PDA

View Full Version : Importing progress into "live"

johbou
12-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi there, had this q on another forum, but was advised to move it to the "Prologue Tech Support" forum, so hopefully that's where I am:
-------------------------------------
Had my invitation few days ago, yesterday logged in and imported my progress to "live". When visiting Teledahn, which I had completed but still hadn't seen shroomy, things were a bit funny. The lift didn't work anymore, all machinery was rotating except the "sun-follow-umbrella" (needed to aim it again), and when arriving at the "bucket" control room, the lift there was not accessible, i.e. just could not walk in. Confused What's up? Is this due to teh transfer of progress?
------------------------
Update: I found that if I log on the non-live version, I have the same situation...

johbou
12-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi there, had this q on another forum, but was advised to move it to the "Prologue Tech Support" forum, so hopefully that's where I am:
-------------------------------------
Had my invitation few days ago, yesterday logged in and imported my progress to "live". When visiting Teledahn, which I had completed but still hadn't seen shroomy, things were a bit funny. The lift didn't work anymore, all machinery was rotating except the "sun-follow-umbrella" (needed to aim it again), and when arriving at the "bucket" control room, the lift there was not accessible, i.e. just could not walk in. Confused What's up? Is this due to teh transfer of progress?
------------------------
Update: I found that if I log on the non-live version, I have the same situation...

Zardoz
12-04-2003, 11:06 AM
This sounds like a bug (I've had it) that affects the "state" of your world. The lift will be in one place but you will see it in another. It also affects the sun in the scope. Try walking into the lift shaft on the bottom floor (if you can't see it there). If the server thinks that's where you left it, you will walk into the shaft and fall through the world (always fun). If none of this applies, then it's probably a related bug, but I don't think it's from the progress import.

johbou
12-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Yep Zardoz!
That's what it is. Walked into the lift that wasn't there and there I went. OK so it's a known bug then.
Cheerio. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif