PDA

View Full Version : AC Odyssey isn't looking great.

SwiftyLovesYou
06-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, the setting is really cool and I'm sure the story is fine.
The thing that is worrying me is the animations. They're literally using most of the animations from AC Origins.
When it comes to combat, parkour & assassination animations, AC Origins was by far the worse in the franchise.
It looks like AC Odyssey is simply copying and pasting the parkour form Origins, which is terrible.
There where multiple reused combat finishers as well.
It's basically going to be AC Origins in a new location with some MMO abilities. The animations and fluidity is what many people loved AC for, as well as great storytelling.
I think this game is a bad move for Ubisoft.

TheBluprint09
06-12-2018, 04:46 PM
The animations are similar, but they're different. Most of the sword play uses both hands with the spear and one and aword in the other.

I think the main problem with the animations is they play out too fast and don't always look like they're actually landing a blow.

FOX_1976_FOX
06-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, the setting is really cool and I'm sure the story is fine.
The thing that is worrying me is the animations. They're literally using most of the animations from AC Origins.
When it comes to combat, parkour & assassination animations, AC Origins was by far the worse in the franchise.
It looks like AC Odyssey is simply copying and pasting the parkour form Origins, which is terrible.
There where multiple reused combat finishers as well.
It's basically going to be AC Origins in a new location with some MMO abilities. The animations and fluidity is what many people loved AC for, as well as great storytelling.
I think this game is a bad move for Ubisoft.

Exactly my thoughts.
Parcour is a bad joke in ACO and it seems to be the same in ACOD because it is a simple copy of ACO.
We are getting the same crap as usual from UBI.

I am sure the same ridiculous CPU utilization because of double and triple DRM on PC is going to hit ACOD as well.
And all the other graphical problems from ACO will be visible in ACOD as well.

ProdiGurl
06-19-2018, 07:59 PM
The Dev said they started working on Odyssey as soon as they finished Syndicate.
As far as combat, I'm not seeing that it's very close to Origins, I'm seeing new moves but yes they are using the newer Combat system which I'm glad about.
We apparently won't be using shields so that'll be different for fighting and the spear head in place of the hidden blade too. The more I saw, the more I liked it
Passing this link along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzn-qHm9sK0

quanzaizai
06-19-2018, 09:29 PM
The Dev said they started working on Odyssey as soon as they finished Syndicate.
As far as combat, I'm not seeing that it's very close to Origins, I'm seeing new moves but yes they are using the newer Combat system which I'm glad about.
We apparently won't be using shields so that'll be different for fighting and the spear head in place of the hidden blade too. The more I saw, the more I liked it
Passing this link along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzn-qHm9sK0
without shield but at least they need to have some sort of system that keep our char facing the enemy when moving backward. example soft locking in the witcher 3. blocking system like shield ACO which make you enter fight mode or guard mode. they do have the locking system to do that but it force you into fighting 1 enemy at a time but most of the time you wont fight 1 enemy + locking system is very clunky camera works

Frag_Maniac
06-20-2018, 04:47 AM
without shield but at least they need to have some sort of system that keep our char facing the enemy when moving backward.
None of the videos showing the new combat system have shown anything like a backward dodge, so I doubt they will. It used to not bother me in Origins, but now that I'm playing on a harder difficulty mode I find I often have to look away from the enemy and dodge sideways continuously to get far enough away to recover rafter being hit. I've had success taking out lots of enemies, but it's not a defensive style I like.

MnemonicSyntax
06-20-2018, 05:23 AM
None of the videos showing the new combat system have shown anything like a backward dodge.

There is a back handspring that is the new backwards dodge.

quanzaizai
06-20-2018, 09:07 AM
There is a back handspring that is the new backwards dodge.

yeah the backward rolling but I dont really like it much because its very funny if you have to roll all over the place. Actually we can still do backward dodge by 2 ways: 1st press dodge with no direction in analog stick it will automaticlly do backward. 2nd lock on to an enemy. AS I said I really hate lock on because the camera work is clunky and it force u into 1 enemy. when in a fight brely somone dodge with no direction to do backward. Yes I still see the dodge but not rolling out maybe because youtuber unintentionally double press dodge buttion all the time so it turns to rooling instead of dodge. In ACO it was 2 dodge and 1 roll, but in ACOD I think it gonna be 1 press is dodge double press is rolling.

on another hand they can introduce the soft locking system like the witcher 3. by that whatever your direction in your analog stick you still facing enemy and the dodge is more realistic. I dont think it's hard to do that at all