress it up, but us smart folks can see straight through it. Like when you get proved wrong or just flat out say something wrong and you get called out. What do you do.....? start trolling lol(kinda like how you're doing now....wink wink). There's several examples of this in this very thread lol.

FYI, I didn't say you insulted me.

Staff found your post guilty of insults. I am not staff, I do not make those judgement calls.

Maybe check your PMs?

As for the racism/sexism post, I didn't gloss over it. I can't remember everything you post and it's usually just "shouting" and it sorta all blurs together.

As for being a Ubisoft fan, yep. I am. But they are not invincible to reproach. I am not thrilled with alot of things done lately in the AC universe. And I've said this before.

The difference is you put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la la! I can't hear you!" instead of having a decent conversation with people are all in some way, fans of this franchise.

Ultimately, your posts we're removed and you were banned. That has not happened to me. Maybe instead of pointing fingers at me, worryabkut yourself and become accountable for your actions.

It starts with you. :)

DA SHIZZLE IG
08-31-2018, 10:46 AM

Man i'm getting this game after it doesn't sale as much as origins. When it's released for free with games with gold on xbox or when they sale it for 70% off.

Honestly I think they're jacking prices up and being really weird with marketing this time around. Because of the huge backlash this game got. I think they know they wont hit whatever their sales goal is. So they are making up for it with all this. I guess Origins success gassed them back up again. So they put up all kinds of money for this one smh. Isn't it weird that ACO hasn't dropped a game of the year/complete addition(or whatever they're calling them now)? I'm curious to see how they're going to package all those cool items locked behind the pay wall. Or how the loot box will be handled. It will be hilarious if they stayed how they are now.

DA SHIZZLE IG
08-31-2018, 11:10 AM
I pre ordered the ultimate edition of the game and I can truly say that is better that way because if you want full game and a challenge without starting with legendary weapons don't buy the deluxe pack ( ultimate edition or deluxe) and buy gold edition of the game. I got it for 110€ but I will be one of the first who will play the game and it gives you mayor advantages !!!!! ( and never forget it's only 10-20 more the ultimate edition and you give 20€ for a useless skin in fortnite who gives you nothing but just an outfit change !!!!!!!!! )
It's a free to play game, that's how they make their money. MEGAtransactions and all these weird sneaky sales tactics don't belong in AAA full priced games. These big companies have a bad habit of cutting content and charging you for it like its extra content smh. All these different additions are just a sneaky tactic to squeeze more money out of you. It also makes the normal(......?...lol) edition of the game look like it's not actually complete.

It used to just be the game and a "collectors" edition. Now the collectors edition has turned into deluxe, gold, ultimate, super, hyper, championship, turbo, alpha, tournament, ultra, EX.......the list goes on.

dxsxhxcx
08-31-2018, 01:00 PM
Here's something else Ubisoft could've learned from The Witcher 3 (or CDPR), all DLC but the expansion packs (which added content worth of its price) are free.. :p

OxIdOAC
08-31-2018, 02:26 PM
It's a free to play game, that's how they make their money. MEGAtransactions and all these weird sneaky sales tactics don't belong in AAA full priced games. These big companies have a bad habit of cutting content and charging you for it like its extra content smh. All these different additions are just a sneaky tactic to squeeze more money out of you. It also makes the normal(......?...lol) edition of the game look like it's not actually complete.

It used to just be the game and a "collectors" edition. Now the collectors edition has turned into deluxe, gold, ultimate, super, hyper, championship, turbo, alpha, tournament, ultra, EX.......the list goes on.

True.

Sad part is, some people here, still don't understand single word some of us talk about...

OxIdOAC
08-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Here's something else Ubisoft could've learned from The Witcher 3 (or CDPR), all DLC but the expansion packs (which added content worth of its price) are free.. :p

Not gonna happen in the near future. What am i afraid of is that someday after a great success with Cyberpunk 2077 CDPR will go the same road as EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard etc...
The rotten stench of money is insanely addictive. And no one is immune to that stench...
EA's got their share of "finger slap", Ubisoft is about to, along with Blizzard, but i really hope that CDPR is aware of those corporate gimmicks that big companies pushing in our direction, and won't go in their direction.

Well, no one knows for sure, we'll see what future has in store for us...

MnemonicSyntax
08-31-2018, 02:47 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that people expect something for nothing.

joelsantos24
08-31-2018, 03:31 PM
Not gonna happen in the near future. What am i afraid of is that someday after a great success with Cyberpunk 2077 CDPR will go the same road as EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard etc...
The rotten stench of money is insanely addictive. And no one is immune to that stench...
EA's got their share of "finger slap", Ubisoft is about to, along with Blizzard, but i really hope that CDPR is aware of those corporate gimmicks that big companies pushing in our direction, and won't go in their direction.

Well, no one knows for sure, we'll see what future has in store for us...
CDPR has made their community well aware that they'll hardly go on the same path as EA, Ubisoft or Activision. I think we can all acknowledge that they're different, and for the better, I might add. They're mostly focused on keeping their community unified and happy, and whilst they succeed at it, there isn't much else to worry about.

Olympus2018
08-31-2018, 06:57 PM
IF the season pass includes ALL DLCs of Odyssey without extra microtransactions required then it is a fair deal. And people need to understand the value for money concept before they attack Ubisoft or any other developer for that matter.

To pay 50 euros every month for a new open world game that you can finish within the month is NOT value for money. 600 euros per year to play 12 different small games (100 hours of gameplay each) IS a rip-off and a distraction. To pay 100 euros for a whole year (main game + season pass = ALL DLCs) and invest your time and money in one huge super duper open world, be it Egypt, Greece, China or whatever floats your boat, is more mature, more value for money since you spent 6 times less money on games, and you invest your time in a setting that you can fully explore, without rushing.... The same thing happens with simulation games, be it airplane, train, racing etc. You play the same game for years and still enjoy it. You don't have to spend all your available money in new games as if you could play all the games of the world in one lifetime!

The game as a service model is actually better value for money, provided you only spend about 100 euros/dollars per year for DLC in just one game. It's too early to judge Odyssey before we see what kind of service game Ubisoft is making for us.

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-01-2018, 02:16 PM
IF the season pass includes ALL DLCs of Odyssey without extra microtransactions required then it is a fair deal. And people need to understand the value for money concept before they attack Ubisoft or any other developer for that matter.

To pay 50 euros every month for a new open world game that you can finish within the month is NOT value for money. 600 euros per year to play 12 different small games (100 hours of gameplay each) IS a rip-off and a distraction. To pay 100 euros for a whole year (main game + season pass = ALL DLCs) and invest your time and money in one huge super duper open world, be it Egypt, Greece, China or whatever floats your boat, is more mature, more value for money since you spent 6 times less money on games, and you invest your time in a setting that you can fully explore, without rushing.... The same thing happens with simulation games, be it airplane, train, racing etc. You play the same game for years and still enjoy it. You don't have to spend all your available money in new games as if you could play all the games of the world in one lifetime!

The game as a service model is actually better value for money, provided you only spend about 100 euros/dollars per year for DLC in just one game. It's too early to judge Odyssey before we see what kind of service game Ubisoft is making for us.
lol!!!!! I'm convinced you're an ubisoft hype beast, you can't be a real gamer......you just can't be, I WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!! You must be young, because you have fallen for their greedy tricks. Listen, All of this stuff is all CRAP!!!! It's not for the improvement and fun of games. It's not for us, it's all about $$$$$. You are paying $60($65 with tax), the full price for an amazing FULL EXPERIENCE. You shouldn't pay for nothing extra except for expansions. All those extra little outfits, tiny missions, weapons, colors should just be free updates. Have you played the witcher 3, GTA5, or Dark souls 3? I'm sure there's a few more that i'm missing. But the point is, that's how you do it. Make a game worth playing for tons of hours, add some extra things in there(that are actually good) from time to time. Boom! they get filthy rich without being scummy, we are unanimously 90% satisfied and gain huge respect for them. No need to charge extra money for people to keep playing for years. There's a bunch of other problems with all of this but I've typed enough already.

You must be new to ubisoft and assassin's creed. The same team who made syndicate made this abomination of an AC game. You really think they're gonna pull off what you have imagined in your mind? Very few games have been created that has even come close and they are all certified classics. Dude I hate to burst your bubble. But all they're gonna do is add a bunch of cheap and lazy stuff to this game and over charge you for it. This game won't last 1 year. Also I predict a graphical down grade at launch as well. Bunch of MEGAtransactions, lazy re-skins, glitches, and loot boxes.

Releasing games in beta or alpha stages and slapping the full price on them is not cool. Releasing games and cutting 25% - 35% of it out. Then selling it as DLC, locking it behind a pre order, or locking it behind "special editions" is dumb. Please wake up, none of this is good for gaming.

Olympus2018
09-01-2018, 02:54 PM
lol!!!!! I'm convinced you're an ubisoft hype beast, you can't be a real gamer......you just can't be, I WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!! You must be young, because you have fallen for their greedy tricks. Listen, All of this stuff is all CRAP!!!! It's not for the improvement and fun of games. It's not for us, it's all about $$$$$. You are paying $60($65 with tax), the full price for an amazing FULL EXPERIENCE. You shouldn't pay for nothing extra except for expansions. All those extra little outfits, tiny missions, weapons, colors should just be free updates. Have you played the witcher 3, GTA5, or Dark souls 3? I'm sure there's a few more that i'm missing. But the point is, that's how you do it. Make a game worth playing for tons of hours, add some extra things in there(that are actually good) from time to time. Boom! they get filthy rich without being scummy, we are unanimously 90% satisfied and gain huge respect for them. No need to charge extra money for people to keep playing for years.

Releasing games in beta or alpha stages and slapping the full price on them is not cool. Releasing games and cutting 25% - 35% of it out. Then selling it as DLC, locking it behind a pre order, or locking it behind "special editions" is dumb. Please wake up, none of this is good for gaming.

So, you must be very young.... That's the only explanation I can give. I have been a gamer since 1985. Did you even exist back then? I am not so sure... The first console I used was actually released in 1977 but It was given to me later. It's named Atari 2600... That's how old I am.

To answer your questions, I have not played Dark Souls myself but I have played GTA 1,2,3,4,5 when they were released... That means I played GTA 1 some 20 years ago on PC. I have played Witcher 3 too but not the first two games.

Now here's the deal: Those who love Odyssey and the setting (ancient Greece) will exploit the game 100%, making every single cent of that money count: As I already posted on another thread, Odyssey will keep us busy for the next 2 YEARS, not months. Paying 100 bucks for a game that will be enjoyed until 2020 with extra DLCs is actually a bargain: Super cheap. The season pass will include the whole story and the game + season pass is just over 100 euros only! That is not too much to ask.

What you are afraid of is the possibility that Ubisoft will charge us more money for extra DLCs until 2020. That is on top of the season pass. That is a mere S P E C U L A T I O N for the time being.
The game will arrive in just one month from now. So, next month we will find out if the season pass is all inclusive or not.

IF the season pass is not all inclusive and later in 2019 or 2020, new DLC for Odyssey comes out, we may assess the value for money and conclude whether it is a rip off or not. For the time being, we don't know anything about 2019 plans for Odyssey, other than this: The season pass will cover all DLC for the season 2018-2019.

Again, Rockstar Games is currently experimenting with the game as a service model and GTA fans don't complain much, do they? They still play GTA for 5 years! Ubisoft on the other hand did not make promises that Odyssey will be interesting to play for the next 5 years, just the next couple of years.

The rest of your post is just irrelevant speculations and predictions. Unless you are a prophet, you can't know what Ubisoft will charge for future Odyssey DLCs...

ProdiGurl
09-01-2018, 02:56 PM
It's not for us, it's all about $$$$$
Then stop buying every single game, console & for that matter, every product companies make bcuz every company needs to make money & profit.
They aren't in business to help us all out becuz they care so much about us

I'm convinced you're an ubisoft hype beast, you can't be a real gamer
You really need to start letting people think for themselves and believe differently than you do. Apparently, if they don't share your opinions, they're something negative and to be mocked.
We can like & appreciate Ubi (& whatever other game co), and not necessarily like everything they decide to do at the same time without hating them

Olympus2018
09-01-2018, 03:12 PM
IF anyone understands basic economics, the 1 euro per hour rate is really BAD value for money: 50 euros for an open world game that will be finished in 50 hours and then we move on to the next game. That is not a mature way of being a gamer. My uncle is 60 years old and still a gamer but he plays airplane simulation games... He pays once in 5 years or so, to get a new video game. He is a gamer because he plays almost every day for a couple of hours or so... But he doesn't spend a fortune on gaming. He invests time and money in a game.

