PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: Season 3 Legendary Season End + Balance Change Notes

ThatDarnSteve
05-30-2018, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone, Steve from RedLynx here!

This week we’ve gathered a little bit more information about the season reset that’s coming next week and a bit of information about this week’s event. We've also taken some time to address talk of win-trading, present our upcoming balance change's patch notes, and introduce a cool new event type. If you have any thoughts, feedback, or questions, be sure to reply below.

THIS WEEK

ASSASSIN'S GALORE
This week, we’ll be having a team event that will be a card usage event - players will be able to gain points by using selected cards and winning PvP matches to progress through the event and collect prizes.

This event will be Assassin themed and will be featuring some of the most sweet (and deadly) assassins. While we typically attempt to refrain from doing card-usage events before a season reset, we have made an exception in this circumstance due to the timing of the Bounty Hunter Kyle event, the Assassin-heavy meta, and the relatively low point requirement. In the future, however, we will attempt to refrain from having card usage events prior to a season reset.

This weekend’s event will run from Thursday (UTC) to Monday (UTC).

The following cards are event cards, for each card on the list you use during the weekend event, you’ll receive one point.

Rat Swarm
Bandita Sally
Inuit Kenny
Astronaut Butters
Hermes Kenny
Gizmo Ike
Powerfist Dougie
Prophet Dougie
Underpants Gnomes
Canadian Knight Ike

As you collect points, you’ll be able to unlock various prize card packs. The reward tiers and point values can be found below.

SOLO REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

TEAM REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

At the conclusion of this event, we will begin a period of server maintenance which is anticipated to last for approximately 30 minutes. During this time, the game will not be accessible, so please keep this in mind.

https://i.imgur.com/6dFLtAA.png

DEVELOPER STREAM
This week, we’ll also be hanging out with all of you on our usual livestream - same time, same place! Stop on by to see us run some crazy Assassin decks, and some interesting strategies! Tune in on Facebook Live and Twitch this Thursday at 8 PM Pacific/ 11 PM Eastern to hang out with us, ask your questions, and maybe even win some sweet loot!

https://i.imgur.com/GWrVayQ.png (http://twitch.tv/southparkphonedestroyer)

NEXT WEEK

LEGENDARY SEASON END
This season is coming to an end. On Tuesday, June 5th at approximately 8AM UTC we will bring the servers offline and the season will come to a close. During this outage, we will be resetting the legendary leaderboards, preparing the legendary season rewards and pushing out a balance patch (notes below). This season’s winner will be honored here on the Ubisoft Forums, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter pages! There’s even a chance that they’ll be honored on the official South Park Facebook page, so fight your way to the top and claim your throne, New Kid!

https://i.imgur.com/MMP82um.png

In our previous season resets, we have removed 50% of legendary players. As the amount of players in legendary has grown, we have decided to change this "50% rule" and we will now be removing users who have an LSR rating lower than 10,000. Any user with an LSR of 10,000 or above will remain in legendary and those with 9,999 will be placed at rank 50.

WIN TRADING
While we are excited about crowning a new season winner, we have also been paying close attention to player feedback regarding win-trading by some players during this season. We have identified a pattern of behavior which we believe constitutes win-trading and other manipulations of the Legendary Leaderboard. We have heard your feedback, and our policy moving forward will reflect this. If a user was found to have engaged in win-trading (on either side) according to our data, they will have their Legendary season invalidated.

Approximately 24 hours prior to our Legendary Season ending, these users will be removed from the Legendary Leaderboard, and they will have their season rewards withheld due to a violation of our Terms of Use. The Legendary Leaderboard will then be adjusted to reflect the correct ranks of the remaining players. We will not be relying on player reports in this matter, rather we will be using match data to determine who has taken part in this practice.

If a player continues to exhibit this behavior, they may have further seasons invalidated, their PvP privileges revoked, or even receive a ban.

BALANCE CHANGES
In addition to the Legendary Season ending next week, we will be releasing a balance update during Tuesday’s maintenance. This round of balance changes has a specific focus on Mystical cards. Broadly speaking, Mystical is the least played theme at Legendary rank, so in order to make it more exciting and appealing, we’ve made some adjustments to cards with low usage rates. We feel that these adjustments will make Mystical more competitive, and are excited to see how they perform in the wild.

In the future, we will be running surveys (both in-game and within the community), continuing to listen to player feedback, and analyzing data to determine which cards to adjust. Please keep in mind that every card is subject to balance adjustments in order to help us achieve our goal of keeping Phone Destroyer an exciting, living, breathing PvP experience. We will also be attempting to keep balance updates in sync with season resets, at a roughly monthly pace.

📜 The Master Ninjew - Increased base HP (Upgrade 1/70) from 140 to 280. This is a scaling adjustment, meaning max level 7 (Upgrade 70/70) increases from 417 to 844.

