PDA

View Full Version : For Honor: Past Present and Future

FredEx919
05-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Warriors,

Thanks for being here through it all! Here's a glimpse at the past, present, and future of For Honor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c0CuV5jT4

HazelrahFirefly
05-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Phooey, just made a thread on this. I'll post in both!

I'm thinking we have an Arabian Warrior faction incoming!

Hopefully that's not all for E3 though, because I don't think that will be enough to draw in that many new players...

SpaceJim12
05-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Meme-loving? Oo
I hope not...

Tyrjo
05-30-2018, 05:26 PM
That's a Cutlass! Pirate faction? :D

SpaceJim12
05-30-2018, 05:27 PM
I finnaly can use my Warden for the Crusade! =)
If it will be new story part I could forgive you everything, guys.=)

FredEx919
05-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Phooey, just made a thread on this. I'll post in both!

I'm thinking we have an Arabian Warrior faction incoming!

Hopefully that's not all for E3 though, because I don't think that will be enough to draw in that many new players...

We have some cool things to share at E3! I think everyone will be surprised with what's coming up.

Vakris_One
05-30-2018, 05:45 PM
We have some cool things to share at E3! I think everyone will be surprised with what's coming up.
*crosses fingers for Elephants as new mounted cavalry combat*

:D

SpaceJim12
05-30-2018, 05:49 PM

You guys deffenetly can hype! =)

HazelrahFirefly
05-30-2018, 07:24 PM
I do think a 4th faction of Pirates announced at E3 would be big enough to have FH there... but boy I hope it is more than that.

CandleInTheDark
05-30-2018, 08:04 PM
Devil's advocate, the character we see a hand and weapon of is a Samurai ally akin to Centurion to the Knights and Highlander to the Vikings. Samurai don't really have one of these yet.

Fairemont
05-30-2018, 08:29 PM
Devil's advocate, the character we see a hand and weapon of is a Samurai ally akin to Centurion to the Knights and Highlander to the Vikings. Samurai don't really have one of these yet.

Not really a devil's advocate. That thing looks exactly like a dao, a Chinese weapon. Its far more likely than a full, brand new faction.

CandleInTheDark
05-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Not really a devil's advocate. That thing looks exactly like a dao, a Chinese weapon. Its far more likely than a full, brand new faction.

Feels like devil's advocate given two threads sprang up about new factions within minutes of the trailer lol but yes Occam's razor may have been more appropriate.

Fairemont
05-30-2018, 08:40 PM
There is, after all, a mild obsession with having new factions instead of more people just added to the current three factions like it actually makes a difference.

New characters will be revealed. Probably a game mode.

We.the.North
05-30-2018, 11:30 PM

The only thing I want to see is a feat system revamp. A complete overhaul of how feats works in For Honor.

The only mode actually played on PC is Dominion and it is plagued by bombs and such.

We dont need new heroes, new ornaments, new armor sets, new weapons. We dont even need a new game mode (since all your "events" can't even find players within reasonable amount of time). Your ONLY mode is Dominion, fix it.

Illyrian_King
05-30-2018, 11:39 PM
I really hope it's really knights/samurai/vikings this time and NO PIRATES or a 4th faction.

Just give me a big, and complex Siege Mode and there would be nothing I could still ask for ;b

Vakris_One
05-31-2018, 11:03 AM
If this isn't a big fake out for introducing Sam Fisher with his kerambit then I will be dissapointed :p

Tatsu147146
05-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Can we at least analyze the weapon and small amount of armor for a second, instead of thinking of new factions which is highly unlikely. First of all when you say pirate you instinctively think of the golden age of piracy with naval combat and swashbuckling thieves and murderers. These pirates would be unfit to fight in the world of For Honor. They wore no armor, had a reliance on guns, ships, and cannons than land based warfare and they'd much rather raid and retreat than stay for full on combat. You might think that vikings were the same but there are examples of them fighting in land based warfare and conducting sieges over a long period of time. In my own opinion the way the armor is on the hand makes me think of the Persian immortal warrior and what seems to be the scimitar would reinforce my belief. My second choice would be a Mongol warrior and, considering the way Genghis Khan took over most of Eurasian, they would most likely be of the viking faction. Of course I could be very much mistaken on the subject I'm not a history teacher after all.

RexXZ347
05-31-2018, 04:43 PM
How can there be a 4th faction? The map is already split into 3 nations. Plus, the place in the last trailer looks like Jerusalem with wardens for a holy crusade. But i tell you if those would be samurai's the persians are dead meat

GarrettRAF
05-31-2018, 10:47 PM
The weapon could also possibly be a falchion

EvoX.
05-31-2018, 10:51 PM
A Persian warrior would be kickass, really hoping it's not a pirate.

Arekonator
05-31-2018, 11:56 PM
And the hand holding the falchion is left hand. So i guess another dual-wielding character, yay...