Using the same mindset, Odyssey is a game that will attract gamers who want to invest a serious amount of time but not in an MMORPG with mediocre graphics and childish gameplay like LOL and the likes. Odyssey is for adults, not for teens so much. The opposite is true when it comes to most if not all MMORPG which are directed at teenagers for the most part.

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-01-2018, 03:48 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! I give up. LOL speculation.........no, it's an obvious "pattern". This is what makes me think you're new to AC. How could you miss something so obvious? This games roll out has done nothing to make me see anything different.

Glad you brought up gta5's success. They never planned that out. They were surprised by it. They simply put out an incredible full price polished game. Now they're being showered with praise and money. This happens with pretty much all their games. No need for silly "games as a service" crap. 5 years out of $60 and free cool/fun updates is the best. Red dead redemption will be close to this same success. Dark souls 3 is still getting lots of play without constant updates, even 1 & 2 still are. The witcher(the map is just not huge, the density is also great) still is getting played like crazy. Cyberpunk will be joining these games. I didn't even mention Skyrim or fallout lol(no need too). These made all the money they needed and then some. No need to squeeze any extra out of us, the games sale themselves.

Which would you rather have. What I just posted(greatness) , or games as a service crap?

Olympus2018
09-01-2018, 04:07 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! I give up. LOL speculation.........no, it's an obvious "pattern". This is what makes me think you're new to AC. How could you miss something so obvious? This games roll out has done nothing to make me see anything different.

Glad you brought up gta5's success. They never planned that out. They were surprised by it. They simply put out an incredible full price polished game. Now they're being showered with praise and money. This happens with pretty much all their games. No need for silly "games as a service" crap. 5 years out of $60 and free cool/fun updates is the best. Red dead redemption will be close to this same success. Dark souls 3 is still getting lots of play without constant updates, even 1 & 2 still are. The witcher(the map is just not huge, the density is also great) still is getting played like crazy. Cyberpunk will be joining these games. I didn't even mention Skyrim or fallout lol(no need too). These made all the money they needed and then some. No need to squeeze any extra out of us, the games sale themselves.

Which would you rather have. What I just posted(greatness) , or games as a service crap?

Υοu obviously don't know much about GTA5. It is now GTA Online and it is a successful game as a service example. So gamers pay little money to enjoy GTA for 5 consecutive years! That's splendid value for money. Witcher 3 with all its DLCs is a different kind of example because it is not really GaaS.

ProdiGurl
09-01-2018, 04:12 PM
If Ubi FORCED you to buy any extra content they work hard to create (then take all your complaints about it), or if they made a very short game that you could blow through in a few hours while charging for added stuff, then you'd have a point. When they make a long game (that took them 3 yrs to create even including a trip to do their research of the region), then any other content or services is fair to charge for.
If they want to give it away for nothing, great. But they aren't evil for not giving away.

For those that are angry that they don't get extra stuff for free, just buy the basic game and ignore all of it altogether. I buy the Standard game & I'm done till the next release.
I don't have the $$ to buy extra stuff or services - but I don't think they owe it to me either. I just don't get it & have plenty of hours of gameplay to enjoy.
I don't understand alot of the side content stuff, but I have nothing to resent about it when I only buy the game.

joelsantos24
09-02-2018, 10:03 AM
You know, a lot of people (wrongly) believe that game prices are increasing, because production and development costs are also exponentially increasing. That's their reasoning for the existence of loot boxes and general monetisation. But, to be accurate, it's actually the opposite. Many publishers and developers are, indeed, decreasing development/production costs, and then implementing a "games as service" setting to their entire catalogues, and for one simple reason: repeated and continuous revenue.

It used to be that the Season Pass included all the content released into the game, post-launch. That is, until Ubisoft redefined the concept with Origins. Companies such as EA, Ubisoft and Activision now invest less in development and see their profits sky-rocket due to those "service" strategies. EA, for example, now invests less 300 million dollars in production, than it did in 2009. This is why I'll never understand those defending the high game prices and endless, additional packs of extra content, as "fair value", simply because the producers take their jobs seriously enough to travel to the real locations and do some research. Guess what? Santa Monica travelled to Northern-Europe and researched it's typical environments and atmosphere. Sucker Punch travelled to Tsushima and researched everything on the history of the island, it's people and their culture, in order to build the world of Ghost of Tsushima. The complete God of War came out with a 60€ price tag, guaranteed, continuous free updates and no DLC whatsoever. Ghost of Tsushima will surely do the same. Spider-Man as well. With the exception of Playstation's famous exclusives, does anyone still remember what it felt like, to actually buy a "complete" game on release?

Here's a blatant example on decreasing development costs, regarding EA (if you want to go directly to the production costs' information, skip to minute 13:00, but I advice you to watch the entire video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M&t=817s

ProdiGurl
09-02-2018, 12:26 PM
If Ubi FORCED you to buy any extra content they work hard to create (then take all your complaints about it), or if they made a very short game that you could blow through in a few hours while charging for added stuff, then you'd have a point. When they make a long game (that took them 3 yrs to create even including a trip to do their research of the region), then any other content or services is fair to charge for.
If they want to give it away for nothing, great. But they aren't evil for not giving away.

For those that are angry that they don't get extra stuff for free, just buy the basic game and ignore all of it altogether. I buy the Standard game & I'm done till the next release.
I don't have the $$ to buy extra stuff or services - but I don't think they owe it to me either. I just don't get it & have plenty of hours of gameplay to enjoy.
I don't understand alot of the side content stuff, but I have nothing to resent about it when I only buy the game.

You know, a lot of people (wrongly) believe that game prices are increasing, because production and development costs are also exponentially increasing. That's their reasoning for the existence of loot boxes and general monetisation. But, to be accurate, it's actually the opposite. Many publishers and developers are, indeed, decreasing development/production costs, and then implementing a "games as service" setting to their entire catalogues, and for one simple reason: repeated and continuous revenue.

It used to be that the Season Pass included all the content released into the game, post-launch. That is, until Ubisoft redefined the concept with Origins. Companies such as EA, Ubisoft and Activision now invest less in development and see their profits sky-rocket due to those "service" strategies. EA, for example, now invests less 300 million dollars in production, than it did in 2009. This is why I'll never understand those defending the high game prices and endless, additional packs of extra content, as "fair value", simply because the producers take their jobs seriously enough to travel to the real locations and do some research. Guess what? Santa Monica travelled to Northern-Europe and researched it's typical environments and atmosphere. Sucker Punch travelled to Tsushima and researched everything on the history of the island, it's people and their culture, in order to build the world of Ghost of Tsushima. The complete God of War came out with a 60€ price tag, guaranteed, continuous free updates and no DLC whatsoever. Ghost of Tsushima will surely do the same. Spider-Man as well. With the exception of Playstation's famous exclusives, does anyone still remember what it felt like, to actually buy a "complete" game on release?

Here's a blatant example on decreasing development costs, regarding EA (if you want to go directly to the production costs' information, skip to minute 13:00, but I advice you to watch the entire video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M&t=817s

K, first off, my Travel comment when taken in its context is about Ubi's semi unique burden of historic Location accuracy for AC, hard work & length of time to create the game. Not Cost, so your subsequent point on profit really doesn't apply there (and still wouldn't change anything in my response).
My point was generally that with most all other games, they create their own worlds & characters. Most don't involve the historic accuracy of real people or places being traveled to.

But I'd like to ask what about my post is wrong or inaccurate in concept? If you buy the Standard game version for $60, how are you being taken advantage of or cheated by Ubi? That's the standard price for practically all video games at release across the board. & by the way, I remember when new games cost $50. The fact that another company creates a game & decides to give certain content/services away for free does NOT make another company evil for deciding to charge $$ for it. They want to charge customers for all their time & work and give them the opportunity to have more things.

It seems like this is more about perspective than actual facts & there's lots of other examples of different companies/brands charging outrageous prices for food, drink, apparel & products that deal alot with status & prestige, not always that they really cost so much more to produce.
Buy a designer handbag for $3000 or get the knock-off version for $50. Are Gucci or LouBoutin greedy & evil when others offer shoes, bags & clothing for much less at Walmart/Target?
Doesn't seem like it when people do all they can to wear their signature names in public & the more they do that, the more popular they get.
Just some perspective on company choices - that companies aren't necessarily 'evil' just bcuz they aren't cheaper or charity. & it's regular people who put them on a pedestal to glorify becuz of this.
(a little off topic, but just some observation/comparison)

This video is wrong when they start comparing tangible w/ intangible material as if you're being ripped off bcuz the cards you buy w/ EA are DIGITAL... Ok, so they have no outside value.
But they're ignoring the IN GAME value that you're playing and paying for. The customer is paying for PERSONAL ENJOYMENT. Entertainment. Fun. That's worth something.
The item does NOT have to be tangible to be worth something to the customer. The same is true w/ Candy Crush & so many other online games.
So their point is pointless. That company has spent time, energy & resources to create something and is selling it. Period. If it's too pricey, DON'T BUY IT. If you think the principle & Company are greedy, DON'T BUY IT and you lose nothing.

Anyways, where I do see a serious issue and that's really wrong is @ 8:10 - *Pay to Win*. When you start making your added content necessary to beat others, that's an issue becuz it's completely unfair & forcing others to have to purchase to compete. Not an issue when you're playing SP by yourself.
As for "gambling based"... when the material you're buying isn't GUARANTEED, that's a known risk that you again decide to buy or not. Go to Vegas - do you think The House is working against you when you gamble at their casino? Absolutely. Yet look how many go there & gamble anyway. CHOICE.
If you don't want to risk losing, don't gamble! It's this simple.

Plus, alot of gamers buy used games & don't even pay the full release price of their games.... there's that whole aspect too.

These are basic principles - I'm not saying EA isn't necessarily greedy either - but again, businesses are in business to make money. They look for ways to generate income.
The more $$ they make, the more they can pay employees, hire more employees, expand the business, etc. & the more the company can cover LOSSES from their other games that may fail one year. It's what they do. If a company gets out of control & is out of step w/ the industry, then it's up to gamers just not to buy it.

*Edit: There's also another aspect involved which is things becoming common/generic vs. special/extra. When you get something more, something different or unique or pay more, they become appreciated more... if you buy just the Standard game, it's common. GOTY & other editions of games are a step up & viewed that way. You get a little more & pay more for that.

Olympus2018
09-02-2018, 02:29 PM
K, first off, my Travel comment when taken in its context is about Ubi's semi unique burden of historic Location accuracy for AC, hard work & length of time to create the game. Not Cost, so your subsequent point on profit really doesn't apply there (and still wouldn't change anything in my response).
My point was generally that with most all other games, they create their own worlds & characters. Most don't involve the historic accuracy of real people or places being traveled to.

But I'd like to ask what about my post is wrong or inaccurate in concept? If you buy the Standard game version for $60, how are you being taken advantage of or cheated by Ubi? That's the standard price for practically all video games at release across the board. & by the way, I remember when new games cost $50. The fact that another company creates a game & decides to give certain content/services away for free does NOT make another company evil for deciding to charge $$ for it. They want to charge customers for all their time & work and give them the opportunity to have more things.

It seems like this is more about perspective than actual facts & there's lots of other examples of different companies/brands charging outrageous prices for food, drink, apparel & products that deal alot with status & prestige, not always that they really cost so much more to produce.
Buy a designer handbag for $3000 or get the knock-off version for $50. Are Gucci or LouBoutin greedy & evil when others offer shoes, bags & clothing for much less at Walmart/Target?
Doesn't seem like it when people do all they can to wear their signature names in public & the more they do that, the more popular they get.
Just some perspective on company choices - that companies aren't necessarily 'evil' just bcuz they aren't cheaper or charity. & it's regular people who put them on a pedestal to glorify becuz of this.

