PDA

View Full Version : Minimum DirectX12? Assassin's Creed Odyssey on only Windows 10??

Voidolt
06-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Ubisoft you better give us a correct anwser because idk if its a mistake. I checked AC Odyssey on Steam and there's a minimum and maximum requirements and its only says (DirectX12), so does that's mean this game will run only on Spyware shi**y system Windows 10? If that's is not a mistake, looks like less players will buy this game. Great Job Ubisoft. First Denuvo+VMProtect and now Only-Windows 10. Shame Ubisoft.

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Le sigh.

timpbader
06-12-2018, 12:55 AM
How can so many bad decisions be made after a game so well received like Origins.

Will_Lucky
06-12-2018, 01:37 AM
It was to be expected eventually, DX12 will suceed DX11 completely one day which means W10 only.

Besides they might have other incentives for doing so.

Voidolt
06-12-2018, 02:00 AM
It was to be expected eventually, DX12 will suceed DX11 completely one day which means W10 only.

Besides they might have other incentives for doing so.

Okay so... Is thats fine for you if Ubisoft games will be only-windows 10? Look at other new games, doesn't even require DirectX 12 yet.. Not if Windows 7 is still supported until 2020-2021.

Anykeyer
06-12-2018, 09:53 AM
I bet its just a placeholder. No need to start wars because of this yet.

MEZesUBI
06-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Most probably will have the same requirements as Origins, as the game engine seems to be the same, with no additional enhancement. But then again, I see no reason not to update your OS, you could just run a spy-killer, disable all MS IPs and have a Spy-free OS. But this is off topic.

What really matters is,-how I asked in a previous post- if this title would have a performance-demanding DRM, like Origins did, or not. It would really be cool, if Ubi would just let Denuvo and any other DRM, and use only Uplay login. It would be better for their budget for not purchasing a lousy third party protection system, which would eventually be cracked, better for the PC community for being able to run the game with the expected performance and, last but not least, better for sales!

OxIdOAC
06-12-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't think so, but - nothing is true, everything is permitted.... as they say...
If yes, well then, one less 100 € in your pocket from me...

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Most probably will have the same requirements as Origins, as the game engine seems to be the same, with no additional enhancement. But then again, I see no reason not to update your OS, you could just run a spy-killer, disable all MS IPs and have a Spy-free OS. But this is off topic.

What really matters is,-how I asked in a previous post- if this title would have a performance-demanding DRM, like Origins did, or not. It would really be cool, if Ubi would just let Denuvo and any other DRM, and use only Uplay login. It would be better for their budget for not purchasing a lousy third party protection system, which would eventually be cracked, better for the PC community for being able to run the game with the expected performance and, last but not least, better for sales!

Pretty sure they know what they're doing when it comes to metrics as to what is and isn't better regarding their anti-piracy techniques and what will and won't sell based on PC specs and such.

Uplay is not a good stand alone DRM on it's own. Denuvo does it's job well enough.

Will_Lucky
06-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Okay so... Is thats fine for you if Ubisoft games will be only-windows 10? Look at other new games, doesn't even require DirectX 12 yet.. Not if Windows 7 is still supported until 2020-2021.

You mean a 9 year old operating system that isn't supported anymore going forward by Intel/AMD CPU's? I'm fine with this.

Swailing
06-12-2018, 06:56 PM

100% fine with it, yes. I don't mind lower spec machines holding back standards a little bit, but your insistence on Win7 and no DX12 isn't something you should expect to be accommodated. Windows 10 is overwhelmingly popular among PC players with the hardware to play the latest ACs.

Helforsite
06-12-2018, 08:47 PM
I know some people arent fond of Windows 10 and I am not really a fan either, but if that is what is necessary to get a DX12 or Vulkan based engine/game then I am all for it, because they are both much better than DX11, especially since all consoles are based on AMD hardware.

This isn't really relevant though, because as Origins wasn't DX12, I cant imagine they went through all the trouble to put together a good DX12 version of the engine in 12 months. And official recommended specs haven't been released yet and probably won't be until a month or so before launch.

Alekero
06-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Oh those kiddos who don't wanna play on Win10 (and be a part of progress) and don't know how to disable any "spying" stuff through registry or politics. Maybe you even live in caves? lol

MnemonicSyntax
06-12-2018, 09:07 PM
This isn't really relevant though, because as Origins wasn't DX12, I cant imagine they went through all the trouble to put together a good DX12 version of the engine in 12 months.

3 years. Not 12 months.

MEZesUBI
06-13-2018, 07:15 AM
Uplay is not a good stand alone DRM on it's own. Denuvo does it's job well enough.

...Sigh.... CD Projekt Red....no DRM, millions of copies sold even today...

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 07:25 AM
...Sigh.... CD Projekt Red....no DRM, millions of copies sold even today...

Sigh... CD Projekt Red is NOT Ubisoft. Still sell millions of copies of their games.

Helforsite
06-13-2018, 07:36 AM
3 years. Not 12 months.

I know that Odyssey was in development for 3+ years, but since it uses the same engine as Origins, I can't see them having ported it to DX12 in the 12 months from Origins to Odyssey's release and it would be kind of strange of them to no have released Origins with DX12 if they had already finished or were almost finished with the port before Origins came out.

MEZesUBI
06-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Sigh... CD Projekt Red is NOT Ubisoft. Still sell millions of copies of their games.

That's the whole point. Purchasing the VM-based DRM systems, which have an impact on performance is just mocking the PC customers and even the staff, and it's a waste of money.
Imagine: your team creates a lovable, flawless product, and the corporate guy comes with a flawed third party protection solution he bought for some millions of dollars, forcing you devs to implement it for the cost of performance. Wouldn't you feel somewhat mocked, cheated?
The idea is, that this "DRM brings more sales" business illusion is just harmful to a good product, and it's not just me sharing this point of view.

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2018, 09:53 AM
That's the whole point. Purchasing the VM-based DRM systems, which have an impact on performance is just mocking the PC customers and even the staff, and it's a waste of money.
Imagine: your team creates a lovable, flawless product, and the corporate guy comes with a flawed third party protection solution he bought for some millions of dollars, forcing you devs to implement it for the cost of performance. Wouldn't you feel somewhat mocked, cheated?
The idea is, that this "DRM brings more sales" business illusion is just harmful to a good product, and it's not just me sharing this point of view.

I am a PC customer. I have never experienced issues with any sort of DRM in any game. Maybe because I don't have a potato computer.

That being said, you're free to have any point of view you like. Doesn't make it correct. Ubisoft has been doing this for a long time, I'm again, quite sure they have the metrics that show what is and isn't good for their customer base while also maintaining the "fair use" of their products.

I never once stated that "DRM brings more sales" either. What I clearly said was that Uplay on its own is not good DRM, and that Ubi's has the metrics to decide what is best to use.

I didn't even say I agreed with it. I was just stating facts based specifically what I said. Nothing more.

Rhinala
06-13-2018, 06:04 PM
The witcher 3 is a great example of how a customer should be treated.
No useless DRM, i cant find the incentive to use it, if it will get hacked few days after the game launch, it only cost money that could have been invested in the game.
Free DLC that will give the player that the company care.
In my opinion a caring company will win the heart and the pocket of their player base.

Regarding the DX12 requirement, it seems like it was removed from steam today.

CN21Gaming
06-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Where has it been announced that it will use dx12 only? I cant seem to find any info on it.

OxIdOAC
06-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Yep, Steam removed DX12 min. sys. req......