PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it... the best character from the new faction...

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Easy pick would be the assassin but I'm going to throw my $$ at the Shaolin guy with the staff... The way they described his kit and the way he functions and from what I saw of him. He might be that dude...

Tiandi, I don't know about him. I was watching him and his heavies did look slow but his unblockables didn't look all that great... I mean as in actually landing them, they looked too slow, and he has something similar to Kensei to where he can feint his heavy into an unblockable attack but it looks slower then kensei's and more telegraphed... but the benefit being he can do it in any direction... Good power though, he does hit hard as heck. but I feel he might be too telegraphed.

Nuxia... She was beating on peacekeeper. but nothing as of yet but she's an assassin so she automatically gets high praise on a potential top pick.

Jiang Jun... He's either gonna have an insane unblockable or he will suck, that's all she wrote... and of course another character for Highlander to smack around in offense stance.

Shaolin something is telling me to look out for this one... He might be that guy people pick just to end you in a 1v1. Also a cool thing that I saw from him was a very solid unblockable but it was during the gameplay that wasn't apart of the siege mode or trailer. I need to find it again, but when i saw him just go for different mix ups, and attacks... I just saw a character that would give me a ton of trouble.

Still early, need confirmation on how their moves perform, but something about that Shaolin is calling me... I just hope it's not the same predictable Assassin being the best out of them all though.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 06:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVHV_rgrFtA

okay just found it... Guy has a dodging attack that's undodgable and is a heavy, and it seems like he can delay his dodge attack the same way kensei does his, just not as wide of a gap to input it.

That kick, followed into a sweep for a free attack looks pretty quick. and I'm talking about the kick itself. He has to go into that stance of course but he can just bait you into dodging when you are used to seeing that stance which goes into unblockable..

He has hyper armor but I have no clue where in his attack string or stance he gets it. He can possibly bait you into rushing him so he can get hyper armor trade into the unblockable kick stance which he can bait again.

His unblockables look solid though, and his stance changes with the addition of having hyper armor, dodging attack that can be delayed and also undodgeable which also gives you an execution if you land it looks good.

He's got some serious mix ups going on. Imagine once you master him, he's gonna be switching stances all day and the moment you think you can just spam an attack to just knock him out, he's gonna use hyper armor and just get going to town on you.

and he has fast walk speed to manipulate distances.

I like him... lmao

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 06:31 AM
Also I just noticed that he has a dash forward attack that can catch back rolls.

Also regarding that sweep... That thing looks like it hits everything in the world. Like if you try and gank this man, and he does his kick and sweeps in front of him. if you are in his field of view, you are getting swept right up. that thing just looks like crazy crowd control. That sweep man lol. That soul calibur kilik sweep.

and that spinning attack he does... where he hits 3 times in a row and gives him hyper armor? that move looks like crowd control as well. and it's fast... Is that a zone? that move looks solid. Also it's gauranteed, like berserker if the 1st hits, the rest hit.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 06:38 AM
I forgot, this guy can dodge back and attack forward... This dude omg.

This is the man... he has all the tools.

He's got speed/walk speed/attack speed/range/unblockables/ hyper armor/ undodgeable attacks/ 3 spin attack zone that's fast and can possibly crowd control amazingly well which also confirms if you get hit by any part of that move... Oh man, this character is looking so good. I want him now

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 06:45 AM
First, thanks for the video.

Second i'm really liking what i'm hearing about these new heros. The assassin in particular is probably going to be my go to pick up specifically because she's built to counter the "wait and see" style of blocking and playing with passive and safe hits. She'll also more than likely be the pub stomper of the group. The heavy actually sounds great. Like. I might actually like a heavy for once. Very risky concept but sounds good if it's pulled off well. The vanguard of the group being a mix of kensei and shinobi is actually pretty cool as well. Some decent fake outs in there but not entirely overwhelming of a kit. Monk seems very interesting with hold stance styles into the mix. Kind of comes off as a mix between nobushi and highlander. At least to me.