This video is wrong when they start comparing tangible w/ intangible material as if you're being ripped off bcuz the cards you buy w/ EA are DIGITAL... Ok, so they have no outside value.
But they're ignoring the IN GAME value that you're playing and paying for. The customer is paying for PERSONAL ENJOYMENT. Entertainment. Fun. That's worth something.
The item does NOT have to be tangible to be worth something to the customer. The same is true w/ Candy Crush & so many other online games.
So their point is pointless. That company has spent time, energy & resources to create something and is selling it. Period. If it's too pricey, DON'T BUY IT. If you think the principle & Company are greedy, DON'T BUY IT and you lose nothing.

Anyways, where I do see a serious issue and that's really wrong is @ 8:10 - *Pay to Win*. When you start making your added content necessary to beat others, that's an issue becuz it's completely unfair & forcing others to have to purchase to compete. Not an issue when you're playing SP by yourself.
As for "gambling based"... when the material you're buying isn't GUARANTEED, that's a known risk that you again decide to buy or not. Go to Vegas - do you think The House is working against you when you gamble at their casino? Absolutely. Yet look how many go there & gamble anyway. CHOICE.

Plus, alot of gamers buy used games & don't even pay the full release price of their games.... there's that whole aspect too.

These are basic principles - I'm not saying EA isn't necessarily greedy either - but again, businesses are in business to make money. They look for ways to generate income.
The more $$ they make, the more they can pay employees, hire more employees, expand the business, etc. & the more the company can cover LOSSES from their other games that may fail one year. It's what they do. If a company gets out of control & is out of step w/ the industry, then it's up to gamers just not to buy it.

*Edit: There's also another aspect involved which is things becoming common/generic vs. special/extra. When you get something more, something different or unique or pay more, they become appreciated more... if you buy just the Standard game, it's common. GOTY & other editions of games are a step up & viewed that way. You get a little more & pay more for that.

At last, someone who can really understand economics, supply & demand and common sense. The customer decides if the product is worth it. No one is forced to make microtransactions...

Unless we know the pricing of Odyssey's microtransactions (IF they come), we can't make any conclusions or pass judgment.

ProdiGurl
09-02-2018, 03:24 PM
At last, someone who can really understand economics, supply & demand and common sense. The customer decides if the product is worth it. No one is forced to make microtransactions...

Unless we know the pricing of Odyssey's microtransactions (IF they come), we can't make any conclusions or pass judgment.
Yes but this involves more than just MT's - it goes to other game editions or specialty merchandise too. Even if we know the pricing of Odyssey's MT's the principle remains the same.
If Ubi chose to jack the price of a certain MT up to $40 (for whatever reason), just don't buy the xpensive content that you didn't need to have.
* I think even the games are getting too xpensive - I thought $50 was bad enough but that's just me. All I know is that I can't afford to play release price of the games I want so I have to prioritize this year & probably next*. But what a great problem to have, too many amazing games to choose from :D

But before they released any additional content/special editions/merch, we knew nothing about it & didn't care about it. No harm done.
The minute it releases, it's OUR greed that wants to get that material, it's our greed that judges the company for charging for it, it's our greed that believes the co. owes it to us & praises the ones who don't charge becuz we get more for nothing that way. (which yes, is a great thing we can appreciate). But it doesn't make the company evil & greedy becuz they charge for content they didn't need to make for the Standard game version.

I think gamers may have it reversed & maybe we're just as greedy as some of these companies we attack? Definitely not everyone, but I think that's involved sometimes -
it's easier to point blame at others than to look into ourselves & our motives. I think we're being indoctrinated to hate Companies & Corporations as if they're our enemies & can't be trusted or liked.
I don't share that view becuz w/out them, my life would be alot more empty and worse off in so many ways. They make things I need & rely on.
But yes there are definitely some bad ones out there. Let me know when the world was ever fair & perfectly good. :/

joelsantos24
09-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Ok... I don't really know where this is coming from, I was merely talking to Shizzle about the point he was making. Specifically, about the companies that actually make an effort to release a full game for the usual price vs. the one's that choose to tear apart their games into pieces, charge the typical price for what they call the "base game", only to sell the remaining pieces separately as DLC.

- First of all, many games capture and portray realistic or semi-realistic settings or backgrounds, and AC isn't the only example. It applies to everything, be it cost, hard work, time and commitment to create a game. Many games have historical and cultural merit, value and accuracy. AC doesn't deserve special consideration or reference, in any given way. There's no proof that they work harder or better than everyone else, so the point is nonsensical. Furthermore, their mass-production and release business model, suggests that their games are, in fact, rushed and released in a poor shape. Ubisoft's history has an untouchable precedent, in that regard.

- When you buy the base versions of games such as The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, and certainly the upcoming Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-man, The Last of Us 2 or Death Stranding, etc, you're not being taken advantage of, that's for sure. On the other hand, when you buy the base versions of the typical games as services, you know you're paying the same price as the former games, but their length and significance are considerably lesser. Service-oriented companies want to charge somewhat the same for a fraction of what used to constitute a base (or complete/full) game, so that they may sell the remaining portions separately, and therefore generate a considerable increase in revenue. It's somewhat nave to believe otherwise.

- The point you try to make between tangible or intangible, makes no sense whatsoever. Ironically, that's the issue. You're paying a considerable amount of money for something that has no literal value in the "real world", besides the fact that you're paying for something that you don't even know what it is. Moreover, this means it's actual gambling, which is even more negative because these systems are aimed at, or are easily accessible to children. People are, indeed, free to visit casinos, but then again, children can't enter, can they?

Just like EA, Ubisoft is one of most greedy and shameless video-game companies in the world, and people have been witnessing and saying it for many years, now. To witness their disgusting business approach, you just have to visit The Division Forums, and take a look around.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and more importantly, to make those views known and accounted for, in the Forums. However, and with all due respect, you simply don't have the right to define or determine the boundary between what is enough and what isn't, to generate revolt or protest in the community. If they feel they're being ripped-off, then they should say so and loudly. Instead, we're being forced to read/listen to these sterile comments about the developers' hard work, effort and commitment, as if other companies and other producers don't work as hard or even more. Additionally, we're reading about "if it's expensive, don't buy it", or "if you feel you're being ripped off, then, don't play it". Seriously?

To conclude, each person rules their own wallet. If you feel that the price you're paying for your games is adequate or fair, perfect. But other people don't think so, and their opinions are just as valid as yours, and they feel they're being ripped-off.

MnemonicSyntax
09-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Υοu obviously don't know much about GTA5. It is now GTA Online and it is a successful game as a service example. So gamers pay little money to enjoy GTA for 5 consecutive years! That's splendid value for money. Witcher 3 with all its DLCs is a different kind of example because it is not really GaaS.

Please, please stop saying GTAV is GTA Online. It is not. They are two separate games.

Your post about GTAO is valid, but GTAV "didn't become" GTAO.

Olympus2018
09-02-2018, 06:49 PM
Please, please stop saying GTAV is GTA Online. It is not. They are two separate games.

Your post about GTAO is valid, but GTAV "didn't become" GTAV.

Two separate games? Are you for real? It is the same game with minor differences....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQE4GiROhjI

MnemonicSyntax
09-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Two separate games? Are you for real? It is the same game with minor differences....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQE4GiROhjI

Look man, I'm not going to fight with you on this.

The two aren't even related to each other. Your actions in one game do not have any effect on the other.

It's like saying Brotherhood and Revelations are the same game. They're not.

I agree with your points regarding GTAO, but the fact that they're two separate games and GTAV hasn't received any content since... forever while GTAO has, is proof they're not the same game.

Again, I agree with your ultimate point.

ProdiGurl
09-02-2018, 07:26 PM
That's an awesome video, I think I might need to get this game - I haven't played any GTA's before :D

OxIdOAC
09-02-2018, 07:38 PM
That's an awesome video, I think I might need to get this game - I haven't played any GTA's before :D

Trevor alone is the reason i bought and played this game (GTA 5 SP, Online version is great but i don't have much time to play everything)... If you don't know who Trevor is, please, goolge it... Or ask ANYONE!!!! And if you buy this game you wont regret it...

ProdiGurl
09-02-2018, 07:53 PM
I remember watching the TV commercial for it and wanting to get it but I was busy w/ other games & it wasn't a priority since I never played GTA & what little I knew about them was that they had this bad reputation lol (I did play Saint's Row the Third tho) -
I have SO many games on my list that are coming out, I won't get it for awhile but I'm gonna have to get this & I'll find Trevor on Youtube. Looks like his vids will be fun to watch. :D
Thanks for the tip!

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-04-2018, 03:06 AM
Ok... I don't really know where this is coming from, I was merely talking to Shizzle about the point he was making. Specifically, about the companies that actually make an effort to release a full game for the usual price vs. the one's that choose to tear apart their games into pieces, charge the typical price for what they call the "base game", only to sell the remaining pieces separately as DLC.

- First of all, many games capture and portray realistic or semi-realistic settings or backgrounds, and AC isn't the only example. It applies to everything, be it cost, hard work, time and commitment to create a game. Many games have historical and cultural merit, value and accuracy. AC doesn't deserve special consideration or reference, in any given way. There's no proof that they work harder or better than everyone else, so the point is nonsensical. Furthermore, their mass-production and release business model, suggests that their games are, in fact, rushed and released in a poor shape. Ubisoft's history has an untouchable precedent, in that regard.

- When you buy the base versions of games such as The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, and certainly the upcoming Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-man, The Last of Us 2 or Death Stranding, etc, you're not being taken advantage of, that's for sure. On the other hand, when you buy the base versions of the typical games as services, you know you're paying the same price as the former games, but their length and significance are considerably lesser. Service-oriented companies want to charge somewhat the same for a fraction of what used to constitute a base (or complete/full) game, so that they may sell the remaining portions separately, and therefore generate a considerable increase in revenue. It's somewhat nave to believe otherwise.

- The point you try to make between tangible or intangible, makes no sense whatsoever. Ironically, that's the issue. You're paying a considerable amount of money for something that has no literal value in the "real world", besides the fact that you're paying for something that you don't even know what it is. Moreover, this means it's actual gambling, which is even more negative because these systems are aimed at, or are easily accessible to children. People are, indeed, free to visit casinos, but then again, children can't enter, can they?

Just like EA, Ubisoft is one of most greedy and shameless video-game companies in the world, and people have been witnessing and saying it for many years, now. To witness their disgusting business approach, you just have to visit The Division Forums, and take a look around.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and more importantly, to make those views known and accounted for, in the Forums. However, and with all due respect, you simply don't have the right to define or determine the boundary between what is enough and what isn't, to generate revolt or protest in the community. If they feel they're being ripped-off, then they should say so and loudly. Instead, we're being forced to read/listen to these sterile comments about the developers' hard work, effort and commitment, as if other companies and other producers don't work as hard or even more. Additionally, we're reading about "if it's expensive, don't buy it", or "if you feel you're being ripped off, then, don't play it". Seriously?

To conclude, each person rules their own wallet. If you feel that the price you're paying for your games is adequate or fair, perfect. But other people don't think so, and their opinions are just as valid as yours, and they feel they're being ripped-off.

