PDA

View Full Version : The games population

ChampionRuby50g
06-11-2018, 02:53 AM
I think itís time we need to have another discussion on how many players are currently playing the game. Itís midday here in Australia, on a public holiday (cheers Queen Lizzy, happy birthday mate) and for the past 10 games, I have come across the same pre-made team of 4 every single time. Iíve left and searched again, found them. Stayed after the lobby, my random team mates left and joined again. Left at the end of the next game, searched and found the pre-made team with the same players on my side again. Only after probably the 5th game did my team get some other players who I hadnít seen yet, but mostly it was the same.

To add insult to injury, during one game one of the pre-made disconnected early on, so it was 3v2, as I had two bots on my team. I saw that a player was then starting to join and I thought ďsweet, they should join my team to make it even, and as they are a pre-made I donít think the game would put them on their team.Ē Boy was I wrong. I thought I read somewhere that a change had been introduced that put joining players on the team with the least amount of skill, which one would assume would be my team considering there are two bots with me. Or has that not come into the game yet? Regardless, it just made the experience worse. And the fact that itís a public holiday means a lot of Aussies would be at home today, so you think there would be many players online, but apprently it isnít so either. So at the end of that game, the remaining 3 players left to pick their mate up again, I left the lobby too and within 2 minutes of searching I found the pre-made team with the same player I had on my team last game on my side, with one other player who I had played with earlier.

So on a public holiday, Iím finding the same players over and over again. To me, that just reeks of a low player population. I know Oceania wouldnít have as many players as other regions, but come on. People saying that the game has Moreno players than ever, I really donít believe it. I donít know if the steam numbers show an increase or decrease, but I know Ubisoft would have hard numbers on their population, and I kinda excpected to hear something about it in the blog post. But maybe they want to keep it quiet because of E3, and if players who are on the fence about getting the game see that the playerbase is as low as it is, it would turn them off from playing. So right now, I can only hope E3 brings something massive to the table that can really turn the numbers and my experience around, and I can actually play against a variety of players. As Candle said in another post, we still see posts with the last comment been created 24 hours ago on the front page of general discussion. Hell, a month ago that would never be happening.

So what are your guys thoughts? Is the playerbase really declining, or was my experience this morning/afternoon just bad luck?

Madjickal
06-11-2018, 03:13 AM
Aussie player here PS4. Today and the last week has been slow not to mention getting stuck at the versus screen. I have had different teams most of the day so you may just be unlucky. I know the feeling though as similar has happened to me so I went and played against bots for a bit.

BlowHard74728
06-11-2018, 03:16 AM
I personally dont think it was a matter of bad luck. Lately when i start a 1v1 im put with a bot because the game cant find anyone. And this happens back to back

Liberty WaIk
06-11-2018, 06:20 AM
They already said that The Division averages 400 pvp players per day and 3200 pve players per day.

ChampionRuby50g
06-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Aussie player here PS4. Today and the last week has been slow not to mention getting stuck at the versus screen. I have had different teams most of the day so you may just be unlucky. I know the feeling though as similar has happened to me so I went and played against bots for a bit.

Iím on Xbox, and I could understand 3 or 4 games been a coincidence at this stage of the games life, but literally 10 matches? Thatís more than a coincidence.

ChampionRuby50g
06-11-2018, 06:52 AM
They already said that The Division averages 400 pvp players per day and 3200 pve players per day.

Sorry, but what does that have to do with For Honor? The division has been out for2 Years and a couple months, For Honor a year and a quarter. Division had its own problems plaguing the game which caused the playerbase to die off. They are both entire different genres too, and Ubisoft only published the Division, Massive Entertainment developed it. Ubisoft developed and published For Honor. The only similarities between the two games are the 6/10 rating on steam, according to google. The Division 2 just looks like a reskin of the first anyway, I wasnít impressed by the trailer.

Mia.Nora
06-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Fellow Oceania player here from NZ on PC.

Playerbase so small that I can almost only play new people if I VPN to east coast US, otherwise same 10 people all day long.
It really annoys me that I have to VPN to change servers, it should be in the game settings.

ChampionRuby50g
06-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Fellow Oceania player here from NZ on PC.

Playerbase so small that I can almost only play new people if I VPN to east coast US, otherwise same 10 people all day long.
It really annoys me that I have to VPN to change servers, it should be in the game settings.

It really should. Iíve been playing Battlefield 4 again recently, and itís amazed me how friendly the UI and menus are. Itís great because at times there arenít many servers open or with the DLC, so I can easily switch to any region I want to find the maps I want. Pubg even allows me to change between Oceania and the rest of the world.

EDG_Avocado
06-11-2018, 09:21 AM
game population as low as it has ever been.

2k players on PC maybe less

PDXGorechild
06-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Same experience here the last 3 evenings I've played in the UK on PS4. Each time I log on there's low population on everything other than dominion which is at an all time low in terms of toxicity. Takes 5 minutes or so to get on anything that isn't dominion and it's a lot of the same players you see.

Incredibly frustrating, boring and putting me off playing tbh.

The E3 announcement better be f*cking good. If it isn't, I think I'm out.

Alustar.
06-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Definitely feeling disappointed I paid for the PC version at this point. I hate that dominion is the only thing active.
To me it feels like a lot of this has to do with Ubisoft's inability to deal with the ganking meta. All I see are groups in dominion who want to run in packs.

Erhanninja
06-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Same here on PS4 in the UK as well. Only dominion is active. And itís always same people so memorised their names already.

The problem isnít even About people running in groups anymore. Everyday I come across raiders just try to grab coming from behind. If they canít they go about run again and try again and again. Same with LB impale or Cent charged attack. Or shinobi waiting far away just to GB and run away when I get close coz no way to catch him. I understand itís the move but for me itís just toxic. Just my personal opinion

ChampionRuby50g
06-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Same experience here the last 3 evenings I've played in the UK on PS4. Each time I log on there's low population on everything other than dominion which is at an all time low in terms of toxicity. Takes 5 minutes or so to get on anything that isn't dominion and it's a lot of the same players you see.

Incredibly frustrating, boring and putting me off playing tbh.

The E3 announcement better be f*cking good. If it isn't, I think I'm out.

Yeah I get what you mean about it been boring. Like I personally donít mind coming up against pre-mates when Iím solo too much, itís more of a challenge than playing against solo players and all the more satisfying when you win, but with how repetitive itís getting and seeing the same names over and over again gets boring and frustrating. Iíd like some variety in my matches. Unless E3 changes something and draws heaps of players in, I canít see FH surviving past this November with all these new games just announced.