PDA

View Full Version : Strange B1 behaviour

TomTom222
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Thought I'd try out the jets and rockets with the new FM, try this: fly the B1 straight and level until the speed reaches about 470 MPH - the nose pitches down quite forcefully into an unrecoverable dive even if you turn off the motor.
Accurate FM or Bug?

TomTom222
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Thought I'd try out the jets and rockets with the new FM, try this: fly the B1 straight and level until the speed reaches about 470 MPH - the nose pitches down quite forcefully into an unrecoverable dive even if you turn off the motor.
Accurate FM or Bug?

The_Great_Stonk
06-21-2005, 11:11 AM
accurate FM.

WWSensei
06-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Yep. I forget the exact reason but that is exactly what is supposed to happen. If you invert you can recover.

Jaws2002
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
that's how it was.

LEXX_Luthor
06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
The game viewer talks about this. The mach tuck was unexpected, and, naturally, it was first encountered during a high speed low level test run, killing the test pilot.

Patch made the pitch down more Brutal, used to be just a smooth gentle nose drop, now it shakes and bakes.

FI-Aflak
06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
The game viewer talks about this. The mach tuck was unexpected, and, naturally, it was first encountered during a high speed low level test run, killing the test pilot.

Patch made the pitch down more Brutal, used to be just a smooth gentle nose drop, now it shakes and bakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love dangerously unstable aircraft. I'm gonna have to go try the new shakey B1.

Would you believe me if I told you the only thing I've done in 4.01 is a little ground attack and then landing in horrible adverse situations? Its so much fun, now. Damaged corsair in a thunderstorm, with the runway perpendicular to the wind, thats fun.

Damaged Corsair in a thunderstore with the CARRIER perpendicular to the wind, thats even better.

night thunderstorm carrier landings are awesome. I actually survive about 90% of them, but my plane only survives about 15% or so.

although landing on a carrier at night is really cool with good weather, too, because the reflections of the moonlight off the ocean is so **** pretty. the flickery soft light. truly wonderful.

-HH-Dubbo
06-21-2005, 01:18 PM
How do you get anything perpendicular to the wind in the game??? Which direction does the wind come from? Is there wind? Tell me.

LeadSpitter_
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
thats how we should have to recover when reaching full compressibility.

Somthing that should happen to all aircraft in game much earlier before their max breakup speed in reality.