She's not gonna listen bruh. I hate to use this term, but she is showing all the signs of a casual gamer. Young and casual gamers are their primary targets. They are naive and never look at the big picture or dig too deep. Making them very easy to manipulate and brain wash. She really said that it's mostly our fault as consumers lol. Ironically sounding just like them, which is no coincidence at all. Now she has never thrown any money at this crap(great!!!). But she's definitely the minority of casuals. She doesn't FULLY understand or care enough to see how this ultimately effects the industry/us gamer. She(not just her, just using her as an example) is clearly not familiar or has been following the decline in the quality of games. Also all the controversy, the actual exposures, the lies, the pandering etc etc that's been happening for the past 5 years. All of that typing and it still didn't address, nor dismiss the main point. We know they are a "business", they ALL are "businesses" lol. Ubisoft is one of the oldest, biggest, and most richest companies. They are definitely not hurting for money. There's no need for them to implement all this shady crap into their games. It's nothing but pure greed and the quality of their games are CLEARLY suffering from it. The fact that we are even referring to a full price AAA game as the "BASE GAME" should tell you something right there lol. They just can't see how dumb this is smh. So they made a full game, then made several versions with "a bit" more content in each version. Then drop them all at the same time......WTF? Then in the "BASE" game they are charging for them lol! Being a long time gamer that pays attention to things. You can clearly come to the conclusion that this was cut from the actual complete game and could simply be added for free. Then they have the nerve to even start being sneaky with season passes. OF COURSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRUST THEM AND COMPLAIN when we see this. They don't understand the concept of a "slippery slope" and they OBVIOUSLY haven't noticed it. The whole "games as a service" thing will not be good for gamers because greed and lazyness will eventually set in. Ubisoft has just been pumping out games in alpha(sometimes beta) stages left and right. This is who they think will do justice to "games as a service".....LOL!!!!!!!! Look no further than the FF and AC cross promotion updates. Final fantasy's AC update was amazing!! AC's FF update was terrible. Ubisoft is bigger than square and this is what they came up with....lol. Don't get me started on that ugly lazy reskin of a camel.

Remember destiny 1 getting exposed by hackers? Then later on they kinda sorta admitted that what we all "suspected"(before the hackers exposed them) was indeed true? That was the 1st time we got confirmation straight from the horses mouth. That right there is a great example of what "games as a service" will turn into. Ever since this happened, several games got exposed by hackers/modders. These people still think we are just over thinking things, we're spoiled, etc etc.

This can all be used as a great example to what has happened to AC. Not one fan of the series asked for this ACTION ADVENTURE game to be turned into an RPG. They're not trying to be "innovative" or "listening to the fans" with this game. Share holders aka suits breathing down their necks is what lead to the creation of 300's creed. This was "purely" a desperate money move. Why not spend all this time and energy on GREATLY improving on what we already know and love? They keep making improvements but take them away in the next game. They give us better steath, better combat, more interesting worlds, better free running, better weapons, high replay value multiplayer(as a bonus), etc etc. But this is all broken up in each game. This is a direct result of ubisoft having multiple studios working on several games around the same time. Just to keep pumping out their big selling game. They would have a classic sales breaking Assassins creed game. If they simply had one team(preferably AC4/ACO team), actually gave them a reasonable amount of time, and actually put out a "full/complete" product.

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Look man, I'm not going to fight with you on this.

The two aren't even related to each other. Your actions in one game do not have any effect on the other.

It's like saying Brotherhood and Revelations are the same game. They're not.

I agree with your points regarding GTAO, but the fact that they're two separate games and GTAV hasn't received any content since... forever while GTAO has, is proof they're not the same game.

Again, I agree with your ultimate point.
His ultimate point became pretty much irrelevant the moment he used ubisoft and AC as the poster boy for "games as a service". Then compared it to the greatness that is gta 5. But to add on to what you're trying to explain to dude. He's getting multiplayer confused with single player. GTA5 online is just GTA5's multiplayer and that's it. It's just an added bonus to an epic single player game, just like GTA4 and the last gen AC games multiplayers. The guy doesn't seem to know that much about gta5 lol. But anyway, the fact that he tried to compare the quality(and fun) of gta5 multiplayer and it's updates. To an assassins creed "games as a service" model is hilarious!! I love the AC games for what they are. All games just aren't meant to be played forever(high replay value). But they simply don't have the depth or amount of love put into their games as rockstar. Even without the constant updates or multiplayer, GTA 5 broke records at day 1 release. No silly BS tactics or anything. You had the game and collectors/gold edition. People put more hours into the game than any of the current gen AC games combined IN JUST ONE PLAY THROUGH. Multiplayer was just icing on the epic cake, which brought even more attention to the game after it was added. The shark cards were only added later on because casuals and flat out lazy players Begged Rockstar to add them. I'd see tons of people on their forums everyday asking to pay real money for in game money. To a point where it became annoying. Even after they added them they complained about the small amounts of money they were able to get in one transaction. So they made even bigger shark cards for the whale's that were constantly complaining about not being able to throw ENOUGH money at them lol. Rockstar even playfully mocked them by the names they gave the big cards.

My point is,the crazy amount of money the game made. Combined with the microtransactions(THAT THE COMMUNITY ASKED FOR) in it's multiplayer. They were able to constantly create content(quality/fun content) and update for free. All of this from 1 single purchase of the game. Absolutely no need to charge extra for nothing. People are still buying this game and it's not just for the multiplayer. Make a quality game, listen to the fans, and don't rush. This will gain you a loyal die hard fan base who will throw money at you every release. All of the praise you will receive will bring in even more fans/$$$. No need to spend a lot of time, energy, and focus on being sneaky/greedy. This does nothing but hurt you and your product in the long run. Which will hurt us, the fans as well. Which is what's happening to AC right now. They've lost the trust of the very people who put this game in the position it's in.

ummmm, with your personality, i'm gonna suggest you don't play GTA5. Especially the multiplayer, this type of game is made for the more aggressive and raw types(like myself). If you're triggered by my light humor, sarcasm, and bluntness. You will have a heart attack playing GTA5 lol.

joelsantos24
09-04-2018, 11:58 AM
She's not gonna listen bruh. (..)
Well, I don't even know what happened and how it started, in the first place. That's the point. I was addressing your quote/post, out of the sudden I'm being called out for something in a very long post.

Anyway, moving on, some fans have told me before, that these Forums are now being monopolised by typical "fan service", and with the latest controversy with "21Kiloton" being censored by Ubisoft (https://twitter.com/21Kiloton/status/1006266553464184833), they might actually have a point. Every single negative consideration or criticism towards Ubisoft, is rapidly and readily attacked by the same two or three people, and just like you said, it even goes as far as blaming the customers for simply protesting. I particularly enjoy the "even if these monetisation schemes are bad, it's all optional" type of argument. Sure, no one is pointing a weapon at you and forcing you to buy. On the other hand, you can say that about anything, really. Nonetheless, no one releases/commercialises anything that they really don't want to sell. And even so, if the optional content isn't really necessary, and they always go as far as officially saying as much, then why are they selling it? And what exactly are they selling, in the first place?

It's also funny, because now you don't even get a base game and a special, deluxe edition. No, you get, at least, six different versions, and so convoluted and wrapped in mystery and doubt, that fans even get to the point of having to build spreadsheets to clarify everything (LOOOL). It' not just AC, though, TD2 is another great example. Oh, Ubisoft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20BNKG9Gx4&t=717s

ProdiGurl
09-04-2018, 01:27 PM
ummmm, with your personality, i'm gonna suggest you don't play GTA5. Especially the multiplayer, this type of game is made for the more aggressive and raw types(like myself). If you're triggered by my light humor, sarcasm, and bluntness. You will have a heart attack playing GTA5 lol.
Totally rude & uncalled for -GTA is a game - it isn't a forum with decorum & rules... maybe you don't grasp proper etiquette & setting?
Or maybe you've played a little too much of GTA & are gaining some bad habits?
When you come in acting like a total Troll, expect to be called out on it. And in fact, I think that makes a great quality for playing GTA.
Stick to topics

ProdiGurl
09-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Well, I don't even know what happened and how it started, in the first place. That's the point. I was addressing your quote/post, out of the sudden I'm being called out for something in a very long post.

Anyway, moving on, some fans have told me before, that these Forums are now being monopolised by typical "fan service", and with the latest controversy with "21Kiloton" being censored by Ubisoft (https://twitter.com/21Kiloton/status/1006266553464184833), they might actually have a point. Every single negative consideration or criticism towards Ubisoft, is rapidly and readily attacked by the same two or three people, and just like you said, it even goes as far as blaming the customers for simply protesting. I particularly enjoy the "even if these monetisation schemes are bad, it's all optional" type of argument. Sure, no one is pointing a weapon at you and forcing you to buy. On the other hand, you can say that about anything, really.

That can easily be turned around to say the same few people here are doing nothing but criticizing & complaining about everything - why should one only be allowed to voice their side while the other can't if they disagree or simply add broader perspective to it? And I think the term "attacked" is rather exaggerated.
It works both ways & this is continually brought up.
& even worse, someone's trolling members for it too. (which went ignored).

edit - and since you CAN say that about everything, does that make everything a company monetizes on a bad thing too? If it's completely optional for additional items/services, how does it harm or abuse you?

joelsantos24
09-04-2018, 02:24 PM
That can easily be turned around to say the same few people here are doing nothing but criticizing & complaining about everything - why should one only be allowed to voice their side while the other can't if they disagree or simply add broader perspective to it? And I think the term "attacked" is rather exaggerated.
It works both ways & this is continually brought up.
& even worse, someone's trolling members for it too. (which went ignored).

edit - and since you CAN say that about everything, does that make everything a company monetizes on a bad thing too? If it's completely optional for additional items/services, how does it harm or abuse you?
Maybe there are reasons to criticise. Then again, maybe not. But why does one side have a broader perspective than the other? Are you saying the others (we?) are shortsighted? Also, many fans are being censored around the Forums and even on other platforms, just by criticising Ubisoft. I also don't understand your "trolling" reference. I suppose you're talking about me? Ok... I don't really know where I was trolling anyone, but whatever, if I was, I apologise.

Anyway, this is a Thread opened by people who feel ripped-off. I believe that's a legitimate point-of-view. Who are we, to say a person shouldn't feel ripped-off, and therefore, shouldn't protest? Shizzle does have a point on a distinct aspect: in order to argue this topic, people are starting to blame the customers. I'm curious why you quoted half of my statement, because what was left out, has tremendous significance, and is even the crux of the problem. People say these extras are considered optional, and that their impact on the game experience is negligible. But if it's so, then why sell it? If it's all negligible and insignificant, then, are they scamming the fans? I think it's obvious that these optional elements are significant, hence why they're being monetised, in the first place. Referencing TD2 as a blatant example: in a looter-shooter, inventory space is king, so, monetising it is yet another greedy, bold-faced move. There're many, other examples in other games.

Also, why do we need six special editions? That is, excluding the special regional or country-specific deals, in which case, there're more. It's simple: because companies such as Ubisoft tear apart their games, selling the bare minimum as the "base game", only to sell the rest as extras and capitalise on hype and peer pressure. Some fans throw >120€ for an Ultimate Edition, then talk or brag about it to their friends, and these feel induced into spending the same amount, or otherwise they'll be missing out. On a side-note, it's also funny, to name something as ultimate, because you get two additional, different editions above that tier. That is to say, ultimate isn't really ultimate, anymore.

Labelling extras as optional, is slapping the fans on their faces. These optional extras were part of the base game, and are part of the base game, I should say. So, you're paying the same amount of money for a mere sample of what used to constitute the base game. Because companies such as EA, Ubisoft and Activision want to earn 50-60% more on what they label as extras, but that we all know are part of the original, core game. That's how this harms us, customers.

FlyingMan78
09-04-2018, 04:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1d5U044oi3pr4M3zOu/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/WwfIOK8FU82rPuwksJ/giphy.gif

ProdiGurl
09-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Maybe there are reasons to criticise. Then again, maybe not. But why does one side have a broader perspective than the other? Are you saying the others (we?) are shortsighted? Also, many fans are being censored around the Forums and even on other platforms, just by criticising Ubisoft. I also don't understand your "trolling" reference. I suppose you're talking about me? Ok... I don't really know where I was trolling anyone, but whatever, if I was, I apologise.

Anyway, this is a Thread opened by people who feel ripped-off. I believe that's a legitimate point-of-view. Who are we, to say a person shouldn't feel ripped-off, and therefore, shouldn't protest? Shizzle does have a point on a distinct aspect: in order to argue this topic, people are starting to blame the customers. I'm curious why you quoted half of my statement, because what was left out, has tremendous significance, and is even the crux of the problem. People say these extras are considered optional, and that their impact on the game experience is negligible. But if it's so, then why sell it? If it's all negligible and insignificant, then, are they scamming the fans? I think it's obvious that these optional elements are significant, hence why they're being monetised, in the first place. Referencing TD2 as a blatant example: in a looter-shooter, inventory space is king, so, monetising it is yet another greedy, bold-faced move. There're many, other examples in other games.

