PDA

View Full Version : Kensei is evolving

PepsiBeastin
05-28-2018, 04:29 AM
His dodge attack invulnerability is spreading. Soon nothing will work on him fore 5 minutes after he uses it.
(Skip to :34, I'm not sure why it doesn't register the timestamp)

https://youtu.be/NIMNk9Zf26k?t=34s

Halvtand
05-28-2018, 12:16 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you linked the wrong vid.
In this one, you (shinobi) are doing nothing as the kensei does a side-dash-heavy which you then deflect. The shinobi literally just stands there watching. I can't see how this is somehow linked to dodge attack invulnerability.

Arekonator
05-28-2018, 12:22 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you linked the wrong vid.
In this one, you (shinobi) are doing nothing as the kensei does a side-dash-heavy which you then deflect. The shinobi literally just stands there watching. I can't see how this is somehow linked to dodge attack invulnerability.

I believe its when shinobi whiffs the followup kick. It sometimes happen when you got long range attack, especially if the attackers moves during it.
Though, this is not issue with kensei, just the problem with shinobi deflect. They should fix it so it moves you close enough to always guarantee the followup.

Vakris_One
05-28-2018, 01:06 PM
His dodge attack invulnerability is spreading. Soon nothing will work on him fore 5 minutes after he uses it.
(Skip to :34, I'm not sure why it doesn't register the timestamp)

https://youtu.be/NIMNk9Zf26k?t=34s
I don't see what you're talking about. He threw the swift strike and you deflected it for a whole bar of bleed damage. Where is the problem here other than the insanely overtuned damage numbers of Shinobi?

PepsiBeastin
05-28-2018, 01:24 PM
For all of you hyper-intelligent individuals, the problem is that the deflect kick whiffs, causing the guaranteed followup heavy to be blocked. If it is a matter of range, that's just stupid since he literally teleports behind his opponent, which should work regardless of opponent weapon length. Its the same as if cent's kick on parry missed right in someone's face.

Siegfried-Z
05-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Yes that strange.. but i gess this is not something about Kensei.. or do u have this problem all the time agaisnt kensei .?

btw this is a knee and not a kick for the Cent ;p

Vakris_One
05-28-2018, 03:21 PM
For all of you hyper-intelligent individuals, the problem is that the deflect kick whiffs, causing the guaranteed followup heavy to be blocked. If it is a matter of range, that's just stupid since he literally teleports behind his opponent, which should work regardless of opponent weapon length. Its the same as if cent's kick on parry missed right in someone's face.
Okay, thanks for explaining. It would have been better to have just said that in the OP if you wanted to come across clearly. Does this only happen against Kensei's swift strike or does it happen against other characters as well?

PepsiBeastin
05-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Okay, thanks for explaining. It would have been better to have just said that in the OP if you wanted to come across clearly. Does this only happen against Kensei's swift strike or does it happen against other characters as well?

I've been having people block the followup heavy since the last update, but its never registered if it was because the kick whiffed. (For those unfamiliar with Shinobi, you can deflect>kick>throw a ranged heavy, and as long as its the opposite guard from what the deflect was its guaranteed. So top deflect side heavy, size deflect top heavy)

Arekonator
05-28-2018, 08:32 PM
"There is glitch with shinobi deflect. This is so sad, can we nerf kensei?"

God damn it, dude...