My only concern tbh is that people are going to 100% scream p2w and "why can't the og roster be this fleshed out?" But honestly i'm not concerned. I'm more worried about current dlc heros falling to the way side. from the looks of things it seems like they are really getting good at designing heros.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 06:49 AM
First, thanks for the video.

Second i'm really liking what i'm hearing about these new heros. The assassin in particular is probably going to be my go to pick up specifically because she's built to counter the "wait and see" style of blocking and playing with passive and safe hits. She'll also more than likely be the pub stomper of the group. The heavy actually sounds great. Like. I might actually like a heavy for once. Very risky concept but sounds good if it's pulled off well. The vanguard of the group being a mix of kensei and shinobi is actually pretty cool as well. Some decent fake outs in there but not entirely overwhelming of a kit. Monk seems very interesting with hold stance styles into the mix. Kind of comes off as a mix between nobushi and highlander. At least to me.

My only concern tbh is that people are going to 100% scream p2w and "why can't the og roster be this fleshed out?" But honestly i'm not concerned. I'm more worried about current dlc heros falling to the way side. from the looks of things it seems like they are really getting good at designing heros.

np, watch that video... Skip to 5:30... Wardens new attack. WHAT IS THAT? LOL is that some type of new mix up to use instead of shoulder bash? and it's a heavy. interesting I want to see that move more and how viable it is. Also it seems like they changed the animation of his shoulder bash hold.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:09 AM
np, watch that video... Skip to 5:30... Wardens new attack. WHAT IS THAT? LOL is that some type of new mix up to use instead of shoulder bash? and it's a heavy. interesting I want to see that move more and how viable it is. Also it seems like they changed the animation of his shoulder bash hold.

Not seeing where you see the changed shoulder bash animation. unless you're referring to else where in the video. as for the wardens new attack there it's not new per se. It's from a very early time in for honor. specifically from a trailer. https://ytcropper.com/cropped/y15afa1da3e32f2

It's not the exact same thing. But it looks very similar to me. I had to slow the video down though. It looked like his running attack at first.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Not seeing where you see the changed shoulder bash animation. unless you're referring to else where in the video. as for the wardens new attack there it's not new per se. It's from a very early time in for honor. specifically from a trailer. https://ytcropper.com/cropped/y15afa1da3e32f2

It's not the exact same thing. But it looks very similar to me. I had to slow the video down though. It looked like his running attack at first.

I'm just curious on the implementation on that move. When is the best time to use it? when somebody is trying to roll away from shoulder bash mix up?

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:27 AM
I'm just curious on the implementation on that move. When is the best time to use it? when somebody is trying to roll away from shoulder bash mix up?

Saw the new bash animation. was earlier at the start of the fight. Bash, at least the charged version seems to have much better range and tracking. Might be a tad faster as well but hard to tell when i'm just eyeballing. I'm assuming you're asking about his new move you pointed out to me.

Well it looks like it's a dashing attack. I'd assume it's meant to be used against people who react to his bash based on your dodge alone. It could potentially be used to try and hit someone who just rolls away constantly from bashes.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Saw the new bash animation. was earlier at the start of the fight. Bash, at least the charged version seems to have much better range and tracking. Might be a tad faster as well but hard to tell when i'm just eyeballing. I'm assuming you're asking about his new move you pointed out to me.

Well it looks like it's a dashing attack. I'd assume it's meant to be used against people who react to his bash based on your dodge alone. It could potentially be used to try and hit someone who just rolls away constantly from bashes.

yeah and apparently his side heavies are faster with new animations as well. Mege pointed it out on his channel.

and yeah that new charge animation. I think it actually might punish a roll back. It looks like it might catch that now. I think rolling away might not be the answer anymore to dealing with shoulder bash mix up if that's the case.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Don't make me pull out my armor in my closet... I swear lol. Go ahead. Let that thing catch roll aways, i'll go to kings landing right now..