Also, why do we need six special editions? That is, excluding the special regional or country-specific deals, in which case, there're more. It's simple: because companies such as Ubisoft tear apart their games, selling the bare minimum as the "base game", only to sell the rest as extras and capitalise on hype and peer pressure. Some fans throw >120€ for an Ultimate Edition, then talk or brag about it to their friends, and these feel induced into spending the same amount, or otherwise they'll be missing out. On a side-note, it's also funny, to name something as ultimate, because you get two additional, different editions above that tier. That is to say, ultimate isn't really ultimate, anymore.

Labelling extras as optional, is slapping the fans on their faces. These optional extras were part of the base game, and are part of the base game, I should say. So, you're paying the same amount of money for a mere sample of what used to constitute the base game. Because companies such as EA, Ubisoft and Activision want to earn 50-60% more on what they label as extras, but that we all know are part of the original, core game. That's how this harms us, customers.

I'm not saying there aren't reasons to criticize, but you seem to be saying there aren't reasons to disagree or respond critically to those criticisms.
If you want an echo chamber, maybe don't post your negative opinions in an open forum. This keeps coming up as if only complaining is valid and welcome?

Technically, the OP is about the Ultimate Edition being a 'rip off'.... some agreed, some didn't (as I remember). I wasn't aware that the AC forum was an exclusive club for complaints-only gamers.

No, I was not referring you as a troller. You're definitely not, it was the other poster who I mentioned trolling in. You're very civil and considerate. =)

I'm not understanding why 6 editions is a negative thing? AC has been pushing 'Choice" as a direction they want to head into so I would think offering more package combinations would be a good thing. Take your pick - I don't know why this is criticized at all? If they had fewer, it would be "why didn't Ubi add more options since I don't want _____ but I do want this ______" ?
Again they can't do anything without negative comments. I seriously do not understand this type of outlook?
To me it's as if someone goes thru Tshirts on Amazon and says, "look at this, they offer this in 12 different colors - all I want is black".
I only get Standard version, so I don't need any of their other Editions but I have no reason to complain about what may better suit other gamers.

The same thing happens with Movies & tv shows... they get EDITED for time & content. All that content may have posed a pacing/Leveling issue & was too much (that's the problem I had in Origins) - I had already skipped over tons of other side missions & activities). You have no idea, Devs haven't told you why but you leap to the negative.

The extras that got thrown on the cutting room floor goes to Optional content in a game or something they build something else around.
It's not quite the same, but in movies/tv series, they'll use those edited scenes, etc. as the extra content you get in a DVD when you buy it. They can only make the game or movie so long.
Next thing you know, people will be complaining that the game is just too darn long or something.
Someone (I think Olympus?) posted that OD would be about 100 hrs. to complete... that's not a game that's cut way too short to give us a skeleton of a game that we don't get our money's worth. Plus the map is larger than Origins & 1 video I watched said there were 50 Mercs? Honestly, I don't see how you can complain that some edited content they don't put in the game is ripping us off as DLC or optional material. None of us have played the game to see how many hours it takes.

Glass 1/2 empty vs. glass 1/2 full.

Olympus2018
09-04-2018, 05:37 PM
It makes sense, right?.... Social stealth, leap of faith and other trivia are more important than the CORE idea behind AC which is that you play the role of an assassin in a historical setting in Rome, Paris, London, Alexandria, Athens etc. The obsession with social stealth and the leap of faith is staggering. As AC is getting more and more mature and evolves into a huge open world RPG, its target group will have a higher age and that will discourage teens but will attract more adults. That is the real problem. Complaining about trivia stuff is childish. Once again, value for money is number one: 100 euros for a game that you will be enjoying for a year or more, makes more sense than a short action game that will cost you 50 euros and you will only play for one month.

MnemonicSyntax
09-04-2018, 05:54 PM
No one is being censored on the forums. If their posts are removed, it's because they broke a rule, not because they criticized Ubisoft.

Maybe the criticism doesn't need expletives or rudeness and insults?

Saying things like "what idiot thought this was a good idea" or "fire the devs!" Is not constructive criticism.

It's telling when the go-to response for actually liking something is some sort of insult or rude response from the other side.

As for a broader perspective, most people are saying "let's wait and see" while the other side is saying "it already sucks, because previous iterations also sucked for XYZ reason."

My biggest question is, if previous versions suck, Ubisoft is just plain greedy, this version sucks, etc. why are you still here?

If you think this is some sort of sounding board for your issues, it certainly can be. But devs are people too. The ones that see these boards are not the marketing team, not the team that decides price increases, bundled versions, etc. They may get this info, but it's mostly a dedicated team of customer service that pssses along info thst they can.

And not all of it is just magically changed, either. Issues aren't necessarily ignored, but beyond the control of the people here and sometimes can't be changed for whatever reason.

If you feel that this game is a rip off, vote with your wallet. If Ubisoft is that greedy, according to some of you then that's the best way to hit them, where it hurts.

If you want to express your frustrations, people tend to take it better if they aren't insulted or cussed at.

There's a lot of comparison to other companies and what they do, and Ubisoft is trying to improve on the customer service level. But it's not an overnight thing.

I don't think communication should be a chore and certainly not something you end up despising others over, for just having a difference of opinion.

Olympus2018
09-05-2018, 10:39 AM
No one is being censored on the forums. If their posts are removed, it's because they broke a rule, not because they criticized Ubisoft.

Saying things like "what idiot thought this was a good idea" or "fire the devs!" Is not constructive criticism.

It's telling when the go-to response for actually liking something is some sort of insult or rude response from the other side.

As for a broader perspective, most people are saying "let's wait and see" while the other side is saying "it already sucks, because previous iterations also sucked for XYZ reason."

My biggest question is, if previous versions suck, Ubisoft is just plain greedy, this version sucks, etc. why are you still here?

If you think this is some sort of sounding board for your issues, it certainly can be. But devs are people too. The ones that see these boards are not the marketing team, not the team that decides price increases, bundled versions, etc. They may get this info, but it's mostly a dedicated team of customer service that pssses along info thst they can.

And not all of it is just magically changed, either. Issues aren't necessarily ignored, but beyond the control of the people here and sometimes can't be changed for whatever reason.

If you feel that this game is a rip off, vote with your wallet. If Ubisoft is that greedy, according to some of you then that's the best way to hit them, where it hurts.

If you want to express your frustrations, people tend to take it better if they aren't insulted or cussed at.

There's a lot of comparison to other companies and what they do, and Ubisoft is trying to improve on the customer service level. But it's not an overnight thing.

I don't think communication should be a chore and certainly not something you end up despising others over, for just having a difference of opinion.

It's the first time I can agree with you.

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Totally rude & uncalled for -GTA is a game - it isn't a forum with decorum & rules... maybe you don't grasp proper etiquette & setting?
Or maybe you've played a little too much of GTA & are gaining some bad habits?
When you come in acting like a total Troll, expect to be called out on it. And in fact, I think that makes a great quality for playing GTA.
Stick to topics
Dang!!!! you really told me.
thanks mom!

Thanks dad, great advice, like always. Where would posters be without your all mighty wisdom? Ubisoft is working hard on customer service, which is why they turned an ACTION ADVENTURE GAME into an RPG. Progress!!!

ProdiGurl
09-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Dang!!!! you really told me.
thanks mom!

O my bad, you seem to prefer hate & rude insults but not everyone wants to be a Troll.
#SorryNotSorry

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-06-2018, 01:57 PM

Anyway, moving on, some fans have told me before, that these Forums are now being monopolised by typical "fan service", and with the latest controversy with "21Kiloton" being censored by Ubisoft (https://twitter.com/21Kiloton/status/1006266553464184833), they might actually have a point. Every single negative consideration or criticism towards Ubisoft, is rapidly and readily attacked by the same two or three people, and just like you said, it even goes as far as blaming the customers for simply protesting. I particularly enjoy the "even if these monetisation schemes are bad, it's all optional" type of argument. Sure, no one is pointing a weapon at you and forcing you to buy. On the other hand, you can say that about anything, really. Nonetheless, no one releases/commercialises anything that they really don't want to sell. And even so, if the optional content isn't really necessary, and they always go as far as officially saying as much, then why are they selling it? And what exactly are they selling, in the first place?

It's also funny, because now you don't even get a base game and a special, deluxe edition. No, you get, at least, six different versions, and so convoluted and wrapped in mystery and doubt, that fans even get to the point of having to build spreadsheets to clarify everything (LOOOL). It' not just AC, though, TD2 is another great example. Oh, Ubisoft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20BNKG9Gx4&t=717s
No matter how much proof is presented, it simply wont register until the crap hits the fan. They have to pull a bungie or E.A before they see any kind of issue. They don't care enough about gaming as we do. They don't have the same passion or connection to it as us. They could care less about the dumbing down and corporate takeover of gaming. All the power we have to work with now is pretty much going to waste. Because the industry is so toxic and casuals are keeping it that way smh. Dude in here said AC is getting "bigger" and "better" lol. Yeah it's getting bigger, but not better. Same for most games this generation. Mass effect is one example of many. Games are so chopped up and rushed out the door this generation. You keep hearing "bigger map" and "100 hours". When real gamers have noticed an obvious pattern of bigger world, more emptyness. Longer run time, more of the same boring/lazy things to do over and over. AC Origins seemed like they spent so much time making the world pretty, the "ACO in game store", loot box(messing up the economy, guiding you to the store), and chopping up content. That they forgot about the actual game itself lol. Origins could have been soooo much better. Big ol pretty map with pretty much nothing to do in it SMH. Now we have a less talented team who had less time....SMH.

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

MnemonicSyntax
09-06-2018, 04:04 PM
No matter how much proof is presented, it simply wont register until the crap hits the fan. They have to pull a bungie or E.A before they see any kind of issue. They don't care enough about gaming as we do. They don't have the same passion or connection to it as us. They could care less about the dumbing down and corporate takeover of gaming. All the power we have to work with now is pretty much going to waste. Because the industry is so toxic and casuals are keeping it that way smh. Dude in here said AC is getting "bigger" and "better" lol. Yeah it's getting bigger, but not better. Same for most games this generation. Mass effect is one example of many. Games are so chopped up and rushed out the door this generation. You keep hearing "bigger map" and "100 hours". When real gamers have noticed an obvious pattern of bigger world, more emptyness. Longer run time, more of the same boring/lazy things to do over and over. AC Origins seemed like they spent so much time making the world pretty, the "ACO in game store", loot box(messing up the economy, guiding you to the store), and chopping up content. That they forgot about the actual game itself lol. Origins could have been soooo much better. Big ol pretty map with pretty much nothing to do in it SMH. Now we have a less talented team who had less time....SMH.

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying here, except the "loot boxes" thing.

ACO is the first game (in the selection of games I play) that I've seen that have done it right. Sure, that extra stuff costs money, but it's far better than Overwatch. You're not paying actual money and literally gambling on what you may not even want.

And yes, the prices are high. I've said before I would have preferred all of it go into a season pass.

But it's a lot of content too. It's stuff that takes time to draw, come up with, approve, etc. People keep calling it loot boxes when it's more like small DLC items. Which isn't a new thing.

Regardless, there's a divide here. And it's really not your place to decide which gamers are passionate or have any sort of connection because the people who are buying these are deciding if they're worth it or not with their money.

The "loot box controversy" with ACO isn't a thing because all of it is up to the player. Deciding if something is worth it or not is part of everyday purchases in life.

I mean, Joel's complaint that if it's optional then why does it cost anything is because it's not something that just magically appears. It's not something they threw together. It can take days, even weeks to make some of the costumes that the ACO store offers. Kotaku had an article about it recently and showed off a lot of art from the store. All that has to go through processes, be approved, and then created, colored, etc.

It's optional and it costs because it's cosmetic. You don't lose out on anything in the game based off this if you don't buy it. There's better weapons in-game than what the store offers. Mounts are all cosmetic.

So the entire argument flies out the window when it's something you want. I collect action figures. Well if I want a second action figure, I have to pay for that too. It doesn't come in a package, unless that cost is calculated together in a bundle.

And then it's still paid for.

