PDA

View Full Version : OT. GO PATRIOTS!!!

knightgames_01
01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Looks like a great match up next week with Pittsburg and New England.

(smack talk) If the Steelers could BARELY get by the J-E-T-S jetsjetsjets....What are they GONNA DO NEXT WEEK???

They proved EVERYBODY wrong and beat the best offense in the AFL.
Bring on da BOWL. And I don't mean a CAMPBELLS BOWL. (/smack talk)

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

knightgames_01
01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Looks like a great match up next week with Pittsburg and New England.

(smack talk) If the Steelers could BARELY get by the J-E-T-S jetsjetsjets....What are they GONNA DO NEXT WEEK???

They proved EVERYBODY wrong and beat the best offense in the AFL.
Bring on da BOWL. And I don't mean a CAMPBELLS BOWL. (/smack talk)

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

woofiedog
01-16-2005, 07:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

p1ngu666
01-16-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.asral.org/images/2%20in%20fish%20bowl.jpg

this bowl?

thought by patriots u meant like whats in my sig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Here... decorate your pc with a real team.

http://www.steelers.com/images/screensavers/Ward_TD.jpg

Fehler
01-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Ahh, the smak talk starts already.. GREAT!

You do realize that the worst thing that could have happened to the Patriots was for Roethlisberger to have a horrible game against the Jets, dont you?

Here are some facts you may not have realized about the Jets-Steelers game...

1. The Jets scored 3 offensive points. Three, that's it.

2. The number one rushing back in football was help to less than 80 yards.

3. Pittsburgh had 3 crucial turnovers, yet still survived.

Big ben had a horrible game, and this will eventually play in Pittsburgh's favor. He made good decisions, but poor throws. Jitters? Most likely. Experience building? You bet.

The Pats come in remembering their poor performance against Pittsburgh earlier in the year.

Both teams play hard nosed football, with a slight edge for the Steelers in the physical department.

Depth wise, Pittsburgh is quite healthy. They should get some added help in their already strong linebacker squad with the addition of Kendrell Bell (Pro bowler and rookie of the year 2 years ago). Defensive edge also goes to the Steelers.

Offensively the Pittsburgh line is quite possibly the best in football. Overall, they were 3rd in the NFL in rushing, and with a 1-2-3 punch of Bettis (900+ yards) Staley (800+) yards, and Haynes, they look to mash the football straight down New England's throat. For me the only question here is Big Ben. Will he rebound and perform like the rookie of the year he is, or have another bad day? (I recommend he take that glove off his throwing hand so the ball doesnt sail on him) On the other side of the coin, Cory Dillon is no stranger to the Steelers. He has met them 16 times in the past 8 years. Do a Google and see how many 100 yard games he has had against them. Running game, edge goes to Pittsburgh, passing game bigger edge goes to New England.

Special teams- New England has a great margin in this area, no doubt. But be aware of the 12th man... Heinz field. The Jets found out how hard it is to kick at Heinz Field... so will Vinitere (SP?)

For New England to be successful, they have to control the ball against the NFL's #1 rushing defense. They have to jump out to a fast start to force Pittsburgh away from their running game and make Roethlisberger beat them. No team, including New England has done that this year. (Short reminder - Pittsburgh set an NFL record with the most consecutive single season wins this year and are 16-1 in 2004-2005 seacon)

The key to Pittsburgh's success is 1, run the ball. Make few or no mistakes. Force Brady to throw short, and hold New England to field goals. Rush Brady and force him to make mistakes. And watch out for the screen play.

I am a HUGE Pittsburgh fan, and quite honestly, I would have rather played the Colts. The Colts are good, but no way could they have stopped the Steeler running game. And as Sunday showed, if you keep the ball out of Manning's hands, the Colts cant win.

This game will be a great matchup. In my mind, the winner here will destroy whomever the NFC will send to the Super Bowl. It will be a game to remember. (At least this time we dont have Kordell Stewart to screw things up for us!)

