PDA

View Full Version : Fire at Will not working

Osakajoe
03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Wether it's the Deck Gun or Flak in the Academy Missions the Crew will not fire at will.

With the Deck Gun i had to manually select every ship with Binoculars before they would shoot.

In the Flak Mission i shot down every aircraft manually as they would'nt engage at all.

Whats wrong?

Osakajoe
03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Wether it's the Deck Gun or Flak in the Academy Missions the Crew will not fire at will.

With the Deck Gun i had to manually select every ship with Binoculars before they would shoot.

In the Flak Mission i shot down every aircraft manually as they would'nt engage at all.

Whats wrong?

NickNameless
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
That's because Will is a nice guy, wouldn't harm a flea. So why would you want to "Fire at Will?"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Fitz505
03-18-2005, 10:36 AM
The crews will not fire on friendly/neutral aircraft. They will use the 'fire at will' command against enemy aircraft without direct orders. Guess they don't want to join you in front of the firing squad for shooting down the Admiral's plane carrying all his fine French wine.

Fitz

Deerslayer2005
03-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Same for ships too. Would have been nice though to have stated that in the tutorial.

Aviar
03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Be aware that most if not all of the targets in the tutorials are neutrals.

You will have to lock the target in your binoculars before your gunners will shoot. Don't forget to give them orders to fire.

Aviar