PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me why? I'm a bit confused

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Ok, so obviously, there have been endless pages of threads containing and based on complaints on this game. While some are clear like people's idea of lack of revelation and dislike of Den Defense, I'm finding it hard to realise/understand why people are hating on ACR so much?

Like some users call it the worst game ever? Why? Can someone clear this up for me, why this game is so horrible and people hate it so much?

Unfortunately I am fored to ask
that no one turns this into another argument thread or starts flaming/arguing with me or others.

All I want is a clear (and preferably concise) post about all of the things that make ACR so terrible. Then this thread can be locked and be replaced by more complaint threads.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 05:30 AM
How I'd love to know, how I'd love to know..

brick177
12-18-2011, 06:28 AM
I thought it was great! Can't wait for AC3!

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 07:01 AM
I'll just add what I've said in a few posts, the Facebook groups & pages I read aren't trashing ACR at all.
I only saw one comment where someone said it raises more questions . . another "I didn't get enough revelation" type of thing.
Which I kindly argue __________ [insert all my previous arguments about it being Ezio's revelations, not fans & the Official Trailer put out by Ubi on what is revealed].

One thing I can empathize with are people who need Patches for an unplayable game. The bugs/glitches issue can be enough to turn them off.

Clarth
12-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Read in Ezio's voice:

I have played the game to the best of my ability

But I have no been able to escape fate, or lag

anger

or frustration

bring me the answers

and the road, that leads to truth

reveal to me once and for all

how all of this, will get patched.

Noble6
12-18-2011, 07:31 AM
People love to complain as do I.
I think that since games haven't changed too dramatically from AC2 people are bit fed up and don't get as much wow-moments and game may feel more bad than it is. People are getting more and more picky and thats why there is lot of comments like "This is sh*t!"

Next game will probably(hopefully) be heavily different or I think twice before buying it.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-18-2011, 07:46 AM
I expected more from it, but I still enjoyed the game a lot. I enjoy all Assassins Creed games (except AC1, that just annoys me).

I don't care that the fighting system has barely changed, I like it the way it is, I'm not bothered about new features like bombs, which I liked, I play the game for the story more than anything.

The only thing that really annoyed me most was how dramatically they changed their faces, and not for the better. Desmond looks like Niko Bellic with downs syndrome, Ezio looks like a gorilla which has had botox and is wearing contact lenses, Altair looks ok, they didn't mess him up. If they're gonna change the way they look at least make it an improvement ffs.

LightRey
12-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I think the main problem with Desmond's face in ACR was the lighting. I also think he looked a little too pale.

In the final cutscene however he looked much better imo.

Il_Divo
12-18-2011, 07:54 AM
My complaints:

1)No indicator of why Juno makes Desmond stab Lucy.
2)Not a huge fan of Den Defense
3)Total game was on the short side.
4)Altair sequences were not long enough, and didn't expand into parts of his life I was hoping to hear about.

But despite this, I still loved it. The story-telling was much clearer than AC2/Brotherhood and the Desmond sequences were a great change of pace. There are alot of bad games out there. Revelations is very far from the worst. If anything, it's up there with AC1 as my favorite AC game.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I think the main problem with Desmond's face in ACR was the lighting. I also think he looked a little too pale.

Ezio looked pale too

dxsxhxcx
12-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:
My complaints:]
1)No indicator of Lucy's fate.

they said they buried her in the game so is safe to assume she is dead, people who don't understand this just want to believe she is alive when in "fact" (unless Ubisoft decided to troll us... :P) she is dead....

my major disappointments with the game are:

- Altair missions being too short;
this may not bother those who prefer Ezio over Altair but bother those who thinks the contrary

- Subject 16 was reduced to nothing more than a guide in the game;
3 games waiting for this character to make his appearance and when he does, it has no real meaning (at least for me), Desmond didn't need a guide inside the black room, you don't need to be the smartest person in the universe to enter that portal (or do you think he would try to swim before enter there?!), he didn't need to know how things worked there, if you were him, once you enter that portal and realize you were seeing Ezio's memories again where you'll prefer to stay, in a place you don't know (Black Room) or in a "common ground" (Ezio's memories)?! I don't know about you, but I would choose the second option...

- No mention of S16 past's actions
Any person in the world would AT LEAST ask whatever S16 wanted to say with his message in ACB, I wasn't expecting him to give me all the answers but at least make his message a little more clear and not totally ignore the fact like if never happened.

- Desmond memories
I was expecting them to be in 3rd person with the animus recreating the places where Desmond were, I wouldn't mind if it were the same info we already knew about his past but I wanted to SEE and EXPLORE those places, not see him talking to walls

- Den Defence
IMO this feature doesn't fit this game and just stay there shooting our enemies and placing assassins here and there is boring

without count the points I mentioned above, Ezio story was cool, but Assassin's Creed and specially AC Revelations isn't only about Ezio...

LightRey
12-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Ezio looked pale too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, a little. Though that could be explained by aging.

Il_Divo
12-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

they said they buried her in the game so is safe to assume she is dead, people who don't understand this just want to believe she is alive when in "fact" (unless Ubisoft decided to troll us... :P) she is dead....

Yeah, I should have been more clear on that. Meant to say we don't know why Juno made Desmond do it. Two very different things. Sorry about that.

Animuses
12-18-2011, 09:03 AM
The story didn't pick up it's pace until sequence 6, there were a few missions that were simply horrendous (ex:rope climbing, horse carriage, parachuting), it was full of gimmicks that don't belong in AC, the same crappy economic system from Brotherhood is back, 100% synch is back, and the Altair sequences were not satisfying at all.

Overall the game is good, but it's nothing special. It's a slight improvement over Brotherhood, but that's not saying much. It simply isn't nearly up to standards with the first two games. Do I think the game deserves hate? No. Do I think it needs to be highly criticized? Yes.

The devs worked their asses off, but AC can't be developed in a year. They NEED time.

brick177
12-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:
Meant to say we don't know why Juno made Desmond do it.

Yeah, this is something that could use some explanation, but I have a strong feeling that its explanation is so entwined with the AC3 finale that they couldn't say more about it just yet. Remember Juno tells Desmond:

"There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon. The path must be opened. You cannot escape your part in this. The scales shall be balanced."

Then Desmond is forced to kill Lucy and Juno says:

"It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!"

I think this narrows the explanation enough that we can determine that 1) Desmond is to seek out a female companion, 2) Lucy is not the female for that roll, 3) Juno sees Lucy as a direct threat to Desmond ending up with the correct female companion. Whether or not Lucy is secretly a Templar may have something to do with it (in mythology Juno resented the Greeks for having destroyed her beloved Troy, and they did so with the infamous Trojan Horse). They never really developed a true romance between Lucy and Desmond, but maybe Juno thought that they were getting to close and Desmond's feelings for her may prevent him from carrying out his duty?

Either way, you are correct that one question remains regarding the necessity of Lucy's death, but we can infer quite a bit from the end of AC:B.

Originally posted by Animuses:
The devs worked their asses off, but AC can't be developed in a year. They NEED time.

Which is good that they started work on AC3 immediately after the release of AC2. Which means AC3 is going to have 2+ years of development time behind it when it comes out next year.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, this is something that could use some explanation, but I have a strong feeling that its explanation is so entwined with the AC3 finale that they couldn't say more about it just yet.

That's exactly what I think too (& same w/ Subject 16). It would be a spoiler to add that in ACR imo. For now, we were given the fact that she did actually die.

brick177
12-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Exactly. Cause we were left wondering if she actually died and they thankfully put that debate to rest.

SupremeCaptain
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Clarth:
Read in Ezio's voice:

I have played the game to the best of my ability

But I have no been able to escape fate, or lag

anger

or frustration

bring me the answers

and the road, that leads to truth

reveal to me once and for all

how all of this, will get patched.

LMAO, awesome.

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
ok thanks guys, I get it now.

I already knew about all of those complaints, but it's probably more the Subject 16 stuff and the Glitches that have disappointed people, but at the same time, I feel that people are overreacting and complaining way too much about some things, like the glitches fair enough but the 16 stuff IMO isn't enough to make it the worst game ever.

I haven't experienced mass as glitches to kill the game (thank god) and I understand reasons why Desmond and Ezio's faces are different so those don't affect me.

But whatever, I got my answers, thank you and goodnight.

Lock this thread?

E-Zekiel
12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
My only complaints were lack of resolution regarding Lucy, and how damn short the Alta´r sequences are. My favorite character and his sequences are like 5 minutes each.

Other than that, chalk it up to a bunch of self-entitled, whiny, demanding, narcissistic little kids.

PurePainV
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
well other than the fact that the story mode was so short i thought that the story mode was fine.
though i think your confusing the multiplayer with the story mode because the mulltipayer was(in my opinion) the worst thing ubisoft could have done.
A frase me and my fellow REV haters use is "oh i know what will make the game 10x better, lets be able to throw abilities" or contested kill?

you ask for a simple anwser so here it is
-UBISOFT hates its loyal fans and they feel the need to CHANGE THINGS THAT ARNT BROKEN. hey i know lets make teleport make the game 10xs better

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
People love resurrecting those threads...

Black_Widow9
07-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Please do not resurrect old threads.
Thanks