BlackShrike
01-17-2005, 02:14 AM
one thing to remember.

the pats scored just 20 points. against the colts defense. which is horrible btw.

the steeler defense is number one in the nfl and ten times tougher than the colts D.

this means the pats will score most likely under 10 points. at most.

the steelers D will score that many points by themselves against a high passing offense like the pats.

and corey dillon wont hit a hundred yards.

and that pats D will have trouble with an all star receiving group of steelers. randle el plax and ward vs pats D...

pats better HOPE that big ben has the worst game of his life because if he doesnt the pats have no chance.

madsarmy
01-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Go San Dimas High!

BaggyPantz
01-17-2005, 04:44 AM
What are you talkin' about willis !

Best offense in the AFL comfortably stopped, Ty who ?

Granted Pittsburgh are a good side and it will be a proper blue collar game, but brady's been there seen it and got the rings. Big Ben can only hide behind the offensive line for so long, before prematurely scrambling that is !

Brady bunch'll be in jacksonville, no doubt !

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-17-2005, 07:22 AM
The intangible that was most responsible for the low-scoring game in Foxboro was...the weather. It may not have decided the outcome of the game (NE is really that good), but all the dropped balls by the Colts' reciever corps was unforgivable.

An already GREAT season of American football looks to be coming to a climax with the 4 best teams in the NFL finally making it to their respective championship games.

LOL...The Patriots won 14 games and STILL have to play away for the AFC championship...lol.

DangerForward
01-17-2005, 07:41 AM
I hope it snows a lot in Pittsburgh just like it did up in Mass. Bettis is a great "Mudder", and Staley looks like he's in pretty good shape too. I think in a low scoring game the advantage goes to Pittsburgh, but there's no doubt New England is a quality team. Ben just needs to not try and win the game by himself. Statistically Ben plays better after a bad game. I think New England has the edge, but if the steelers bring their best game they'll win.

Disclaimer: Pittsburgher since 1972. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Breeze147
01-17-2005, 08:00 AM
E - A - G - L - E - S!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Owlsphone
01-17-2005, 08:04 AM
(Yelling with Breeze)

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

Chuck_Older
01-17-2005, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madsarmy:
Go San Dimas High! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

San Dimas High School Football rules!

Heavy_Weather
01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Duece up the middle all night long baby http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Chuck_Older
01-17-2005, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heavy_Weather:
Duece up the middle all night long baby http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your affair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

JG52MadAdler
01-17-2005, 12:27 PM
The Patriots are not that good!

2 SB wins in the Last 3 years
14-2 reg season record
Longest win Streak ever recorded
Brady has never lost a playoff game.
Corey Dillon
Defence is 2nd in PA

Geeez! I wonder how these guys beat the Colts!
They dont stand a chance against the Steelers.

BTW Pro Bowl Players = 0

No respect
No Respect at all!
And thats the way we like it.

GO PATS!

BlackShrike
01-17-2005, 01:05 PM
hmmm lemme think. oh yea

34 to 20 pats lose. this season.

difference now? corey dillon.

corey dillon vs steeler? no hundred yard game.

no difference.

p.s. the steelers took a knee on the 5 on first down to not embarrass the pats anymore. now thats class. otherwise

STEELERS 41 PATS 20. last meeting this season. one player wont make a team win or lose. steelers lost plax and duece and the starting QB and casey hampton and still won 15 in a row and counting.

pats fans are excited because they saw big ben have a bad game last week. well i saw tom brady have two bad games. the difference? when big ben has a bad game he still pulls out the win. when brady has a bad game he goes home with a loss. thats the difference between the two qbs.

remember big bens QB rating vs the pats D that was actually healthier back then? 126 . what was bradys QB rating vs steelers D which is actually better now? dont ask you dont want to know.

everyone wonders why manning couldnt win. its because the pats have his number. its knowledge. well big ben knows the pats D and wasnt impressed. is corey dillon on the pats D? no? oh . they might need him this week

the pats sound just like the colts fans did before the game last week. when the colts were not afraid of the pats. pats are weak washed up and cant win....then the pats beat them. overconfidence.

so ill take that underdog stance for the steelers. the steelers won alot of games as underdogs and mad. well its happened again and thanks to over anxious prognosticators the steelers will have that extra drive to run over the pats

JG52MadAdler
01-17-2005, 01:30 PM
@Blackshike

I guess were ripe for the picking. LOL

knightgames_01
01-17-2005, 01:37 PM
All trash talk aside....... I think this is going to be the BEST Playoffs/ Superbowl in a long time.

