PDA

View Full Version : Siege mode on a bigger level-Moderators some help pls

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Dear Ubisoft and Dear Honor players,

I'm hyped and happy about the upcoming tons of new content, but Siege mode is here, we have a lot of time before release, lets make it bigger. Ubi mods and fellow Honor players, we need your help, voice (or typing), make Siege mode at least a 6 vs 6 if not 8 vs 8 as we hoped.

For honor is about the greatest battles in the medieval era, but the most giant fight is only a 4 vs 4? Make it on a larger scale, real monumental fights, just 6 vs 6, it would be amazing. For the balance, in this 6 vs 6 mode we would have single pick (so no cheesy and evil things with 6 raiders. or 6 lawbringers.) With single pick active team compositon would really matter, it could be your step to real Esports. It is as spectacular as intense. It is a brutal and endless war, imagine the end game when 6 heroes are charging six other one.

In the past Dear Ubisoft, you said we cant have bigger figths than 4 vs 4 because the lack of servers, but now you say: "Honor is really stable in multiplayer", we have dedicated servers, together we can implement more players to this new game mode. We would gladly hear that it will become a 6 vs 6 mode, thousands of new players would join, if they see there is a real big battle with more than 10 heroes in a fight.

For this 6 vs 6 we have to strenghen revenge, so you could hold your ground, until teammates arriv, against multiple enemies, we have plenty of time, but we have to act now.

Lets make this happen, help to become this dream true.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 01:29 PM
If the game was to go above 4v4s and into the realm of 6v6 or more, I donít think itís ready. If I recall this right, only the first stage of lag compensation is in, and I still have some lag issues in game. If there was 12 players going at it, I could imagine this would be worse. We need lag compensation to be fully completed and implemented before the game takes that step up.

Kamen42
06-12-2018, 01:41 PM
I like the idea, but maybe some time in the future. Bigger death balls? Unblockable spam and stun lock? I like the idea of bigger fights, but I don't think the game is ready. Hopefully it will be though.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 01:49 PM
I would love to see 6v6 or even 3v3v3 or 4v4v4 but imagine the gank fest we have a problem with death balls now let alone with more players.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 02:06 PM
6v6 would be cool but:

1) If it is single pick and faction locked how would the Wu Lin faction participate with only 4 heroes?

2) The game will struggle to keep 12 players all smoothly engaging each other without terrible amounts of lag. The maps would have to be made smaller and with less minions as a result to cut down on the processing cost.

3) We don't know how big the new Breach maps will be and how many minions, capture points and how many interactable weapons there will be on the map. Some of us would prefer bigger maps to fight in as a 4v4 rather than squeezing a 6v6 into the already cramped confines of the Dominion maps.

PDXGorechild
06-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Yep gotta agree. Was overjoyed when I realised it was siege mode, but it became bittersweet when I realised it would still only be 4 players per team.

If they flesh it out with NPC's to make it feel busier I guess that would help but meh, bit disappointed.

I haven't ever really had a problem with lag on For Honor PS4, and since the dedicated servers no re-synchs and very few disconnects. I honestly thought this game was ready for more players in one server... Clearly Ubisoft don't.

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Dear Champions, we have 4! months until than, more stabile game is basic and hope they can make it until then, but we have to get on a bigger scale before there is the release, Could you somehow involve in this topic Candle? He is one of the most respected member of these forums, and the Devs listen to him (we hope)

Dear Kamen42, and Dear DrinkinMehstella, buff revenge, and it will be better, ganking was always a hard thing for the lonely person, but ganking is today in the game too each day, the game has to get bigger, because it wont last for a pretty long time, when it has not something really monumental to show off. The devs are working on a deathball solution, they should focus more on teamplay, because if you are alone, and the enemy is multiple, they will gank you either, so it does not depend if it is 6 vs 6 or 4 vs 4

(thats an other question how can we survive a possible 6 vs 1 we need a test server and more players getting involved, help in this, and we can make a solution together)

For honor needs a huge battle, siege can be a more giant fight, we need to do the rigth steps, it will be a long path, but on the end, there is one of our gamer dreams.

