PDA

View Full Version : Ambient music - Ubi please don't mess this up.

Jarek23
06-11-2018, 10:33 PM
The game looks amazing, as expected. But there needs to be non situational ambient music, preferably with the frequency option in the menu. Origins was amazing and it was one of my favorite open worlds to explore ever, but it would have gotten boring after a while without the music because it was such a large map. As the worlds get bigger, the games need music more than ever. Please UBI.

dave525231
06-12-2018, 12:02 AM
I doubt it sadly. All the gameplay shown has none....when roaming anyways. Now People will claim it's an early build but the exact same happened with origins...all the pre release stuff had little/no ambient music....just like the final game.

Also syndicate (who are the Devs here) had little/no ambient music so they are clearly not keen.

A shame

D34th87
06-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you not see last night E3 unveil. The classic AC lick is back but with a balleilakka tone to it. I'm looking forward to it.

Jarek23
06-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you not see last night E3 unveil. The classic AC lick is back but with a balleilakka tone to it. I'm looking forward to it.

Are YOU kidding me.

NON SITUATIONAL AMBIENT MUSIC - I feel like this needs to be explained every single damn time this comes up, how do you not know the difference?

Situational - Combat, cutscene, mission, near a viewpoint, using senu etc. Events that trigger music to start playing.

Ambient - exploring the world, riding your horse in the middle of nowhere, just messing about, non situational without specific events or actions triggering the music, music that just comes and goes.

cawatrooper9
06-15-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure we can necessarily say that ambient music is not in the game simply because it wasn't featured in demos.

This would be a great question for the developers, though ;)

Jarek23
06-15-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure we can necessarily say that ambient music is not in the game simply because it wasn't featured in demos.

This would be a great question for the developers, though ;)

I've been asking this question with every game release since AC3 and the developers NEVER reply. Feel free to look at my post history. I think I make one of these threads just about every year, lol.

The only time I actually got a reply was last year when I contacted Sarah Schachner through Twitter and she was kind enough to inform me that there was going to be ambient music.

cawatrooper9
06-15-2018, 08:21 PM
I've been asking this question with every game release since AC3 and the developers NEVER reply. Feel free to look at my post history. I think I make one of these threads just about every year, lol.

The only time I actually got a reply was last year when I contacted Sarah Schachner through Twitter and she was kind enough to inform me that there was going to be ambient music.

Fair enough. I was gonna say, I definitely remembered it confirmed before release with Origins.

FYI, a member of the Mentors Guild, Turul, confirmed in an AMA (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/8rb826/ive_played_8_hours_of_assassins_creed_odyssey_in/) that ambient music does indeed return.

When asked if ambient music is in the game:

"Yes! And it's beautiful and melodic! very instrument based and sounds authentic."

Jarek23
06-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks.

I actually posted in that thread asking as well, more specifically though explaining since people often don't exactly understand, as seen in this thread.

He just replied 10 minutes ago.

[–]Arcade23 (https://www.reddit.com/user/Arcade23) 1 point 55 minutes ago*
Is there ambient non situational music?
I expect there to be music during combat, during missions, cutscenes, using the eagle etc. That's situational.
But when you're out and about, no mission, no enemies near by, no towers to climb, nothing, no specific action or event triggering the music, just you in the middle of nowhere or the middle of a town exploring the world. Is there ambient music?

[–]Turul9 (https://www.reddit.com/user/Turul9)Moderator // Mentors Guild Member[S (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/8rb826/ive_played_8_hours_of_assassins_creed_odyssey_in/)] [score hidden] 9 minutes ago
Yes! there is ambient music.

So there is hope!

I really just can't imagine playing these games anymore without it, especially now that the worlds are getting massive. It went from a plus to a must have.

ProdiGurl
06-16-2018, 12:29 PM

I won't fondly reminisce about the music in Brotherhood (City of Rome) - but this topic is really important to me and like you, it wasn't until AC3 that I noticed how 'dead' the game felt without ambient music going on thru-out the game!
Honestly, it was a game breaker for me & I was shocked that it was such a big factor.

Whatever happened to Jesper Kyd?

>>I really just can't imagine playing these games anymore without it, especially now that the worlds are getting massive. It went from a plus to a must have. <<
100% ! This might be something ALL AC fans could unite on

karoomii
06-16-2018, 05:20 PM
What I really enjoyed about ambient music from AC1-ACR was the fact the songs were about 3-4 minutes each. Although ambient music is present in Origins, they only use a 10 second clip of the original piece, which I dont understand why theyd do that.

I was watching some Odyssey gameplay the other day and heard some beautiful ambient music that stretched for several minutes. Im hoping this stays.

ProdiGurl
06-16-2018, 06:32 PM
I took this from the Thread: Your Guide To Everything We know So Far -

Sound

Over 30 hours of dialogue have been recorded for the game.

The soundtrack is composed by The Flight.

Alexios is voiced by Michael Antonakos.

Kassandra is voiced by Melissanthi Mahut.

The Origins composer, Sarah Schachner has confirmed (https://twitter.com/SarahSchachner/status/1002445139522883584) that she has not worked on the Odyssey soundtrack.

Stedmister
06-17-2018, 11:23 PM
I took this from the Thread: Your Guide To Everything We know So Far -

Sound

Over 30 hours of dialogue have been recorded for the game.

The soundtrack is composed by The Flight.

Alexios is voiced by Michael Antonakos.

Kassandra is voiced by Melissanthi Mahut.

The Origins composer, Sarah Schachner has confirmed (https://twitter.com/SarahSchachner/status/1002445139522883584) that she has not worked on the Odyssey soundtrack.

I asked Sarah personally, The Flight have been imvolved in some other big franchises, and she also has faith in them.

quanzaizai
06-17-2018, 11:50 PM
In ACO i see option to make music more frequent maybe thisone also has it. I dont remember the demo but i hear it alot every time i check utuber gameplay so i dont think you should be worry about this

Kiroku
06-18-2018, 01:19 PM
For clarification: Did Origins have ambient music too? Because I miss the background music from AC2/ACB a lot :S

ProdiGurl
06-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Brotherhood is by far the best & my favorite soundtrack/ambient music out of all the games