Don't count out Atlanta. (Yeah, I know they played the Rams)

Well, at least a fluke 8-8 team didn't win their playoff game. (Seahawks...Rams)

It really is the best 4 teams.

And, I WILL NEVER COUNT OUT THE PATS!
Too many people do and end up losers.
The Pats NEVER underestimate their opponant. They lost last time because the Steelers were better. Their other loss was such a stupid thing. If Brady didn't try to make a play that he DIDN'T have to even attempt he never would thrown that god aweful a$$ pass.

Tedi Bruschi has got to be one of the top 3 linebackers playing. Too bad it's not recognised by the rest of the sports nation.
And for those that know..... wouldn't you like him on YOUR team?

And don't forget all you Steeler fans....Pats were handicapped during the last meeting. We had Earthwin Mooreland playing DB. That's gotta count dor something. LOL

Me thinks the Lombardi Trophy needs a new name. The Belechick Trophy!
(Oh and for clarification....The above statement can be classified as FANBOY!...LOL)

Good luck at anyrate.
regards,
Robert

PS.... I called Babies R Us. They have an overstock on pale yellow CRYING TOWELS. Better get one while you can. You'll need it after next week.

-HH- Beebop
01-17-2005, 01:49 PM
It will be Pittsburgh Sunday. Be sure.

Then it will be "One For The Thumb". Two weeks, be sure.

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Also look for Antwaan Randle El to have a big day out of the slot. Do you really think Brown can cover him? Not hardly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-17-2005, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaggyPantz:
What are you talkin' about willis !

Best offense in the AFL comfortably stopped, Ty who ?

Granted Pittsburgh are a good side and it will be a proper blue collar game, but brady's been there seen it and got the rings. Big Ben can only hide behind the offensive line for so long, before prematurely scrambling that is !

Brady bunch'll be in jacksonville, no doubt ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its easy to stop Manning when you dont allow him on the field http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Fehler
01-17-2005, 02:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightgames_01:
Tedi Bruschi has got to be one of the top 3 linebackers playing. Too bad it's not recognised by the rest of the sports nation.
And for those that know..... wouldn't you like him on YOUR team? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... Too bad Pittsburgh has the other two top linebackers in Farrior and Porter. Foote, Haggins, and Bell arent too shabby either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pittsburgh's defense is deeper than New England's. Plain and simple. If this game boils down to a defensive battle, all my money will be on the Steelers.

Truthfully, the only chance New England has is to jump out early and force Pittsburgh's passing game to beat them. That is a small chance, since no one else has been able to do it to them this year.

Teddy will find himself being blocked all day long by Fanaca and Kreider and the last thing he will see most of the game is a big number 36 or 22 running past him.

Taylortony
01-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Ahhhhh, I have heard of this game, it's a bit like Rugby for softies with all this padding added, is that the one?.............

Funny isn't it,we also have a game in the UK like Baseball, we call it Rounders...... That's what British Girls mainly play at school...

http://www.nra-rounders.co.uk/history.html

horseback
01-17-2005, 02:45 PM
As a longtime University of Arizona fan, I was aware of Teddy Bruschi back when he was the best college defensive end in the country-he kicked Tony Boselli's butt every year, back then, and Boselli, "the greatest USC OT since Tony Munoz", was a Number One Pick, while Teddy was what?- a third or fourth round pick?

Bruschi is not a linebacker, he's a football player. Blocked or not, Numbers 22 and 36 (and probably Big Ben) will be wearing Teddy for a necktie, belt or ankle bracelet for much of the game.

God, I wish he was playing for my Chargers!!

cheers

horseback

Owlsphone
01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
I would love to see a Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

Steelers vs. Eagles.

