PDA

View Full Version : Best Assassin's Creed game

AnimusLover
06-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Just doing a quick poll to find out what everyone's favourite Assassin's Creed game is. After you have voted please state why followed by a ranking of each title.
Please don't ask why DLCs like Liberation is not on here - this poll is only about main titles that were on the main consoles FIRST. Liberation started out on a smaller platform.

AnimusLover
06-09-2018, 05:44 PM
I voted Brotherhood because I feel it took all the best parts of ACII and refined it.

It innovated a lot of things that went on to form the main components of this franchise and arguably, every instalment that's come after it has just been a lesser version of its model e.g. a big open city, optional objectives, managing your recruits and using them creatively in both combat and stealth, area liberation.
Excellent mission design and side missions that all felt uniquely tailored rather than cut and paste.
Great climbing puzzles - back in the days when climbing was a craft in itself rather than a means to an end.
Rome being so small in scale meant different areas were easily distinguishable. Great ambient music for each district as well.
A world that feels real and doesn't bend to your will.
Great modern day platforming puzzles.
Ezio in his prime as a full fledged Assassin.

My ranking:
1. AC Brotherhood (great)
2. ACII (great)
3. AC1 (great)
4. AC Black Flag (very good)
5. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (very good)
6. AC III (good)
7. AC Origins (good)
8. AC Unity (bad)
9. AC Revelations (very bad)

Frag_Maniac
06-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Best
AC II
AC IV
AC Origins

Worst
Revelations

RVSage
06-09-2018, 11:39 PM
My best as of now will be
AC IV Black Flag

Alakazou
06-09-2018, 11:52 PM
1. AC3,AC4,AC rogue, Origins are equal

2. AC revelation

3. AC Syndicate, Brotherhood, AC2

4. AC1

5. AC unity

ChasUGC1
06-10-2018, 07:44 AM
#1=Origins. Why?
Better graphics, smoother gameplay, better dialogue, best choice of time period, more evolved AI, more evolved missions.
I mean, you can't beat all the Pyramids, the great sphinx, the lighthouse, Luxor and all the great ancient cities and temples.
And it was so well done. This game has it all. The scenery is breathtaking. I saw the mountains in the background while I was playing, and I thought, "Wow, I could ride there right now and climb those mountains if I wanted to climb them".
The overall success of the game speaks for itself.
Most importantly, this is an Origins forum and I'm not going to hate and troll on Origins here.
It's like someone going to an Eagles(The band) forum and saying that they hate the Eagles or the Eagles suck.
Those type of people have some serious personal issues.
Now, please don't attack me for voicing my opinion.

AnimusLover
06-10-2018, 12:59 PM
@ mods, could you please move this thread into the general Assassin's Creed forum? I've been posting in this forum for so long I forgot that it's exclusively for Origins. Thanks!

GhostAssassinLT
06-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Personally I like the Ezio trilogy the best and my least favourite game is AC IV Blackflag as I feel it's more of a pirate game than an AC game.
That is my opinion though and I respect those who don't agree with me.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Had Origins maintained Unity/syndicate parkour and a tad bit more emphasis in the cities it would've been my choice, but for now AC IV gets my vote despite its shortcomings. I if had to arrange them using tiers the following is my choice:

-AC II, AC IV and Origins at the top.
- AC I and AC III
- Revelations, Syndicate, Brotherhood and Unity
- Rogue and Liberation at the bottom.....

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2018, 04:09 PM
AC2 is a game I could install today to play it again and again and still enjoy it more than any other AC game.

Rank
01. AC2

02. AC1 - a raw game that maybe would've benefit greatly from more development time but the one with the best atmosphere that unfortunately got lost along the way.

03. ACR - I like the setting and I like the story (the historical one), gameplay wise it's an OK game with some pointless features such as the tower defense (as it was) and crafting (that I despise and I think it has no room in AC)

04. AC3 - a true advancement over the previous titles, the best protagonist after Altair and Ezio, the story and the setting were OK, it probably would've been better received if Brotherhood and Revelations never existed though.

05. AC Black Flag - Pirate's Creed, (the naval mechanic) very fun to play but as an AC game it sucks.

06. ACB - A game that was kinda fun to play (due to the kill streak mechanic) but the story wasn't great, should've remained the DLC it was supposed to be.

Never bothered finishing it
07. AC Unity - parkour was fun though.

09. AC Syndicate - My disdain towards the franchise was very high at this point, played a little bit, didn't like what I saw and dropped it.
-----

08. AC Origins - Just started playing it but I dislike the direction they took with it (gameplay-wise since there's no story left to destroy), playing it mostly due to the setting.

