PDA

View Full Version : What About Ranged Combat?

SirLegar
05-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I'm a big fan of stealth gameplay. So I wondered what tools we will have on our disposal for ranged attacks such as high-tech bows & arrows, suppressed guns, grappling hooks (this one is approved) etc.We could also use traps which may come in handy for stealth attacks. Just think of stealing a treasure from a wealthy family at night inside a cyberpunk-looking dystopian city; sounds fun! Lastly, I wonder how is the leveling & character progression going to affect our characters' abilities.I hope we will learn more on E3.

atubaboun
05-31-2018, 01:44 PM
Well, since we've seen in the last space monkey report that they intent to have a combat system similar to BGE1's, maybe we'll find the same stealth mechanics too.

There were stealthy takedowns if you came from behind an enemy without making noise, and you could attack from a distance and incapacitate an enemy if you aimed right, but your position could be given away and if there was another enemy he would help his fellow up after some time. Still pretty basic so i guess those are likely to be in BGE2 and they will probably expand upon those in tems of steath possibilities .

KIERROK
06-01-2018, 03:54 AM
Someone (keeping name quiet) told me Michel wanted everything from the trailer, in game. So it's a safe assumption to expect guns like Knox's revolver. Personally, I want to be able to use a snipe rifle, for medium to long range. With revolvers and/or staff (confirmed) for close quarters. I'd love to make a feline hybrid and call him Revolver Ocelot :rolleyes: or a dog/wolf hybrid and name him Sniper Wolf :p

ElPrimordial
06-01-2018, 11:13 PM
I'd love to make a feline hybrid and call him Revolver Ocelot :rolleyes: or a dog/wolf hybrid and name him Sniper Wolf :p

My friend, you won the internets today!!!

Legion-495
06-02-2018, 12:08 PM
I wonder if Jades distance weapon has any relation to those guns in terms of technical talk.
But then again we have 2 different Star-Systems so would tech even carry over?

Which also brings up the question where that gyrodisc launcher came from.
I like to think that those guns are gyrodisc launcher with a railgun part attached to it (causing a pistol looking device). At least I hope that will be the explanation for them. :)
But there are also energy weapons (if we consider Alpha Sections) so maybe that is just a simple energy weapon like in Fallout.
Knox gun is obviously a classic. So maybe weapons have different aspects based on how they work. I would not be surprised if this is also about weapon damage and efficiency.
Ballistics, classic guns, laser and then gyrodisc railgun. We have yet to see all ranged weapons.
I am very curious about the ship guns, to be honest.

And I actually would like less focus in ranged combat and more puzzle solving with on the foot guns.

KIERROK
06-02-2018, 06:23 PM
My friend, you won the internets today!!!

I thank you ^_^