There's all this talk about "passion" and "dedication" when it's only one-sided. Maybe think about the devs from time to time and the work they pour into these games? Just a thought.

Thanks dad, great advice, like always. Where would posters be without your all mighty wisdom? Ubisoft is working hard on customer service, which is why they turned an ACTION ADVENTURE GAME into an RPG. Progress!!!

From experience at Ubisoft, customer service and the dev team are not the same people.

As for the rest of it, you can't please everyone. You just can't. I've said this thousands of times, but there is a developer vision. They've talked in interviews that an RPG route is the way they want to take it.

Unfortunately, you will not like that answer, but it's the truth man. Game devs do listen to people, and they try their hardest with everyone's requests (and demands even) but you have to realize not everything is realistically possible.

This is the way they want to take the franchise. It's their franchise. That's going to leave some people behind and gain new ones. I can't say for certain at this point if it's positive or negative for the company as a whole.

We know it's a negative for you. But you aren't their only customer.

Again, part of putting yourself in the dev's shoes for once.

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-07-2018, 12:36 AM
I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying here, except the "loot boxes" thing.

ACO is the first game (in the selection of games I play) that I've seen that have done it right. Sure, that extra stuff costs money, but it's far better than Overwatch. You're not paying actual money and literally gambling on what you may not even want.

And yes, the prices are high. I've said before I would have preferred all of it go into a season pass.

But it's a lot of content too. It's stuff that takes time to draw, come up with, approve, etc. People keep calling it loot boxes when it's more like small DLC items. Which isn't a new thing.

Regardless, there's a divide here. And it's really not your place to decide which gamers are passionate or have any sort of connection because the people who are buying these are deciding if they're worth it or not with their money.

The "loot box controversy" with ACO isn't a thing because all of it is up to the player. Deciding if something is worth it or not is part of everyday purchases in life.

I mean, Joel's complaint that if it's optional then why does it cost anything is because it's not something that just magically appears. It's not something they threw together. It can take days, even weeks to make some of the costumes that the ACO store offers. Kotaku had an article about it recently and showed off a lot of art from the store. All that has to go through processes, be approved, and then created, colored, etc.

It's optional and it costs because it's cosmetic. You don't lose out on anything in the game based off this if you don't buy it. There's better weapons in-game than what the store offers. Mounts are all cosmetic.

So the entire argument flies out the window when it's something you want. I collect action figures. Well if I want a second action figure, I have to pay for that too. It doesn't come in a package, unless that cost is calculated together in a bundle.

And then it's still paid for.

There's all this talk about "passion" and "dedication" when it's only one-sided. Maybe think about the devs from time to time and the work they pour into these games? Just a thought.
This went over your head, let me break it down for you.

The way ubisoft handled their loot box was strategic, and designed to fool people like you. Who just haven't been paying that much attention to the sneaky greedy side of the industry. The only reason why it appears harmless is because it's a watered down version of how E.A/bungie implemented them. This was done ONLY because of the heat E.A was getting at the time, trust me! But here's the other huge problem loot boxes in "OPEN WORLD" games that APPEAR to be harmless cause. It messes with the economy and it drives a large portion of people to the "IN GAME STORE". This usually goes unnoticed to the people who don't pay attention to it.

This is how the loot box in origins ultimately effects the game in a negative way(This directly relates to what Joel explained). They PURPOSELY tweaked the economy in a way where it would take you forever to gain enough money/crafting materials to get what you wanted. When people found strategies to actually get more money/crafting mats, guess what ubisoft QUICKLY decided to do...? In some updates they would eliminate these "fair in game tactics". People started to noticed this and I seen a lot of threads on here about it that "mysteriously" vanished(lol). On top of that they lowered the FAIR sale back price messing up the nice balance the game had. They also raised the price on everything, including the loot box gambling price.Last but not least, they rigged the loot box odds so low, that you would have to spend big bucks to just get a few of the coolest looking items locked behind the pay wall. The season pass also took a hit because they removed these items from it. They even got caught switching the wording around on the season passes description lol.

Anyway, no matter how less scummy they handled their loot box. It's still scummy and interferes with the quality/fun of the game. THEY DID NOT PUT THE LOOT BOX IN THE GAME AS AN "OPTION/CHOICE!" It's not there to enhance our gaming experience either. Believe it or not, customization is a big deal to a large portion of the gaming community. To me and you it's not such a big deal. Like Joel said, there's a reason why it's been "MONETIZED", instead of just being "unlocked" in game. We have "booster/time savers" for the casual and lazy gamers instead of "CHEAT CODES"(remember those? lol). There's people who are into this stuff so much that they just got to have it no matter what. Ubisoft is taking advantage of these people. It's only there to entice these people and get them to spend extra $$$. This stuff takes a good amount of focus off making the game as good as possible. So in the end, gamers lose.

(by the way, you don't really think all the cosmetic stuff were new creations do you.....? I don't think cut content and lazy reskins should cost so much or cost anything at all. Don't think this was all that difficult as you claim. Also ubisoft sold millions of $60 - $125 copies(NOT FREE TO PLAY/MOBILE GAMES), no need to charge for simple "cosmetics" smh.)

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-07-2018, 01:26 AM
It makes sense, right?.... Social stealth, leap of faith and other trivia are more important than the CORE idea behind AC which is that you play the role of an assassin in a historical setting in Rome, Paris, London, Alexandria, Athens etc. The obsession with social stealth and the leap of faith is staggering. As AC is getting more and more mature and evolves into a huge open world RPG, its target group will have a higher age and that will discourage teens but will attract more adults. That is the real problem. Complaining about trivia stuff is childish. Once again, value for money is number one: 100 euros for a game that you will be enjoying for a year or more, makes more sense than a short action game that will cost you 50 euros and you will only play for one month.
Said by no actual gamer ever. Keep it real, are you secretly a share holder.......? Ever heard the phrase "quality over quantity"?

Again, all games weren't made to be really long. Also games nowadays only last a month if you just blow through them playing non stop. The things you deemed "trivial" are things most core fans of the series cherish. It gives the series it's identity and it's soul. It's something people expect to be in every game. You are seriously removing elements that were a part of the "CORE IDEA" to fit your share holder narrative lol. SMH at AC getting "MORE MATURE", you mean the cringy cheesy over the top kick from the movie 300 that makes people fly 100 feet away? You mean removing nudity? You mean by sacrificing the traditional balance of fantasy/realism for full blown fantasy and using a piece of eden as an excuse? So now we flat out fighting real mythical beast/creatures in the CANON?(And don't even mention ACO. That was a dream sequence, a glich in the animus, and a DLC). Female spartan warriors running around ancient Greece.....? Having super powers....?

Yeah, this sounds like they're trying to attract a more mature audience....... lol that's it, i'm done here. This has gone too far! You are hilarious!!! You're exposing yourself more and more.

MnemonicSyntax
09-07-2018, 05:46 AM
This went over your head, let me break it down for you.

The way ubisoft handled their loot box was strategic, and designed to fool people like you. Who just haven't been paying that much attention to the sneaky greedy side of the industry. The only reason why it appears harmless is because it's a watered down version of how E.A/bungie implemented them. This was done ONLY because of the heat E.A was getting at the time, trust me! But here's the other huge problem loot boxes in "OPEN WORLD" games that APPEAR to be harmless cause. It messes with the economy and it drives a large portion of people to the "IN GAME STORE". This usually goes unnoticed to the people who don't pay attention to it.

This is how the loot box in origins ultimately effects the game in a negative way(This directly relates to what Joel explained). They PURPOSELY tweaked the economy in a way where it would take you forever to gain enough money/crafting materials to get what you wanted. When people found strategies to actually get more money/crafting mats, guess what ubisoft QUICKLY decided to do...? In some updates they would eliminate these "fair in game tactics". People started to noticed this and I seen a lot of threads on here about it that "mysteriously" vanished(lol). On top of that they lowered the FAIR sale back price messing up the nice balance the game had. They also raised the price on everything, including the loot box gambling price.Last but not least, they rigged the loot box odds so low, that you would have to spend big bucks to just get a few of the coolest looking items locked behind the pay wall. The season pass also took a hit because they removed these items from it. They even got caught switching the wording around on the season passes description lol.

Anyway, no matter how less scummy they handled their loot box. It's still scummy and interferes with the quality/fun of the game. THEY DID NOT PUT THE LOOT BOX IN THE GAME AS AN "OPTION/CHOICE!" It's not there to enhance our gaming experience either. Believe it or not, customization is a big deal to a large portion of the gaming community. To me and you it's not such a big deal. Like Joel said, there's a reason why it's been "MONETIZED", instead of just being "unlocked" in game. We have "booster/time savers" for the casual and lazy gamers instead of "CHEAT CODES"(remember those? lol). There's people who are into this stuff so much that they just got to have it no matter what. Ubisoft is taking advantage of these people. It's only there to entice these people and get them to spend extra $$$. This stuff takes a good amount of focus off making the game as good as possible. So in the end, gamers lose.

(by the way, you don't really think all the cosmetic stuff were new creations do you.....? I don't think cut content and lazy reskins should cost so much or cost anything at all. Don't think this was all that difficult as you claim. Also ubisoft sold millions of $60 - $125 copies(NOT FREE TO PLAY/MOBILE GAMES), no need to charge for simple "cosmetics" smh.)

Nah, it didn't go over my head. Most of this is fear that a company is going to take up the practices that another company is doing. Very much a "the sky is falling" sort of scenario when there's no real evidence of that (at least in Origins. I don't pay attention to the Division.)

It's funny how people want Ubisoft to be like some companies more in order to get freebies ("CDPR gives us this for free!") while they don't want them to be like other companies when it comes to paying for something. (EA does this and they're greedy!") yet Ubisoft is like neither of them.

At the end of the day, no one is making you buy anything. If you feel like it's necessary, maybe you're weak willed?

I digress though.

We've gone down this road before.

You contradict yourself when you say that the "loot boxes" aren't put into the game as an option/choice, and then say they don't enhance the play experience either.

The latter is absolutely correct. They're cosmetics. I've been saying that since day 1. But they aren't required and you do have the choice to get them.

The only problem would be completionists that want to collect all the packs. I never did that. I bought what I wanted and found the weapons to be lacking.

Regardless, your entire diatribe still falls back on one problem. Choice. There isn't a requirement to get any of it. If it entices you, then buy it outright.

That's why I call them mini-DLCs and not lootboxes.

I'd rather pay for something outright, than keep putting down real-world money and hope I get it.

So now we flat out fighting real mythical beast/creatures in the CANON?

No, those are people "possessed" by the PoEs to become "sentries" of them, to prevent others from getting them.

Figured I'd correct you on that one.

Olympus2018
09-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Said by no actual gamer ever. Keep it real, are you secretly a share holder.......? Ever heard the phrase "quality over quantity"?

Again, all games weren't made to be really long. Also games nowadays only last a month if you just blow through them playing non stop. The things you deemed "trivial" are things most core fans of the series cherish. It gives the series it's identity and it's soul. It's something people expect to be in every game. You are seriously removing elements that were a part of the "CORE IDEA" to fit your share holder narrative lol. SMH at AC getting "MORE MATURE", you mean the cringy cheesy over the top kick from the movie 300 that makes people fly 100 feet away? You mean removing nudity? You mean by sacrificing the traditional balance of fantasy/realism for full blown fantasy and using a piece of eden as an excuse? So now we flat out fighting real mythical beast/creatures in the CANON?(And don't even mention ACO. That was a dream sequence, a glich in the animus, and a DLC). Female spartan warriors running around ancient Greece.....? Having super powers....?

Yeah, this sounds like they're trying to attract a more mature audience....... lol that's it, i'm done here. This has gone too far! You are hilarious!!! You're exposing yourself more and more.

If you are a gamer, I am a Shinobi, period. You sound like a 10-year old who has no idea about businesses. The game is 99% history and 1% mythology. Just like in Origins, most of your enemies are humans. You only fight a few deities for fun. What's wrong with that? Odyssey is for mature audiences. The Spartan kick was adopted from 300. Was 300 a movie for kids with so much violence and nudity? I don't think so. Odyssey is not a simple cartoonish game aimed at children. It has a complex RPG system of progress, abilities and hiring. Also you can't seem to grasp the concept of HISTORICAL RECONSTRUCTION of an entire civilization like that of ancient Greece or Egypt in the case of Origins. You think it is easy to reconstruct architecture, language, people's clothing etc. and keep it as accurate as possible, based on advice from archaeologists, historians etc.? This is not God of War or any other cartoonish game you have probably played. It's Assassin's Creed. Learn the difference....