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Dear Vakris_One, 1) single pick is needed in this mode (because imagine 6 lawbros, or raiders) but why would it be a faction locked? On ranked it is only single pick, no faction block and we can play on a samurai map with vikings and knights, it is not a big problem

2) We hope they will better at stabile game, we have 4 months until that, Honor needs to be big and glorius, the maps definitely should be balanced for 6 vs 6 players, but first we have to get this real, with the help of the Devs, so we can solve every problem, but help in this

3) it is the same answer as for 2)

Dear PDXGorechild thanks for your help, Siege has to bigger, we can make it

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Yep gotta agree. Was overjoyed when I realised it was siege mode, but it became bittersweet when I realised it would still only be 4 players per team.

If they flesh it out with NPC's to make it feel busier I guess that would help but meh, bit disappointed.

I haven't ever really had a problem with lag on For Honor PS4, and since the dedicated servers no re-synchs and very few disconnects. I honestly thought this game was ready for more players in one server... Clearly Ubisoft don't.
The problem isn't necessarilly with the game's servers. It's about how a 6v6 will inevitably raise the processing strain on the machine running it. Something like the PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and a high end gaming PC will be fine to run it but the normal PS4, Xbone and a mid spec PC might struggle to run a huge 6v6 mode. And those were the platforms the game launched on so it wouldn't be ideal to cut them out of such a significant piece of content from the game.

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Eric flat out said on reddit that moving to servers won't allow for anything crazy like 8v8 or whatever as the simulation, which is always running, is on the client side, not the server, it is how the game is architectured. Same reason servers don't allow them to move console to 60fps.

Eric's own words when asked about 60fps

--
The simulation (which is always running) is the key here, and it is running on the client-side for each player in the game, not on the server side. it's part of how For Honor is architected. It's the same reason moving to servers won't allow us to become an 8v8 game or anything like that.

At least this is my understanding as it's been explained to me.
--

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Dear Candle, and in the future they cannot make this dream possible? Nobody thought at the launch we will getting dedicated servers, and after a long waiting we got them, the game is having more players, after E3 espacially, if we can have an open discussion with the moderators and Devs, can we have this dream in the future?

Lot of my for honor friends are having some matchmaking groups, and they are more than 4 person, they want to play together, 5, 6 people at least in one team. With 6 vs 6 it could be reall the first step to high level Esport is everything is balanced and stabilized.

Candle, you have real super power on the forums as I have mentioned, can I ask you a big favour? Could you help us to get this topic to Mr. Eric Pope and the Dev team? And not just some we will send it to the team, a real conversation, If it will happen it the future it is acceptable, but lets make it happen in the bright future, Thanks for your help

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 03:19 PM
I have zero say on what the devs see, what they are sent or what they decide to work on.

You're asking the wrong person, repeatedly.

PDXGorechild
06-12-2018, 03:48 PM
The problem isn't necessarilly with the game's servers. It's about how a 6v6 will inevitably raise the processing strain on the machine running it. Something like the PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and a high end gaming PC will be fine to run it but the normal PS4, Xbone and a mid spec PC might struggle to run a huge 6v6 mode. And those were the platforms the game launched on so it wouldn't be ideal to cut them out of such a significant piece of content from the game.

Admittedly I know little about the architecture and programming of For Honor and it's servers. But i'd have thought a machine that can run GTA5 online with up to 32 players in close proximity, random NPC's and cars spawned all over the place, explosions and tanks and planes and boats and ragdolling character models, would be able to run 16 players on a comparatively small map of For Honor.

If this isn't the case, I think a lot of players would appreciate it if one of the dev's would be kind enough to explain why.

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Huge game companies can make giant battles, with the normal and with the PS4 Pro combined, Battlefront 2 for instance, 20 vs 20 fight, with air and ground vehicles and beuatiful graphics, at the momenr For Honor is stabilised, in the future why cant we have a bigger mode if that is what most of the community wants?

Lord_Cherubi
06-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Eric flat out said on reddit that moving to servers won't allow for anything crazy like 8v8 or whatever as the simulation, which is always running, is on the client side, not the server, it is how the game is architectured. Same reason servers don't allow them to move console to 60fps.

Eric's own words when asked about 60fps

--
The simulation (which is always running) is the key here, and it is running on the client-side for each player in the game, not on the server side. it's part of how For Honor is architected. It's the same reason moving to servers won't allow us to become an 8v8 game or anything like that.

At least this is my understanding as it's been explained to me.
--

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping to see the day we get 60fps on console...