PDA

View Full Version : Siege Mode

Bl4zingk
06-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!

Illyrian_King
06-11-2018, 10:20 PM
SSSSSIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK :cool::cool::cool:

My greatest For Honor wish came true !!!

Lord_Cherubi
06-11-2018, 10:35 PM
****IN FINALLY!! Thank you devs! The new heroes also look amazing

KitingFatKidsEZ
06-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Game needs more modes since the current ones are ALL basically overrun with activity Kappa

ArmoredChocobo
06-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Oh boy another thing that'll go dead within a month or so.

BlowHard74728
06-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Maybe so, but itll be a hell of a fun month so im all for it

DakaDakaTimmy
06-11-2018, 11:16 PM
https://youtu.be/IAgERnDdOoU
Looks good! That hero remind anyone else of Cent?

Helnekromancer
06-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Oh trust it me it wont be dead, the fact that every Defending Faction will have a "King" to defend is going to be so much fun. Playing the Objective actually matters in this mode and I will gladly play that.

DakaDakaTimmy
06-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Oh trust it me it wont be dead, the fact that every Defending Faction will have a "King" to defend is going to be so much fun. Playing the Objective actually matters in this mode and I will gladly play that.

Objectives that actually matter! Send a team mate to clear the archers whilst you push the ram or defend against an attacker. Co ordinated teams could do great in this, might even force more ppl in rando queue to communicate

SpaceJim12
06-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Well, if we all look at this video, we will see some...unbalanced things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgERnDdOoU&feature=youtu.be

I could say defenders will win 80% of matches. Cause all they need to do is kill attackers again and again, while attackers need to care about a lot of objectives. And in the end defenders have Apollyon with Double Gudmundr health bar and one shot kill attack. Are you serious?

Okita_Soji..
06-12-2018, 12:02 AM
Happy we get a siege mode finally, but sad it's still only 4v4. Was really hoping for a larger group like 8v8 or even a 4v4v4. Hope the maps are decent size and more than just one. The graphics are always top notch.

The_B0G_
06-12-2018, 01:51 AM
Ahhhhh ****!!! I'm so fired up with this, I'm not sure if anyone else had the same ideas on here or not but this mode is just like the one I made a thread about a year ago.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1667113-Game-mode-idea-Siege-Mode

CandleInTheDark
06-12-2018, 02:20 AM
Happy we get a siege mode finally, but sad it's still only 4v4. Was really hoping for a larger group like 8v8 or even a 4v4v4. Hope the maps are decent size and more than just one. The graphics are always top notch.

Three new maps according to the For Honor site.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 02:32 AM
Actually, it's an objective mode where the objective actually matters! Plus it's been the number one mode requested by the community. If anything it'll be Dominion that will be dead within a month of Castle Siege being introduced. I for one will be playing the crap out of the Siege mode and if it's good I won't have a reason to touch Dominion ever again since Siege will be a 100% better version of it.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 02:37 AM
Well, if we all look at this video, we will see some...unbalanced things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgERnDdOoU&feature=youtu.be

I could say defenders will win 80% of matches. Cause all they need to do is kill attackers again and again, while attackers need to care about a lot of objectives. And in the end defenders have Apollyon with Double Gudmundr health bar and one shot kill attack. Are you serious?
Well it looks like both sides have a limited number of respawn "tickets" to use. If the attackers can kill the defenders' heros enough times they'll have the King all by himself. Also, once the attackers kill the defenders' archers and take over the ballista and burning oil cauldron points those points stay defeated for good.

At a very early glance I'd say there's plenty of opportunity for a fair and extremely fun game mode.

ChampionRuby50g
06-12-2018, 07:21 AM
One thing I hope this new mode has is some very immersive audio. Such as when the attackers are pushing the battering ram to the gates, you can hear them chanting in sync, captains and the king yelling encouragement, and so on. Gets the hairs on my arm standing up and goosebumps thinking about it.

SpaceJim12
06-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Well it looks like both sides have a limited number of respawn "tickets" to use. If the attackers can kill the defenders' heros enough times they'll have the King all by himself. Also, once the attackers kill the defenders' archers and take over the ballista and burning oil cauldron points those points stay defeated for good.

Didn't noticed respawn tickets for defenders.
Still, wait for details on upcoming Den.

Update: No tickets for defenders. http://prntscr.com/jtyzr3
So they could die again and again without limit, and if respawn zone will not be around king, so it could be zerg rush strategy here. Die, respawn, go to the ram. Until attackers will loose all their respawn tickets. Deathball could happend here as well, but modified.

Illyrian_King
06-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Three new maps according to the For Honor site.

There will be only 3 maps for Breach at launch??
Hopefully they also use some of the Dominion maps like Shard or Citadell Gate ... they would fit perfectly.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 11:17 AM
I really hope that this will boost the games population.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Didn't noticed respawn tickets for defenders.
Still, wait for details on upcoming Den.

Update: No tickets for defenders. http://prntscr.com/jtyzr3
So they could die again and again without limit, and if respawn zone will not be around king, so it could be zerg rush strategy here. Die, respawn, go to the ram. Until attackers will loose all their respawn tickets. Deathball could happend here as well, but modified.
You're right. Looks like the attackers might have a tougher time of it then the defenders. Depends on how easily the Ram gets killed and how the final rush on the King is done. Attackers might have to always stay in pairs or stay in a group seeing as how they can't afford to die to an execution and use up tickets. Reviving didn't look like it uses up a ticket so there's still quite a bit of strategy to the mode.

Basically the attackers have to make sure nobody gets executed as much as possible. Always have someone free to run around and do revives and keep that Ram safe. The defenders can just keep throwing themselves at the attackers sure, but I think only minions and the burning oil can damage the ram. Of course there's also the question of feats. Technically the Knight attackers can all just Catapult the enemy King to death in under 5 seconds for example.

Will have to wait for more details I guess.

SpaceJim12
06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
You're right. Looks like the attackers might have a tougher time of it then the defenders. Depends on how easily the Ram gets killed and how the final rush on the King is done. Attackers might have to always stay in pairs or stay in a group seeing as how they can't afford to die to an execution and use up tickets. Reviving didn't look like it uses up a ticket so there's still quite a bit of strategy to the mode.

Basically the attackers have to make sure nobody gets executed as much as possible. Always have someone free to run around and do revives and keep that Ram safe. The defenders can just keep throwing themselves at the attackers sure, but I think only minions and the burning oil can damage the ram. Of course there's also the question of feats. Technically the Knight attackers can all just Catapult the enemy King to death in under 5 seconds for example.

Will have to wait for more details I guess.

Yes, attackers just need to revive themselfs, but that leads us to something I already noticed. The attackers have a bunch of things they should care about, while defenders could care only about kills and ram. The could just stay around ram to stop it and wait for attackers to come.
Yes, we need to wait for details, but for now this looks pretty unbalanced.

The_B0G_
06-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Yes, attackers just need to revive themselfs, but that leads us to something I already noticed. The attackers have a bunch of things they should care about, while defenders could care only about kills and ram. The could just stay around ram to stop it and wait for attackers to come.

No matter what game you play, attackers always have the disadvantage, it's jusylt how it goes. Get yourself a guy with fast revives on attackers team and you'll wreck.

UbiJurassic
06-12-2018, 08:52 PM

There's certainly a lot going on in the gameplay we've shown for Breach, but we'll certainly look to release more details as we get closer and closer to October.