PDA

View Full Version : P40 blowing up at 540 km/h

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 05:53 PM
I think I've seen this mentioned before but now I can't find anything about it. Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? I'm making sure that I don't over-rev. the engine and I've tried it in quick combate mode without any problem, so why do I keep blowing up over Leningrad? Perhaps I deserve it...

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 05:53 PM
I think I've seen this mentioned before but now I can't find anything about it. Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? I'm making sure that I don't over-rev. the engine and I've tried it in quick combate mode without any problem, so why do I keep blowing up over Leningrad? Perhaps I deserve it...

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 06:05 PM
yep its definetly a bug.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 06:12 PM
actually all the aircraft in the game have a breakup speed. When the airplanes go fast past there limit, they start breaking up, and if you fly it fast enough they'll just plain explode. Not a bug. In fact i had a paper with some of the aircrafts break up speed, but i lost it, otherwise i would post it on this.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 06:12 PM
known bug...fixed in the patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

Message Edited on 07/29/0306:12PM by crazyivan1970

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 06:25 PM
OK - patch is juuuust around the corner so I'll just keep trying. Thank's a lot for the quick replies. Hope to see you on-line, when I get a little better.

Cpt.LoneRanger
07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
brtnstrns wrote:
- actually all the aircraft in the game have a breakup
- speed. When the airplanes go fast past there limit,
- they start breaking up, and if you fly it fast
- enough they'll just plain explode. Not a bug. In
- fact i had a paper with some of the aircrafts break
- up speed, but i lost it, otherwise i would post it
- on this.

It is a bug, because you can't do anything to prevent it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Preventing overtorque helps, as well as not pushing negative Gs, but you'll explode anyway in more than 50%.

Besides that, P40M was used in pursuit-units, due to it's high dive speed, so please, no discussion about bug or not bug, again.

It's allready fixed and I just can't wait to get that patch, since I fly mainly P40, P47 and P39. =/

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 09:34 PM
the thunderbolt also blow up in a fast dive the other planes just fall appart Try to start whit a stuka at an alltitude of 10000 in qmb and dive whit full trottle.

---------------------------------------
A to the K to 4 to the 7 little
devils dont go heaven Freedom got a AK
---------------------------------------