PDA

View Full Version : Orochis deflect and zone questions...(PC)

LuckyStrikerLHP
05-29-2018, 07:29 PM
So I Hoped in for season 6 to see whats new, tried orochi a bit and everything is fine(more or less) except deflect now feels useless. Idk if its me but for me its harder to deflect 3x in a row even sometimes 2x so.. is it me or devs now want that I use deflect less?

as for ZA now is LMB+RMB at the same time right?..... WHY?? yeah that for me some times registers Light or Heavy and... I dont like random.... Plz fix this...

MumfordDaHound
05-29-2018, 08:02 PM
What do you mean deflect 2-3 in a row? After one you will probably attack, not sure what the purpose would be to deflecting multiple attacks without attacking. In 4v4 its not easy to pull off and MOST players don't or can't do it as much as parrying. ZA I think they made it a tighter window so you need to be more precise, I think anyway. I found tapping the 2 at the same time is more consistent than pressing them at the same time if that makes any sense. Lots of ppl complain about ZA and I don't think they are changing it so, you just gotta find a way to get better at it.

LuckyStrikerLHP
05-29-2018, 08:33 PM
well I liked that I had the option to deflect 2,3 attacks just coz of the mind games and it was useful for PK or cent sometimes who had faster light than orochis light hurricane (Idk now in season 6 how things are with light speeds but I had many occasions where 2x deflect saved me from lights AND OFC it was fun and satisfying AF to pull someting like that and yeah I was referring to 1v1 fights, 4v4 are chaos :) THX for the reply, will try 2x tap the zone.

LuckyStrikerLHP
05-29-2018, 08:50 PM
here is one example from Lord doing 2 attacks, so why would I let him to smack me with that 2nd when I could just deflected 2x.. https://youtu.be/31F76FYXoX4?t=2m32s and now its really hard to do that especially if its left right chain

MumfordDaHound
05-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Well that's pretty ballsy to be able to pull off 2-3 in a row just for "kicks'. With the speed of light attacks, chances are gonna be slim that you pull off that many in a row. 99% of players won't just throw heavies over and over. You have the option to do it, just really unlikely.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2018, 08:55 PM
So I Hoped in for season 6 to see whats new, tried orochi a bit and everything is fine(more or less) except deflect now feels useless. Idk if its me but for me its harder to deflect 3x in a row even sometimes 2x so.. is it me or devs now want that I use deflect less?

as for ZA now is LMB+RMB at the same time right?..... WHY?? yeah that for me some times registers Light or Heavy and... I dont like random.... Plz fix this...

To my knowledge, there weren't any changes made to deflects with Orochi's rework, so it should be functioning the same as it was prior to the start of Season 6.

As for Zone Attacking, the input is indeed pressing heavy and light attack at the same time. The input buffer for it is rather tight, but you can certainly get it to come out more consistently with practice.

LuckyStrikerLHP
05-29-2018, 09:23 PM
Huh.. weird.. maybe than I have some sort of input lag to fix coz left right chains seems harder to deflect than in season 4 or Im getting rusty damn it XD... THX Jura for clarification, will report back.

MumfordDaHound
05-29-2018, 09:44 PM
To my knowledge, there weren't any changes made to deflects with Orochi's rework, so it should be functioning the same as it was prior to the start of Season 6.

As for Zone Attacking, the input is indeed pressing heavy and light attack at the same time. The input buffer for it is rather tight, but you can certainly get it to come out more consistently with practice.

Jurassic, maybe you know this. As far as the timing of deflects, is it same as the parry window? I ask cause I was watching the indicator in training mode and it seems like it is pretty much same from the top, and from the sides its almost in the "late" window or the very end of the window. Am I crazy or is it the same window, OR is it its own window that you just can't see it in the training mode. Also, if the timing is different can they add the deflect timing window so we can train that part? Not 100% if all the counter stuff (Parry, CGB, Deflect) are on the same timing. I can't tell if CGB has its own timing window or its the same as all counters.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2018, 10:14 PM
Jurassic, maybe you know this. As far as the timing of deflects, is it same as the parry window? I ask cause I was watching the indicator in training mode and it seems like it is pretty much same from the top, and from the sides its almost in the "late" window or the very end of the window. Am I crazy or is it the same window, OR is it its own window that you just can't see it in the training mode. Also, if the timing is different can they add the deflect timing window so we can train that part? Not 100% if all the counter stuff (Parry, CGB, Deflect) are on the same timing. I can't tell if CGB has its own timing window or its the same as all counters.

To my knowledge, deflecting should be the same window as a parry. For CGB, you'll want to counter the guardbreak as soon as you see the shield icon appear on your hero.

D0C_Nova
05-29-2018, 10:19 PM
as for ZA now is LMB+RMB at the same time right?..... WHY?? yeah that for me some times registers Light or Heavy and... I dont like random.... Plz fix this...[/QUOTE]

If you are able to button map...
I changed my left bumper to do a heavy attack (trigger still set to heavy) but hitting both bumpers is more reliable than hitting 2 buttons with different input feels.