Oh and Taylortony, I know rugby players are tough...I'm not denying that. But I would LOVE to see the best rugby player try and go up against a 6'8" 400 lb. behemoth lineman in the NFL...or even try and tackle a Deuce Staley or Emmitt Smith. No contest.

Lav69
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Colts need to make some off season defensive purchases. Also need to assure themselves the best AFC regular season record so they can stay in their dome through play-offs. Kinda like how Tampa struggled up in Green bay for a few seasons.

Lav69
01-17-2005, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taylortony:
Ahhhhh, I have heard of this game, it's a bit like Rugby for softies with all this padding added, is that the one?.............

Funny isn't it,we also have a game in the UK like Baseball, we call it Rounders...... That's what British Girls mainly play at school...

http://www.nra-rounders.co.uk/history.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am familiar with rugby, Aussie rules and American football. Sorry dude you are terribly wrong. American football is by far the roughest of the 3. I am afraid you are not very familiar with the NFL at all for these guys are far bigger and faster than anything the Aussies or Rugby fans have ever seen.

Don't know about "rounders", but baseball is adapted from an American Indian game originally.

BaldieJr
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
"Contact-sport without padding" is just another way of saying "game of grab-***".

Steelers +3

JG52MadAdler
01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Ever since the "Greatest Show on Turf"
NE finds a way to win.
Despite Weather,odds and injury.
Its not about this one or that one.
Its about the team and this team always wins
and always leaves the other team saying
who were those non-probowl,hard hitting,point scoring,turn over getting masked men.

HighHoSilver AWAY!

han freak solo
01-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Steelers all the way Babeee!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I've grown to love them since the Oilers left town... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

"They proved EVERYBODY wrong and beat the best offense in the AFL." AFL?! Dang, someone is a longtime football fan! The Oilers won the first two championships of the "AFL" and no one cared. I know I didn't because I wasn't alive yet.

darkhorizon11
01-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Pats all the way.

They've overcome obstacle after obstacle. The Steelers have been up and down over the years. They're still a formidable team. Thankfully we have Dillon this time around. The Steelers better play better next week than this week against the Jets or else they are in trouble.

Either way its going to be a good game.

BlackShrike
01-17-2005, 09:32 PM
i look at it this way. big ben has a great game and 125 qb rating. if so he wins.

scenario 2 big ben has a bad day like last weekend. and wins. because of pitts D fence and offensive line. both better than pats btw.

pats are good . steelers are good. the two best in nfl. but its in pittsburgh and crowd noise will be a factor. and teddy bruschi will not be able to push around pitt like the colts.

no way. not in our house. not today. not tomorrow. not at all.

stats are fine and dandy but a pats fan said it in this thread. pats are a team of non pro bowlers. but i think hes wrong tom brady is a pro bowler.

but the steelers have six going to pro bowl and about 20 total pro bowl caliber. you cant go to pitt this year and face the best rookie qb ever in history and also jerome bettis, duece staley, plaxico burress, hines ward, antwaan randle el, dan kreider, alan fanaca, joey porter, larry foote, kendrell bell, troy palamalu, willie williams, james farrior, harrison, and others. its an all star cast of never say die pro bowl caliber players that play as a team .

the pats do not have better players, nor a better D, nor a better offensive line, and CERTAINLY not a better receiver corps.

what do the pats have better? possibly their qb due to experience. but last meeting a couple months ago bradys qb rating was about 30 and big bens was 126

still the best chance to win the super bowl. the steelers in all categories.

will someone please tell me what pats will have better than steelers when IN pittsburgh this sunday. no one has yet. just trash talk. lets talk facts

darkhorizon11
01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
A single player means nothing. The Patriots have always played as a team, both in victory and defeat. Having six players going to the Probowl doesn't give the Steelers anything over the Patriots, everyone knows its a popularity contest.

There is one thing that is bugging me. Steelers fans are trying to undermine what the Patriots did yesterday. I mean Manning is the best QB in the league right now. He threw 51 TD passes this season. His offensive scored 522 points, 5th best in NFL history. They had 6 recievers averaging over 10 yards per reception, including Edgerin James who rushed for 1548 yards all season. And yesterday, tise stellar offensive scored 3 points.I mean how many other teams can allow 230 yards passing in a single game yet not give up a single TD? Probably no one especially if Manning is the general commanding your troops. This is because they play well under pressure when it counts. I challenge any other defense in the league to repeat that performance, including the Steelers.

