PDA

View Full Version : It's good that Beyond Good & Evil 2 offers Online and Offline game-play.

mwhps
06-11-2018, 10:40 PM
It is good that BGE2 is both Online and Offline play because with today's data caps of 1TB it is important to have single-player (Offline Play). More options the better; makes everybody happy. More American internets are being data capped to 1TB and some people don't have great online. So, this should be highly noted. :cool:

Moshpet01
06-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I like the idea of the online and offline world, yet, I have game that I seldom play with both elements, due to the fact that the online side of it turned into a gankfest if you are open worlding it.

Oh sure the game in question has a play only with friends option, and thus filters you out of the bulk of the problems, yet, if your friends are not online and you have the day open, it gets boring fast.

While I am not opposed to people who want to do PvP, I am a firm propoant that it should be by choice and not forced by game mechanics. There should be several options for the servers, PvE, PVP, PvE Role Play and PvP Role Play. Though over time, it sually breaks down into PvE, Pve Role and PvP, PvP RP-lite.

Having the various online set ups allows the various playstyes to not cripple or impare the others. (EG: PvP players feeling that they are forced to be Care-Bears and vice-versa.)

Me, I am old, I don't have the reflexes or desire to wade through the digital blood of player's charaters, I'd rather work as a team an kill the bosses in game. Ya, know?

TTFN,
Moshren

Legion-495
06-12-2018, 07:37 PM
This world is so strange.
People being happy with an offline mode while it should be a normal thing.
At least that is my opinion^^

And I agree with the PvE-PvP talk there. I avoid PvP usually.

Flashi3q
06-14-2018, 08:54 PM
I could see something like a PvP mode in this game, pirate ship battle of some sort or just simply races with other players around space and tracks on planets. This way you would still be in your own game without unwanted players getting into your game to mess up.

City-Hunter01
06-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Based on the previous answers, one thing the devs could do, is add the mini-games found in the Pub/Bistro (remembering BG&E 1) to allow them for multiplayer interaction.