Another concept you need to understand is value for money. 50 dollars for a 50 hour game which is what you probably want is extremely bad value for money. That would be 1 hour of gameplay for each dollar you paid. Odyssey + season pass will be around 100 euros and thanks to dialog tree options and DLCs and the vast open world map, the game will be playable for hundreds of hours; many gamers will be spending 1000 hours or more. That is GOOD value for money (10 hours for every euro/dollar you paid).

ProdiGurl
09-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Nah, it didn't go over my head. Most of this is fear that a company is going to take up the practices that another company is doing. Very much a "the sky is falling" sort of scenario when there's no real evidence of that (at least in Origins. I don't pay attention to the Division.)

It's funny how people want Ubisoft to be like some companies more in order to get freebies ("CDPR gives us this for free!") while they don't want them to be like other companies when it comes to paying for something. (EA does this and they're greedy!") yet Ubisoft is like neither of them.

At the end of the day, no one is making you buy anything. If you feel like it's necessary, maybe you're weak willed?

I digress though.

You contradict yourself when you say that the "loot boxes" aren't put into the game as an option/choice, and then say they don't enhance the play experience either.

The latter is absolutely correct. They're cosmetics. I've been saying that since day 1. But they aren't required and you do have the choice to get them.

The only problem would be completionists that want to collect all the packs. I never did that. I bought what I wanted and found the weapons to be lacking.

Regardless, your entire diatribe still falls back on one problem. Choice. There isn't a requirement to get any of it. If it entices you, then buy it outright.

I'd rather pay for something outright, than keep putting down real-world money and hope I get it.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
I lose track of where I post what, but I had mentioned one factor most gamers like this person ignore - their own greed. While they point & attack Ubi (or whoever) for being greedy.
They seem to think they're owed all this stuff by a gaming company as if they're a charity. Entitlement syndrome. Loot boxes don't tempt me in the least. I DID want a unicorn in Origins pretty badly tho - but I don't dwell or obsess on what I want & I most certainly don't attack Ubi for not giving me that Unicorn for free.

If someone has time and wants to make some of their content free, great. But to shame & attack others who don't, doesn't float. It doesn't make them Monsters. Companies create and use advertising to ENTICE us to buy their products/services every day. Turn on a TV and watch a block of commercials. Businesses sell stuff.

DS: Again, all games weren't made to be really long. Also games nowadays only last a month if you just blow through them playing non stop.
Only last a month. :rolleyes: I sort of agree that games weren't initially created to be long . . but when prices kept going up and cost alot more $$, we started expecting longer games than 30 hours ... and some replay value is always appreciated. If people have 12+ hours to sink into gaming per day, great, but it's their choice to blow thru it quicker. I like to enjoy my games & my investment in them.

DS: (by the way, you don't really think all the cosmetic stuff were new creations do you.....? I don't think cut content and lazy reskins should cost so much or cost anything at all.
Back to this again... how do you know exactly which items are "cut" or not ... and if they're such crap, DON"T BUY IT - and why do people still want it? I guess if it's handed to you for free, maybe it's not so crappy,

If it wasn't so early, I'd make a new meme "show me on the doll where Ubi hurt you".
Buy & play the Standard game. No frills, no bells or whistles. Fight the urges to want more/other stuff and nobody will be ripped off & disappointed.

DS: Last but not least, they rigged the loot box odds so low, that you would have to spend big bucks to just get a few of the coolest looking items locked behind the pay wall.
Please don't go to to Vegas... or any other Casino becuz the odds are never in your favor and designed that way.

cawatrooper9
09-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Everyone.

Enough with the personal insults.

OxIdOAC
09-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Damn right... Enough...:p

DA SHIZZLE IG
09-14-2018, 06:28 AM

I digress though.

No, those are people "possessed" by the PoEs to become "sentries" of them, to prevent others from getting them.

Figured I'd correct you on that one.[/FONT][/COLOR]
See, this is what you do when you don't fully understand the conversation. You ignore the main point and start talking around things.Then when somebody lays it out for you as simple as possible you try and change the narrative. At 1st your argument was about "CHOICE" and how ubisofts choice of unnecessary editions weren't sneaky or a rip off. The thread creator and a few others clearly saw that you missed the point and it went over your head.You then asked them to explain the issue, they perfectly laid it out for you, with good examples. Instead of just leaving it at that you then try to change the narrative in your favor by saying he pre orded it. In order to discredit his argument to make your "choice" argument fact. He then proceeded to point out that he never claimed that he pre ordered anything and wondered where you got that from. What did you do after that....? Completely ignored it and then changed the subject lol.

All I did was break down to you that these irrelevant and unnecessary things implemented in our games are toxic. You stated talking that "choice" stuff again and acted as if it was harmless and we all were just entitled spoiled brats. I broke it down to you little by little how it's destroying the quality of games. I even spoke on public knowledge and even shady things that happened on this very site(sneaky updates to origins). Look at your response, talking around the points, twisting my words, and changing the narrative to fit your argument.

This last line of you responding to my post to the other guy. Proves my point even further. This is you feeling salty and being petty. You completely understood my post but you purposely took it out of context to discredit it. When you're wrong about something, just admit it. If you don't fully understand something just say it, or say nothing at all.

If you are a gamer, I am a Shinobi, period. You sound like a 10-year old who has no idea about businesses. The game is 99% history and 1% mythology. Just like in Origins, most of your enemies are humans. You only fight a few deities for fun. What's wrong with that? Odyssey is for mature audiences. The Spartan kick was adopted from 300. Was 300 a movie for kids with so much violence and nudity? I don't think so. Odyssey is not a simple cartoonish game aimed at children. It has a complex RPG system of progress, abilities and hiring. Also you can't seem to grasp the concept of HISTORICAL RECONSTRUCTION of an entire civilization like that of ancient Greece or Egypt in the case of Origins. You think it is easy to reconstruct architecture, language, people's clothing etc. and keep it as accurate as possible, based on advice from archaeologists, historians etc.? This is not God of War or any other cartoonish game you have probably played. It's Assassin's Creed. Learn the difference....

Another concept you need to understand is value for money. 50 dollars for a 50 hour game which is what you probably want is extremely bad value for money. That would be 1 hour of gameplay for each dollar you paid. Odyssey + season pass will be around 100 euros and thanks to dialog tree options and DLCs and the vast open world map, the game will be playable for hundreds of hours; many gamers will be spending 1000 hours or more. That is GOOD value for money (10 hours for every euro/dollar you paid).
This killed your whole argument lol!!!!!!!!! NO YOU DIDN'T!!!! I see you're not being serious anymore so i'm just gonna end it here with you. I can't take you serious anymore after this. Any actual gamer who's played a good amount of RPG's will laugh at this. WOW!!!!!

Olympus2018
09-14-2018, 08:22 AM
This killed your whole argument lol!!!!!!!!! NO YOU DIDN'T!!!! I see you're not being serious anymore so i'm just gonna end it here with you. I can't take you serious anymore after this. Any actual gamer who's played a good amount of RPG's will laugh at this. WOW!!!!!

http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/talk-to-the-hand-iron-man-movie-hero-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

ermacos
09-14-2018, 06:10 PM

I have no idea what they teach you in your English schools, but mythology even as a definition does not apply to fantasy. This is basically the problem, you have no idea what that is.
If I ask you what TITAN is, you still believe that is a super hero with super powers. But again Titanes are planets!

The definition of myths is - True stories, transferred from a word of mouth into print (stone, papyrus, sand, paper, text document, whatsoever), you may have encountered a friend or a family member to experience something and he/she stories it with a fascinating way, eg an accident of a person and the story goes (a car crash full of blood and brains everywhere) and it ends up be some scratches only... Thats a myth (a true story from a word of mouth).

Allow me to help you a bit with some mythological figures in ancient Greece, very known globally.
Persephone that Hades took her as a wife.. Perseus + phonos (φόνος which means MURDER) = Persephone.. What Perseus murdered? Medusa... We use the name of Persephone as a reminder that Medusa died and imprisoned in Hades! Also many girls in Greece are called as Persephone, I find it one of the most beautiful names.
Medusa and the miriads of snakes on her head. It is not one deity! It is myriads of snakes/deities. Which they died in the very ancient war and Hades took them.. Instead of naming millions or billions of names, you say Medusa. Allow me to remind you a couple of black magic spells archeologists found in Israel few years back, with a reference to God Hermes, Persephone and Babylonian deities (evil demons). https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/archaeologists-find-ancient-magic-curse-tablet-jerusalem-00960

read the article is actual news of the findings of those tablets and let me help you UNDERSTAND IT, because this is how you understand what myths are. In the beginning the curse/spell calls Hermes who have the ability to move from dimension to another dimension... enter the realm of HADES, to go find Persephone (Persephone is Medusa, the minions of Medusa) and the spell goes on and it names specifically which minion of Medusa "Abrasax" and "Ereschigal" both deities (abra and eres) are minions who represent Medusa and therefore Persephone..!

So please do not call mythology as fantasy, fantasy is far far away from mythology. You could say a metaphoric way to express a real event or a person but not a sci-fi/fantasy thing.

(I gave you lots about Medusa to help you understand what Medusa is and has nothing to do with fantasy). And trust me child, this is quality content.

YazX_
09-14-2018, 07:27 PM
This thread is drifting from the original post, please refrain or i will have it locked.

Thanks

Lysette88
09-15-2018, 03:04 AM
Maybe you guys might not want to hear, what i am going to say - but with this game we get a vast open world with lots of activities, which are basically the best of several favorized AC games all in one, a game world, which is dynamic for the first time, where we can actually have an influence or even an impact on the ongoing war by supporting one or the other faction. it seems to have all the good things we loved in AC:Blackflag and AC:Rogue (well, we will see about that, maybe we will have a choice there as well) combined with all the enhancements, which came with AC:Origins and we will further see, how the service aspect of the game is further developed (events, story-chapters about every 6 weeks). And we are getting a remastered version of AC3 on top of it - so where is the rip off actually?-

OxIdOAC
09-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Maybe you guys might not want to hear, what i am going to say - but with this game we get a vast open world with lots of activities, which are basically the best of several favorized AC games all in one, a game world, which is dynamic for the first time, where we can actually have an influence or even an impact on the ongoing war by supporting one or the other faction. it seems to have all the good things we loved in AC:Blackflag and AC:Rogue (well, we will see about that, maybe we will have a choice there as well) combined with all the enhancements, which came with AC:Origins and we will further see, how the service aspect of the game is further developed (events, story-chapters about every 6 weeks). And we are getting a remastered version of AC3 on top of it - so where is the rip off actually?-

I am sorry, but you didn't quite understand what this thread is all about. Maybe you want to read it again...
As for AC 3 and Liberation remastered, must say it was a nice surprise, didn't see it coming, but personally never liked that Connor so - NO. But if they remastered Ezio trilogy (no, i don't mean that PS 4 remasters, which isn't actually remaster, just PC graphics uplift for PS 4) now that would be great.
And by remaster i mean Tomb Raider from 1996 and Tomb Raider Anniversary from 2007. Now that is what i call a real remaster of a single game.

Examples:

Tomb Raider Remaster

https://image.ibb.co/iS61hK/peru01.jpg (https://ibb.co/g0Viwe)

https://image.ibb.co/dKEnNK/peru04.jpg (https://ibb.co/fbOQ9z)

https://image.ibb.co/eZ0u2K/greece06.jpg (https://ibb.co/e383we)

https://image.ibb.co/k3TQ9z/egypt08.jpg (https://ibb.co/hEiE2K)

Ezio Trilogy Remaster

https://image.ibb.co/mqXVbe/ezio1.jpg (https://ibb.co/gTCk9z)

https://image.ibb.co/mk8Q9z/ezio2.jpg (https://ibb.co/hueXpz)

Lysette88
09-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Oh, I do understand what this thread is about - it is just complaining basically that the deluxe pack is not included in the gold edition, but that you have to buy the ultimate edition now for 10 bucks more. What I was saying is, that this can hardly be called a "rip off", we get more content with Odyssey gold than with Origins gold edition (a remastered version of AC3 with it) - and if you really want the deluxe pack, then buy the ultimate edition for 10 bucks more and don't make such a drama out of it. If you want that content, then simply buy it, it is not as if Ubisoft would charge a lot of money extra for it.

