PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft, you made a promise and now?

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 08:07 AM
We have siege mode, new facttion, new characters, it is really good, but

The Ubisoft Moderators, Devs promised that the second Year of heroes will be about heavys, and vanguards, big and strong warriors, warhammers, bone and skull crushers, big beasts. But we got confirmed 2 assassins, one vanguard who is a half shinobi and kensei, and only one big guy, it is funny that Roman spoke about the first three detailed, but nothing about the big old, guy. Year 1 was about assassins, all DLC heroes were half or full assassins,

The commnity cant have a wide choice in heavys and vaguards, why? Thousands of players want big warriors, who are crushing the enemy, not just a new, annoying always dodgeing lightspammer fly.

Dear Forum Leaders, say it at least, that after the 4 new heroes the next ones will be just heavys, or vanguards, with the new content around 2/3 of the hero roaster will be an assassin, or half assassin, and I think this game is not Assassins Creed.

Respected Moderators somehow answer to this thread, it would mean a lot for thousands of heavy character fans.

One last questions, can you confirm that we will get 4 heroes on october 16 on relase and not just 2 like before?

Thanks for your help

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:13 AM
The guan yu looking guy is a heavy. Roman briefly talks about him in the IGN video. Supposedly a lot of his attacks are zone attacks. Giving him wide sweeping attacks at the cost of a lot of stamina. But he has a stance he can go into similar to bushis that lets him regen stamina at a faster rate.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 08:44 AM
Wait, so are the 4 newbies not the classic Vanguard, Heavy, Assassin, Hybrid combo, or have I missed something

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Dear ChampionsRuby50g,

From the 4 new classes 2 is a full assassin, one is a vanguard, but has some "shinobi moves, like the shinobi dodge" and we have only 1 heavy, so it is again assassin roaster

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Dear Knight_Raime yes, you are speaking about one heavy, and not two heavies, two vanguards, that is the problem, assassin fans can have a lot of options, but we lack of heavys and vanguards. We need more of brutal big fighters and not more assassins, spam meta is active on consoles, and you want to add more spammeble characters?

Siegfried-Z
06-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Where do u get the info there are two assassins ? It looks like the classic Vanguard, Heavy, Assassin, Hybrid like said ChampionRuby..

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Dear Siegfried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVHV_rgrFtA

In this link Roman talks about the new heroes, he sad that the monk and the woman hero are both asassins, so one heavy, and vanguard (who has shinobi dodge) and 2 assassins are coming

Plus you can see in the video, that the monk has reflex guard, that confirms too that he is an other assassin

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Where do u get the info there are two assassins ? It looks like the classic Vanguard, Heavy, Assassin, Hybrid like said ChampionRuby..

Roman said the shaolin is an assassin, also the nuxia. At the same time it could be he meant a hybrid with assassin flavour, shaolin has the tricky playstyle you'd associate with hybrids.

Where I do take issue is this 'promise' from the devs because year two being heavies and vanguards has never been said. I recap the Dens and I keep track on Eric's reddit activity, there has never once been a time I have seen or heard them say that.

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Dear Candle, I'm glad, that you got involved to, you have super powers on the forums

There were dozens of threads crying out for heavies and vanguards, the commuinty wanted this and wants this now now, the four new heroes are fix now, but after them Ubi should focus on the heavies, vanguards, it is not far that 2/3 of the hero roaster is assassin or half assasssin

More times it were said, that we will get heavies, not Pope, from some Moderators, and even some Devs, I cannot remember an exact show, because I did not wrote down the date, but it is clear, that we need those heavies, it is a discrimination that Ubisoft is giving heroes for the assassin likers and mains, Ten thousands of heavy, vanguard fan does not get enough new heroes, because of the army of assassins, just look what was in year one DLC each hero is assassin, or half assassin, that is not fair

Could you help in this case Candle? All heavy and vanguards mains would be happy with this

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Dear Candle, I'm glad, that you got involved to, you have super powers on the forums

:rolleyes: No, no I don't. I pay attention to the Den and I occasionally type in Eric Pope's username on reddit, every single other person playing the game is capable of both of these.

There were dozens of threads crying out for heavies and vanguards, the commuinty wanted this and wants this now now, the four new heroes are fix now, but after them Ubi should focus on the heavies, vanguards, it is not far that 2/3 of the hero roaster is assassin or half assasssin

More times it were said, that we will get heavies, not Pope, from some Moderators, and even some Devs, I cannot remember an exact show, because I did not wrote down the date, but it is clear, that we need those heavies, it is a discrimination that Ubisoft is giving heroes for the assassin likers and mains, Ten thousands of heavy, vanguard fan does not get enough new heroes, because of the army of assassins, just look what was in year one DLC each hero is assassin, or half assassin, that is not fair

Community talking about it on the forums is not the same as the devs making some kind of promise, which they haven't. What they said on characters was they would stop for a few seasons at least to focus on the current cast, they did not say if or when new characters would come nor what type they would be. It would be nice to have more, yes, but ultimately it is the devs with the however many year plan and it is their word that is going to be last on any character being designed or released.

Also it isn't as if every DLC hybrid has been half assassin, the knights got one in Centurion and as they had Lawbringer they were always going to have assassin as part of the makeup for their hybrid, the Highlander and Aramusha, however, are both vanguard/heavy.

Ubi-Jimothy
06-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I'll definitely forward the feedback that you'd like more heavies in the future, but just to clarify, as CandleInTheDark has kindly mentioned above, there was never a 'promise' made to only deliver Heavy and Vanguard heroes. We try to keep a decent balance of heroes of all types, so you may see more in the future however, but no promises right now.

Regards,

Jim.

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Dear Candle, with respect, lots of players disagree with you, just one longer look on DLC heroes first year:

Centurion is an assassin/vanguard mixed hybrid, his low HP (after the newest update he has standard assassin health 120 HP) and his feats are typical assassin and vanguard feats (body count, bounty hunter, second wind, sharpen blade)

Aramusha on paper can be a heavy, but in real life he has two typical heavy parameters only, short full block and Rocksteady (Shugoki 2. feat and it is not fair that Musha has it, Shugo can use it because he is one of the biggest warriors, but a tiny assassin size man cant have it..), his HP is 120 typical assassin, his feats are assassin and vanguard combination (body count, second wind, sharpen blade, fear itself, stailwart banner) he has some elements of a heavy, but he is truly an assassin vanguard hybrid, and he is capable of light spamming due to soft feints which heavies don' usually do

Highlander is tricky, one of the biggest weapon in the game, but he has assassin HP, so not a tanky characters like you would want from a heavy, and the offensive stance dodge is likean assassin move-s, his feats are mostly vanguard feats, so he can be on paper, but in the reality he is more a vanguard and assassin and not a heavy

Redditmember55
06-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Dear Ubi-Jimothy,

If you truly want to keep balance in the type of heroes, and For Honor's hero roaster than just count a little bit, we are full with assassin heroes and half assassins, to get balanced we need maybe 2 heavies, and 2 vanguards in the future, that is all what the community wants. And we need your help, and if it is possible, can we get some reactions from the Dev team, that they know our desire, and if they can do it in the future? Not just some sharing feedback, we would gladly see some reactions in the future Dens, or an open blogpost, something like that.

Protos_88
06-12-2018, 06:17 PM
i think that you ignore the players request. especially console players. you did not do anything abouth the quick attacks on consoles. New characters give the same effect as shaman.

I do nont know why you do not hear the players screaming and continue to mud.

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 06:38 PM
i think that you ignore the players request. especially console players. you did not do anything abouth the quick attacks on consoles. New characters give the same effect as shaman.

I do nont know why you do not hear the players screaming and continue to mud.

If you're talking about the FPS, that gives at most a 33ms difference and not even all the time, depends when the last frame went by, there are things within the player's control that give a give a greater difference (50-150ms) and any balancing towards players not having optimal setups will also benefit players that do and those players will still have the advantage. People are under the illusion that console is a fair gaming utopia, we all pay the same we all have the fair chance, it really isn't. Just like with PC it is an arms race as to who has the best setup.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Wait, so are the 4 newbies not the classic Vanguard, Heavy, Assassin, Hybrid combo, or have I missed something

Nope. 2 assassins,1 vanguard, 1 heavy.

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Nope. 2 assassins,1 vanguard, 1 heavy.

To be honest the shaolin has enough of the general tricky hybrid style that I wonder if Roman meant assassin flavoured hybrid but they tend to not make that kind of mistake. Sooner or later I am guessing they will equalise the factions and work on adding to all of them from there so it might well be the next lot is whatever is missing compared to the other factions.