PDA

View Full Version : ubi is digging their own grave here...

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 04:25 AM
instead of reworking the heroes that need a rework, they instead decide to add a new factions which heroes also may be broken... i here that ubi wants to make this an e sports game, but adding a new faction wont make it an e sports game, reworking the existing cast and balancing them would most likely result in an e sports game, id rather have a rework rather than a new faction, also ppl are gonna say this faction adds variety, which it may but you gotta remember that we already have an Asian faction, the samurai, now we are adding the samurais neighbor, the Wu Lin, so not that much variety... i mean why could it not have been like the Aztecs or the Greeks...

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 06:56 AM
You do realize that they can work on more than one thing at a time right? Just because they're working on that new content doesn't mean they've stopped working on the reworks.
Also japan and china have very different cultures and fighting styles. Lumping them together as an "asain" faction would not only be difficult to explain even in this made up universe for the game but it would also be a huge back fire publicity wise.

If anything the chinese faction will bolster sales to appeal to the chinese market.

Jacques-Le-Coq
06-12-2018, 07:32 AM
I remember playing with some Chinese players. It sucked, constant 150+ ping, nearly impossible to fight back, last thing I want is this game to turn into a Ubisoft Fighting style PUBG....

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 09:07 AM
getting a new faction, new heroes, new mode and possibly new gear etc...you know what, the reworks can wait because the real hype is now this. Also its now clear why they took long doing reworks maybe because they were developing this new faction for us.

Illyrian_King
06-12-2018, 12:18 PM
instead of reworking the heroes that need a rework, they instead decide to add a new factions which heroes also may be broken... i here that ubi wants to make this an e sports game, but adding a new faction wont make it an e sports game, reworking the existing cast and balancing them would most likely result in an e sports game, id rather have a rework rather than a new faction, also ppl are gonna say this faction adds variety, which it may but you gotta remember that we already have an Asian faction, the samurai, now we are adding the samurais neighbor, the Wu Lin, so not that much variety... i mean why could it not have been like the Aztecs or the Greeks...

WHat are you talking about??

A Siege Mode aka "Breach" is what this game needs more then anything else. I would also love to see my Lawbringer finally getting some love, but it doesn't end the pure boredom this games offers me at the moment.

I prefere playing a super exciting Siege with a not all-balanced Hero, then vice-versa.

Also having Aztecs with wooden clubs and no armour at all and no real fighting technique is something, that hopefully NEVER makes it into the game.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Just because as a Westerner you may have limited knowledge of China doesn't make it "Japan 2.0" dude. I mean you wouldn't complain that Vikings and Knights are both in the game because "we already have a European faction" now would you? The difference between the Japanese and the Chinese is as significant as the difference between the Scandinavian Vikings and the Western European Knights.

There's plenty of time for them to finish the reworks. This new Marching Fire update is all the way in October. They can do the LB this Season and in Season 7 they can do the Warden, Valk, Shugo and Raider. They might even have enough time to do the Aramusha and Centurion as well. Adding a siege mode alone is huge for pumping up this game's community, the majority of which couldn't care less about e-sports if it means new and entertaining modes and heroes.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 01:32 PM
getting a new faction, new heroes, new mode and possibly new gear etc...you know what, the reworks can wait because the real hype is now this. .

Valk mains disagree 110%

ArmoredChocobo
06-12-2018, 01:45 PM
WHat are you talking about??

A Siege Mode aka "Breach" is what this game needs more then anything else. I would also love to see my Lawbringer finally getting some love, but it doesn't end the pure boredom this games offers me at the moment.

I prefere playing a super exciting Siege with a not all-balanced Hero, then vice-versa.

Also having Aztecs with wooden clubs and no armour at all and no real fighting technique is something, that hopefully NEVER makes it into the game.

Watch Breach become Deathball paradise and everyone will ****-can it by November.

RexXZ347
06-12-2018, 01:48 PM
I would prefer greatly a rework first than adding new possible broken again factions.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Valk mains disagree 110%

I also was once a valk main rep 10 but the fact is she worth ave her rework any time soon, so ill find a new main and enjoy the rest of what the game has to offer.

PDXGorechild
06-12-2018, 02:04 PM
They will continue to pump out reworks until then, one would hope. They only really need to rework Valk, Shugoki, Lawbringer and Centurion desperately so there's enough time. The rest of the classes that haven't been touched for ages could just do with tweaks. They'll be able to work on both at the same time and will continue to do so I imagine, they'd be mugging off Valk mains majorly if they didn't and they know that.