The Patriots have overcome obstacle after obstacle. Four years ago, I heard the same thing from Rams fans. Where are they now? Yes what the Pats lack in big names they make up for in heart. They pulled many upsets before and their quite capable again.

This isn't an ESPN forum, so I won't take this any further than just to say that just because the Steelers are playing at home doesn't make them invulnerable.

Bring it on.

Y

knightgames_01
01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
The thing is tho, Darkhorizon. It's not an upset. An upset is when they (the Pats) pull out a win they don't think they were going to.
Who cares what the pundits, what the neysayers, or you or me think. The Patriots have the confidence to believe in themselves. They don't need that from us.

AND they have the dignity to admit defeat by a better team when it happens. How often do you see THAT?!!!

Nope, no Pro Bowlers here....just hardworking, believe in themselves, no nonsense football players.

They are looking at the Steelers...they are devising plans...methods of attack and weakness. All teams have them. The Pats WILL find those weaknesses and exploit them.
If they can't... the better team will have won. Simple and to the point.

It's funny there were MANY predicting a Pittsburgh/ Indianapolis AFC Championship. The pundits made it seem like David and Goliath.
or that the Pats were going to their own execution.

Well the Pats won because they exploited Indy's weakness. POSSESSION. or Peytons lack thereof. The defense came strong and didn't allow the Colts to score.... heck to even move the ball.

"The Pat's only scored 20 points....what are they gonna do in Pittsburgh?"
They only needed 6. They didn't need more and Patriots POSESSION capitalized on the Colts weakness. Sure it could have been a point pottpurri. But the smart win was displayed yesterday. CONTROL...PATIENCE...EXECUTION.
Same will happen with the Steelers game.

And, no matter who is quarterback he's in there because they CAN lead a team. Ben CAN lead. It's been great to see him do well. But there are no excuses if he plays bad. That's the big element in team. When one side faulters or one person fails another makes the determined play. Steelers were VERY VERY lucky to win. Not because they weren't more talented than the Jets. But because they didn't put the Jets away. It came down to a goalpost bounce to determine the Jets loss. It should NEVER have come to that.

Whose fault would it have been if the field goal would have went the other way? Ben?..Burriss?... Any one of the defenders who allowed them to get in fieldgoal range?

LOL........yeah, I'm rambling...so i'll quit now and go to bed.

So I'll close with this.
Terrible towels and Flying Elvises mean nothing. It will be 2 GREAT AFC teams on the gridiron on Sunday. No matter who wins it's going to be GREAT.
I'll be happy for the Steelers and Steeler fans if the Pats lose. Tho I'm not placing THAT bet.

regards all
Im going to bed
Robert

MO_JOJO
01-18-2005, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightgames_01:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope NE goes into the game with that attitude! Bellycheck had better have the tissues ready for those chowder-heads.

darkhorizon11
01-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I had to bring this back.

Bellycheck and chowderheads? Hardly...

The number one defense int he NFL just gave up 41 points. Ouch, its tough to be a Steelers fan.

Your house just became our playground. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HayateAce
01-23-2005, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Also look for Antwaan Randle El to have a big day out of the slot. Do you really think Brown can cover him? Not hardly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2005-01-23/0124rjesus-a.jpg

JG52MadAdler
01-24-2005, 01:12 AM
New England Patriots 41 FINAL
Pittsburgh Steelers 27

Next
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

knightflyte
01-24-2005, 07:56 AM
The air is cleaner..... the birds are singing...all is right in Patriot Nation.
It's GREAT to be a Patriot fan.

We Boston people have a mantra....for 86 years we said it. I'd like to teach it to the Steeler fans.
Repeat after me:

"Wait till next year."

You know what's funny?.... Listening to the acceptance speeches by Kraft and Bellichick. The echo off the EMPTY stadium seats was deafening.

