PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Tips??

Hemi_Wise
12-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Is there any special Areas to take out Enemy Air Craft?

I fire hard core at the bombers and sometimes they just smoke but still manage to fly away after i've run out of ammo.

Just weird.. I think it would be good to make a thread about Tips and Tricks for Multiplayer Action. Sorry if it's already around, took a quick look and didn't find anything.

Cheers

Hemi

Hemi_Wise
12-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Is there any special Areas to take out Enemy Air Craft?

I fire hard core at the bombers and sometimes they just smoke but still manage to fly away after i've run out of ammo.

Just weird.. I think it would be good to make a thread about Tips and Tricks for Multiplayer Action. Sorry if it's already around, took a quick look and didn't find anything.

Cheers

Hemi

Tully__
12-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Although online lag sometimes causes you to miss when you think you're hitting, shooting down aircraft is basically the same online as offline. Shoot at engines, cockpits and wingroots.

Avoid shooting from directly behind, the target profile is at a minimum and it's defensive armour and armaments are most effective against dead six attacks. Try to attack at angles from the side, below or above.

Don't spend a lot of time within range of defensive guns. Learn to take maximum advantage of brief shooting opportunities and attack with a good speed advantage.

Spend some time setting up practice targets in Quick Mission Builder and practice the timing and positioning necessary for slashing angled attacks (but try not to learn the AI tactics while you're doing it, you'll only have to unlearn them again against human opponents http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

ruf9ii
12-14-2004, 07:32 AM
another thing, dont bother taking on bombers if all you've got are 303's (7.6mm). generally only engage bombers that are from the same era that the plane ur flying is from. a b-239 should have no real probs against a TB-3 for example, and a ki-84b against a b17 or b29.

as said before, shoot for engines and wing roots. with luck u'll set the fuel tank on fire, which after a lil bit o time should blow up taking the wing with it. dont bother going for bomb bays or cockpits as usuall the player wll be in a turret shooting at you, and to take out a bombload onboad a plane takes a lot of luck...

air to air rockets work well such as on the 262a1, and u can use the 'rs' rockets and hvars as air to air rockets. takes practice though.
the most effective angle to attack a bomber is in a head on, target the cockpit and engines.

GL

WOLFMondo
12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hemi_Wise:
I fire hard core at the bombers and sometimes they just smoke but still manage to fly away after i've run out of ammo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you select a plane and take off, think about what your going to be shooting down. Pick a plane and setup for it that can forfil the task which you want to use it for.

DarkCanuck420
12-14-2004, 02:35 PM
A good way to practice is to slow the game down using the [ key. it will go to 1/2 speed or even 1/4 if you want. it helps u see where bullets are hitting and helps u line up better. if all else fails, an easy way to take out a bomber is too...well, fly into it. you never mentioned anything about wanting to survive the attack. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif