PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Kensei side dash

OhHowSheGoingEh
06-02-2018, 07:12 AM
It's too good in ganks, all attack pass though him and any attack that does manage to hit gets blocked by his guard.
The dash its self travels too far (he's a vanguard not assassin I don't know why he gets a dash attack in the first place) and it comes from the direction he came from not the direction he's going in so it screws with musle memory.

UbiJurassic
06-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Kensei has definitely gotten a lot stronger in-game following his rework. We recently showed off some of the data we had for each hero's performance in-game during our last Warrior's Den. We'll be looking to expand upon and explain some of those numbers (including talk about how the rework has effected Kensei) on Tuesday of next week.

bannex19
06-02-2018, 07:08 PM
This is honestly one of the least frustrating things about the kensei. I usually don't post gitgud stuff because I suck at this game but this doesn't need a nerf. If you're getting caught by one of the slowest most telegraphed moves in the game, you need practice. Furthermore, normalizing all dodge attacks to be from the same side would be boring, lazy and relatively stupid in a game that has a bunch of different heroes.

Maybe allow a little longer window for GB but that's it.

Also is complaining about ganks the new fotm? They're ganks lol, you're going to die.

The_B0G_
06-02-2018, 10:38 PM
This is honestly one of the least frustrating things about the kensei. I usually don't post gitgud stuff because I suck at this game but this doesn't need a nerf. If you're getting caught by one of the slowest most telegraphed moves in the game, you need practice. Furthermore, normalizing all dodge attacks to be from the same side would be boring, lazy and relatively stupid in a game that has a bunch of different heroes.

Maybe allow a little longer window for GB but that's it.

Also is complaining about ganks the new fotm? They're ganks lol, you're going to die.

I agree, it's an easy parry on the dodge attack, but the GB window should be a little bigger, the dodge attack is pretty safe if you don't just parry bait and turtle. If you know it's coming you should be able to GB.

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 02:40 AM
It's too good in ganks, all attack pass though him and any attack that does manage to hit gets blocked by his guard.
The dash its self travels too far (he's a vanguard not assassin I don't know why he gets a dash attack in the first place) and it comes from the direction he came from not the direction he's going in so it screws with musle memory.
Attacks don't pass through him, they miss him because he is moving. If you want to hit him time it for when he is moving towards you or when he is at the end of his dodge attack arc. He has always had a dodge attack just like Warden has dodge into shoulder bash and Raider has side dodge into GB. Kensei is good at anti-ganks and he forces you to actually think before mindlessly spamming attacks at him. Learn to expect and parry his dodge attack or at least to block it.

It is the slowest and most telegraphed dodge attack in the game. Once you get used to it coming from the opposite direction of his dodge it will become trivial for you to parry it. Don't ask for a nerf when the problem is your lack of experience against this move. Get some training in until you get used to it coming from the other side.

PepsiBeastin
06-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Attacks don't pass through him, they miss him because he is moving.

With all due respect this statement is ****ing dumb lol. Since when does movement mean attacks can't hit you?

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 02:51 AM
With all due respect this statement is ****ing dumb lol. Since when does movement mean attacks can't hit you?
Since it is under the affect of a dodge property. Or do Orochi, Shaman, Zerker, PK, Shinobi, Gladiator, Kensei and Valkyrie dodge attacks not move them an inch? They stay rooted to the ground maybe while the map spins around them?

PepsiBeastin
06-03-2018, 02:57 AM
Since it is under the affect of a dodge property. Or do Orochi, Shaman, Zerker, PK, Shinobi, Gladiator, Kensei and Valkyrie dodge attacks not move them an inch? They stay rooted to the ground maybe while the map spins around them?

Then you should have said dodge property rather than moving. And the problem with kensei's dodge attack is both the variable timing and the length of his dodge invulerability. **** speed it up to 600ms and give it fixed timing and I wouldn't complain anymore.

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 03:23 AM
Then you should have said dodge property rather than moving. And the problem with kensei's dodge attack is both the variable timing and the length of his dodge invulerability. **** speed it up to 600ms and give it fixed timing and I wouldn't complain anymore.
I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant when I said he is "moving" when the context is that of a dodge attack. But okay, "dodge property" is indeed the correct semantic pedantry to use.

The variable initiation timing messes some people up who are being overly aggressive. His length of time spent in dodge invulnerability though is not really an issue to be honest as what are you gonna do, slap him out of the slowest-to-actually-hit dodge attack in the game? That would mean Kensei can never successfully land swift strike and would be basically as good as deleting that move. Maybe if it was made faster as you suggest, but then we'd just see the forums light up with threads crying about how Kensei's attack comes from the opposite direction and it's too gosh darned fast, that big meanie.

PepsiBeastin
06-03-2018, 03:33 AM
I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant when I said he is "moving" when the context is that of a dodge attack. But okay, "dodge property" is indeed the correct semantic pedantry to use.

The variable initiation timing messes some people up who are being overly aggressive. His length of time spent in dodge invulnerability though is not really an issue to be honest as what are you gonna do, slap him out of the slowest-to-actually-hit dodge attack in the game? That would mean Kensei can never successfully land swift strike and would be basically as good as deleting that move. Maybe if it was made faster as you suggest, but then we'd just see the forums light up with threads crying about how Kensei's attack comes from the opposite direction and it's too gosh darned fast, that big meanie.

The reason the timing is a problem is that he can dodge, wait to see what the opponent is going to do, then react accordingly. If the attack had tighter timing, kensei would no longer be able to just constantly dodge reacting to everything. Imagine if Shinobi could guardbreak in his dodges like kensei, wait longer to kick, AND his entire kick was a "dodge" move. You better believe I'd be basically using it exclusively. Yes I know you can't parry shinobi, but you can dodge it so I think it's about even.

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 03:49 AM
The reason the timing is a problem is that he can dodge, wait to see what the opponent is going to do, then react accordingly. If the attack had tighter timing, kensei would no longer be able to just constantly dodge reacting to everything.
It takes a bit of getting used to but you can learn to punish a Kensei that does this. If he dodge reacts to everything then he can be punished with either a very early GB or a GB right at the end of his dodge when he can no longer iniate swift strike but will still be in the recovery period of his dodge - right as he comes to a stop he is vulnerable. For a much safer option he can also be baited into a delayed swift strike with a heavy feint.

The question is, why did the devs give him a delay? And does their data show it as a problem area that needs addressing?

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 03:59 AM
Imagine if Shinobi could guardbreak in his dodges like kensei, wait longer to kick, AND his entire kick was a "dodge" move. You better believe I'd be basically using it exclusively. Yes I know you can't parry shinobi, but you can dodge it so I think it's about even.
To answer your addendum: Shinobi's kick is much faster than swift strike and has hyper armour. Kicks cannot be parried therefore they are not baited in the same way as feinting a heavy. His kick guarrantees a light attack follow up which then guarrantees a backflip kick which then guarrantees another light attack follow up. And finally, Shinobi already has a mind game of sorts in that he can double dash and choose to use the kick on the first dash or after the double dash - very similiar in essence to Kensei's delay.

You're not comparing like for like here. Shinobi's kick is a) a different beast and b) alreadt has a lot more utility to play around with than a 700ms parryable weapon strike.

Okita_Soji..
06-03-2018, 05:32 AM
Its funny how everyone is different... I got hit today by a few Kensei and was having issues reacting to the side dash so I went to the arena and practiced vs it. It helps to go there a work out certain issues you have with heroes. Somethings are tougher and can't be worked on. I hate Cents stamina drain its why I despise that hero. So I practice against bots in the arena to not get into that mess instead of calling for nurfs.

HazelrahFirefly
06-03-2018, 05:45 AM
The kensei's dodge attack does seem to be the wonkiest in the game. I have never guard broken him out of it, never hit him at the start or end, and had travel crazy distances around me.

That said, I stopped bothering to do all that stuff and it became relatively simple. If he dodges, ONLY worry about blocking or parrying it. Since he can vary the timing then just block if you think he might sneak around you party attempt.

Its dumb, because it sure does feel broken otherwise, but blocking it is an easy counter.

PepsiBeastin
06-03-2018, 06:05 AM
To answer your addendum: Shinobi's kick is much faster than swift strike and has hyper armour. Kicks cannot be parried therefore they are not baited in the same way as feinting a heavy. His kick guarrantees a light attack follow up which then guarrantees a backflip kick which then guarrantees another light attack follow up. And finally, Shinobi already has a mind game of sorts in that he can double dash and choose to use the kick on the first dash or after the double dash - very similiar in essence to Kensei's delay.

You're not comparing like for like here. Shinobi's kick is a) a different beast and b) alreadt has a lot more utility to play around with than a 700ms parryable weapon strike.

1. From the start of shinobi's double dodge to the end of the kick, and the start of kensei's dodge to the end of the dodge swipe, I'd say they're pretty similar in length.
2. Shinobi's kick doesn't guarantee a light attack from what I'm aware of, and if it does there is no reason to use it over the guaranteed heavy attack.
3. Shinobi does not get a guaranteed roll-in kick, which I'm assuming you're talking about. Calling the kick guaranteed is like calling lawbringer's light after shove guaranteed.

In the context, yes I was comparing similar moves. (Similar being that they are both dodge moves to counter attacks and guarantee damage) If shinobi had kensei's delayed timing and unguardbreakable dodges, he'd easily be one of the top characters.

Jazz117Volkov
06-03-2018, 06:29 AM
I just wish swift strike was still a light attack ( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į)

A lot of Kensei's overuse it though, so isolate what they're countering with it, and feint that move. Lawbringer's shove, for example, a lot of Kensei's will swift strike your shove follow-up, so feint it, then parry. Same deal with Warden, feint your shoulder bash, bob's your uncle. I find the main issue with the new Kensei is he punishes reactions too much, but then also has a CC opener and a super fast zone with a feint option.

"Look at my heavy, that's now a light, that's now an unblockable, that now has hyper armour, that's now a swift strike! Actually, it was a guard break, lulz, I meant pommel strike..."

https://media3.giphy.com/media/1NRbOQX4d6VSE/giphy.gif

Jedioutcast88
06-03-2018, 06:51 AM
I donít find kensei swift attack at all annoying, or think it needs a nerf. I main kensei I feel like making it a heavy nerfed it, before the rework it use to be a lot faster then what it is now. Hell even fighting other kensei I find slipping when it comes to his swift strike because it comes from the opposite side. It serves its purpose as a good counter to a lot of character and unless they have hyper armor itís a great punishing tactic it always has been. Out side of it being for countering purposes itís pretty useless, because a lot of players know that kensei players use that attack to often.

The_B0G_
06-03-2018, 12:55 PM
I donít find kensei swift attack at all annoying, or think it needs a nerf. I main kensei I feel like making it a heavy nerfed it, before the rework it use to be a lot faster then what it is now. Hell even fighting other kensei I find slipping when it comes to his swift strike because it comes from the opposite side. It serves its purpose as a good counter to a lot of character and unless they have hyper armor itís a great punishing tactic it always has been. Out side of it being for countering purposes itís pretty useless, because a lot of players know that kensei players use that attack to often.

I do agree that it is pretty telegraphed and can be parried pretty easily when used too often, making into a heavy actually made it stronger IMO, now parrying it only gives a heavy parry punish instead of a light parry, and you can execute off of it now.

Some people just use it so often that you can't attack, you have to turtle and bait out dodge attacks which can be pretty boring, I think making the GB window a little bigger would fix this, hell, I can be half way through a celtic curse with a HL and still get GB'd right before his second swing.

Parrying a heavy only gives you a light attack, but if they are being GB'd because they are being too predictable then they won't be spamming dodge attacks so much.

Vakris_One
06-03-2018, 01:22 PM
The kensei's dodge attack does seem to be the wonkiest in the game. I have never guard broken him out of it, never hit him at the start or end, and had travel crazy distances around me.

That said, I stopped bothering to do all that stuff and it became relatively simple. If he dodges, ONLY worry about blocking or parrying it. Since he can vary the timing then just block if you think he might sneak around you party attempt.

Its dumb, because it sure does feel broken otherwise, but blocking it is an easy counter.
This argument that it's broken because you can't GB him out of the actual dodge strike is nonsense. Have you ever guard broken a Shaman, an Orochi, a Glad, a Valk or a Zerker out of their dodge strike on reaction?

I've never understood who actually answers a dodge strike with a GB on reaction and expects to come out the winner. You handle Kensei's dodge strike in the exact same way you should handle every other dodge strike; you bait and parry it. Where did you get this notion that Kensei's dodge strike should be countered with a GB on reaction when that's not how you handle any other dodge strike in the game?

1. From the start of shinobi's double dodge to the end of the kick, and the start of kensei's dodge to the end of the dodge swipe, I'd say they're pretty similar in length.
2. Shinobi's kick doesn't guarantee a light attack from what I'm aware of, and if it does there is no reason to use it over the guaranteed heavy attack.
3. Shinobi does not get a guaranteed roll-in kick, which I'm assuming you're talking about. Calling the kick guaranteed is like calling lawbringer's light after shove guaranteed.

In the context, yes I was comparing similar moves. (Similar being that they are both dodge moves to counter attacks and guarantee damage) If shinobi had kensei's delayed timing and unguardbreakable dodges, he'd easily be one of the top characters.
It always seems like the hit after a roll-in kick is guarranteed as the Shinobi pulls you in, kicks you and then gets his follow up attack. I can never block or parry the follow up. Maybe I need to start paying more attention to it. Can you dodge it like LB's light after block shove?

Shinobi would be the last character that I would think of when thinking of who could have a delayed dodge attack. PK and Valk come to mind as the ones that should.

I just wish swift strike was still a light attack ( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į)

A lot of Kensei's overuse it though, so isolate what they're countering with it, and feint that move. Lawbringer's shove, for example, a lot of Kensei's will swift strike your shove follow-up, so feint it, then parry. Same deal with Warden, feint your shoulder bash, bob's your uncle. I find the main issue with the new Kensei is he punishes reactions too much, but then also has a CC opener and a super fast zone with a feint option.

"Look at my heavy, that's now a light, that's now an unblockable, that now has hyper armour, that's now a swift strike! Actually, it was a guard break, lulz, I meant pommel strike..."

https://media3.giphy.com/media/1NRbOQX4d6VSE/giphy.gif
Having a light parry punish on such a slow and telegraphed attack was never fair to the Kensei Jazz. If it goes back to a light then it should be made much faster. As for his soft cancels; with heavies and most of his lights as slow as they are the Kensei wouldn't be able to make two moves without being parried. He'd be back to being every turtle's wet dream and punching bag. His rework made it so you can never just coast by half asleep while fighting him, you have to pay attention to his patterns and punish him accordingly.

If you see that top heavy from neutral, stuff him with a light and you deny him entry into all of his soft feints save for swift strike. If he starts going for swift strike you can bait and parry it instead of throwing out a light. When fighting a Kensei you are directly fighting against the other player's tactical creativity, which is how a fighting game should be in all fairness.

Jazz117Volkov
06-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Having a light parry punish on such a slow and telegraphed attack was never fair to the Kensei Jazz. If it goes back to a light then it should be made much faster. As for his soft cancels; with heavies and most of his lights as slow as they are the Kensei wouldn't be able to make two moves without being parried. He'd be back to being every turtle's wet dream and punching bag. His rework made it so you can never just coast by half asleep while fighting him, you have to pay attention to his patterns and punish him accordingly.

If you see that top heavy from neutral, stuff him with a light and you deny him entry into all of his soft feints save for swift strike. If he starts going for swift strike you can bait and parry it instead of throwing out a light. When fighting a Kensei you are directly fighting against the other player's tactical creativity, which is how a fighting game should be in all fairness.

Yeah mate, it's all g, I don't really think it should be a light punish anymore.

I used to play Kensei a bit before the rework (haven't bothered to learn the new style). Overall I think Kensei is in a pretty good place at the moment aside from the zone being too abusable and the amount of soft-feint options can be overwhelming for some classes if you don't turtle, and every time I feel forced to turtle in this game my subconscious composes hate mail.

Erhanninja
06-03-2018, 03:19 PM
What I donít understand is how Kensei blocks all the attacks during dodge attack. Avoiding is one thing but blocking attacks supposed to hit is another. Who else can do this? Shield characters well coz they have a shield. Does Kensei have a shield? No. I donít really see the point of difference classes anymore. Assassins have everything vanguard have hyper armor on light. Heavy class is struggling.

Jedioutcast88
06-03-2018, 03:42 PM
I do agree that it is pretty telegraphed and can be parried pretty easily when used too often, making into a heavy actually made it stronger IMO, now parrying it only gives a heavy parry punish instead of a light parry, and you can execute off of it now.

Some people just use it so often that you can't attack, you have to turtle and bait out dodge attacks which can be pretty boring, I think making the GB window a little bigger would fix this, hell, I can be half way through a celtic curse with a HL and still get GB'd right before his second swing.

Parrying a heavy only gives you a light attack, but if they are being GB'd because they are being too predictable then they won't be spamming dodge attacks so much.

I donít find it hard to get around people that over use it, I tend to shut them down really quick and your right they do often wise up and try other tactics. Really I donít find that needs the nerf if anything his unblockable feint I donít know why but the feints of that get me most of the time. His old unblockable feint it felt like there was time to determine if a player would feint it or not. itís so much guessing work on whatís going to come from kensei. I know they have it an off timing but I canít even cancel the Parry that becomes a heavy in time to block the follow up attack or the guard break.

HazelrahFirefly
06-04-2018, 02:25 AM
@Vakris

I'm not going to struggle with editing a quote of your post lol.

Yes, though. Yes. I HAVE gb'd everybody else out of their dodge attacks. Its a major tactic I use with the Warden in fact because they fear a top light, dodge attack in response, and I grab them.

Only the Kensei seems to be immune to this. I'm not complaining anymore though, because I stopped trying to do anything but block/parry and its ez pz.

MarshalMoriarty
06-04-2018, 06:31 AM
The biggest issue for me is that it was made into a Heavy attack. Not only does it jar with the name 'Swift Strike', it just doesn't plausible that you could generate enough force and have enough muscle behind the swing when leaping sideways, especially when wearing armor and given the size of the weapon in question.

Heavy attacks require you to plant your feet and wind up for a hefty blow, throwing your weight into the strike. Or else use the momentum from a weapon already in motion. The original Light attack nature of this strike made far more sense, as that could be achieved.

HazelrahFirefly
06-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I'm sure a big reason they made it a Heavy is so that you only get a light attack on the Kensei after a parry.

Arekonator
06-04-2018, 12:23 PM
I could see it as he jumps sideways towards you, he slashes in same direction as his movement to further accelerate the strike. It makes sense when you think about it.

Vakris_One
06-04-2018, 12:27 PM
@Vakris

I'm not going to struggle with editing a quote of your post lol.

Yes, though. Yes. I HAVE gb'd everybody else out of their dodge attacks. Its a major tactic I use with the Warden in fact because they fear a top light, dodge attack in response, and I grab them.

Only the Kensei seems to be immune to this. I'm not complaining anymore though, because I stopped trying to do anything but block/parry and its ez pz.
You've honestly GBed a Shaman and Orochi dodge attack but not a Kensei one? We have different experiences then so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

The biggest issue for me is that it was made into a Heavy attack. Not only does it jar with the name 'Swift Strike', it just doesn't plausible that you could generate enough force and have enough muscle behind the swing when leaping sideways, especially when wearing armor and given the size of the weapon in question.

Heavy attacks require you to plant your feet and wind up for a hefty blow, throwing your weight into the strike. Or else use the momentum from a weapon already in motion. The original Light attack nature of this strike made far more sense, as that could be achieved.
Please not the realism arguement. If this game were about realism then the giant armoured Lawbringer would kill everyone in the roster.

It was made a heavy for gameplay reasons.

Jazz117Volkov
06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Grabbing the different heroes on their dash attack startup is pretty common in my experience...most of its accidental though. "Let me just--oh! you were dodging. Okay."

Kensei is no exception. In fact, as far as dodging attacks go, swift strike is no better than the average, and it doesn't track dodges. I'll occasionally duck around it with my warden and counter with a shoulder bash. I know, it's more efficient to just parry it but I gotta sting like a bee yo! The thing that makes swift strike a bit...odd, is how far the Kensei moves. He goes for a stroll with that hit.

HazelrahFirefly
06-04-2018, 03:27 PM
It's fine that we have differe t experiences.

I'm even wondering if it's an animation issue with my eyes, the same as how I can't really stop the Aramusha but have little problem reacting to the Berserker or Shaman lights. I wonder if I just can't visually read that he's dodging and therefore can't grab him.

MarshalMoriarty
06-05-2018, 12:23 AM
The realism argument is perfectly valid. The name and nature of the move clearly look like it be a Light Attack. Which is understandable, given it originally was.

To use your example of Lawbro, if his unblockable counter had him axe someone in the head, screaming his ferocious battlecry, but they made a Light Attack, it just wouldn't feel right would it? Same applies here. Visual cues are important and a move has to make sense and chime with it looks like is happening. Swift Strike does not look like a Heavy attack, since there is no way to generate enough force with such a big weapon unless you had at least spun around on the spot before leaping.

Vakris_One
06-05-2018, 01:15 AM
The realism argument is perfectly valid. The name and nature of the move clearly look like it be a Light Attack. Which is understandable, given it originally was.

To use your example of Lawbro, if his unblockable counter had him axe someone in the head, screaming his ferocious battlecry, but they made a Light Attack, it just wouldn't feel right would it? Same applies here. Visual cues are important and a move has to make sense and chime with it looks like is happening. Swift Strike does not look like a Heavy attack, since there is no way to generate enough force with such a big weapon unless you had at least spun around on the spot before leaping.
Realism does not trump gameplay in this game because this game's mechanics are primarily rooted in fantasy and not in realism. That is why I said that a realism based argument is not relevant. If realism was to be followed most of the moves every character uses would look completely different and would have different properties. There would be no twirls, no spins, no sliding on ice moves, no showing your back to the enemy during a combo for even a second, no biting through armour, no headbutting a helmeted foe and certainly no "unblockable" grabs, kicks or strikes from swords, halberds or axes against an opponent who has a full metal shield.

Compared to all that stuff that should massively bother you if you're on the realism front your gripe about how a Nodachi strike should be a "light" blow seems rather strange and arbitrary. There is nothing glancing, "swift" or "light" about being hit by a Nodachi wielded by a six foot tall muscular mountain of a warrior hitting you at dashing/jumping speed. That kind of blow will either kill you dead or severally maim you unless you have a shield to block it or are wearing steel plated armour akin to the Warden.

DakaDakaTimmy
06-05-2018, 01:20 AM
I pray that the Kensei Iím about to fight will overuse swift strike - itís an easy parry and punish. Only bad Kensei players rely on this move. If itís hitting you in ganks be a little more patient, feint that heavy, watch the Kensei go dancing then parry his ***!

MarshalMoriarty
06-05-2018, 01:29 AM
Its not arbitrary - its called sticking to the topic. There are many examples we could look at yes and since you brought him up, I gave a Lawbro example. But we're talking about Kensei's dash attack, so that's what I'm focusing on.

If I said it was wrong to stab people to death in a theead on knife crime, would you assume I was fine with people using poison to murder people? Or guns? I mentioned the dash attack, because that's what relevent.And because it previously made sense as a light attack and now doesn't as a heavy.

Vakris_One
06-05-2018, 01:37 AM
Its not arbitrary - its called sticking to the topic. There are many examples we could look at yes and since you brought him up, I gave a Lawbro example. But we're talking about Kensei's dash attack, so that's what I'm focusing on.

If I said it was wrong to stab people to death in a theead on knife crime, would you assume I was fine with people using poison to murder people? Or guns? I mentioned the dash attack, because that's what relevent.And because it previously made sense as a light attack and now doesn't as a heavy.
I just don't understand why it doesn't feel right to you as a heavy but it did as a light from a realism point of view. A Nodachi is a big heavy sword. If you've ever handled one it feels more like you're holding a spear by the tail end rather than a sword because of the weight this thing has. Downward cuts with this thing with gravity helping put in extra power feels devastating. There are no quick glancing blows with this thing like with a Katana. It's all big arcing swings and if it's coming your way it's going to be taking a piece of you with it.

DrinkinMyStella
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM
kensei is exactly where he should have been, nerfing anything will throw the balance off and ruin him, yes his side dash is very good but its not impossible to parry the dash attacks

The_B0G_
06-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Yeah, he is pretty balanced IMO, I'd like to be able to get a better punish out of him spamming dash attacks every time I attack by giving a bigger GB window, but if it doesn't happen I'll just keep parry baiting them I guess.