PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Schachner not returning to score Odyssey. This game better have ambient music.

Jarek23
06-04-2018, 11:08 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/SarahSchachner/status/1002445139522883584

She did such a great job with Origins, it's sad that she's not returning for this game.

But with or without her, Odyssey absolutely needs ambient, non situational music. Just as Origins did, just as the older games did. But it's more important now because the maps are huge. Origins was massive and without the music coming and going it would have gotten extremely boring listening to...nothing.

Please don't mess this up Ubi.

Also, please include the option for music frequency, just as Origins had, this is best for everyone. For those like myself who rather have it playing almost constantly, and for those who rather have it play rarely.

ThePizzaMan123
06-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I don't think you have any cause for concern. Odyssey will without a doubt have ambient music. It's likely that it's a mutual parting of ways, and/or that Ubisoft's creatives simply preferred someone else's score for this game. Music services are very rarely a contractual obligation and normally just a one-time transaction affair. I know this from being a session musician for a number of years now. It likely works very similarly in the video games industry too.

Jarek23
06-11-2018, 10:29 PM
AC3/Unity/Syndicate did not have ambient music.

Plenty cause for concern.

Kiroku
06-11-2018, 10:38 PM
So the music in the background of odyssey was really chilling in the gameplay footage!

AnimusLover
06-12-2018, 12:05 AM
AC3/Unity/Syndicate did not have ambient music.

Plenty cause for concern.

Neither did Origins. It only had it at the beginning of entering a new city.
It's worth noting that all 4 games were technically problematic so that was probably the reason.

dave525231
06-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Already watched the free roam gameplay and there is none. Origins was the same in pre-release videos and had barely any in final game either so don't bet on it

AnimusLover
06-12-2018, 12:07 AM
I'm glad she's not back. I didn't like the music in Origins. Think it's the weakest of all the games.

D34th87
06-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Hearing the music from the E3 exclusive I started to get the chills for the music that I haven't had since Rogue. The iconic music we have had since AC 2 was back but with the typical balleilakka tone. The tune we have all come to love and hear transition with each AC era had disappeared in the last one and the AC unity franchise. Im buzzing for this soundtrack.