PDA

View Full Version : First Post

chukblok
06-12-2018, 02:45 AM
Let me start by saying I love this game...im 39, married, and have 3 kids. This is the only game I have played this past year. I even let my oldest play around in training (with effects and gore off of course). Also i should add Im terrible at it...awful. And I seem to be getting more outmatched daily. but whatever.

what drew me in at first was the Warden and Raider. The battle worn warden, with his/her dented helm, torn tabard, and notched long sword...holding it by the blade as they ran.
The Raider. Broken horns, crude axe, and simple yet brutal executions. Armor?? no way. not needed.

Sooo what is this post about? well not much. With all that being said. I am worried. I was hoping on maybe a new hero for each existing faction..so many more cool options for all 3. tons of potential. I am worried that all the focus will be on Wu Lin. things seem to be getting too fancy...i worry the grim nature of the game will get left behind...sorry.

The new mode sounds awesome....and at this point in my life tbe little things excite me lol...how about a new Raider helm with a no beard option?? just saying.

Anyhow...im unsure about this new faction.

IplayLoco
06-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Not to sound like a racist but we didnít need another Asian faction, as we already have one, it couldíve been something completely different, so that we practically didnít have a clone of one of the factions we already have, I agree with your points, the game definitely has potential, I just donít fancy seeing so much of the same stuff, as it will get real old, real fast. But I guess itís what majority of the community wants, so the voices of the few will not be heard, as usual.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Not to sound like a racist but we didn’t need another Asian faction, as we already have one, it could’ve been something completely different, so that we practically didn’t have a clone of one of the factions we already have, I agree with your points, the game definitely has potential, I just don’t fancy seeing so much of the same stuff, as it will get real old, real fast. But I guess it’s what majority of the community wants, so the voices of the few will not be heard, as usual.

Well. Even if it's not intended you're still being ignorant about it.
Just because they fall under the asian grouping doesn't make them remotely similar in fighting style.
Lumping both together would be a huge blow back of public opinion. Media would have a field day.

Jazz117Volkov
06-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Let me start by saying I love this game...im 39, married, and have 3 kids. This is the only game I have played this past year. I even let my oldest play around in training (with effects and gore off of course). Also i should add Im terrible at it...awful. And I seem to be getting more outmatched daily. but whatever.

what drew me in at first was the Warden and Raider. The battle worn warden, with his/her dented helm, torn tabard, and notched long sword...holding it by the blade as they ran.
The Raider. Broken horns, crude axe, and simple yet brutal executions. Armor?? no way. not needed.

Sooo what is this post about? well not much. With all that being said. I am worried. I was hoping on maybe a new hero for each existing faction..so many more cool options for all 3. tons of potential. I am worried that all the focus will be on Wu Lin. things seem to be getting too fancy...i worry the grim nature of the game will get left behind...sorry.

The new mode sounds awesome....and at this point in my life tbe little things excite me lol...how about a new Raider helm with a no beard option?? just saying.

Anyhow...im unsure about this new faction.I hear you, mate. Especially about the "little excites me anymore", I can relate, haha.

Sometimes the overly juvenile and, I suppose, traditionally fantastical elements get me concerned about this game too. That trailer they put out though, the CGI one where the Warden goes out being a badass was the right tone. I think the developers do know what they're doing, and they are aware of this very concern, it just takes time for things to come around. Hopefully our interests won't stay out in the cold for too much longer.

Not to sound like a racist but...
Nothing that start that way ends that way, just FYI.

IplayLoco
06-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Well. Even if it's not intended you're still being ignorant about it.
Just because they fall under the asian grouping doesn't make them remotely similar in fighting style.
Lumping both together would be a huge blow back of public opinion. Media would have a field day.
Due to the factor they are neighbouring countries, they will have very similar combat styles is what Iím saying, we need less of the same to keep people excited but saying that anyone and everyone will jump on the Wu Lin bandwagon as just about everyone is a fan of that sort of stuff. Bit of a let down, oh well.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Due to the factor they are neighbouring countries, they will have very similar combat styles is what I’m saying, we need less of the same to keep people excited but saying that anyone and everyone will jump on the Wu Lin bandwagon as just about everyone is a fan of that sort of stuff. Bit of a let down, oh well.

They really don't if you brush up on your history. Some of their cultures share similarities. But that doesn't mean we should blur the lines between them.

IplayLoco
06-12-2018, 08:39 AM
They really don't if you brush up on your history. Some of their cultures share similarities. But that doesn't mean we should blur the lines between them.

I guess, would just be nice for something fresh, as far as the trailer went there was a familiarity between the two as far as I could see, (donít know much about either faction in regards of history) but what I gathered was a lot of kicks, flips and whatnot, Which we have plenty of already, would of been nice for something else I guess idk.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 09:12 AM

Anyhow...im unsure about this new faction.

hi welcome to the forum. I am really excited about this new faction, yes there was lots of speculation about pirates or Arabian etc but the Chinese dynasty definitely deserves a place in for honor due to there history with the Japanese and the new characters look awesome.