I've gotta agree with the OP on the other point though. Whilst i'm not ignorant enough to say the Chinese faction is the same as the Japanese, they are similar in a lot of ways, and I personally feel that an indian-asian or african style faction would have been more interesting for variety. Egyptians would have been cool. Realism has gone out the window so why not...

EDG_Avocado
06-12-2018, 03:07 PM
no, they've dug their grave since release date, this is nothing close compared to that.

If anything this will help grow playerbase

Alustar.
06-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Naysayers will always find something to rage about. It's not even released and already they already coming out of the woodwork.

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:40 PM
They will continue to pump out reworks until then, one would hope. They only really need to rework Valk, Shugoki, Lawbringer and Centurion desperately so there's enough time. The rest of the classes that haven't been touched for ages could just do with tweaks. They'll be able to work on both at the same time and will continue to do so I imagine, they'd be mugging off Valk mains majorly if they didn't and they know that.

I've gotta agree with the OP on the other point though. Whilst i'm not ignorant enough to say the Chinese faction is the same as the Japanese, they are similar in a lot of ways, and I personally feel that an indian-asian or african style faction would have been more interesting for variety. Egyptians would have been cool. Realism has gone out the window so why not...

I see you did not put Nobushi on your list of folks that need a rework. Sure, she got a revamped kick which turns out is really no better than the previous iteration. Its guaranteed only off of a blocked heavy out of hidden stance but otherwise gets you a free heavy to the top of your head after they dodge and guard break you. And let's be honest, if you can get someone to actually block you instead of parrying you as Nobushi, you're lucky.

They say she got her rework, but aside from the kick, she got penalized by the back-dodge nerf and changes to parrying which caused a lot of her safer tools to become irrelevant now that she can no longer use her "reach" to her advantage for anything. Her mix-ups are practically non-existent since there is really only one chain you can use to get damage. The only thing holding her up in an even remotely competitive place is hidden stance and even that is a joke because to attack/feint with it costs the same stamina as a heavy and then locks your stamina from recovery. So, you might get a follow-up attack in afterwards and make the opponent bleed for half a second, but will never get to capitalize on the bleed for that extra damage Nobushi has because you're out of stamina. You literally cannot attack someone from neutral and expect to get anything done except maybe poking people for minimal damage with the 500 ms side lights while hoping you don't accidentally input a second and get parried.

But then again, her rework has gone into the Shaolin.

Looks like he has an identical sidedodge attack that actually dodges but also has undodgeable properties on it. Can move backwards really fast, also has a back-dash out of neutral that looks like a better version of swift recoil. Has sweeping attacks and thrusting attacks, unblockables, a nearly identical but more functional kick by the way it looks, as well as some other undodgeable attacks. Oh, even has hyper armor and doesn't rely on obliterating his own stamina to get one or two meager hits in.

She needs help, otherwise she is just going to become even more irrelevant and take the least functional hero position from Valk.

But then again, they say she is a beast in 4v4.

Sure, but that is purely because she is actively good when people are not fighting back against her since she can harass, apply bleed, and more easily drop a heavy on someone's head. So, she's only good when the opponent is not fighting back. That sounds like a good balance of usefulness to me.

Better pray you don't get into a 1v1 or worse, out numbered. You might as well let them beat you to death without resisting and respawn because unless they are totally incompetent idiots they'll mash your brains like potatoes in seconds because your best tools are irrelevant against multiple foes actively attacking you.

BTTrinity
06-12-2018, 03:46 PM

No they're not xD This is 4 months away (Presumably, S8) this is more than enough time to shell out some major balance passes/reworks. Also, what Raime said "If anything the chinese faction will bolster sales to appeal to the chinese market."

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
No they're not xD This is 4 months away (Presumably, S8) this is more than enough time to shell out some major balance passes/reworks. Also, what Raime said "If anything the chinese faction will bolster sales to appeal to the chinese market."

Its supposed to release in mid October. The 18th was the date, I believe.

Ubi-Jimothy
06-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Hey folks,

Just to chime in on this; the introduction of the Wu Lin doesn't mean that we'll stop doing reworks. There are some already in the pipeline, as previously mentioned, so no idea where that information comes from!

All the best,

Jim.