Na ungh... not in our pickle park.

Alright I'm done gloating.

Pittsburg is a great team. But someone has to win someone has to loose. Patriots covered the Pittsburg receivers well enough to make Rothlesburg make mistakes.

I feel bad for him. Not too much in the way of support for him by his own team.
His own pregame statements said he didn't want to dissappoint the team. THAT'S a lot of pressure he never should have placed on himself. Seeing him alone on the sidelines to me reiterated that HE will be blamed for the loss. Too bad... as a rookie having a 16-0 record is QUITE an accomplishment. Coaching and the team should have been there to encourage him.

Go Pats in the Superbowl.
regards,
Robert

Tooz_69GIAP
01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
****ation upon you patriots!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Go Eagles!!!!!

biggs222
01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
GO EAGLES!!!

dont be fooled, were arent just a team thats happey to be in the SB, WE WANT IT ALL!!!

Pats better not take this game lightly ...

E
A
G
L
E
S

EAGLES!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Owlsphone
01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
^^^ What he said.^^^

Fly Eagles Fly.

han freak solo
01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

JG52MadAdler
01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I think the Eagles are great.
Should be a great game.
When was the last time the Patriots took a team
lightly.
One game at a time. Thats how they do it.
One game at a time!

blue_76
01-24-2005, 12:56 PM
GO EAGLES!

Worf101
01-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Personally, I've no stake in either team... mine sux so bad they were officially eliminated from the PlayOffs in September!!! So I won't be paying THAT much attention to the whole affair.
But I did watch all the games. NE is a wonder to behold, they just keep dismantling every Offense sent against them. Manning can pass, shut him down. Pittsburgh can run, bottle em up! And mind you I HATE the Pats but it's hard to bet against em.

Philly, finally showed up for the Champeenship game. They know they're inna dogfight with the Champs. They also know that nobodies gonna give em any love either. They'll have to endure 13 days of "New England's the best this" and "Brady's the best that" and this talk will either discourage them mightly or piss them off Royally.. I hope it's the latter and that we have one great game...

Da Worfster

PS Sad and disgruntled Raider Fan since the Heidi game.

biggs222
01-24-2005, 02:29 PM
HMm just read Eagles are 7 point favorites ....huh??? O_o

oh i get it.. NOW everyone jumps on the Eagles bandwagon... yeah i dont think so ... getoff! we dont want any of u fake-fans, go SHOO SHOO!!

Tooz_69GIAP
01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm a Packers fan, but they got humped, so tis Eagles for me now!!!!

Owlsphone
01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by biggs222:

oh i get it.. NOW everyone jumps on the Eagles bandwagon... yeah i dont think so ... getoff! we dont want any of u fake-fans, go SHOO SHOO!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could have sworn that the Pats were favored.

And yes, I agree. Get off our wagon. It seems that everyone is still talking about the Pats like they hadn't won a Super Bowl and came out of nowhere. You can't be a Cinderella story forever. They've been to the Super Bowl how many times in the past few years?

Philadelphia, the city of almost winners deserves this one.

wayno7777
01-24-2005, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by biggs222:

oh i get it.. NOW everyone jumps on the Eagles bandwagon... yeah i dont think so ... getoff! we dont want any of u fake-fans, go SHOO SHOO!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pats are 6 to 6.5 pt. faves. Eagles have unfinished business to take care of. Chad Lewis broke his foot. T.O. may start running this week. Will be a very interesting matchup. Experience versus hunger.

Go EAGLES!!!

MO_JOJO
01-24-2005, 10:21 PM

No bandwagon, friend. We just want to see the Patsy's go down in flames. If the Eagles don't pull it off we'll never shut up the beaneaters!!! NE makes me miss the Dallas team.

P.S. Do you think more damage will be inflicted upon the city of Philly if the Eagles win or lose?

wayno7777
01-24-2005, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MO_JOJO:

No bandwagon, friend. We just want to see the Patsy's go down in flames. If the Eagles don't pull it off we'll never shut up the beaneaters!!! NE makes me miss the Dallas team.

