PDA

View Full Version : complete edition

Codger1949
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Can somebody please tell me where I can pick up the complete edition dvd, at the best price? More importantly, will it permit me to do the merged install thing. It seems that many online games require it. I'm having nothing but problems with the three cd install method and the umpteen patches... Oh mercy me, I wont even discuss attempting using a no cd patch. It gets me booted right out of the forum. Anywhosal, will the dvd do the trick with a minimum of headaches? Thanks

Codger1949
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Can somebody please tell me where I can pick up the complete edition dvd, at the best price? More importantly, will it permit me to do the merged install thing. It seems that many online games require it. I'm having nothing but problems with the three cd install method and the umpteen patches... Oh mercy me, I wont even discuss attempting using a no cd patch. It gets me booted right out of the forum. Anywhosal, will the dvd do the trick with a minimum of headaches? Thanks

Beaufort-RAF
04-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Regarding where to buy, which country are you in?

The DVD will give you an easy install to version 4.04 Merged which is the latest Western market version.

Be aware though that we are soon expecting a paid addon which will take the game to 4.05m.

That will then be follwed by 2 more paid addons (4.06m - 4.07m) and then more free patch content after that!

So the DVD will be convenient but will not give you seamless online play for long.

Dean3238
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Be aware though that we are soon expecting a paid addon which will take the game to 4.05m.

That will then be follwed by 2 more paid addons (4.06m - 4.07m) and then more free patch content after that!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No quibbles from me about paying for the developer's hard work, my question is this: Does anybody know how the mechanics of purchase will work?

Download from Ubisoft? Purchase from stores?

Curious, 'cuz I'd like to buy the complete DVD, but don't want to order it from England!

Dean

Worf101
04-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Just ordered mine at "GoGamer.com". It was quick and easy and they take PayPal too which is a plus.

Da Worfster

Yambretta
04-20-2006, 12:22 PM
In uk try pc world or virgin both had it for less than a tenner.
Online try play.com.

In usa like others mentioned gogamer seems the way forward. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dean3238
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Worf,

Thanks! That looks like a good source.

Dean