PDA

View Full Version : Gore in AC:Brotherhood

UrbanCamoAddict
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to see who is with me on this one. I personally would like there to be gore in the new AC3. What is your opinion and why?

albertwesker22
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Most definitely. I call for their to be decapitations, disembowling and the ability to take a gaurds sword hand right off would be awesome.

Mitro-Blade
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
It doesn't really matter for me. Im gonna get it anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

MetalX2010
05-11-2010, 03:11 PM
that would be nice :P I mean its Rated M anyway not T.. they wont lose customers

Murcuseo
05-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by MetalX2010:
that would be nice :P I mean its Rated M anyway not T.. they wont lose customers

All the idiotic mothers go out and buy the game for their kids anyway, then of course they moan about their kids being mentally disfunctional and blame the Games companies lol

nitres15
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MetalX2010:

All the idiotic mothers go out and buy the game for their kids anyway, then of course they moan about their kids being mentally disfunctional and blame the Games companies lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just cus one stupid kid is ******ed all other gamers under 15 must take his mistake http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

EzioAssassin51
05-17-2010, 02:43 AM
I voted Yes but i wouldn't want it so bad like you can slice someone's head off.

Not because i am scared of that stuff or anything.

I know it's possible but in a video game it would look SOOOOO unrealistic!

The same blood as AC2 (i really liked how they added more blood) and maybe cutting the sword hand off would be good for me.

JohnConnor2012
05-17-2010, 03:16 AM
To be honest, the animation of the blows is a lot 'nastier' than any ensuing blood effects. As in 'ow - wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that one'. And it's intended to be, say the designers, to emphasise the consequences of such violence.

I don't see what this fetish censors have about the blood. AC2 had pretty high ratings, but if portrayed more realistically, they'd show actual gaping wounds, etc., and not just decorously stained clothing. I'm sure this would cause a lot more upset amongst the squeamish.

itsamea-mario
05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd like the blood to stay on the clothes, and contribute to the notoriety, (or replace it) and to get it down you'd have to find like a fountain or something to wash it, or just go and jump in a river.
to much gore does make a game look a bit silly, but if done right it can look good, e.g. slice a guys neck and a reasonable bloodstream sprays out for a bit.

nitres15
05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
moooooooore bloooood hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!
its lame when u stab someone and the blood fade away

EmperorxZurg
05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
well the game is about realism...

rob.davies2014
05-21-2010, 05:03 AM
If u look at the Brotherhood Weapons page on ubi's website it actually says the axe and fan can be used to decapitate victims! pretty gory!

Murcuseo
05-21-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm still waiting for the PEGI rating to be confirmed, I've seen it listed as both 15 and 18 so once thats confirmed we'll have an idea of how bloody it will be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

AMuppetMatt
05-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't want to see things like cutting a guards head of followed by his body staying standing for about 5seconds while a fountain of blood pores out. HOWEVER, mild decapitation (if such thing exists) like cutting of a leg and the guard still being alive shouldn't be too bad.

If it all becomes a bloodbath type thing where you're sword has the same effects on people's bodies as a chainsaw then it's too much, if there's gonna be more gore, there's got to be a balance.

AmazonAlani
05-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Not interested in "gore" as in body parts so much as more blood, and the blood being more realististic.

Also, when the character is down to his last square of health, for example, he should at least be leaving a trail of blood on the ground.

The option to turn up or down the level of "gore" should be included, if possible.

And yes, the animation of the blows is totally awesome and visually powerful!

obliviondoll
05-22-2010, 03:09 AM
The brutality of AC2 is tastefully done, but still nasty enough to get an appropriate "That's gotta hurt" reaction.

If they make it too gory, it'll become a parody of violence instead of something which fits the aesthetic already made.

albertwesker22
05-22-2010, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The brutality of AC2 is tastefully done, but still nasty enough to get an appropriate "That's gotta hurt" reaction.

If they make it too gory, it'll become a parody of violence instead of something which fits the aesthetic already made.

The spear finishers are worst. I cringe every single time.

That being said, decapitations would be a good edition, but only make it possible with a brutes axe or sword. Oh and lock it in boss fights, you can't get a confession from a headless templar.

Abeonis
05-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
...mild decapitation (if such thing exists) like cutting of a leg and the guard still being alive shouldn't be too bad.

Just saying, decapitation refers purely to removing the head; any other part of the body and it's called amputation.

Marios725
05-22-2010, 08:00 AM
why should they put gore at ACB ? this will ruin the game and moreover it will become something like left4dead . it will be unrealistic. ubisoft plz dont put gore !

caswallawn_2k7
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
doesn't add anything to the game, other than a distraction for kids, so don't care either way, have played shooters for years that allow you to take off heads and completely blow up people and it just doesn't add anything to the game or make it more interesting.