💀 Witch Doctor Token- Increase base HP (Upgrade 1/70) from 300 to 370 and increased both life drain and heal to ½ (50%). This means that the base power will drain and heal 185 HP. This is a scaling adjustment, meaning max level 7 (Upgrade 70/70) HP increases from 901 to 1115. The trigger for his power has also decreased by 0.6 seconds.

⛪ Pope Timmy- Will now be a 6 cost unit (down from 7)

⚚ Hermes Kenny - Deathwish ability extended from 2 seconds up to 4 seconds, projectile speed has been increased.

🔋 Energy Staff - Energy speed up will now be 1.45 (up from 1.4)

🙏 Hallelujah - On top of the base heal, there is now a small amount added to your base HP. At level 1 the HP added is 15, at max level it is 65.

💥Unholy Combustion - The damage to surrounding enemies has been increased. The amount will start at 20 (previously 12) and increase up to 87 (at max level, previously 53) in order to always kill same level Rat Swarm and low health enemies

24 HOUR EVENTS
In more exciting news, in the near future, we will be rolling out a new type of event! 24 Hour Events will be coming soon. Once everything is ready on our end, players will be able to take part in short (24 hour) card usage events which will begin on Tuesdays (UTC), and will have the chance to earn prizes which consist mostly of upgrade items. You may even see the first of these as soon as next week! Depending on how these are received, they may even become a weekly staple of Phone Destroyer!

Last but certainly not least, we wanted to tell you to go check out the community run, unofficial subreddit. (http://reddit.com/r/southparkphone) It’s an awesome place to chat with other player’s, share deckbuilding and gameplay tips and find teams to join. They’re getting close to 15,000 members and we are planning a little gift for every South Park: Phone Destroyer player when they reach that milestone, so go and give them a hand!

That’s all we have for you this week. Good luck with the remainder of the Legendary Season! Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Steve🚀, Buck🦌, and Toller🐶

Hershalicious
05-30-2018, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the update. Is there ANY information about having team leader boards for the weekend events? Its been over a year and we are still waiting for them! Getting Stale without them!

Ibetough
05-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Energy Staff costs 4 and with this update now returns 3.85 energy before it expires, assuming it isn't destroyed first - still pointless unless paired with Hermes Kenny.

Hermes Kenny now returns:
1.14 energy if no staff
1.65 energy with staff
1.66 energy during last minute
2.41 energy during last minute with staff

So at best, Hermes Kenny can now cost 0.59 energy, compared to the unchanged Choirboy Butters which costs 1.9 energy all game long.

Compare this to the other value cards such as Hookhand or Alien Clyde that at best can cost +1 energy by taking out a 4 cost opponent instantly... Or what about Fireball, Rogue Token, **** Magic or AQR that give absurd positive energy trade potential.

You say Mystical is an 'energy minipulation' theme but no, all the other themes still hold that trophy.

YouAteMyFries
05-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Compare this to the other value cards such as Hookhand or Alien Clyde that at best can cost +1 energy by taking out a 4 cost opponent instantly... Or what about Fireball, Rogue Token, **** Magic or AQR that give absurd positive energy trade potential.you forgot to mentioned princess kenny, paladin butters, stan the great, dwarf king clyde, rogue roken, canadian ike and robin tweak.

probably because half of these cards is in your main deck. fantasy cards should be nerfed asap; I only facing fantasy+anything decks at rank 50-1500. a few people in my team got huge boost from rank 1000 to top50-200 right after changing their decks to fantasy one (and leveling cards to proper level ofc).

Sky55995
05-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Will there be a chance for us to get event cards like Towelie, Incan Craig, and Bounty Hunter Kyle in our Legendary card packs?

Ibetough
05-30-2018, 05:58 PM
I mentioned Rogue Token... but yes some of the other cards you mentioned can also reap great value if used strategically.

Assassins from all other themes can be used strategically. Deckhand Butters + tank, Cyborg Kenny, Astronaut Butters + headhunter, Paladin Butters + Dougie. Even Princess Kenny renders an enemy useless basically until they are dead - which in a sense can be taken as a positive energy trade, depending on that units cost..

Example: Princess Kenny render a 2-4 cost unit worthless, making Kenny a 0 to +2 energy cost unit. Hermes Kenny and Choirboy Butters have no strategic value and their flat return is nothing compared to the energy trade value of other assassin's and many cards in general - this is something that Redlynx just doesn't seem to understand.

4 cost Rogue Token can near flatten an entire push making him a 0 to +4, 5, 6 or higher positive energy card, same with Fireball, maybe Arrowstorm if it's a heavy assassin push, same with **** Magic, AQR, poison, all the Clydes. Even all the Stans give positive energy trades with their charged abilities - rendering an entire push useless for 5 seconds is worth a heck of a lot more that 4 seconds double energy, or a whopping flat 0.1 from the almighty Choirboy Butters..

Many many cards in all themes except Mystical have such good value they are not only free cards in a sense, they actually give positive energy trade. Positive energy trades are how you make a push successful and win a match. Mystical has no card like this, so the only deck Mystical can run for a chance at a positive energy trade is a healing deck - Zen Cartmen, Angel Wendy, Friar Jimmy - we've all seen it work.

Point being: Energy Staff giving POSITIVE ENERGY (at least +2) is not a bad thing, in fact it is essential to make that strategy viable. Likewise Hermes Kenny and Choirboy Butters deathwishes need to give positive energy upon death, or at the very least negate their initial cost (since they have no strategic worth).

One last thing concerning the weakness of Mystical, they have no decent way to deal with backrow annoyances such as Timmy other than via Hercules Clyde or possibly Powerbind - which are terribly ineffective compared to the likes of Poison, any other Clyde, SOMM, Lightning Bolt and so on.

Redlynx please take note.

stellserias
05-30-2018, 06:24 PM
99% используют тему фэнтези. ОсобенноRogue Token

Thunderclaplou
05-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Energy Staff costs 4 and with this update now returns 3.85 energy before it expires, assuming it isn't destroyed first - still pointless unless paired with Hermes Kenny.

Hermes Kenny now returns:
1.14 energy if no staff
1.65 energy with staff
1.66 energy during last minute
2.41 energy during last minute with staff

So at best, Hermes Kenny can now cost 0.59 energy, compared to the unchanged Choirboy Butters which costs 1.9 energy all game long.

Compare this to the other value cards such as Hookhand or Alien Clyde that at best can cost +1 energy by taking out a 4 cost opponent instantly... Or what about Fireball, Rogue Token, **** Magic or AQR that give absurd positive energy trade potential.

You say Mystical is an 'energy minipulation' theme but no, all the other themes still hold that trophy.

The amount of mathematical skill you have shown working out these energy values makes me wonder, violently, how such a small increment can be match changing for someone so smart.

If this is what your matches are hinging on i just don't know.

The developers are doing a great job imo. Win trading, most importantly, has been commented on instantly, in the next update.

They have listened to feedback on cards such as hermes, i think if choirboy was a 2, every mystic player would use him - have you seen his stats at high level?

On that note, to people who have been crying out for stan the great - im a mys/sci fi user and i dont think he or princess should be nerfed. Those abilities are what makes fantasy unique and gives strategy. Not everyone plays fantasy, so why is it a problem that you cant beat that one theme? They are designed like that for a reason - rock paper scissors.

The same when people wanted mystic nerf. Every post started with "every mystic user i play." Yes, thats its special ability, you beat the other themes with your ability yes?

Sorry for rambling slightly off topic but give the developers a break, they have read every word of feedback posted and have been making steady progress every month since, listening to our feedback.

With that said, i really hope you stand your ground with the wintrading. I know they put a lot of money in, i just hope the dolphins are enough to keep the game afloat so you can kick them if needed. Thanks for a great game guys!

Geerti95
05-30-2018, 07:56 PM
They are designed like that for a reason - rock paper scissors.

Yes and Mystic is supposed to counter scifi...
Not fantasy, fantasy is supposed to be weak against scifi.

TrixMTL
05-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Moo moo, moo moo moo?

Ibetough
05-30-2018, 08:39 PM
The amount of mathematical skill you have shown working out these energy values makes me wonder, violently, how such a small increment can be match changing for someone so smart.

They have listened to feedback on cards such as hermes

All matches hinge on the outcome of energy trades, whether players are consciously aware if it or not. Players get a feeling when to push harder based on the outcome of small skirmishes, they typically know when they are building or losing momentum.

My only point is that aside from a healing deck, mystical has nothing else going for it - no other high value tide turner cards like all other themes have.

Energy staff, hermes and choirboy NEED to yield positive energy if they are to be viable, because mystic has no cards that do this.

I'm glad they listen to feedback because that's exactly what i'm giving them. Constructive critism. They want to improve mystic so first they need to understand the problems with it.

I really want to like mystic but most of these buffs are underwhelming, so personally im still not interested in the theme.

Geerti95
05-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Mystic was never underpowered, if they are not carefull the theme will become grosly OP.

The real reason the theme was less played is skilless purify and powerbind spammers not knowing how to play without. And being forced to play mystic to stand a chance.

Now that mystic is on par with other themes it is no longer a must play and people stopped playing it.

Because the theme is so grosly op defensive if you go to high in rank you start drawing a lot..
The drawing problem.

The theme is fine and these buffs of other cards directly adress this problem of boring play and no card possibilities except

ZEN FRIAR ANGEL REGEN PURIFY.

I would like to see more options for mystic and more cards so this theme does not rely on 3 grosly OP characters only.

