PDA

View Full Version : Is re-installing the only way... (GWX)

CnatcH
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
hey guys. ive got a problem. when i try to load my current career, the game crashes. same thing if i try to start a new one. can i somehow save my current career and play it once ive re-installed GWX ? if so, how? if not, why?

i really really dont want to loose this one.
tho im only on my 7th patrol, 1-5 have been 100k+ patrols, had a dip wiv nr 6, only 85k+. and on the current patrol, 7th, ive managed to sink 1 illustrious wiv one torp, 1 revenge wiv one trop, and a flower corvette wiv 8 rounds from the deckgun.

so guys, if u have a solution for me, pls tell me.

could it be something in my settings??

Thx for any help !

Clueless CnatcH

CnatcH
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
hey guys. ive got a problem. when i try to load my current career, the game crashes. same thing if i try to start a new one. can i somehow save my current career and play it once ive re-installed GWX ? if so, how? if not, why?

i really really dont want to loose this one.
tho im only on my 7th patrol, 1-5 have been 100k+ patrols, had a dip wiv nr 6, only 85k+. and on the current patrol, 7th, ive managed to sink 1 illustrious wiv one torp, 1 revenge wiv one trop, and a flower corvette wiv 8 rounds from the deckgun.

so guys, if u have a solution for me, pls tell me.

could it be something in my settings??

Thx for any help !

Clueless CnatcH

relcox
03-28-2007, 12:46 PM
currnetly having all sorts of issues but here is something they have shownup which will hopefuuly be of help to you

Go into My Documents, find the SH3 folder and drag it onto your desktop, uninstall SH3, (make sure you don't delete this folder if using the search function to get rid of all other SH3 files) then when you have reinstalled and before you launch the game simply drag SH3 back into My Documents from your desktop. Worked a treat for me, courtesy of Tudley3