P.S. Do you think more damage will be inflicted upon the city of Philly if the Eagles win or lose? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good question. I'm glad I'm 55 miles north of Philly. If they lose, things could get real ugly. If they win, I think things will be OK... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

knightgames_01
01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry all you Phillie Phans. It's not going to happen. No team is taken lightly by the Patriots. From the lowly Arizona Cardinals to the Pittsburg Steelers, each team is game planned meticulously. Adjustments are made and the players respond.
Just look at the two different teams in the playoffs the Pats defeated. One was a passing, scoring powerhouse. The other was a run offense with superlative defense. Two different gameplans were devised and executed very well.

You can call the Pats the patsies all you like. The truth is they ARE the best team in Pro Football right now. They've been consistant for three years with a multitude of team devestating injuries.

Philidelphia deserves nothing but the respect they've earned to get where they are now. BUT they don't deserve to win the Superbowl. They have to earn it like EVERYBODY else. (That's a pretty great accomplishment to get to the NFC championship 4 years straight.)

Don't you think three Superbowls in four years is worth crowing about? That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age of salary cap... and player arbitration yaddah yaddah yaddah. You know you'd be pretty happy if you were a fan and your team accomplished this goal.

regards,
Robert

Oh... and NEENER NEENER NEENERRRRRRR! Have a great day guys.

MO_JOJO
01-24-2005, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by knightgames_01:
Don't you think three Superbowls in four years is worth crowing about? That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age of salary cap... and player arbitration yaddah yaddah yaddah. You know you'd be pretty happy if you were a fan and your team accomplished this goal.
QUOTE]

It's definitely worth crowing about if you're the crowing type. But when you have to deal with idiots of the "Boston Rob" variety on a daily basis...it gets a bit ridiculous. We're all aware of what a great team they have, I do like an underdog as well as the NFC. If NE takes it again...no one will be surprised, and if they lose, well good for the Eagles. It's been a long time for them.

wayno7777
01-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Since 1960.

darkhorizon11
01-25-2005, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Worf101:
Personally, I've no stake in either team... mine sux so bad they were officially eliminated from the PlayOffs in September!!! So I won't be paying THAT much attention to the whole affair.
But I did watch all the games. NE is a wonder to behold, they just keep dismantling every Offense sent against them. Manning can pass, shut him down. Pittsburgh can run, bottle em up! And mind you I HATE the Pats but it's hard to bet against em.

Philly, finally showed up for the Champeenship game. They know they're inna dogfight with the Champs. They also know that nobodies gonna give em any love either. They'll have to endure 13 days of "New England's the best this" and "Brady's the best that" and this talk will either discourage them mightly or piss them off Royally.. I hope it's the latter and that we have one great game...

Da Worfster

PS Sad and disgruntled Raider Fan since the Heidi game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was afraid this would happen I've been a Pats fan my whole life and their quickly becoming the new yankees. I mean until this season and the last superbowl the Pats never got much respect at all. People whine about them always winning and unfortunately theres a lot of bandwagon Pats fans. For the record I'm from RI (Foxboro stadium is closer to where I live than Boston itself) and I've been a Pats fan my whole life. I've sat through more 4-12, 5-11, nowhere seasons as championship ones.

JG52MadAdler
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
No the Pats are not becoming the new Yankees.
The Yankee's are loaded with High Priced Franchise
players.
The Patriots have Blue Collar football players
with no Hollywood. The Patriots are not trying to buy a SB. They are solid players coached extremely well. I was a fan in the 0-16 days, why not enjoy
the 14-2 days. Come on, jump on the band wagon.
All are welcome. This team deserves it.

GTO_68
01-25-2005, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Pats are 6 to 6.5 pt. faves. Eagles have unfinished business to take care of. Chad Lewis broke his foot. T.O. may start running this week. Will be a very interesting matchup. Experience versus hunger.

Go EAGLES!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you understand the Patriots. Not only do they have experience, they STILL have the hunger. This very well could be the last hurrah for this team and they know it as the coaching staff will be losing their offesive and defensive co-ordinators. Though stranger things have happened, I don't think this team loses this game.