Keep in mind

Zen cartman is byyy faaar the best cartman
Angel wendy by far best wendy
Friar is best jimmy by a decent margin.
Regen heals 32 and outheals poison while being full field.
Purify is 2 cost and gives massive energy advantage, only card that cures mind control .. resulting in a massive 2 energy loss for the opponent or 3 loss for AQR.

For once I agree with the devs that this is the way to go..
Altough that does not mean they are doing a good job balancing and choosing the right cards to buff.

More playable cards and making mystic less boring will fix A LOT.

testiclicles
05-30-2018, 10:44 PM
The decks I saw when I got as high as I could in legendary were all Fantasy plus something, or Sci-Fi poison everything. I think this is a good update on face value.

testiclicles
05-30-2018, 10:47 PM
What exactly is wintrading, is it when ppl with multiple accounts engineer results at the highest level?

Noxide7
05-30-2018, 10:58 PM
This is starting to get frustrating, I was hoping to see Sci Fi get nerfed, make Poison slower or cost more, make Astro Butters and Enforcer Jimmy cost 3, but that deck is still over powered.

Also the most neglected Legendary is Wendy, bar none. She either needs an HP boost or longer shield time. I also noticed a Bug when using her with Paladin Butters. If either shield is up on Wendy and the second shield is activated even a second before the first one ends, the second shield doesn't work.

SaltyMelon_GCE
05-30-2018, 11:09 PM
Completely agreeing with Geerti95.

By this opportunity, I'd like to mention that imo Zen Cartman is the main issue. It doesn't matter if he is not attacking any units, he is simply too powerful for a 3-cost-unit, thanks to his ridiculous amount of health and his ability. which makes him way superior to any other tank even if they should be stronger in some situations. The mentioned ZEN FRIAR ANGEL REGEN PURIFY combo is not to be beaten on high levels this way, especially if supported e.g. by splash damage units too like Terrance or Nelly. Additionally, it's extremely annoying how easily and quickly he still can stop any push, even if it was prepared, built and defended yet so perfectly. There are two ways to solve this:
a) decrease his health and increase his charge time OR
b) make him a 4-cost-unit

Btw. your punishment for win-trading is - sorry for saying that - a bad joke. Everybody knows it's mostly about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthParkPhone/comments/8ma56i/current_state_of_the_pvp_ladder_mass_wintrading/ And thinking about this and the punishment you have planned, it seems to me like it's easier to receive a ban by having an "offensive" nickname (e.g. one insulting the studios) rather than breaking the rules, damaging the gameplay experience of all players. And yes, most people should be aware of the fact that you are not going to ban your biggest cash cows that easily; but Roseanne Barr was also one of ABC's biggest cash cows, and yet after she crossed the line once too often they have drawn consequences from it. Maybe you should take this as an example.

NUC13ARPRO
05-31-2018, 01:46 AM
What time does the event start?

Erestontosinote
05-31-2018, 07:32 AM
Oh wow, I have to say that lately developers are really doing a good job to try to keep the game interesting. Its nice to know that youre taking cards on the win trading. And those buffs targeted really needed cards, perhaps a bit too much for ninjew but im probably wrong about that. Hermit seems like it will become playable (I mean, as playable as a epic assassin gets). Choirboy will still be on the weak side, but at last mystic is getting its own assassin xD

And the tuesday events look sick! Its just what we needed, some kind of incentive to play a bit more between weekends, Im really looking forward to that.

Cruddy401
05-31-2018, 11:35 AM
Will legendary ranks be reset completely (for everyone) or only bottom 50%, like it was last time?

TheGmandude
05-31-2018, 03:15 PM
So as a player, the approach i take to any game is to be the best, but being the best in this game can be really punishing. i especially learned that in season 1 and much worse in season 2.

during season 1 i made it to legend rank when all of my cards were lv4 (except epics they were lv3) and i went up against players with pretty much lv5-lv6 common cards lv4-lv5 rare cards, pretty much they had cards a level higher than my cards. barely possible to win and i made a brand new account. (i still attempted to play sometimes with this account until the beginning of season 3. still barely possible to win during those two months...)

during season 2 with the new account, i had lv4 common cards and some lv 3 rare cards and things were going well, won alot of my games with this deck when the season 2 was about to end i decided to just get into legend since the season was about to end and they get us out of legend rank, not only that account is stuck at legend rank but it's also even more unprepared than the previous account and even more impossible to win to the point where i have to make a third account, THIRD ACCOUNT? seriously... (gave up on this account)

i was introduced to win-trading by friends/teams members. I knew this was against term of service, but when you have to go though two account of unpreparedness what can you do? it's either being trapped in a game with really low possibilities of winning (not spending hundreds of dollars just to level up 1 card), or going against terms of service. now i'm not saying this because i did some win-trading and i wanna defend myself or to look for some grief, i'm saying this because:

A) the one that did win-trading long ago will probably get away from it since they no longer need to do it.
B) going against matches that are one-sided (if you don't win-trade and hit legend)
C) putting yourself as a players in risk of being banned, when you pretty much got no other choice of proper advancing.
D) chances are other people are win-trading for the same reason as i am.

is it unfair that win-trading is messing up the rank system? yes. i agree. but it's also unfair that players become a victim because they decided to play fair and agreed to the terms of service just to find themselves never winning due to frequent one-sided matchmaking.

so why am i dealing with a punish or punish situation?