OxIdOAC
06-10-2018, 05:49 PM
I voted Black Flag, but it ties with Ezio trilogy, but BF is the game i played many times on PC & PS3 and enjoyed every second of it...
PS4 is around the corner.... ;)

cawatrooper9
06-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Oh man... my rankings always change, but right now I think they looks like this, from favorite to least:

Black Flag
Revelations
Origins
Unity
ACIII
Brotherhood
ACI
Syndicate
Rogue
ACII

Even at my least favorite I still enjoy them though, so apologies in advance for the heretical opinion on ACII.

karoomii
06-11-2018, 06:11 PM
AC1

Obviously gameplay mechanics are very outdated, but aside from that, what I think makes it the best is...

- Setting of game and it's time

- The Creed—I felt like I was more of an assassin due to the stricter rules of the creed...you know, being sneaky and all. Following the rules as to not jeopardize the brotherhood.

- Atmosphere was great, though it was a bit extreme, I did like how each city had its own vibe.

- Villains were very grey, and it seemed like their objectives were noble, however their means by which to achieve said objective wasn't—which made for some great villains.

- The apple of eden felt like a true ancient artifact—the ambiguity to its history and what it was made it all the more interesting.

- Sword fighting, although slow, felt more like sword fighting than any other AC game. When the swords clinged together, you FELT that metal-on-metal feeling. When you thrusted your sword through a man's torso, you could hear that subtle tear of flesh through clothes. When you dug your dagger into a man's skull, you could hear the crack of bone. I think the sound engineering in that sense was incredible.

Aside from all the repetitiveness that came from this game and all the other cons, I really think that the pros out-weigh it when comparing it to newer AC games. Granted, I would undoubtedly play Origins over AC1 for the simple fact that its graphics and gameplay are so much better. Ahhh, one can only hope for a remake.

Bogues03
06-11-2018, 06:45 PM
I think ACB is the best. I never get tired of playing that game. I would rank them like this. I haven't played Origins yet so my rankings could change.

1. ACB- I never get tired of playing this game. Nothing is subpar about this game. Has best antagonist of the series IMO.
2. AC2- great story and missions. Only negative to me is the combat.
3. AC4- great game. Best setting IMO. Only negative was the story and some tailing missions.
4. ACR- really underrated game IMO. Not sure why it is hated but it's a pretty good game.
5. AC Unity- had the best side missions of the series. Paris setting was awesome. They totally got the story wrong as Shay should have been the antagonist in this game.
6. AC3- was a cool game but I didn't like the homestead missions or the economic system in the game.
7. ACS- game was just ok IMO. Wish they could have done medieval England instead.
8. AC Rogue- game was too short and was really just a repeat of black flag.
9. AC1- I don't get why this game is so high on most lists. The side missions were horrible and the game was very repetitive. Only positive to me were the actual assassination missions.

Longevity95405
06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
origins has been my favorite by far, the game itself but also the ACP options

AC3 is my 2nd and then black flag 3rd

MageAquarius20
06-12-2018, 09:21 PM
For me It's like this:

AC 1- Best game, it has the real Assassins feeling to it and actually tells a more intesting story than the other AC. It has a rich atmosphere, a gloomy, yet beautfiul aura, A AWESOME MAIN HERO THAT MADE MORE CHARCTER DEVELOPMENT THAN EZIO EVER DID. The best villians, AWESOME DIALOGUE, great Modern day and is the most challenging

AC- Revelations- A Good conclusion to both story, albeit a bit flawed, expseically the part with Altair, but hey, better than what most AC did.

AC 3- Best MD gameplay, A great story, a good Character and actually being fun, however it made some writing errors that didn´t applealed to me.

AC-2 A charming main character and beautiful atmosphere, the debut to the Isu and good gameplay, but pretty dull compared to the first one.

AC- Brotherhood A bit medicore in storytelling and unnessesarly. The gameplay isn´t super diffrent from the secound game and the only great arc of the story was the Modern day with Lucy,

AC-4 Not a big fan of pirates, but it has some nice features like sailing and such, but is gameplay wise not super amazing. Overall enjoyable

tie between Syndicate and Origins, Origins was gameplay wise better, but storywise much more damaging to the lore, it should be declared non-canon

Unity is the worst, it's a dissapointment to all AC fans, nothing more.

lagrue
06-13-2018, 01:15 AM
I voted for 3 because it's always been an underdog who kind of went unappreciated. It had the best parkour of any game to date. Origins is the only thing that comes close - and even that isn't as fluid as 3 was. Also, being from North America, the themes of Connor losing his mother and village really resonated with me. Not from the US so the revolution part meant little to me - in fact for me history took the backseat in 3, but I was okay with it, but the game did a good job of show casing some of the tragedy of colonization.

I also found Connor had some of the coolest, and most hardcore kill animations. Tomahawks were badassery especially with the blades being shaped like that assassin logo. It also brought the series dynamic weather, hunting, rudimentary naval combat - things that are staples of the gameplay aspect of the series now.

I know alot of people harp on the game, especially for the modern day aspect being well... not that great. But for me AC's modern day story has always been kind of worthless anyway, I care much more about exploring historical locations, personally.