HazelrahFirefly
06-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Can we at least analyze the weapon and small amount of armor for a second, instead of thinking of new factions which is highly unlikely. First of all when you say pirate you instinctively think of the golden age of piracy with naval combat and swashbuckling thieves and murderers. These pirates would be unfit to fight in the world of For Honor. They wore no armor, had a reliance on guns, ships, and cannons than land based warfare and they'd much rather raid and retreat than stay for full on combat. You might think that vikings were the same but there are examples of them fighting in land based warfare and conducting sieges over a long period of time. In my own opinion the way the armor is on the hand makes me think of the Persian immortal warrior and what seems to be the scimitar would reinforce my belief. My second choice would be a Mongol warrior and, considering the way Genghis Khan took over most of Eurasian, they would most likely be of the viking faction. Of course I could be very much mistaken on the subject I'm not a history teacher after all.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this point is irrelevant.

Reality went out the window a long time ago in FH. In fact, even if you ignore all the effects, impossible physical movements, goofy executions, and Shaman biting through armor... you still have examples like the male Raider from the very start of the game. He's basically bare-chested, and should have 1 hp; any weapon would end his life.

Heck, even much of the Samurai's armor is purely cloth, meaning they would be lucky to survive a hit. NO ONE except maaaybe the LB and Conq could withstand a Highlander Heavy.

Pirates not wearing armor and not fighting on land means nothing. I much more am hoping for Arabic, Indian, Mongol, or even a Chinese hero/faction myself, but there's no reason it couldn't be a pirate.

GarrettRAF
06-01-2018, 08:57 PM
The human body can survive very severe injuries and the armor in the game isn't really doing anything except for looks. the lawbringer would have the best survival chance from most of the weapons because blunt force trauma weapons are the best weapon to use against full plate. same would go for fighting against warden. as far as raider for armor, he has the least amunt of armor showing but wouldnt be killed instantly with one hit. as ive said before, the human body can take serious damage and still survive. it wouldnt be a fun experience though to get hit by the lawbringer's poleaxe to the chest and live to tell the tale.

HazelrahFirefly
06-01-2018, 09:11 PM
The human body can survive very severe injuries and the armor in the game isn't really doing anything except for looks. the lawbringer would have the best survival chance from most of the weapons because blunt force trauma weapons are the best weapon to use against full plate. same would go for fighting against warden. as far as raider for armor, he has the least amunt of armor showing but wouldnt be killed instantly with one hit. as ive said before, the human body can take serious damage and still survive. it wouldnt be a fun experience though to get hit by the lawbringer's poleaxe to the chest and live to tell the tale.

Very, very, VERY unlikely he would live through anything. A graze, a nick, a light slash, and he might just be bleeding and have to limp away. Anything more and he's done. People survive woundings in rl because they were accidents. If a Warden chops you he means to severe much of the body - instant death.

Besides, the point is that a cloth wearing pirate would fit perfectly fine, especially alongside heroes like the Nobu and Shinobi.

GarrettRAF
06-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Yep we can survive getting shot gun guns. thats a lot more than a simple cut from a sword.heck there have been people lucky enough to survive headshots from guns too. so dont give me the "Oh a paper cut will kill him" when people in the real world have gone through and survived MUCH worse things that hurt MUCH more.

GarrettRAF
06-01-2018, 11:08 PM
"Shot by guns" is what i meant to say

HazelrahFirefly
06-02-2018, 02:58 AM
Ever seen the videos of a sword chopping into a pig body? You'd die.

The people who survive gunshots do so because of 1/1,000,000 chances combined with immediate medical treatment.

On the FH battlefield you dont get treatment, you flop to the ground and die. Circling back to the point, a pirate's clothes would be better protection than a raiders bare chest. Why are you arguing pointlessly?

Tatsu147146
06-02-2018, 11:13 AM
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this point is irrelevant.

Reality went out the window a long time ago in FH. In fact, even if you ignore all the effects, impossible physical movements, goofy executions, and Shaman biting through armor... you still have examples like the male Raider from the very start of the game. He's basically bare-chested, and should have 1 hp; any weapon would end his life.

Heck, even much of the Samurai's armor is purely cloth, meaning they would be lucky to survive a hit. NO ONE except maaaybe the LB and Conq could withstand a Highlander Heavy.

Pirates not wearing armor and not fighting on land means nothing. I much more am hoping for Arabic, Indian, Mongol, or even a Chinese hero/faction myself, but there's no reason it couldn't be a pirate.

Okay, I'm going to have to agree the armor thing to survive in game is irrelevant, but the point is really that the guy in the video has armor and pirates don't. At this point they wouldn't armor a pirate to fit the battlefield, this is why pirate is even less likely now.

Also I'd like to point out that there is a samurai documentary that can be found on YouTube that depicts a mass burial where they found the injured skeleton of a samurai, he had survived several blows from a katana and he had no armor. Furthermore he had repeatedly been struck in the head and had not been killed yet.