OxIdOAC
09-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Pointless....

Black_Widow9
09-16-2018, 07:25 PM
I am sorry, but you didn't quite understand what this thread is all about. Maybe you want to read it again...
As for AC 3 and Liberation remastered, must say it was a nice surprise, didn't see it coming, but personally never liked that Connor so - NO. But if they remastered Ezio trilogy (no, i don't mean that PS 4 remasters, which isn't actually remaster, just PC graphics uplift for PS 4) now that would be great.
And by remaster i mean Tomb Raider from 1996 and Tomb Raider Anniversary from 2007. Now that is what i call a real remaster of a single game.

Examples:

Tomb Raider Remaster

https://image.ibb.co/iS61hK/peru01.jpg (https://ibb.co/g0Viwe)

https://image.ibb.co/dKEnNK/peru04.jpg (https://ibb.co/fbOQ9z)

https://image.ibb.co/eZ0u2K/greece06.jpg (https://ibb.co/e383we)

https://image.ibb.co/k3TQ9z/egypt08.jpg (https://ibb.co/hEiE2K)

Ezio Trilogy Remaster

https://image.ibb.co/mqXVbe/ezio1.jpg (https://ibb.co/gTCk9z)

https://image.ibb.co/mk8Q9z/ezio2.jpg (https://ibb.co/hueXpz)
I see what you're saying except the Ezio Collection doesn't say it's a remaster in the title anywhere, it is an enhanced version. ;)

Assassin's Creed III will be a remastered, however.

Lysette88
09-16-2018, 10:53 PM
Black_Widow9, could you please tell us, if the remastered version will be available via steam download or if it will be Uplay exclusive like with other free Ubisoft games. Another question is, if all the DLC content is remastered as well - I own AC3 complete with all DLC content on steam and I would really prefer it, when the remastered version would be managed via steam as well.

OxIdOAC
09-17-2018, 04:47 AM
I see what you're saying except the Ezio Collection doesn't say it's a remaster in the title anywhere, it is an enhanced version. ;)

Assassin's Creed III will be a remastered, however.

Yeah, i know, that's what i was saying in my post, uplifted graphics, i made a mistake with titling Ezio examples though...
AC III real remaster you say, well now this is something i want to see... Like tomb Raider?

Olympus2018
09-17-2018, 09:58 AM
What is the definition of a remastered edition? What exactly does it mean? More resolution? What else?

Lysette88
09-17-2018, 03:16 PM
What is the definition of a remastered edition? What exactly does it mean? More resolution? What else?

IMO it is not just HD textures, but as well making use of newer shader models, improved lighting effects and overall make better use of modern hardware, which wasn't available at the time of the original release of the game. Eventually things like water quality and such could be modernized with better wave generators - this has improved a lot since AC3 was released. I guess, things like that make it.

x_Vex_x
09-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Personally, I'm going to get the Gold edition for $100 USD because $20 extra for cosmetics and boosts that knowing myself will only end up cluttering my inventory anyway is not worth it. The Season pass and playing 3 days "early" (Yes I acknowledge it's not actually early everyone else just plays 3 days late, it's scummy but honestly I want that lore ASAP lol) is what I care about most.

But I do agree, vote with your wallet.

OxIdOAC
09-17-2018, 03:53 PM
So, AC III Remaster is actually new textures with HD resolution over old 3D models?
Or, as i read somewhere, there will be a new graphic engine? Meaning complete 3D overhaul, of the old game?
If that's true, can you change that Connor dude somehow? I really can't stand him. Maybe into a girl? :cool: It's modern, nowdays....

ballon009
09-29-2018, 02:48 AM
I agree totally it is a massive frisking scam. This was one of my reason for boycotting this game. It is if UB is asking to go bankrupt

ProdiGurl
09-29-2018, 12:07 PM
So get the STANDARD game version then... no rip off there. And if you preorder, you get *free* bonuses from different sellers.
I'm getting a black unicorn, extra mission & the sales clerk at Gamestop said they'll have more Sparta helmet keychains which I really want to use to find my keys faster in the gym's lock box that's full of everyone's keys.

You don't lose anything with a regular game purchase. If you want extra's, they will cost. Enjoy the base game.

https://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/assassins_creed_bonusLG.jpg

timpbader
09-29-2018, 12:43 PM
The Gold Edition has quite a bit of content for the $ but Ultimate is a scummy cash grab.

WarriorNow
09-29-2018, 01:26 PM
wow that is lame all game stops shut down around me, wish PSN / Uplay would have added a legendary mount too

ProdiGurl
09-29-2018, 01:49 PM
wow that is lame all game stops shut down around me, wish PSN / Uplay would have added a legendary mount too
That sux! You can't call one farther away and maybe make arrangements for preorder with them?
I wanted a Unicorn so bad in Origins and I finally get one now!! I love that it's pure black instead of the Standard white unicorn too.
What I really hope is that it also runs faster than the regular mounts too, but it's fine if it doesn't.

This is also why I try to support GameStop when I purchase games. They had a great Cmas sale bundle when I needed my first XB1 so I got it bundled with Unity game. I buy all my new games thru GameStop but used/ older games on Amazon

WarriorNow
09-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Yeah already pre ordered on PSN oh well, guess i'll be able to get other legendary mounts in game sucks they let only certain companies make there own pre order rewards like that while the main suppliers give basically nothing extra like that which is odd, except for the mission

ProdiGurl
09-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Ohhh, sorry, I didn't pick up on that. my bad. Bummer. Ya, Gamestop had the best preorder this time, I'm thrilled!

OxIdOAC
09-29-2018, 03:50 PM
People, like i said before, don't mind that gimmicks that Ubisoft is giving to us in form of preorder bonuses, because in the end everything that was some kind of a preorder bonus or any form of community reward, becomes available later for free to everyone....

ProdiGurl
09-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Probably, but while I'm playing the game is when I want to have it. I don't do any DLC or season passes, etc., so I need the bonuses when I play the game.
For me, I need it at release time or at least by the time I'm replaying it.

seld2040
10-02-2018, 07:24 PM
I know why Ubi did this move, however i'm dissapointed. Gold Edition should be the "Ultimate" edition. No poin on being scummy and separating the deluxe items. I really hope it doesn't start a trend, because you shouldn't punish someone who wanted the steelbook with less content.

kauinoa
10-06-2018, 12:47 PM
His ultimate point became pretty much irrelevant the moment he used ubisoft and AC as the poster boy for "games as a service". Then compared it to the greatness that is gta 5. But to add on to what you're trying to explain to dude. He's getting multiplayer confused with single player. GTA5 ronline is just GTA5's multiplayer and that's it. It's just an added bonus to an epic single player game, just like GTA4 and the last gen AC games multiplayers. The guy doesn't seem to know that much about gta5 lol. But anyway, the fact that he tried to compare the quality(and fun) of gta5 multiplayer and it's updates. To an assassins creed "games as a service" model is hilarious!! I love the AC games for what they are. All games just aren't meant to be played forever(high replay value). But they simply don't have the depth or amount of love put into their games as rockstar. Even without the constant updates or multiplayer, GTA 5 broke records at day 1 release. No silly BS tactics or anything. You had the game and collectors/gold edition. People put more hours into the game than any of the current gen AC games combined IN JUST ONE PLAY THROUGH. Multiplayer was just icing on the epic cake, which brought even more attention to the game after it was added. The shark cards were only added later on because casuals and flat out lazy players Begged Rockstar to add them. I'd see tons of people on their forums everyday asking to pay real money for in game money. To a point where it became annoying. Even after they added them they complained about the small amounts of money they were able to get in one transaction. So they made even bigger shark cards for the whale's that were constantly complaining about not being able to throw ENOUGH money at them lol. Rockstar even playfully mocked them by the names they gave the big cards.

My point is,the crazy amount of money the game made. Combined with the microtransactions(THAT THE COMMUNITY ASKED FOR) in it's multiplayer. They were able to constantly create content(quality/fun content) and update for free. All of this from 1 single purchase of the game. Absolutely no need to charge extra for nothing. People are still buying this game and it's not just for the multiplayer. Make a quality game, listen to the fans, and don't rush. This will gain you a loyal die hard fan base who will throw money at you every release. All of the praise you will receive will bring in even more fans/$$$. No need to spend a lot of time, energy, and focus on being sneaky/greedy. This does nothing but hurt you and your product in the long run. Which will hurt us, the fans as well. Which is what's happening to AC right now. They've lost the trust of the very people who put this game in the position it's in.

Let me start by saying I don't care whether anyone buys or doesn't buy anything. I don't work for Ubisoft, I'm not a particular fan of any single company and this is just my thoughts on this whole thread.

I've decided to single you out because you are a) the most ironically insulting person I've seen in the thread and b) you talk the most. Seriously dude, the quips you throw out about your intelligence being Superior to whoever you're disagreeing with while you have at least one spelling or grammatical error per sentence is fantastic.

Anyway, since apparently we all have a right to be heard here's my two cents. I'll go ahead and break it down in separate points in order of what I think is the most ridiculous.

If you have a problem with Ubisoft, have no intention or preordering or even buying the game, and clearly take issue with anyone who does intend to preorder or purchase, why are you here? This goes for all of you because I legitimately don't understand. Why not go talk about something you do want to buy? And then maybe the forum would be a nice happy place.

Next is also very obvious. Ubisoft is a company. They are in the business of making money. All truly financially successful companies are. You're a big fan of CDPR? Great; their business model of making money by having fans that like their free approach is working. Ubisoft is filthy rich so I'm gonna go ahead and say their business model of selling stuff for more than some people want to pay is working too. If you can't afford the extra twenty bucks then buy one of the more regular versions. And don't bring the "he doesn't understand" nonsense here. I do. You don't like it, you don't like the trend, you prophesy the doom of video gaming. If enough people agree then Ubisoft will back off when their game doesn't sell. If the game sells it is by definition not overpriced since the price was clearly low enough to induce payment in enough people. That's business.

And on an off topic note - everything is a business people. If you're not a non profit then you're looking to make money. If you're successful then whatever you're doing is obviously working.

As for the trend of lower quality in gaming I will have to disagree. A few years ago you'd be correct but recently there has been a resurgence of quality story telling married to excellent graphical representation. I will say that having bought Odyssey (deluxe because I don't care about the rest of that stuff and I clearly don't think it's overpriced) it's most definitely not rushed or low quality. It is polished and smooth and the performance of the voice actors is excellent.

I know this post is a little old but I just read through it and was blown away by the level of nonsense being brought here. I hope you all have a nice day.

Play what you want, game how you want. Stop wasting time complaining about what you DON'T want and get out and do what you DO want.

Peace.

BlackwidowLXX3
10-08-2018, 10:12 AM
just wondering if anyone found their steelbook empty when the ultimate orders arrived

Feliciscognito
10-11-2018, 04:23 PM

It's also the market, I did personally buy the entire series apart from rogue. Game publishers now have the full game at 60, but the season pass [remainder of story] always tacks on a hefty fee. I held off on pre ordering this round just as I didnt have the extra Benjamin for Oct 5 gold edition. The sad thing like most are stating, the market will continue to treat consumers that way if we support game launches that rip us off. Now I definitely played origins and remember hours upon hours of content. So ultimately it comes down to multiple companies following this route but does Ubisoft put enough development into AC Odyssey for it to be worth it? That's how I choose to see it. I dished out around 99 for tomb raider as well, beat it in like three work filled days....but I love TR it has replayability and new content coming each month until April of next year. I personally found it worth it though I wish the base game had a longer story.

WarriorNow
10-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Got to admit they took a major step back from not giving 1 legendary item in Deluxe and nearly 4-5 in Origins deluxe sucked.