PDA

View Full Version : What is the best book on the Ju-88?

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 07:53 AM
I'm looking for something authoritative, covering both design and use, which will tell me things like exactly what a Ju88C6 is and what I would do with it, rather than one which is mostly illustrations.

Anyone any recommendations?

-------------------------------------

"It should always be remembered.that air power was only an auxiliary on the eastern front. The air war moved forward and backward with the front. It was the Red Army, drawing on air power for artillery cover of greater accuracy and decisiveness than was possible from the ground, that drove the German armies across Central Europe".

Professor Richard Overy, The Air War 1939-1945

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 07:53 AM
I'm looking for something authoritative, covering both design and use, which will tell me things like exactly what a Ju88C6 is and what I would do with it, rather than one which is mostly illustrations.

Anyone any recommendations?

-------------------------------------

"It should always be remembered.that air power was only an auxiliary on the eastern front. The air war moved forward and backward with the front. It was the Red Army, drawing on air power for artillery cover of greater accuracy and decisiveness than was possible from the ground, that drove the German armies across Central Europe".

Professor Richard Overy, The Air War 1939-1945

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 08:06 AM
What aboutthis one?

http://www.schifferbooks.com/military/luftwaffe/0887403123.html

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.