PDA

View Full Version : Floating hulk counted

PhantomKira
02-09-2010, 12:46 PM
SH3 1.4 + GWX 3.0

On July 31, 1942 at 03:35, the Passenger/Cargo I'd been shelling with the 8.8cm split in half, burning heavily. The crew informed me that the target was sunk, and we dove to avoid a Kingfisher aircraft, departing the area submerged at 1 knot.

At 6:50, sound reported another merchant contact, and I surfaced to close the contact... driving within feet of the stern portion of the still floating sections of the Passenger cargo.

This reminds me of several ships and/or ship sections that were salvaged by the Allies after they had been torpedoed and left for sunk by the Germans. I'm sorely tempted to finish the deck gun ammo on the halves.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

PhantomKira
02-09-2010, 12:46 PM
SH3 1.4 + GWX 3.0

On July 31, 1942 at 03:35, the Passenger/Cargo I'd been shelling with the 8.8cm split in half, burning heavily. The crew informed me that the target was sunk, and we dove to avoid a Kingfisher aircraft, departing the area submerged at 1 knot.

At 6:50, sound reported another merchant contact, and I surfaced to close the contact... driving within feet of the stern portion of the still floating sections of the Passenger cargo.

This reminds me of several ships and/or ship sections that were salvaged by the Allies after they had been torpedoed and left for sunk by the Germans. I'm sorely tempted to finish the deck gun ammo on the halves.

Anyone else had similar experiences?