So you could go on a battlefield without armor and kinda survive (this is highly unlikely and I wouldn't recommend it).

I don't remember the name of the documentary at the moment but I'll post it as soon as I find out.

Edit: Okay I found it, this the link hope you enjoy.
https://youtu.be/Yt-190vzfSo

Specialkha
06-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Can't wait to have more imbalance in this game.

Halvtand
06-02-2018, 01:25 PM
The sword at the end is either a Persian scimitar (Shamshir) or a Chinese great sword (dadao) Nothing about this talks about a new faction and quite frankly a pirate faction sounds ridiculous. I hope we get a new Vanguard for each faction instead.

Persian scimitar:
https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/NjA5WDEwMjQ=/z/GSwAAOSwcF9UW63U/$/Arabian-Sultans-Persian-Shamshir-Scimitar-Sword-Black-_1.jpg

Dadao:
https://static.webshopapp.com/shops/032318/files/025942191/600x600x2/cold-steel-maa-chinese-war-sword-two-handed.jpg

Tatsu147146
06-02-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm onboard with Chinese warrior now, because I've seen a few other photos of the dadao and they share the same guard as the sword in the trailer.

Cheekibandit
06-03-2018, 02:06 AM
I think weapon analysis is useless since a crazy European lady has a kurki. I am honestly on board for a pirate hero

FredEx919
06-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Only one week away from E3! So much to share, so much to see! :cool:

Armosias
06-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Only one week away from E3! So much to share, so much to see! :cool:
Do you know if we'll be able to watch the E3 Ubi show live? It's gonna be at 10pm in my country and well, I wouldn't miss this show

CandleInTheDark
06-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Do you know if we'll be able to watch the E3 Ubi show live? It's gonna be at 10pm in my country and well, I wouldn't miss this show

I am assuming so based on this https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/how-watch-ubisoft-e3-2018-livestream-3615548/

Armosias
06-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I am assuming so based on this https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/how-watch-ubisoft-e3-2018-livestream-3615548/
Thank you Candle that answers my question.
I guess next monday's evening is going to end late... HYPE

HazelrahFirefly
06-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Not to be a dingleberry but, what time and date is the conference? Its Junr 11th right? I know there is a banner in game currently, but I just realized while at work that I hadn't put it in my calendar.

FredEx919
06-06-2018, 04:43 PM
The Ubi conference will be on Monday June 11 at 1PM PT / 4PM ET. You can watch it on the Ubisoft Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft) and we'll also host it on the For Honor channel (http://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame) if you want to watch it there.

mohamad_siraand
06-07-2018, 03:53 PM
i think this is a persian hero

Vakris_One
06-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Based on the sword, which looks to be a Dadao as the guard is a perfect match, my money is on a Chinese warrior or potentially a Mongol. What little armour we can see is reminiscient of Chinese armour during the Ming Dynasty and based on how Roman and Celtic DLC warriors were added to the other two European based factions it would be a logical choice to add Asian mercenary warriors to the Samurai faction.

iolosupport
06-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Services Support (https://www.iolosupportnumbers.com/services-support/) +1-800-283-2186 for iolo Support Hard Disk Repair. We Provide Online Remote Technical Support to Fix iolo System Error Code and Messages by iolo Support Repair to the Customer Care Help with the contact us.

SpaceJim12
06-09-2018, 09:06 AM
You know, lights spamming is nothing compared to forum spamming. =_=

Vakris_One
06-09-2018, 01:43 PM
You know, lights spamming is nothing compared to forum spamming. =_=
Only because apparently we are to believe that Ubisoft is on a lowly 20 FPS with dial up Internet and the forum spamming has the unblockable, undodgeable and uninterruptible property as well massive i-frames and lots of lag switchers. :p

SpaceJim12
06-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Only because apparently we are to believe that Ubisoft is on a lowly 20 FPS with dial up Internet and the forum spamming has the unblockable, undodgeable and uninterruptible property as well massive i-frames and lots of lag switchers.

Exactly! =)

Tatsu147146
06-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Knew it, Chinese. Although I expected them to be part of the samurai faction. Oh well this is better (I hope) we're not only getting one hero but four, totally hyped.

Kamen42
06-12-2018, 01:37 PM
We are only in the beginning of the game. I was really happy to hear that. I love the game (apart from some minor things) and it is only going to get better.

RexXZ347
06-12-2018, 02:18 PM
So where would be the chinese land? Knowing the whole for honor map was already split only into 3 lands.

babality3
06-13-2018, 08:11 PM
installed the starter edition. so glad i didn't give a single euro.

kapilfghj59
06-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Everyone is using the Quickbook Customer Care whether it is office or personal work at home. There are lots of Quickbook Customer Service like, Quickbook Tech Support (https://www.quickbookscustomersupportservice.com/quickbook-tech-support/) Toll-Free Number +1-888-723-9943 is here to help you with all those issues that you are having while using your Quickbook any Issues in managing bank accounts problem solve with the contact us.