IF IT DOES though? oh man...

shoulder bash, shoulder bash, hold shoulder bash, they roll away using stamina, you land full charge which drains stamina further and might take them out of stamina depending on where their stamina is at before attempting roll away. They might just be out of stamina after they roll away and getting punished by his full charge taking a top heavy which can now go into his new mix up for his unblockable top heavy...

Lmao. Warden...

Jazz117Volkov
06-12-2018, 07:39 AM
[The top light] it'll be nice chase move, but also useful for fending off guardbreaks when you forward dash. Very useful move that plays into the Warden's bash mind games. Also, with people looking for it, you could trick them with a feint; good CCS bait.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:42 AM
It'll be nice chase move, but also useful for fending off guardbreaks when you forward dash. Very useful move that plays into the Warden's bash mind games. Also, with people looking for it, you could trick them with a feint; good CCS bait.

Yeah considering it can be used 200ms into the forward dash people won't be able to react to anything warden does now with dashing. People will have to deal with that in prediction.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 07:46 AM
It's not a light though, I'm pretty sure it's a heavy based off the way the opponent blocks it.

Jazz117Volkov
06-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Yeah considering it can be used 200ms into the forward dash people won't be able to react to anything warden does now with dashing. People will have to deal with that in prediction.
I think Wardens will be the best counter for Wardens in this instance. If you top light a forward dash you should be able to either interrupt the bash or catch the top light with crushing counter. Characters with a side dodge attack should be able to deal with it just fine, outside of a feint into parry, but that's the same now. Overall I think this is a subtle way to make turtling even less desirable against a Warden, which is really the way it should be. It's the reason I've kept playing Warden, it's the only kit that gives you the ability to constantly apply pressure.

Turtling triggers me.

It's not a light though, I'm pretty sure it's a heavy based off the way the opponent blocks it.
The funky block was because she was OOS I think. Otherwise, my that's an awfully impatient heavy.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:56 AM

Doubtful considering the speed of it. The character staggering on the hit is likely due to the person being OOS. And in OOS even lights are not stopped for combo potential.

RenegadeTX2000
06-12-2018, 08:04 AM
If that's the case I wonder if you could do more with that attack once it's landed... Pretty sure you can, just the person wasn't showing it off.

it'd be awesome if you could go into shoulder bash with it to prevent people spamming back dash spamming while oos to avoid shoulder bash mix up.

Jazz117Volkov
06-12-2018, 08:08 AM
If that's the case I wonder if you could do more with that attack once it's landed... Pretty sure you can, just the person wasn't showing it off.

it'd be awesome if you could go into shoulder bash with it to prevent people spamming back dash spamming while oos to avoid shoulder bash mix up.Being a light, you should be able to.

Dash light into charged bash into top heavy into feinted unblockable into CCS into bash...It's okay folks, we don't need a knight with a warhammer, we have a knight who is a warhammer.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:11 AM

it'd be awesome if you could go into shoulder bash with it to prevent people spamming back dash spamming while oos to avoid shoulder bash mix up.

Should be able to unless they some how made it a finisher. Off of it you could try and que up a bash which opens up a lot of games there. OR you could go straight into the unblockable top heavy forcing the person to react.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 09:23 AM
October though, too long to wait.

DakaDakaTimmy
06-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Iím hype for this, we needed new content to freshen up the game. Hopefully thereís some big balance passes between now and October.
Only thing Iím Ďmehí about is that 2 of the 4 new heroes are assassins. Not sure we needed that, esp on console.

DakaDakaTimmy
06-12-2018, 11:00 AM
The hero with multiple attacks having zone properties has serious anti gank potential...

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty excited for the Shaolin, aka the Newbushi. Stole m rework.

Alustar.
06-12-2018, 03:26 PM
I want all of the things!