TheGmandude
05-31-2018, 06:47 PM
Ya i was introduced to it on my third account. I never did any kind of win trading on my two other accounts. Playing the game the right way got me to playing a losing game because going against opponent that out level you in card levels is the right way. Learned that lesson twice

Cherry_Derp
05-31-2018, 09:16 PM
Donating cards are fun, but why not trade cards or items, it would make the game more exciting

garrettlstewart
05-31-2018, 11:50 PM
They still won't acknowledge the energy hacking...

rarestep
06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
idiots.

rarestep
06-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Energy Staff - Energy speed up will now be 1.45 (up from 1.4) HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CHANGE BOYZZZ! thumbs up ;)

Pope Timmy- Will now be a 6 cost unit (down from 7) jesus srsly ?:D

1 month later and you come up with basically 0 f*cking ZERO changes you idiots xD go and get your meds or idk.... are these developers diping their balls in cocain in the office all day long or what are they doing please tell me ..... you guys have no idea whats going on and its rly sad :( or idk i might be just an idiot because i rly dont get your monthly jokes in these balance changes . . .
you treat your game like po po :/ wake up please

EHM ** WIN TRADING **
do you consider as a win trading if i get matched against 3 lvls higher new kid / p2w dickhead with 1 lvl higher cards again and again and again . . . sorry that i just restart the game and hope in better fair play haha instead of wasting my time fighting that p2w jew mthfkr :+) pardon me! xD

YouAteMyFries
06-01-2018, 01:01 AM
They still won't acknowledge the energy hacking...
I spend two hours to find at least one energy hacker with screen recorder on. At suspicious matches I counted my and opponents minion cost during the match, so I found that there was no differense between how much energy me and my opponents spend. Some of my teammates did the same with the same results.

YouAteMyFries
06-01-2018, 01:11 AM
What exactly is wintrading, is it when ppl with multiple accounts engineer results at the highest level?
People were using vpn to access asian servers which weren't popular and getting matched against their buddies who were doing the same and then getting wins that way.

TheGmandude
06-01-2018, 06:13 AM
People were using vpn to access asian servers which weren't popular and getting matched against their buddies who were doing the same and then getting wins that way.

Wait that's what it means to win trade? Is losing on purpose considered win trading?

YouAteMyFries
06-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Wait that's what it means to win trade? Is losing on purpose considered win trading?
"Win Trading is a way to manipulate the leader-boards to your and your team's advantage. Deranking is just losing rank in order to get easy wins." https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthParkPhone/comments/8nb8ay/what_is_win_trading/

Basically 'wintrading' is the way to get higher ELO with lower cards aka 'boosting', 'deranking' is the way to lose your ELO, which means that this is two different things.

Aerogirl4
06-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi, I love the game! One suggestion would be to list under the player stats their last login date. As a team leader, it would really help me to be able to weed out players who are no longer active. Thanks and keep up the good work!

blagh-
06-01-2018, 05:40 PM

The developers are doing a great job imo. Win trading, most importantly, has been commented on instantly, in the next update.

They have listened to feedback on cards such as hermes, i think if choirboy was a 2, every mystic player would use him - have you seen his stats at high level?

On that note, to people who have been crying out for stan the great - im a mys/sci fi user and i dont think he or princess should be nerfed. Those abilities are what makes fantasy unique and gives strategy. Not everyone plays fantasy, so why is it a problem that you cant beat that one theme? They are designed like that for a reason - rock paper scissors.

The same when people wanted mystic nerf. Every post started with "every mystic user i play." Yes, thats its special ability, you beat the other themes with your ability yes?

Sorry for rambling slightly off topic but give the developers a break, they have read every word of feedback posted and have been making steady progress every month since, listening to our feedback.

With that said, i really hope you stand your ground with the wintrading. I know they put a lot of money in, i just hope the dolphins are enough to keep the game afloat so you can kick them if needed. Thanks for a great game guys!

I can absolutely beat fantasy as an adventure /Sci-fi player. I typically float around the top 300-400. Stan The Great is op.
Let's compare him with a card in my deck, gunslinger Kyle.
Both cost 3 energy.
Kyle can provide a large attack boost for three seconds, yet Stan causes an even greater attack decrease for five seconds, rendering all characters useless during that time.
Stan is one of the most common cards there is. Seriously, EVERYONE that plays at a high level with fantasy has him at level 6. I find him in at least a third of my packs.
Stan has at least double the hit points. That means I can't kill him with a level five fireball.
Stan does moderate damage as a fighter, and has a quicker attack speed.
Kyle is ranged, but not very, so he's difficult to guard.
The one way that Kyle is "better" is that he can hit flyers with his pea shooter.

AlejandroVal
06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Choirboy Butters needs a buff, he can't face common lvl5 2-energy assassins at lvl4, and he's epic, also his deathwish is almost unnoticeable.

The only reason to use him is the 2-energy cost, since he's the only 2-energy mystical non-spell card.

UnderBellyJelly
06-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Stan The Great is op.
Let's compare him with a card

Compare him to Program Stan. PS(epic) power duration at level 4 is 2 seconds. StG(common) power duration is 5 seconds.

They both basically act as the same power. The freeze does not let the enemy attack and they can receive damage. The same as StG charge.

Let that sink in.. A common has almost 3 times the power duration of essentially the same ability as an epic.
Epic and legendary are meaningless in this game when so many commons have better stats.

blagh-
06-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Compare him to Program Stan. PS(epic) power duration at level 4 is 2 seconds. StG(common) power duration is 5 seconds.

They both basically act as the same power. The freeze does not let the enemy attack and they can receive damage. The same as StG charge.

Let that sink in.. A common has almost 3 times the power duration of essentially the same ability as an epic.
Epic and legendary are meaningless in this game when so many commons have better stats.

Exactly. I have to use both of these to counter a single common completely. That's absurd, and to claim that he doesn't need to be nerfed in some way is just as ridiculous

UnderBellyJelly
06-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Exactly. I have to use both of these to counter a single common completely. That's absurd, and to claim that he doesn't need to be nerfed in some way is just as ridiculous

I would love anyone who thinks Stan the Great doesn't need a nerf to try to defend him on this point.
Same character, same cost, essentially the same charge, similar attack and hp. Everything is about even except for the power duration where the COMMON card has almost a 3 times advantage.

Either nerf Stan the Great or buff Program Stan. If you improve Program Stan though, the sci fi haters will just say the theme is even more powerful... Bite the bullet redlynx and nerf StG

PoidonD4rkFr0g
06-02-2018, 11:18 PM
You ****ing incompetents! Do you happen to test the updates before launching?

When will you have real competitiveness in this game?

It is impossible to play if you do not deck with SciFi and Adventure themes. Impossible!

And I do not see any updates that make it change to balance the game.

DarthCh3f
06-03-2018, 11:12 AM
This game is near perfect the way it is!!

I just request one little thing. I noticed there is an open space in the phrases. Can you add "I Quit" so I can choose that whenever I see:

Mecha Timmy
Stan the Great
Canadian Knight Ike after he gets a Robin Tweak Arrow
A lvl 6 Barbrady, Mimsy or Friar Jimmy
Someone using regen on rats or pigeons.
or Buccaneer Bebe after she gets a few kills.

I really tired of emptying my mana to find the one card that can deal with most of these units and still not getting it. Might as well just quit, take the ban and find something else to play.

PoidonD4rkFr0g
06-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I think you are ignorant or make a donkey! It is impossible not to see that the Jimmy Law Enforcer, venom, queen alien red do not need to review the cards or adjust cost. As already commented the choirboy Butters is ridiculous for being epic card, you have made it completely useless!

Asdfop
06-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Can you make it for dumbs please. I dont get the change in legendary season reset
If i am at 800 ranking and i have 15.500 elo aprox. I stay or get out of legend?

Japdalion
06-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Thank you Ibethough, i really appreciate your effort !! You said so much right things, I also barely can understand why the developers simply ruin this cards. Chorboy Butters and Hermes Kenny... at the very beginning i really liked the cards but very soon I realized that they are a bad joke...

The whole energy trade and reward thing simply isn’t a tactic because the cards are useless. (Compared to the energy-trading-abilities in other themes)

One more card I like to mention :

What’s the deal with Inuit Kenny - I mean this card is a 4 cost unit and this stats... hahahahahaha. He dies against nearly every assasin (Butters,Sally,Kennys..) and against Heidi and so on...and then the assasin/unit dies... wow... so 4 energy against 2. Rats, Gnomes, pigeons are the perfect counter - that’s ok. Some might say he is good because he can take out a huge card. Well... maybe when the unit is in front of your new kid, but butters with special abilities will do also... and the most players use big units in combination with assassins... when I want to kill a unit I use lightning bolt - because then I can decide at my own which card I want to take out. And every 3 cost unit which kills him is a negativ energy trade.

so why is he legendary - does this only mean he is super rare ?

