PDA

View Full Version : Shaman

FeintThat
06-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Hello,

When can we expect a rework/nerf of this heroe? I play as valkyrie which has 3 combos. When shaman can jump 15m, fain jumps, change the direction of attack in the middle of the combo etc...

Erhanninja
06-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Shaman is a bit of pain to fight against.
She feints jumps with no recovery also attack is heavy so she can execute you but if you parry you only get a light so itís not viable.

I usually do hidden stance as Nobushi or side dash into shield bash as Conq. Canít you do that Valk back step full block into shield bash? Or maybe dodge attack? Not sure if Valk avoids the attack with dodge attack.

Alustar.
06-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Valkyrie will be getting a rework soon, so there is really no point in calling for a nerf the way you are.
That is the main problem with players like you, rather than asking for help from the forums or advice from other Valkyrie players, or hell even maybe a shaman player, you'd much rather just cry at Ubisoft to nerf **** you don't like.
And just fyi, ever character can change direction of their attacks mid combo. That's the point.

MuscleTech12018
06-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Valkyrie will be getting a rework soon, so there is really no point in calling for a nerf the way you are.
That is the main problem with players like you, rather than asking for help from the forums or advice from other Valkyrie players, or hell even maybe a shaman player, you'd much rather just cry at Ubisoft to nerf **** you don't like.
And just fyi, ever character can change direction of their attacks mid combo. That's the point.

And just fyi, ever character can change direction of their attacks mid combo. That's the point[B][/B

Nice FAIL there :))

Vakris_One
06-10-2018, 01:23 PM
And just fyi, ever character can change direction of their attacks mid combo. That's the point[B][/B

Care to explain? Because Alustar is correct. Every single character that has an attack chain longer than one light or heavy attack can indeed change the direction of the next attack in their combo.

ChampionRuby50g
06-10-2018, 01:31 PM

Hahahahahahhahahahaha

Erhanninja
06-10-2018, 02:30 PM
I think he meant jump attack can come from any direction not normal combos. Like new orochi riptide.

Alustar.
06-10-2018, 05:32 PM
I think he meant jump attack can come from any direction not normal combos. Like new orochi riptide.

You cannot change that mid jump though. Hell I don't even believe you can change it during the running animation.

Alustar.
06-10-2018, 05:33 PM

Allow me to echo Champion:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAnub

Lord_Cherubi
06-11-2018, 12:54 AM
Hard to say by that description but maybe he meant the stab finisher? If so, i have to give him that, that is a cheap move imo. More annoying than anything else tho

DrinkinMyStella
06-11-2018, 02:00 PM
make her recovery time longer and reduce the throw distance.

Alustar.
06-11-2018, 06:41 PM
She doesn't need longer recovery times, she is fine. She is extremely punishable as is parrying her heavy chain is incredibly easy with a slight bit if practice, she can be pulled out of most of her mix ups with quick lights, and her predators hunger/mercy are easily avoidable.

Knight_Raime
06-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Shaman is weird in that she has a kit that can be used at any skill level effectively compared to most kits where only a portion of it can be used against great players.
But it's in my opinion that she's balanced because all of her mix ups have very strong punishes if read correctly. Combined with her damage profile being one of the lowest in the game (outside her bite of course.)

For example. Every hero gets at least a guard break on shaman that she cannot tech out of if you dodge her pounce/bite and wild cats rage (jumping heavy.) Lots of heros can get more than that like centurion gets his full cutscene combo. But the guard break is consistent amongst all heros and is the easiest punish to do after dodging her.

With shaman you have to learn a bit more to combat her compared to a lot of the cast. But once you do she's practically a non threat. For Shaman's that love to feint their pounce/WCR stuff a lot i'd suggest picking up the character itself to get used to the timings for it. That way you can get a feel for how to deal with it. For her jumping heavy specifically you can go into training and que the bot to do that a lot.

The jumping heavy varies speed wise depending on the direction of her heavy which sounds scary but it's not. Just rest your guard on your right (iirc) as that's her fastest heavy. your left side would be her second fastest. and the top being the slowest. If you rest your guard on your right you should be able to react block the other 2. I personally wouldn't recommend learning how to parry these attacks. Rather just block them until you get used to their timing and then dodging to get a GB once you're confident you know the speeds.

She can go into her unblockable heavy even if you block. But you can roll away or, depending on your skills, parry/dodge it. It's a pretty slow animation. A back dodge will avoid whatever she could soft cancel into. and dodging it if she commits to the unblockable gives you a GB. If she manages to confirm a hit on you before going into the unblockable heavy you won't be able to back dodge out of it.

Honestly the only place shaman can be a pain imo these days is 4v4 due to ally bleed letting her bite. But honestly she's only threatening if you let her get in your head.

Baturai
06-11-2018, 07:24 PM
I love the way people try to make Shaman look soooo innocently "balanced"
ahahaha her jaws deal more damage than her Blade dude and you get healed for somereason ahahahahah
xD stop talking about Balance dude.

she is Broken in good hands.. many Pro gamers have also said that in numberous twitch and youtube channels.

Knight_Raime
06-11-2018, 07:29 PM
I love the way people try to make Shaman look soooo innocently "balanced"
ahahaha her jaws deal more damage than her Blade dude and you get healed for somereason ahahahahah
xD stop talking about Balance dude.

she is Broken in good hands.. many Pro gamers have also said that in numberous twitch and youtube channels.

Go troll someone else.