PDA

View Full Version : How hyped are you?!?

JadeBosson.
06-12-2018, 01:03 AM
I was chilling in the E3 thing on youtube and saw the for honor trailer for : Marching Fire: and I'm already pretty hyped now i'll have someone else to play besides Nobushi and shaman and Glad

If you haven't seen it yet https://youtu.be/PDELaG1YreU

Also whom do you most want to test/use for me it's the lady to the right seems like shes fast maybe another assassin (hopefully)

EvoX.
06-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Zero hype for the faction and the new game mode, but a new Centurion? That's something I can get behind, though I'd also be sad if our current one is forgotten.

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Pretty hyped, I want to try that new game mode, and definitely I am going to try all the new characters.

The faction description and character names are on the For Honor site.

The Wu Lin are a faction of warriors within the walls of Ancient China. Four Wu Lin warriors now travel West seeking vengeance from war, betrayal, and personal tragedies. They fight to claim their rightful place in the next Dynasty.

Shaolin
The Shaolin are fierce warrior monks known for their athletic, monkey-like fight style, and their prowess with a staff. They hold their written prayers close to them at all times.

Tiandi
The Tiandi are loyal protectors to Kings, Queens, and Emperors. They are masters of the dao blade, the weapon of choice for these Royal Guards.

Jiang Jun
The Jiang Jun are generals among the Ancient Chinese armies. They are wise leaders who have mastered the guandao weapon.

Nuxia
The Nuxia are trained bodyguards and assassins who often disguised their talents through dance. They are deadly artists of the hook swords.

The site also says there is an unannounced endless PVE co-op mode and some of the new graphics look lush.

EvoX.
06-12-2018, 01:40 AM
Was a price announced, by the way?

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:34 AM
Was a price announced, by the way?

No official price but this from Eric

Free:

Breach Mode
Graphical Enhancements
UI Improvements
Maps
Other things we can show you later!

Paid:

New unannounced PvE mode.
Heroes. You can buy Marching Fire (price not announced) and it gives you the 4 Wu Lin Heroes (plus everything else) and you have a limited time access to the Heroes for a window of probably a couple weeks. We haven't locked down the exact window yet. After that "early access" window, you can unlock each character with Steel like any other DLC character.

PVE being paid is the only possibly contentious thing there BUT it isn't like it is an uncommon thing, Division had three paid DLC PVE and PVP modes.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 02:44 AM
Iím pretty hyped for the new game mode, that looks great. The new heroes also look interesting, but I am pretty disappointed with the faction been Chinese. There are so many other, more requested cultures, that could have been added in as a new faction while these Chinese warriors could easily be added in over time as mercenaries to the Samurai faction. Middle-Eastern faction, Greek, Aztec, Persian, Native American. It feels like a missed opportunity on Ubisoftís behalf. This will also hurt the Samurai faction, as itís not a stretch to imagine that many more of these Samurai players will switch to the new faction, compared to Knights or Vikings leaving.

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:54 AM
I’m pretty hyped for the new game mode, that looks great. The new heroes also look interesting, but I am pretty disappointed with the faction been Chinese. There are so many other, more requested cultures, that could have been added in as a new faction while these Chinese warriors could easily be added in over time as mercenaries to the Samurai faction. Middle-Eastern faction, Greek, Aztec, Persian, Native American. It feels like a missed opportunity on Ubisoft’s behalf. This will also hurt the Samurai faction, as it’s not a stretch to imagine that many more of these Samurai players will switch to the new faction, compared to Knights or Vikings leaving.

Someone on reddit made a good point as to why the chinese should not be (japanese) samurai mercenaries

many people brought up the fact that the Knights and Vikings have people from different cultures in their faction as well, the Romans and Celts. Something I completely overlooked, I admit. I speculate that Ubisoft probably did not want bad PR with putting Chinese warriors under the Japanese faction. The Nanking Massacre is still a touchy subject for the Chinese people (rightfully so) and the Japanese government has never apologized for it. Putting Chinese warriors under “Japanese command” would be a PR nightmare and since China is one of, if not the biggest video game market out there, this could have been a disaster for Ubisoft.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Someone on reddit made a good point as to why the chinese should not be (japanese) samurai mercenaries

many people brought up the fact that the Knights and Vikings have people from different cultures in their faction as well, the Romans and Celts. Something I completely overlooked, I admit. I speculate that Ubisoft probably did not want bad PR with putting Chinese warriors under the Japanese faction. The Nanking Massacre is still a touchy subject for the Chinese people (rightfully so) and the Japanese government has never apologized for it. Putting Chinese warriors under ďJapanese commandĒ would be a PR nightmare and since China is one of, if not the biggest video game market out there, this could have been a disaster for Ubisoft.

When itís put that way, I can see why thatís the case then. Still, a lot of Chinese players would be Samurai purely because it is the closest to their culture, and many will switch. And if this is why Ubi decided to make them their own faction, to me itís just a waste of an opportunity still.

Edit: So I just read up on that massacre, and now I disagree. This massacre, while still atrocious, ended in 1938 during a war. My parents werenít even alive then, many of our parents wouldnít be and itís incredibly unlikely that anyone playing this game would have been alive that day. We donít hate and get mad at modern day Germans for what the Nazis did, we donít hate the English for the Crusades, we donít hate Italians for the Romans forcing people to fight to the death and conquering all of Europe while been so corrupt, so why should anyone today be getting upset at something that happened nearly 100 years ago and cause them to not play a game that is set at least 1000 years in the past in an alternate universe? It was war time when the massacre happened. There have been countless situations in the past when something similar would have happened, but we get over it and move on. Itís a game after all, not real life. French people wouldnít leave a game of COD WW2 just because they are on the German side, as the Germans took their country over in 2 weeks. If you are a Chinese person who wonít buy/wonít play the game anymore because your warriors are simply aiding an imaginary faction in a video game, maybe the game just isnít for you.

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 03:29 AM
to be honest im not hyped at all, the last thing i would expect is a monk to come into the game, seems to stupid in my opinion, the siege mode though seems pretty awesome, finally i can play something to grind xp rather than dominion...

NHLGoldenKnight
06-12-2018, 06:53 AM
I am so hyped!
1. Can't wait for monk who will be able to block my Lawbringer's pole axe with nothing more but a wooden staff or bo is it called?

2. Can't wait long enough for Centurion 2.0, or whatever that warrior is. God knows try hards need more options.

3. Can't wait for new lady assasin armed with gardening tools. We all know what that one gonna end. Not good, at least for everyone not playing an assasin class. But who really cares? Ubi developers have some nerdy crush on lady assasins and they are not even trying to hide their biased opinion.

4. Can't wait for ridiculous number of new unblockables, fast light chains and cheesy GB moves in form of kung-fu style kicks and punches. Yeahhh.. lucky we.