G.Toma
06-05-2018, 10:32 AM
You say aside from a healing deck mystical has nothing else... Well that is just it my friend. Mystical is the only deck that heals. That is an enormous advantage. A healing deck is a weapon in and of itself. Besides you also have purify and power bind that shutdown any of those cards you're talking about that are too OP to handle.

Traumanezzar
06-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone, Steve from RedLynx here!

This week we’ve gathered a little bit more information about the season reset that’s coming next week and a bit of information about this week’s event. We've also taken some time to address talk of win-trading, present our upcoming balance change's patch notes, and introduce a cool new event type. If you have any thoughts, feedback, or questions, be sure to reply below.

THIS WEEK

ASSASSIN'S GALORE
This week, we’ll be having a team event that will be a card usage event - players will be able to gain points by using selected cards and winning PvP matches to progress through the event and collect prizes.

This event will be Assassin themed and will be featuring some of the most sweet (and deadly) assassins. While we typically attempt to refrain from doing card-usage events before a season reset, we have made an exception in this circumstance due to the timing of the Bounty Hunter Kyle event, the Assassin-heavy meta, and the relatively low point requirement. In the future, however, we will attempt to refrain from having card usage events prior to a season reset.

This weekend’s event will run from Thursday (UTC) to Monday (UTC).

The following cards are event cards, for each card on the list you use during the weekend event, you’ll receive one point.

Rat Swarm
Bandita Sally
Inuit Kenny
Astronaut Butters
Hermes Kenny
Gizmo Ike
Powerfist Dougie
Prophet Dougie
Underpants Gnomes
Canadian Knight Ike

As you collect points, you’ll be able to unlock various prize card packs. The reward tiers and point values can be found below.

SOLO REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

TEAM REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

At the conclusion of this event, we will begin a period of server maintenance which is anticipated to last for approximately 30 minutes. During this time, the game will not be accessible, so please keep this in mind.

https://i.imgur.com/6dFLtAA.png

DEVELOPER STREAM
This week, we’ll also be hanging out with all of you on our usual livestream - same time, same place! Stop on by to see us run some crazy Assassin decks, and some interesting strategies! Tune in on Facebook Live and Twitch this Thursday at 8 PM Pacific/ 11 PM Eastern to hang out with us, ask your questions, and maybe even win some sweet loot!

https://i.imgur.com/GWrVayQ.png (http://twitch.tv/southparkphonedestroyer)

NEXT WEEK

LEGENDARY SEASON END
This season is coming to an end. On Tuesday, June 5th at approximately 8AM UTC we will bring the servers offline and the season will come to a close. During this outage, we will be resetting the legendary leaderboards, preparing the legendary season rewards and pushing out a balance patch (notes below). This season’s winner will be honored here on the Ubisoft Forums, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter pages! There’s even a chance that they’ll be honored on the official South Park Facebook page, so fight your way to the top and claim your throne, New Kid!

https://i.imgur.com/MMP82um.png

In our previous season resets, we have removed 50% of legendary players. As the amount of players in legendary has grown, we have decided to change this "50% rule" and we will now be removing users who have an LSR rating lower than 10,000. Any user with an LSR of 10,000 or above will remain in legendary and those with 9,999 will be placed at rank 50.

WIN TRADING
While we are excited about crowning a new season winner, we have also been paying close attention to player feedback regarding win-trading by some players during this season. We have identified a pattern of behavior which we believe constitutes win-trading and other manipulations of the Legendary Leaderboard. We have heard your feedback, and our policy moving forward will reflect this. If a user was found to have engaged in win-trading (on either side) according to our data, they will have their Legendary season invalidated.

Approximately 24 hours prior to our Legendary Season ending, these users will be removed from the Legendary Leaderboard, and they will have their season rewards withheld due to a violation of our Terms of Use. The Legendary Leaderboard will then be adjusted to reflect the correct ranks of the remaining players. We will not be relying on player reports in this matter, rather we will be using match data to determine who has taken part in this practice.

If a player continues to exhibit this behavior, they may have further seasons invalidated, their PvP privileges revoked, or even receive a ban.

BALANCE CHANGES
In addition to the Legendary Season ending next week, we will be releasing a balance update during Tuesday’s maintenance. This round of balance changes has a specific focus on Mystical cards. Broadly speaking, Mystical is the least played theme at Legendary rank, so in order to make it more exciting and appealing, we’ve made some adjustments to cards with low usage rates. We feel that these adjustments will make Mystical more competitive, and are excited to see how they perform in the wild.

In the future, we will be running surveys (both in-game and within the community), continuing to listen to player feedback, and analyzing data to determine which cards to adjust. Please keep in mind that every card is subject to balance adjustments in order to help us achieve our goal of keeping Phone Destroyer an exciting, living, breathing PvP experience. We will also be attempting to keep balance updates in sync with season resets, at a roughly monthly pace.