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Hey folks,

Just to chime in on this; the introduction of the Wu Lin doesn't mean that we'll stop doing reworks. There are some already in the pipeline, as previously mentioned, so no idea where that information comes from!

All the best,

Jim.

Nobushi was already confirmed to not get a rework even though she has been passively hindered by overall game changes, so I'll just continue pouting until I feel better then switch to the new heroes that will likely replace her.

PDXGorechild
06-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Hey folks,

All the best,

Jim.

Thanks Jim! See, ya'll jump to conclusions again.

Anyway, @Fairemont, make a Nobushi thread if you have concerns dude. I only mentioned the classes which, in my opinion,desperately need attention as they haven't been touched in ages and don't really have any role in any mode that can't be done better by another class. Or are completely gimped from the ground up like Cent. Or rely on a single annoying mechanic like Lawb. Nobushi is still competitive for 4v4 and widely used from what I see. Sure she's fallen behind in 1v1, but I think she's still in a better position than the others mentioned.

Just waiting for a Warden main to show up and add his own rant...

Edit: Obviously Lawbringer is also competitive in 4v4 but without impale, much less so. A lot of players want him reworked due to how annoying he is in 1v1 relying on blockshove.

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Anyway, @Fairemont, make a Nobushi thread if you have concerns dude. I only mentioned the classes which, in my opinion,desperately need attention as they haven't been touched in ages and don't really have any role in any mode that can't be done better by another class. Or are completely gimped from the ground up like Cent. Or rely on a single annoying mechanic like Lawb. Nobushi is still competitive for 4v4 and widely used from what I see. Sure she's fallen behind in 1v1, but I think she's still in a better position than the others mentioned.

There is a thread, it was rather productive until we were told she is not getting a rework.

If you take a peek at the standings chart they put out a while ago, Nobushi is in the bottom 3 and is basically propped up above the bottom two due to her ability to slaughter people who play shinobi, otherwise she could very likely have been below even valk.

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 04:48 PM
thank god you confirmed that XD my valk has been crying for months now

BTTrinity
06-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Edit: Obviously Lawbringer is also competitive in 4v4 but without impale, much less so. A lot of players want him reworked due to how annoying he is in 1v1 relying on blockshove.

Nobushi is good, the issue with her is shes only good because of one move in her kit (which was the point of the reworks, giving characters multiple options) Nobushi still relies on hidden stance 9x out of 10.

Her dodge attacks are pretty worthless, they either dodge with no attack or attack with no dodge... Why is it that Kensei gets better dodge attacks than she does ON TOP of a deflect as a vanguard?

Swift Recoil, also worthless... Its funny they add a follow up for a move that nobody can even use in the first place.

The only reason people use her in 4v4's is HS into a 600ms UB bash that can wallsplat, followed up by HUGE damage...

Even when people say shes good, then show a top tier player using her... NOBODY in the video tries focusing down the Nobushi, she kind of just does her thing while everyone ignores her.

However, I do agree with the fact she doesnt DESPERATELY need attention.. but she can still use some love, and nobody would complain

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Nobushi is good, the issue with her is shes only good because of one move in her kit (which was the point of the reworks, giving characters multiple options) Nobushi still relies on hidden stance 9x out of 10.

Her dodge attacks are pretty worthless, they either dodge with no attack or attack with no dodge... Why is it that Kensei gets better dodge attacks than she does ON TOP of a deflect as a vanguard?

Swift Recoil, also worthless... Its funny they add a follow up for a move that nobody can even use in the first place.

The only reason people use her in 4v4's is HS into a 600ms UB bash that can wallsplat, followed up by HUGE damage...

Even when people say shes good, then show a top tier player using her... NOBODY in the video tries focusing down the Nobushi, she kind of just does her thing while everyone ignores her.

However, I do agree with the fact she doesnt DESPERATELY need attention.. but she can still use some love, and nobody would complain

Yeah, like I was saying, Nobushi only excels when nobody is fighting back against her. As soon as you do she runs out of options and has to turtle for days.

PDXGorechild
06-13-2018, 08:34 AM

You're not wrong there, this was basically my point. I still feel more for Valkyrie and Shugoki mains!

DrinkinMyStella
06-13-2018, 08:57 AM
when you compare Nobu to shug or valk or even WL I think they need a rework more desperately, we know warden is confirmed for a next rework so Im hoping they rework valk with him.