📜 The Master Ninjew - Increased base HP (Upgrade 1/70) from 140 to 280. This is a scaling adjustment, meaning max level 7 (Upgrade 70/70) increases from 417 to 844.

💀 Witch Doctor Token- Increase base HP (Upgrade 1/70) from 300 to 370 and increased both life drain and heal to ½ (50%). This means that the base power will drain and heal 185 HP. This is a scaling adjustment, meaning max level 7 (Upgrade 70/70) HP increases from 901 to 1115. The trigger for his power has also decreased by 0.6 seconds.

⛪ Pope Timmy- Will now be a 6 cost unit (down from 7)

⚚ Hermes Kenny - Deathwish ability extended from 2 seconds up to 4 seconds, projectile speed has been increased.

🔋 Energy Staff - Energy speed up will now be 1.45 (up from 1.4)

🙏 Hallelujah - On top of the base heal, there is now a small amount added to your base HP. At level 1 the HP added is 15, at max level it is 65.

💥Unholy Combustion - The damage to surrounding enemies has been increased. The amount will start at 20 (previously 12) and increase up to 87 (at max level, previously 53) in order to always kill same level Rat Swarm and low health enemies

24 HOUR EVENTS
In more exciting news, in the near future, we will be rolling out a new type of event! 24 Hour Events will be coming soon. Once everything is ready on our end, players will be able to take part in short (24 hour) card usage events which will begin on Tuesdays (UTC), and will have the chance to earn prizes which consist mostly of upgrade items. You may even see the first of these as soon as next week! Depending on how these are received, they may even become a weekly staple of Phone Destroyer!

Last but certainly not least, we wanted to tell you to go check out the community run, unofficial subreddit. (http://reddit.com/r/southparkphone) It’s an awesome place to chat with other player’s, share deckbuilding and gameplay tips and find teams to join. They’re getting close to 15,000 members and we are planning a little gift for every South Park: Phone Destroyer player when they reach that milestone, so go and give them a hand!

That’s all we have for you this week. Good luck with the remainder of the Legendary Season! Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Steve🚀, Buck🦌, and Toller🐶

How about nerfing cards that are played to much? I.e Stan the great
Or boost a little some Cartman tank as Awesome-0 and magician is barely played.

drummaster1348
06-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Hopefully the developers see this. The season ended, the screen popped up to show me I was rank 1058, and then gave me my re entering legendary pack that had maybe 10 cards in it. However, I never received my payout pack for my rank! That is total crap! Please fix this for me! I want my pack just like everyone else. My username is umphreak1348

YouAteMyFries
06-06-2018, 12:55 AM
Thanks, Redlynx, for dumping the cheaters out of the Legendary ranks before the end of the season! We didn't think you had the balls to do it.
Try to use screen recorder at least once and than count how many energy did you and your opponent spend per whole match (or N-time). The results will surprise you (spoiler alert: it will be the same numbers).

Hopefully the developers see this. The season ended, the screen popped up to show me I was rank 1058, and then gave me my re entering legendary pack that had maybe 10 cards in it. However, I never received my payout pack for my rank! That is total crap! Please fix this for me! I want my pack just like everyone else. My username is umphreak1348Its known visual bug, you got your tier5 legendary rewards without unpacking it.

PoidonD4rkFr0g
06-06-2018, 01:12 AM
You say aside from a healing deck mystical has nothing else... Well that is just it my friend. Mystical is the only deck that heals. That is an enormous advantage. A healing deck is a weapon in and of itself. Besides you also have purify and power bind that shutdown any of those cards you're talking about that are too OP to handle.

You're a comedian. Can be.

Heal what? I would agree with you if the time cards had more life than others, but this is not the reality, purification and restraint of power was greatly penalized with the area and cost! Jimmy Law Enforcer comes in to be much more effective, and has a ridiculous cost for being a fighter.
And poison has left a giant area causing a lot of damage, not counting Queen Alien Red that simply eliminates everything.

You're a comedian.

gquental
06-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Two words: Mystic OP

Arturianopla
06-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Well is not the only theme that heals , yunno adv has healers , fantasy has robin tweek, sci-fi has Kyle and adv has a unit that can purify all the units :/ and sci-fi can powerbind as well so..

PoidonD4rkFr0g
06-07-2018, 12:06 AM
SciFi needs an urgent cost review! Especially the Jimmy Law Enforcer, Poison needs to have number of targets or smaller area as well as Queen Alien Red.

And I can say that because when I want to recover positions I use my cheap SciFi, but it is monotonous that you get stuck to a topic that can not vary.

PoidonD4rkFr0g
06-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Two words: Mystic OP

In your dreams, the ideal is that mystic was OP, but tell me which letter is more OP than your version on another topic! None is the answer! None!